Where Is the blast mine revert?

Are u really going to left the perk in its actual poor state?

Comments

  • @Ilovezarina5 said:

    Are u really going to left the perk in its actual poor state?

    Survs perk, sorry. If it were a killer perk it would be reverted this patch

  • And it's not even like the perk was op, the nerf was so unnecessary

  • I don't know if I would call it OP in its previous state, but it was certainly annoying as hell. Imagine getting DSed over and over just trying to get a measly 2.5% regression or even losing your Pop because youre stuck and can't move. Before DS was changed, sometimes taking a DS stun would straight up lose you the game, so imagine getting Blast Mined 3 or 4 times a game

  • HOw often were killers really getting blast mined? I ran it an a killer rarely kicked the gen i had trapped. When i played killer i may have gotten hit by 1 in every 10 games.

  • As I understand it blast mine was always supposed to lose its charge. The dev team bug fixed it and doesn't see it as a nerf.

  • @woodenEnthusiasm said:

    As I understand it blast mine was always supposed to lose its charge. The dev team bug fixed it and doesn't see it as a nerf.

    I understand it was a bug flx to something "they didnt know was bugged". However it was a nerf. 66% gen repair to charge it is ridiculous. At least have it match wiretap. That way the killer has a 50/50 guess if the gen has wiretap or blastmine.

  • Yeah it needs to be reverted, and it’s not like killers kick gens much. Only if the gen is close to popping.

  • @get_barted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174260#Comment_3174260

    I understand it was a bug flx to something "they didnt know was bugged". However it was a nerf. 66% gen repair to charge it is ridiculous. At least have it match wiretap. That way the killer has a 50/50 guess if the gen has wiretap or blastmine.

    Its behavior, this isn't the first time they've nerfed something via bug fix and didn't give it some sort of compensation

  • I'd still like them to revert it. It went from "usable" to "Adept Jill and forgotten".

    @Veinslay said:

    I don't know if I would call it OP in its previous state, but it was certainly annoying as hell. Imagine getting DSed over and over just trying to get a measly 2.5% regression or even losing your Pop because youre stuck and can't move. Before DS was changed, sometimes taking a DS stun would straight up lose you the game, so imagine getting Blast Mined 3 or 4 times a game

    One word: Lightborn.

    Astonishing how myself I can't seem to get rid of the perk, it's so good.

  • @get_barted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174260#Comment_3174260

    I understand it was a bug flx to something "they didnt know was bugged". However it was a nerf. 66% gen repair to charge it is ridiculous. At least have it match wiretap. That way the killer has a 50/50 guess if the gen has wiretap or blastmine.

    Yeah I don’t believe them when they say that for a hot minute. A bug that lasted an entire year and a half with no complaints, not used much… no sir, Just BHVR lying again lol

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174244#Comment_3174244

    I think it's them trying to be consistent with perks. They didnt want bbq, wglf, PR doing multiple things. Well blast mine doubled as a beacon and information

    Yes, I can’t imagine an aura killer perk doing multiple things

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174244#Comment_3174244

    I think it's them trying to be consistent with perks. They didnt want bbq, wglf, PR doing multiple things. Well blast mine doubled as a beacon and information

    How did it act as a beacon and information? Its only ability was you trab a gen and if the killer kicks it, it suns abd blinds the killer.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174269#Comment_3174269

    Yeah I don’t believe them when they say that for a hot minute. A bug that lasted an entire year and a half with no complaints, not used much… no sir, Just BHVR lying again lol

    I agree

  • @Veinslay said:

    I don't know if I would call it OP in its previous state, but it was certainly annoying as hell. Imagine getting DSed over and over just trying to get a measly 2.5% regression or even losing your Pop because youre stuck and can't move. Before DS was changed, sometimes taking a DS stun would straight up lose you the game, so imagine getting Blast Mined 3 or 4 times a game

    well you dont ever have to worry about that again. The perk sucks now and is not work using. The gen being highlighted was so good in solo que

  • They should make it charge faster and be able to be blown up remotely

  • Yeah, disappointed to see the perk still unreverted. I hope there'll be a change in the next hotfix.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174314#Comment_3174314

    It highlighted the gen in yellow. Rather it was "come here and help" Or "don't come here if being chased"

    I'm not saying the change was a good thing. I'm just pointing out BHVRs latest patten of not wanting perks to do multiple things

    How is that any different than what Wiretap currently does?

