Really Enjoying Wesker...

Not really.

https://youtu.be/FtklTpLQOr0 https://youtu.be/7iAGGxYCyok

It's so disheartening to play him. I really feel like I wasted money on this chapter, not as bad as the last RE Chapter but I was kind of hoping he'd work.

Comments

  • Same. Wish you could refund DLC.

  • I think it's even more disheartening to think that if your second attack there worked, you would have downed someone after DS within two wesker dashes which is beyond broken and highlights how OP tunneling is right now

  • Weird. I do encounter these bugs occasionally, but not nearly enough for me to not enjoy Wesker. He is so much fun to play as in my opinion.

    I hope they iron out those bugs soon. I have no idea what exactly causes him to just let go of survivors sometimes. But there has to be some intention there as well, right? Considering there is an extra animation of him letting go of survivors.

    I hope they at least are able to fix his hit detection bugs very soon with a hotfix, and make it a bit more reliable. I guess they could just increase the hit box size slightly, to 25 or at the most 30 cm, if it takes too long to fix the actual bugs and inconsistencies with his dash. Cause something like this should be fixed quickly.

    I wonder if there is some hit validation going on that is screwing with his dash hit boxes as well.

  • @Hensen2100 said:

    I think it's even more disheartening to think that if your second attack there worked, you would have downed someone after DS within two wesker dashes which is beyond broken and highlights how OP tunneling is right now

    Which is why I've argued that DS should go back to 5.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Weird. I do encounter these bugs occasionally, but not nearly enough for me to not enjoy Wesker. He is so much fun to play as in my opinion.

    I hope they iron out those bugs soon. I have no idea what exactly causes him to just let go of survivors sometimes. But there has to be some intention there as well, right? Considering there is an extra animation of him letting go of survivors.

    I hope they at least are able to fix his hit detection bugs very soon with a hotfix, and make it a bit more reliable. I guess they could just increase the hit box size slightly, to 25 or at the most 30 cm, if it takes too long to fix the actual bugs and inconsistencies with his dash. Cause something like this should be fixed quickly.

    I wonder if there is some hit validation going on that is screwing with his dash hit boxes as well.

    This is happening multiple times per game to me.

    It's completely killed all the hype I had.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163177#Comment_3163177

    This is happening multiple times per game to me.

    It's completely killed all the hype I had.

    That does suck. Even him letting go of survivors? That in particular only happens to me rarely. Dashing through survivors happens a bit more often, but not that often either I believe. Or I am just being too critical of my aim. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a dash should have hit or not. But I am still sure that doesn't happen often to me.

    One other thing I have noticed is that sometimes, the game doesn't let you use your ability, even though a survivor is right in front of you. That definitely screwed me up once, and of course such moments are very frustrating.

    But I don't know, these frustrations just don't happen that often to me.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    Same. Wish you could refund DLC.

    You can if it's on steam. I just refunded mine LOL.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    Same. Wish you could refund DLC.

    You also can on epic games. IDK about console

  • @Pulsar said:

    Not really.

    https://youtu.be/FtklTpLQOr0

    https://youtu.be/7iAGGxYCyok

    It's so disheartening to play him. I really feel like I wasted money on this chapter, not as bad as the last RE Chapter but I was kind of hoping he'd work.

    if you play on PC at all, steam you can and epic. Might wanna try contacting whoever your console support is if you want a refund. I try not to buy dlcs anymore cause ######### like this always happens

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    Same. Wish you could refund DLC.

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

    Nemesis still causes freezes on Console. These things may not be fixed.

    Also, I never said I wanted a refund. I said I felt like I wasted money on a product that doesn't work.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

    Even if they fix his bound he's still a pretty crappy killer, the bugs are just the icing on the cake.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163206#Comment_3163206

    Nemesis still causes freezes on Console. These things may not be fixed.

    Also, I never said I wanted a refund. I said I felt like I wasted money on a product that doesn't work.

    My bad, I meant to reply to the guy who mentioned wanting to refund the chapter.

    Console Optimization problems are of course always worrying since BHVR doesn’t ever seem to put too much attention to fixing them, but in this instance I’m referring to the various bugs that make Wesker’s power nearly unusable.

