Can you guys stop suiciding on hook already?

You know how solo queue is. Either you're fine with it or you're not at this point. You're just griefing queuing into every game and giving up the second something goes wrong. Quit ruining my and everyone else's matches.

Comments

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178089#Comment_3178089

    You forget a tiny little detail. You also drop your own mmr. Where your teammates spend half the match self caring with sloppy in the corner of the map and ignoring Kindred, even when its clear that the hook is safe.

    Condemning yourself to elo hell doesn´t sound like a good idea.

    Like i care about my mmr, i play to have fun, if the match its umbalanced or unfun, i can say goodbye quick enough to next, so i dont see why thats a problem

  • Dying on first hook is optimal.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178151#Comment_3178151

    If that's the end result either way, why waste 15-20 minutes letting some clown (pun intended) work out their aggression on you. Send them back to the queue and hope for a more responsible killer in the next game.

    Do you really think, that someone who plays killer has an aggression problem?

    Getting someone more responsible who gets rewarded with a gg ez noob killer, pls uninstall after the game? Because there might be a reason, why we see so few of those...

  • I've played almost every day this week multiple matches per day. I don't think a single person has killed themselves via hook.


    Is it really the prevalent to be happening in every one of yalls games?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178159#Comment_3178159

    Do you really think, that someone who plays killer has an aggression problem?

    Getting someone more responsible who gets rewarded with a gg ez noob killer, pls uninstall after the game? Because there might be a reason, why we see so few of those...

    Yes, occasionally as killer I get a "gg EZ" from survivors. Just like occasionally as survivor I see "gg EZ" from the killer. There are trash talkers on both sides. It's no excuse to use your developer given power role to play like a jerk.

    Sure it's your right, but so is hook suiciding to get to the next game faster.


  • @Zboard said:

    Nah, sweaty tryhards at 5 gens deserve their 10 mins queue for 5 mins of match :)

    Plus if killer has bad ping, i dont bother, is a free win for him

    Ask bhvr to re-enable the ping check at lobbies, then we can talk

    Pretty much everything you said is wrong. High ping doesn't favor anyone.


    Killer q is less then 2 minutes.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174864#Comment_3174864

    Pretty much everything you said is wrong. High ping doesn't favor anyone.

    Killer q is less then 2 minutes.

    I disagree, when killers have bad ping i eat stupid hits. I dont care about killers queue, but if he is going in a match just to ruin someone else's experience by hard tunneling at 5 gens might as well ruin his by not playing and afk/ suicide on first hook. Anyways, my game, my rules, so everyone is going to do whatever

  • @Zboard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178316#Comment_3178316

    I disagree, when killers have bad ping i eat stupid hits. I dont care about killers queue, but if he is going in a match just to ruin someone else's experience by hard tunneling at 5 gens might as well ruin his by not playing and afk/ suicide on first hook. Anyways, my game, my rules, so everyone is going to do whatever

    Maybe you eat hits because the killer just outplayed you?

  • The immaturity in the community is wild.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178260#Comment_3178260

    Yes, occasionally as killer I get a "gg EZ" from survivors. Just like occasionally as survivor I see "gg EZ" from the killer. There are trash talkers on both sides. It's no excuse to use your developer given power role to play like a jerk.

    Sure it's your right, but so is hook suiciding to get to the next game faster.

    With the difference, that you ruin the game for everyone else.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178331#Comment_3178331

    Maybe you eat hits because the killer just outplayed you?

    Bruh, outplay is not same as getting hit from 3 meters away, but ok 😂

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178312#Comment_3178312

    With the difference, that you ruin the game for everyone else.

    Both actions can ruin the game for the other survivors.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178367#Comment_3178367

    Both actions can ruin the game for the other survivors.

    Doing the objective isn´t ruining the game.

  • Can you guys fix the game so that soloQ does not feel so frustrating we have to suicide on hook?

  • @Junylar said:

    Can you guys fix the game so that soloQ does not feel so frustrating we have to suicide on hook?