  • Hopefully we only have to tolerate it working this way until the mid-chapter patch at the most. Enough people are vocal about this issue that I'm sure BHVR noticed. Maybe they'll listen.

    Keep talking about it guys, don't let them forget. They "fixed" our meme perk into a nearly unusable state, as if it was at all viable or helpful in most situations as it was before.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345326/where-is-the-blast-mine-revert

    Survs perk, sorry. If it were a killer perk it would be reverted this patch

    So with that logic, when is thana getting reverted?

  • Killer now is like playing hello kitty super cute adventures. Playing solo is hell (well, at least for those who play it now)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174342#Comment_3174342

    Good question. There's not a difference. No one ever said BHVR always made sense 🤣

    I'm just putting my guesses as to WHY blast mine was changed. Following them not wanting bbq, wglf, PR to do multiple things.

    Same thing with hangman's and awakened awareness

    Like...why would I ever run hangman's trick again (hypothetically) when awakened exists

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174394#Comment_3174394

    Killer now is like playing hello kitty super cute adventures. Playing solo is hell (well, at least for those who play it now)

    Riiiight, completely dodge my question by calling killer easy

  • I’m doing that blind the killer 6 times challenge and blast mine is so so useless now

  • Yeah and they'll probably never revert it because fun and decent survivor perks aren't allowed, apparently.

  • I'm hoping at mid-chapter they revert it to how it was OR they make it be 33% gen progress needed to activate like Wire Tap.

  • Blast mine didn't deserve this.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    I'd still like them to revert it. It went from "usable" to "Adept Jill and forgotten".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174252#Comment_3174252

    One word: Lightborn.

    Astonishing how myself I can't seem to get rid of the perk, it's so good.

    You still get stunned just not blinded if I recall

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174314#Comment_3174314

    It highlighted the gen in yellow. Rather it was "come here and help" Or "don't come here if being chased"

    I'm not saying the change was a good thing. I'm just pointing out BHVRs latest patten of not wanting perks to do multiple things

    Yeah but Wiretap does the exact same thing. The gen is highlighted in green, and it gives you the Killer's aura. That's 2 things. As well, you only have to repair a gen for half the time it took to activate Blast Mine.

  • They changed it to be more in line with wiretap and how it functions. I really wouldn't call it a nerf when it still does the same as it used to, you just have to apply it when you know the killer is coming and hope they'll kick it instead of just reapplying it over and over.

  • @Massquwatt said:

    They changed it to be more in line with wiretap and how it functions. I really wouldn't call it a nerf when it still does the same as it used to, you just have to apply it when you know the killer is coming and hope they'll kick it instead of just reapplying it over and over.

    there's no way you can not consider this a huge nerf

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3175277#Comment_3175277

    Yes I don't get it either. I'm just trying to make sense of it myself. Since BHVR hasnt really commented why

    Trying to make sense of BHVR decisions.

    You poor, sweet, summer child. lol

  • I wouldn't, in my own experiences at least. I used Blast Mine a lot before the chapter and the opportunities where it'd actually go off were very low. A killer would maybe set off a blast mine during the match but most of the time they either ignored the generator, it ran out before I could reapply it or I just simply didn't have the chance to use it. So in the end I just used it mostly as an information perk but now wiretap does that job even better. Blast Mine still has it's uses and it still stuns and blinds the same, you just have to commit more to it now instead of just passively applying it throughout the match. It's like DS, just a safety measure kinda thing. Sometimes you got to use it, other times you didn't.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174244#Comment_3174244

    I think it's them trying to be consistent with perks. They didnt want bbq, wglf, PR doing multiple things. Well blast mine doubled as a beacon and information

    It didn't if you are going to call out a perk for doing multiple things which there are a lot of perks that still do then look at wire tap a brand new perk that lights the gen in yellow aura for your friends to see and then shows the aura of the killer withing a certain distance that does two things

  • @get_barted said:

    HOw often were killers really getting blast mined? I ran it an a killer rarely kicked the gen i had trapped. When i played killer i may have gotten hit by 1 in every 10 games.