  • Something I’ve noticed is that when you go through a survivor, they are usually on the left side of you. Almost as if his survivor hit box isn’t centered. I dropped survivors 3 times in one match so far. Still love wesker tho, mostly the taunting he does

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163187#Comment_3163187

    That does suck. Even him letting go of survivors? That in particular only happens to me rarely. Dashing through survivors happens a bit more often, but not that often either I believe. Or I am just being too critical of my aim. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a dash should have hit or not. But I am still sure that doesn't happen often to me.

    One other thing I have noticed is that sometimes, the game doesn't let you use your ability, even though a survivor is right in front of you. That definitely screwed me up once, and of course such moments are very frustrating.

    But I don't know, these frustrations just don't happen that often to me.

    That one averages once every other match.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

    Can i get a refund on sadako?

  • From my friend's stream. The most egregious example of Wesker being anti-fun.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousWimpyEggDogFace-vhhFAKEbgiqquF0d


  • @Pulsar said:

    From my friend's stream. The most egregious example of Wesker being anti-fun.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousWimpyEggDogFace-vhhFAKEbgiqquF0d

    Holy ######### twice in a game.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentFilthyTaroDancingBaby-8HIeG4TpDTuVgHGb


  • Really? Enjoying Wesker?

  • Snow piles do not have collision. If you push someone into one, they will get off for free. Have you not played Blight?

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165656#Comment_3165656

    Snow piles do not have collision. If you push someone into one, they will get off for free. Have you not played Blight?

    I have.

    You can control Blight, you can't control Wesker's Dash.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviF_FI53D0&ab_channel=Choy

    I think this video is a good summation of the bugs and issues Wesker has at the moment. I don't agree with everything Choy says in the video, but I haven't seen all of the bugs gathered in a compilation and I figured this was good enough.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165709#Comment_3165709

    I have.

    You can control Blight, you can't control Wesker's Dash.

    What are you even saying, I was responding specifically to your video, in it there was a very clear explanation why something happened. I've played Blight since the PTB and I remember people just like you complaining that Blight was garbage because his collision was trash, and you know what I knew then, just like I know now. Blight was super strong, even back in the PTB, but sometimes people can't see past the bugs. And do you remember what happened, the bugs got patched out one by one and now Blight is considered S tier. But do you want to know a secret? He was S tier even with all the bugs.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165750#Comment_3165750

    What are you even saying, I was responding specifically to your video, in it there was a very clear explanation why something happened. I've played Blight since the PTB and I remember people just like you complaining that Blight was garbage because his collision was trash, and you know what I knew then, just like I know now. Blight was super strong, even back in the PTB, but sometimes people can't see past the bugs. And do you remember what happened, the bugs got patched out one by one and now Blight is considered S tier. But do you want to know a secret? He was S tier even with all the bugs.

    He wasn't S-tier because he had those bugs.

    The word you are looking for is potential. He had the potential to be S-tier, he wasn't because you had a low camera and his collision was garbage.

    Wesker, likewise, has the potential to be absolutely amazing. However, due to his bugs, he isn't actually good right now.


    And my point about Wesker was that, with Blight, you can control where you Bounce from, you can even adjust mid Rush. With Wesker, considering his absolutely horrid collision right now, you have to fire when you think you're lined up with a Survivor and pray for the best. There is no opportunity to adjust to throw Survivors into something that does have collision. (the snowbanks should have collision, seriously, why don't they)

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165863#Comment_3165863

    He wasn't S-tier because he had those bugs.

    The word you are looking for is potential. He had the potential to be S-tier, he wasn't because you had a low camera and his collision was garbage.

    Wesker, likewise, has the potential to be absolutely amazing. However, due to his bugs, he isn't actually good right now.

    And my point about Wesker was that, with Blight, you can control where you Bounce from, you can even adjust mid Rush. With Wesker, considering his absolutely horrid collision right now, you have to fire when you think you're lined up with a Survivor and pray for the best. There is no opportunity to adjust to throw Survivors into something that does have collision. (the snowbanks should have collision, seriously, why don't they)

    I can see where you're coming from, but honestly I see Wesker now the same way I saw Blight when he was new. Just learn to play around the bugs. If you do, Wesker is still very strong and anyone who is going off about the bugs is just missing out on getting better with him. By the time the bugs were fixed on Blight I had already mastered him, that was when most people only started playing him.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165883#Comment_3165883

    I can see where you're coming from, but honestly I see Wesker now the same way I saw Blight when he was new. Just learn to play around the bugs. If you do, Wesker is still very strong and anyone who is going off about the bugs is just missing out on getting better with him. By the time the bugs were fixed on Blight I had already mastered him, that was when most people only started playing him.