    I just now had my first suicide on hook as wesker. I was running multiple yellow perks and nothing oppressive (and no slowdown).


    They killed themselves because I downed them.


    Maybe don't ######### on hook?

  • 3v1 because survivor suicides; 3v1 because the killer camps/tunnels. Objective or not, both actions can ruin the game from the remaining 3.

    My main killer is Nemi. I've run Eruption, Jolt, Oppression, and BBQ since the first RE DLC (Billy was my main before that). I typically hook 2 times and let the survivors go. But during this time I patrol my 4-gen, breaking chase early (usually after 1 whip-hit), and keep the survivors on their toes. My perks helping to create a sense of hopelessness.

    I've only had 2 DCs on Nemi that I can remember. Both of which were at the start of the match. I've NEVER had a hook suicide. But the games went on and the other 3 survivors escaped. DCs did not ruin the game for the others. Because I had direct control of that in the way I played.

    BHVR gave killers the ability to set the tone for a match. My favorite survivor match was with a Myers years ago that seemed to always get the jump on us. He appeared out of nowhere; scared the heck out of us; hooked us all at least once; then let us go. There is a way to play that is tense & fun for all involved. But you cannot play selfishly as killer and then chide survivors for playing selfishly in turn.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178419#Comment_3178419

    I just now had my first suicide on hook as wesker. I was running multiple yellow perks and nothing oppressive (and no slowdown).

    They killed themselves because I downed them.

    Maybe don't ######### on hook?

    Wesker is an OP killer and is clearly part of P2W.

  • lmao what? 🤣 wesker is mid A at best but probably bottom of A top of B.

  • @Junylar said:

    Can you guys fix the game so that soloQ does not feel so frustrating we have to suicide on hook?

    "have to suicide" is a weird way to spell "ragequit"

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178387#Comment_3178387

    3v1 because survivor suicides; 3v1 because the killer camps/tunnels. Objective or not, both actions can ruin the game from the remaining 3.

    My main killer is Nemi. I've run Eruption, Jolt, Oppression, and BBQ since the first RE DLC (Billy was my main before that). I typically hook 2 times and let the survivors go. But during this time I patrol my 4-gen, breaking chase early (usually after 1 whip-hit), and keep the survivors on their toes. My perks helping to create a sense of hopelessness.

    I've only had 2 DCs on Nemi that I can remember. Both of which were at the start of the match. I've NEVER had a hook suicide. But the games went on and the other 3 survivors escaped. DCs did not ruin the game for the others. Because I had direct control of that in the way I played.

    BHVR gave killers the ability to set the tone for a match. My favorite survivor match was with a Myers years ago that seemed to always get the jump on us. He appeared out of nowhere; scared the heck out of us; hooked us all at least once; then let us go. There is a way to play that is tense & fun for all involved. But you cannot play selfishly as killer and then chide survivors for playing selfishly in turn.

    Its a multiplayer game. Survivors can just set the pace of the game as killers do. Its ok, that you only want to play against new players, by always letting them go and ensuring that your mmr rating keeps low. But more experienced survivors are perfectly capable of setting the pace of the game.

    Suiciding just ruins the game for everyone involved. There is no excuse for that. You claim that its justified, because the killer plays scummy and you want to get out. But how would the killer play scummy, if the survivor already attempts to suicide on the very first hook, while the killer is leaving? I´ve seen this way to often. While i´m on my way to unhook, how the killer is at the other end of the map and yet... my teammate tries to suicide.

    There simply is no excuse. Either play the game normally or don´t ready up for a match.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178432#Comment_3178432

    Its a multiplayer game. Survivors can just set the pace of the game as killers do. Its ok, that you only want to play against new players, by always letting them go and ensuring that your mmr rating keeps low. But more experienced survivors are perfectly capable of setting the pace of the game.

