Is it even fun to play Killer anymore?

I play on console, and here in the past few games I've come across it's always been an SWF(4 person). Gotta say before I left this game I was getting at least 2 people sacrificed per game, now, ever since I redownload it, I can't even get one sacrifice. I don't consider myself the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I definitely have more hours in Killer than Survivor. I get the game is supposed to be balanced and all, but it just doesn't seem too fun to play Killer anymore. Gonna have to move on and be done if this keeps happening.

Comments

  • You may just be in a higher mmr than you need to be. Keep pushing through and it should get better man. Don’t worry about “winning” every game, but focus on just learning new tricks and having fun. It’s nice to just relax and play.

  • @MKFreak1786 said:

    I play on console, and here in the past few games I've come across it's always been an SWF(4 person). Gotta say before I left this game I was getting at least 2 people sacrificed per game, now, ever since I redownload it, I can't even get one sacrifice. I don't consider myself the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I definitely have more hours in Killer than Survivor. I get the game is supposed to be balanced and all, but it just doesn't seem too fun to play Killer anymore. Gonna have to move on and be done if this keeps happening.

    What killers do you play? How do you play them (camping, tunneling, survivor rulebook, 12-hook playstyle)? For example, if you go for 12 hooks, the games will certainly be more difficult. 

  • Just play for 30 more years and you'll have fun at least once.

  • killer has its moments

  • Funnier than survivor, that's for sure. But if you don't have fun, maybe you just tired with DbD. Stop playing and return in a few months (when next chapter will be released, for example), you'll be fresh, rested and ready for new matches. It works with all games I play.

  • Im not having fun either and its mainly the maps I get paired with...like why am I getting Eyrie of Crows more than any other map!?

    My other issue is just that I havent found a suitable main for me....I just bounce around playing different killers and no matter how good I am with whatever killer, I still get stomped sometimes.

  • This update was sold like "Killer sided" but I always said it wasnt. Basekit BT is huge.

    And the nerf to Dead Hard while good, it did not nerf the perk to the ground like happens when a Killer perk is nerfed. I could name a few but I don´t think there is any need.

    Survivor have so many immunity hits they can take, plus boons to heal, weapons, etc. Surreal.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    According to this forum, Killer mains have 100% escape rate when they play Solo Q. Maybe that's the new role you should main now

    Yeah i never run to them in my games tbh as a survivor :D unless they are that blendette claiming the hatch and consider it a win.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    No, I'm bored as killer. I just win to many games with to little effort. Since the patch I had maybe like 10 games which were challenging and I had to give it all I have. I won in all of them besides 1 game with a draw

    If you play nurse I believe you but with other killers that not possible unless something is very wrong with your mmr or you are one of best killer players on dbd and you should stream.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    No, I'm bored as killer. I just win to many games with to little effort. Since the patch I had maybe like 10 games which were challenging and I had to give it all I have. I won in all of them besides 1 game with a draw

    Which is evidence only of a bad MMR system. You should be getting challenged as killer on a regular basis, especially if you're testing out new builds. If that's not happening, it's probably MMR not doing its job. I can't blame SWF for all my losses anymore, because the solos that have adapted are nearly as strong as 4-man SWFs.

  • @MKFreak1786 said:

    I play on console, and here in the past few games I've come across it's always been an SWF(4 person). Gotta say before I left this game I was getting at least 2 people sacrificed per game, now, ever since I redownload it, I can't even get one sacrifice. I don't consider myself the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I definitely have more hours in Killer than Survivor. I get the game is supposed to be balanced and all, but it just doesn't seem too fun to play Killer anymore. Gonna have to move on and be done if this keeps happening.

    The game can be very not fun for people who haven't played in a while, or who are brand new to the game. For some reason, the game pairs you, a supposedly lower MMR killer, with survivors at that same level, but I've heard constant complaints from those people about getting nonstop bully SWFs when they queue up, yourself included. The truth is that mid-MMR killer is the only place safe from that, because it seems to have semi-consistent matchmaking. If you're not there though, because you're too high or too low, you're gonna be getting constant sweats who will barely allow you to get a kill or two.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169552#Comment_3169552

    Basekit bt is huge against all those bot killers who were relying on cheap playstyle to secure kills because they lack skills to catch others.

    Anyone else who knows what to do just didn't care and still get the 4ks. Myself included.

    No, it´s huge because you have 20s immunity with BT. And because it guarantees you safety in the event of unsafe unhooks and allows to bodyblock, etc. Sure, you can trade for the unhooker, you are still playing cheap by your rules.

    But if we are talking about "relying in cheap" how about playing using Voice Communications (Discord)?