    You can't just play around Wesker right now.

    Bounds that should hit, don't. Bounds that do hit don't injure.

    It's hard to play around his power just not working

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My main problem with Wesker is just boiling down to controller being ######### again lol

    Like fine, give us a needle hitbox. But give us the means to land it consistently first. This response curve is so garbage. How hard is it actually to change it?

    Apparently, it's very difficult for them.

  • @Hensen2100 said:

    I think it's even more disheartening to think that if your second attack there worked, you would have downed someone after DS within two wesker dashes which is beyond broken and highlights how OP tunneling is right now

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nurse and Blight would be able to do the same, no? Yet on Wesker, it would be considered "beyond broken"? Am I missing something here??

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqxbW7VpdZs

    Play around it they say, you can still master him when his power literally doesn't work half the time they say

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163159#Comment_3163159

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

    I mean tbf

    If you refund it now and later buy it again on sale after his issues have been fixed you did save some money.

  • @AJStyIez said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqxbW7VpdZs

    Play around it they say, you can still master him when his power literally doesn't work half the time they say

    Pain

  • I don't know, playing Wesker has unironically been the most fun I've had in this game in a long time.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviF_FI53D0&ab_channel=Choy

    I think this video is a good summation of the bugs and issues Wesker has at the moment. I don't agree with everything Choy says in the video, but I haven't seen all of the bugs gathered in a compilation and I figured this was good enough.

    OK thanks for this I am not buying this DLC

  • I think Wesker is a decent killer, I think his initial bound having t-rex arms is fine...but man dashing through survivors or doing nothing to them is soul draining.

    I don't mind requiring to be super precise and accurate, but man that's crazy.

  • I thought you already bought it?

    Or were you talking about the PTB Wesker?

  • Here's a great one from tonight.

    Not throwing people into snowbanks, just letting them go because...Wesker feels like it?

    https://youtu.be/a9Lu_gsAXDM

    In both scenario's, I am punished for using his power. I literally would have been better off M1'ing her and getting STBFL and Dissolution value.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166450#Comment_3166450

    I thought you already bought it?

    Or were you talking about the PTB Wesker?

    I was talking about PTB. I finally bought it because I wanted both survivors and it’s the same price to buy everything.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    Same. Wish you could refund DLC.

    Just refunded mine on xbox.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    they really ought to just give in and allow him to zoom off ledges like Demo. then code and make a proper animation and damage scenario for when he grabs a survivor over an edge.

    they've already added a bunch of invisible walls to drop down points...what's the worst that can happen? are they really that afraid of space wesker?

    E: or otherwise find a way to detect how long he is in the air for mid-bound, and cancel/quickly decelerate the bound's forward momentum (and either drop or slam the survivor into the ground with a new animation) after/over X amount of time? prevents him from getting too much map mobility from hills/upstairs main buildings and likely nips a lot of stoppage & catch & release bugs in the bud. dunno if it's plausible though.

    I've got no idea.

    I'd settle for fix his hitbox and his "I somehow hit a Survivor but can't damage them" bug and I'll be way happier.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168039#Comment_3168039

    well some of the catch & releases are due to his ledge restriction, and some are due to scenarios where you grab a survivor on the other side of an object (or at least, the game detects that, which is why it happens on corners so much). the latter I can absolutely confirm because I grabbed someone on the other side of a guard rail and it just released them instead of teleporting them to me and slamming them.

    maybe the simplest solution would be to turn those scenarios into slaps. but then you still have the problem where he can't go down some stairs and such so...

    So what happens here?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=a9Lu_gsAXDM&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    The first one is obviously the corner thing you spoke about. It seemed like it was working fine on the PTB tho?

    What about the 2nd one? Wide hallway.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163159#Comment_3163159

    A refund? I get that hating BHVR is the trend here, but these issues will be fixed.

    I understand that the hype will be dead by the time he’s made a functioning killer again, but in that case all you need to do is get a friend to hit you really hard on the head.

    Given that it took them 3 years to fix major Nurse bugs, I wouldn't hold my breath.