    In one match I blast mined a poor Trickster 3 times and flashbanged him another 4 times. But that was literally lightning in a bottle and will never happen again.

    In most games it was a 50/50 if the killer would kick your gen. If you WANT the killer to kick the gen, you need to prep the gen with a mine when its 80%, so that the killer might WANT to kick it. Then you can get his attention via Red Herring and hide in a nerby locker. With some luck you can then stun him with a Head On and get three stacks of a "Stun or Blind the killer" tome challenge.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174257#Comment_3174257

    In one match I blast mined a poor Trickster 3 times and flashbanged him another 4 times. But that was literally lightning in a bottle and will never happen again.

    In most games it was a 50/50 if the killer would kick your gen. If you WANT the killer to kick the gen, you need to prep the gen with a mine when its 80%, so that the killer might WANT to kick it. Then you can get his attention via Red Herring and hide in a nerby locker. With some luck you can then stun him with a Head On and get three stacks of a "Stun or Blind the killer" tome challenge.

    My favorite thing to do was pair it with parental guidance and quick and quiet. Where I set the trap when the killer got close, hide behind a rock or wall. If they kicked it and got hit with, ran to a near by locker and jump with no trace I was ever there..

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174244#Comment_3174244

    Was actually a crutch. Like come on, imagine getting a stun for free, that stuff should never be allowed. I hope they nerf it, I saw 1 survivor today who crutched on it and won the game for the team just by using that perk.

    Momentarily inconveniencing a Killer who then needs to pay for a therapist to help him work through the Blast mine induced PTSD.

    "I just... Idk, man. I see a generator, and i KNOW i should kick it. I KNOW the chances of me being stunned are like, 5%, but that one time in the shack, man.... do you have a tissue? Thanks. Anyways, i kicked the shack gen and just bam. A loud noise, I couldn't see anything and when i came to 3 seconds later I saw this Claudette in an ugly Christmas sweater running off into the corn field cackling. Every since then...

    ...... ever since then, man, I just freeze at a generator and can't bring myself to eat corn anymore. And I'm a goddam Japanese samurai DEMON, yanno? I'm supposed to inspire fear. Now I can't even put up a holiday wreath without practicing my breathing exercises. I just see that Claudette and her Christmas sweater taunting me..".


    Thank GOD it was nerfed into uselessness.

  • As someone who plays both sides and kicks gens almost constantly I was never was particularly bothered by blast mine. It was like 'oh no... anyway' *kick kick*. Perk was funny but pretty mediocre before. Now it's dog poo.

    Bug or not, it's irrelevant. I mean even if it's true and the spaghetti code forced the nerf because of Wiretap it still could have got some form of compensation. I mean sure, it's generally better to nerf something like this then risk buffing it into overpowered status but we are talking about blast mine here...

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345326/where-is-the-blast-mine-revert

    Survs perk, sorry. If it were a killer perk it would be reverted this patch


    Please go compare how long it took to change Dead Hard versus how long it took to change Undying.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174314#Comment_3174314

    It highlighted the gen in yellow. Rather it was "come here and help" Or "don't come here if being chased"

    I'm not saying the change was a good thing. I'm just pointing out BHVRs latest patten of not wanting perks to do multiple things

    Something SWFs were already getting with comms.

  • @get_barted said:

    HOw often were killers really getting blast mined? I ran it an a killer rarely kicked the gen i had trapped. When i played killer i may have gotten hit by 1 in every 10 games.

    I get a Blast Mine use probably in 1 out of 5 games, once per game too

    At least it was a good perk to tell my teammates what gen I was working on