    Suiciding just ruins the game for everyone involved. There is no excuse for that. You claim that its justified, because the killer plays scummy and you want to get out. But how would the killer play scummy, if the survivor already attempts to suicide on the very first hook, while the killer is leaving? I´ve seen this way to often. While i´m on my way to unhook, how the killer is at the other end of the map and yet... my teammate tries to suicide.

    There simply is no excuse. Either play the game normally or don´t ready up for a match.

    If the killer is truly on the other side of the map, then hook suicide is very unlikely to happen. Because the teammates would just unhook the survivor before the hooked person misses the 2nd skill check. That's not to say that occasionally you won't be running up as they fail that 2nd skill check. But in most of my games (both as killer and survivor), if the killer leaves the hook; typically a survivor runs up and rescues. Often there are 2 already waiting to bomb the hook.

    No one joins the game to just DC/suicide. They're usually expecting to play an engaging round.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178501#Comment_3178501

    If the killer is truly on the other side of the map, then hook suicide is very unlikely to happen. Because the teammates would just unhook the survivor before the hooked person misses the 2nd skill check. That's not to say that occasionally you won't be running up as they fail that 2nd skill check. But in most of my games (both as killer and survivor), if the killer leaves the hook; typically a survivor runs up and rescues. Often there are 2 already waiting to bomb the hook.

    No one joins the game to just DC/suicide. They're usually expecting to play an engaging round.

    No, it happens a lot. Sometimes the teamates make it in time but they already put themselves into death hook state.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178565#Comment_3178565

    No, it happens a lot. Sometimes the teamates make it in time but they already put themselves into death hook state.

    I have seen this as well. At least the hook suicide was prevented, though. Now as killer, resist the urge to come back to the hook. So they can heal up. Instead, try to go after another survivor. Watch how the game plays out.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178576#Comment_3178576

    I have seen this as well. At least the hook suicide was prevented, though. Now as killer, resist the urge to come back to the hook. So they can heal up. Instead, try to go after another survivor. Watch how the game plays out.

    If they let the other heal them. I've seen many run towards the killer after being unhooked.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178432#Comment_3178432

    Its a multiplayer game. Survivors can just set the pace of the game as killers do. Its ok, that you only want to play against new players, by always letting them go and ensuring that your mmr rating keeps low. But more experienced survivors are perfectly capable of setting the pace of the game.

    Suiciding just ruins the game for everyone involved. There is no excuse for that. You claim that its justified, because the killer plays scummy and you want to get out. But how would the killer play scummy, if the survivor already attempts to suicide on the very first hook, while the killer is leaving? I´ve seen this way to often. While i´m on my way to unhook, how the killer is at the other end of the map and yet... my teammate tries to suicide.

    There simply is no excuse. Either play the game normally or don´t ready up for a match.

    attempting to get off the hook is part of the game. as is camping and tunneling. you might not like it. but its as much strategy as the other.

  • I killed myself on hook earlier, or tried. The Spirit, at 5 gens, was constantly slugging. I almost bled out. My teammates were not on gens, one was in a corner, one was standing (I can only assume afk) and one was running at me. The one running at me, ran up to me- used Rebecca's perk- started unhooking me over and over, shook their head and then got a gen. They then got chased off the gen by the Spirit, who camped me through it while the one survivor stood nearby pointing. The other two, still not doing anything.


    I will suicide on hook in situations like this, when my teammates are doing nothing but trolling or standing around on the other side of the map. I don't mind sitting on hook until I die if people are doing objectives. What I hate is survivors who either use the perk to troll the person who wants out, or they constantly do the unhook animation over and over and over.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178593#Comment_3178593

    If they let the other heal them. I've seen many run towards the killer after being unhooked.

    I've occasionally seen this as well. But these are outliers more than the norm. I've even seen killers DC or afk mid-chase. When a few gens popped faster than normal.

    I don't believe players enter the game thinking, "I can't wait to DC/suicide". This probably happens when they get discouraged.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178632#Comment_3178632

    I've occasionally seen this as well. But these are outliers more than the norm. I've even seen killers DC or afk mid-chase. When a few gens popped faster than normal.