  • Borrowed Time was an issue before yes it was. Abused by SWF even today. However, it was nerfed and Survivors have so many more powerful toys so they can abuse. Because basekit BT is a thing Survivors have a free slot.

    Meanwhile... The Trapper...

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169811#Comment_3169811

    Nope, disagree. BT was countering a playstyle. Don't play like that and you have no issue with it. Its so damn easy and simple, why are yall making it complicated?

    BT was used offensively together with other perks such as DS and even DH.

    It was used by SWF all the time even with unbreakable to ensure they can unhook Survivors at will, etc. Specially in the end game.

  • I don’t think there has been a better time to play killer in the past 3 years, than now. You MMR may be too high like others suggested. Try playing a new killer to hopefully offset that. Or at the very least, play one that you’re familiar with but didn’t rack up too many hours on. Maybe MM will cut you some slack, like it was intended to do.

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169626#Comment_3169626

    It's always easier to just say "you verse shid players" if you know what I mean. But I'm serious, Solo Q players have no chance. No matter how good, they get rolled against me. Not because I'm "fcking amazing at this game" but just that the game balance and recent patch was getting stream lined around SWF vs Killer. Solos are ignored, you cant tell me a strong Solo Team is even remotely close to a decent swf on coms.

    And even against good SWF coms, it was too easy most of the times. I versed a lot if streamers, went to their VODs and said to myself "Damn.. They really didn't make much mistakes, they played their best they can do with meta loudout. I dont even know how could beat myself at this point".

    So in all of your matches, you never got an inkling that your survivors might be playing bad? They couldn't have run better perks, they couldn't have been faster on gens, they couldn't have played loops safer, none of that?

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169992#Comment_3169992

    Im just quoting the part you missed to read I guess:

    "And even against good SWF on coms, it was too easy most of the times. I versed a lot if streamers, went to their VODs and said to myself "Damn.. They really didn't make much mistakes, they played their best they can do with meta loudout. I dont even know how I could beat myself at this point"."

    It's too good to believe. Too convenient for the argument you're trying to make.

  • Killer is more fun than insta-losing when the 1st guy to go down gives up. That happens a lot these days.

  • My games have been much harder in the past 1-2 weeks. Survivors and the game seem to have adapt in a few ways:


    • MMR seem to work better, way more consistent teams who do not suicide on hook or DC, a lot more obvious SWF too. It really seems that the MMR has arranged in a way that more "perk carried" survivors have lost points and the ones who know how to play have gathered MMR points
    • they learned which perks are strong and abuseable, eg Prove thyself, Off the record, DH (still great against m1 if you learn how to use it). They use the "distance-making" exhaustion perks like Sprintburst or Lithe to prolong the chase into areas where you have no business, a lot of pallets and can't pressure multiple survivors
    • i sometimes don't feel like tunneling hard, but it's unfortunately the only thing that helps against a good team. If i lose the tunnel at 2 stages and they dissapear and hide, i usually don't 4k
    • this is probably false and just bad RNG, but it feels like i rarely get to play on more killer sided maps like Shelter Woods, but very often on maps like Garden of Joy or Eyrie of Crows
    • maybe the RE chapter have brought back some good high MMR survivors
  • Depends of which kind of survivors you get. Confident and good solo survivors are always fun to go against, SWFs with the same attributes aren't (mainly because some things like Undetectable almost have no impact on SWFs and they usually tend to troll. But sometimes that trolling results in them dying, which is kinda hilarious and satisfying to see). Also I don't enjoy matches were a person Dcs very early because I outplayed and downed them. But overall it's still enjoyable, but not every killer is (*trapper without good add-ons*).

  • @OjomoTheWraith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169823#Comment_3169823

    Play smarter around it. If the survivors managed to do all gens and exit gate you lost. You don't even deserve to get another kill.

    That applies to Survivors as well, and no, you haven't lost. End game perks exist for a reason.

    But I am curious, by "play smarter around" you mean tweak nVidia settings or go full Discord?

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    You may just be in a higher mmr than you need to be. Keep pushing through and it should get better man. Don’t worry about “winning” every game, but focus on just learning new tricks and having fun. It’s nice to just relax and play.

    I wished most killers understand that tunnel, slug for 4K only increase their MMR that they're not supposed to be there.

  • Not really. I win most of my games pretty easily and sometimes get stomped by really experienced teams or when I make tons of really bad mistakes/get robbed by the game/get robbed by cheaters.


    I miss Ranks and I miss pre 6.1.0.

  • Maybe not on console. Poor optimization, negative fps, and limited to only controller is a bummer.