    I don't believe players enter the game thinking, "I can't wait to DC/suicide". This probably happens when they get discouraged.

    Yes, killers that do that are just as bad as the survivors that dc or "give up".

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178449#Comment_3178449

    Wesker's power is straight up the Nurses power, except he can't go through walls. This is what Nurse should have been all along. If Nurse didn't exist, Wesker would be solidly S-Tier.

    Not at all. He would just be higher in a tier.


    If Nurse was gone, our s tier would be blight and artist with spirit on the line. Wesker would stay mid to low a.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178781#Comment_3178781

    Of course this is opinion, but I will give you my reasoning.

    Wesker is better than the Artist because he has map mobility while the Artist does not. Wesker's power, after this update, will be much easier to use than Spirits.

    Yes, Blight is better than Wesker. The other 2 are slightly worse than Wesker. So if you consider Spirit and Artist to be S-Tier, then so is Wesker.

    In the case of artist, she can wound people through walls across the map. In addition to the annoying harassment she can dominate most loops.


    Spirit just has great mobility and a strong power for loops.


    Weskers power does not work as well as the above on a large number of tiles. His anti loop is weaker then all of the other mentioned killers. I put him below plague and huntress as well as the above listed killers.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178774#Comment_3178774

    Not at all. He would just be higher in a tier.

    If Nurse was gone, our s tier would be blight and artist with spirit on the line. Wesker would stay mid to low a.

    And survivors would cry for their nerfs.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178501#Comment_3178501

    If the killer is truly on the other side of the map, then hook suicide is very unlikely to happen. Because the teammates would just unhook the survivor before the hooked person misses the 2nd skill check. That's not to say that occasionally you won't be running up as they fail that 2nd skill check. But in most of my games (both as killer and survivor), if the killer leaves the hook; typically a survivor runs up and rescues. Often there are 2 already waiting to bomb the hook.

    No one joins the game to just DC/suicide. They're usually expecting to play an engaging round.

    It happens quite a lot. Even when someone reaches before they are dead. There usually isn´t enough time to prevent them from getting into second stage. So even if the killer attempts to play fair by 2 hooking everyone before going for death hook, there is a chance that he´ll hook the survivor who attempted to suicide. Because he has no way to see how often he hooked each survivor. Which is especially complicated when they were matching outfits.

  • "Can you guys stop suiciding on hooks already?"

    No. Make the game fun if you want people to actually play. Plenty of reason right now not to try.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3175732#Comment_3175732

    The killer (character) doesn't matter. The killer (player) does. Survivors will rage quit / suicide the moment they feel the game isn't going their way. Regardless of killer being played, perks used, and/or addons in play.

    I've seen/had survivors give up / dc against every killer, even Pig. Addonless, using meme perks, doesn't matter. If you get two or three hooks before the first gen they give up and point at a hook.

    You just need to be good at the killer you're playing for survivors to cry boring.

    Well, that’s an opinion. You are entitled to that.

    Most people play for a casual bit of fun. If it isn’t fun/no chance, then killers will be a victim of success.


    i dislike this animosity towards players. There should be some handicap applied to newer players, so they have a bit of a chance. A bit of balance.

  • @Aaronseuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3176175#Comment_3176175

    Well, that’s an opinion. You are entitled to that.

    Most people play for a casual bit of fun. If it isn’t fun/no chance, then killers will be a victim of success.

    i dislike this animosity towards players. There should be some handicap applied to newer players, so they have a bit of a chance. A bit of balance.

    There's no animosity towards players. What I'm saying is the character doesn't matter. It can be a Blight thats slipping everywhere, can't flick, bouncing off objects they didn't want to and the survivors will be happy and have "fun".

    Then they face a Blight thats good and DC after being hooked.

    That's why the character (Blight) doesn't matter. It's the skill of the player behind that character.

1 2 ›