Hey players who have been here a while

Iโ€™m new and on Xbox one . I read somewhere on here about how with the previous Resident Evil chapter the game was having major problems (with lag, FPS dropping, hit reg etc for console) was that true ? And if so was that for everyone regardless of what killers they used ?

Comments

  • It used to be pretty bad. Now it's decent. Lag doesn't happen as strongly when Nemesis advances to the next stage. BHVR has done a good job lately on Xbox lag. It's far, far from perfect but much better compared to a year ago.

  • Yes, it was certainly a problem right at the time of the RE chapter. I feel like it was normally just with Nemesis matches, but that observation might've just been because SO MANY people were playing Nemesis.

    Welcome to DBD, though!! ๐Ÿ˜ and don't listen to what most people on this forum say. It really feels like 95% of the people complaining and trash talking on this forum are the side of the fanbase that uses the forum after bad matches.

    If you ever need Survivor/Killer advice, please do reach out and never be afraid to ask! ๐Ÿ˜Š Especially if you need a medic survivor to team up with.

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    Yes, it was certainly a problem right at the time of the RE chapter. I feel like it was normally just with Nemesis matches, but that observation might've just been because SO MANY people were playing Nemesis.

    Welcome to DBD, though!! ๐Ÿ˜ and don't listen to what most people on this forum say. It really feels like 95% of the people complaining and trash talking on this forum are the side of the fanbase that uses the forum after bad matches.

    If you ever need Survivor/Killer advice, please do reach out and never be afraid to ask! ๐Ÿ˜Š Especially if you need a medic survivor to team up with.

    Iโ€™m mostly wondering if I will have the same performance issues when this coming chapter drops (even with killers not from R.E)

  • @JakeCannon said:

    Iโ€™m new and on Xbox one . I read somewhere on here about how with the previous Resident Evil chapter the game was having major problems (with lag, FPS dropping, hit reg etc for console) was that true ? And if so was that for everyone regardless of what killers they used ?

    Almost every new chapter has something behind it, bugs are inevitable, but I believe RE was the worst for lags and crashes and all that jazz

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    Yes, it was certainly a problem right at the time of the RE chapter. I feel like it was normally just with Nemesis matches, but that observation might've just been because SO MANY people were playing Nemesis.

    Welcome to DBD, though!! ๐Ÿ˜ and don't listen to what most people on this forum say. It really feels like 95% of the people complaining and trash talking on this forum are the side of the fanbase that uses the forum after bad matches.

    If you ever need Survivor/Killer advice, please do reach out and never be afraid to ask! ๐Ÿ˜Š Especially if you need a medic survivor to team up with.

    Hey, I'm not part of that 95%, right? I mean, you don't know me, but I need an ego boost, lol

  • The game performance was so bad it was causing crashes after the first RE chapter came out, BHVR turned off DC penalties for a bit because of it. They also shut off RPD for a while because it caused a large increase in performance issues.

    This post was started before the RE chapter was released because console was already having performance issues. When the RE chapter came out people used this post to keep track of all the performance issues, some posting videos including Pulsar who was using an Xbox one at the time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245229/the-continued-ignorance-of-performance-issues-continues-to-hamper-player-fun/p1

  • I doubt that will repeat. It was the only time when the game was pretty much unplayable for me because the performance issues were so severe.

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    Yes, it was certainly a problem right at the time of the RE chapter. I feel like it was normally just with Nemesis matches, but that observation might've just been because SO MANY people were playing Nemesis.

    Welcome to DBD, though!! ๐Ÿ˜ and don't listen to what most people on this forum say. It really feels like 95% of the people complaining and trash talking on this forum are the side of the fanbase that uses the forum after bad matches.

    If you ever need Survivor/Killer advice, please do reach out and never be afraid to ask! ๐Ÿ˜Š Especially if you need a medic survivor to team up with.

    OP,just listen to this guy here, for he speakes the truth.

    I love this game to death, no matter is flaws, and if you invest some time into it it could become your favorite game, too :>

  • @JakeCannon said:

    Iโ€™m new and on Xbox one . I read somewhere on here about how with the previous Resident Evil chapter the game was having major problems (with lag, FPS dropping, hit reg etc for console) was that true ? And if so was that for everyone regardless of what killers they used ?

    The RE Chapter hit game performance on the consoles very hard, especially the older machines me and you use, but even most PCs too. The patches afterwards helped us back from the brink, but I'd say it has never completely recovered.

    Most of the familiar frame drop triggers remain, and yes Nemmy himself still causes a few problems as well. It is not unplayable by any means, but considering "goals" set over the years, feels very much like unmet potential. Sadly.

  • Yes, the RE Chapter was a massive issue on Xbox One and PS4, and even some PC's.

    RPD caused crashes for months. Nemesis caused severe freezing issues for months. The game was essentially unplayable for a month or so. While it has gained back what it lost, there haven't really been any improvements. The same triggers remain and little seems to be done about them.

    If you have clips or just want to see some of the videos from the time, please check out the thread.

    @Pulsar said:

    Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

    I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

    Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

    Thank you.


  • Average gamer: "yay, new patchie ๐Ÿ˜"

    DbD gamer: "aw yiss, new bugs ๐Ÿ˜Ž"

  • @BenOfMilam said:

    Average gamer: "yay, new patchie ๐Ÿ˜"

    DbD gamer: "aw yiss, new bugs ๐Ÿ˜Ž"

    Yeeee I caught onto that one even before I started the game , but damn is it bad in dbd .

  • @Pulsar said:

    Yes, the RE Chapter was a massive issue on Xbox One and PS4, and even some PC's.

    RPD caused crashes for months. Nemesis caused severe freezing issues for months. The game was essentially unplayable for a month or so. While it has gained back what it lost, there haven't really been any improvements. The same triggers remain and little seems to be done about them.

    If you have clips or just want to see some of the videos from the time, please check out the thread.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245229/the-continued-ignorance-of-performance-issues-continues-to-hamper-player-fun

    Didn't the RE chapter nearly brick your Xbox, like it crashed and then you couldn't get the power back on for hours? Or am I thinking of someone else?

  • I miss getting stuck inside rocks.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143889#Comment_3143889

    Didn't the RE chapter nearly brick your Xbox, like it crashed and then you couldn't get the power back on for hours? Or am I thinking of someone else?

    Yeah that was me.

    It did finally die a couple months ago, hence why no new clips.

  • RE was a mess on release. Console lag and crash issues, RPD actually broke the game and had to be removed for a little while, among other bugs.

    The only chapter I can remember that came close to being as bad with all the bugs was Twins release where the killer was put live in an unfinished state, maps with hills had a collision bug where you could get trapped in one spot and the only way out was to be slugged and bleed out or DC, Nurse got broken again, sounds got broken again where players with Iron Will would make no footsteps and be completely silent while on the ground, among other perk/map/kikler power bugs.

    With he kill switch they implemented, changes to how they implement updates in terms of download times, and what seems to me like a larger team for QA and updates, and how solid the last few chapters have been I'm hopeful for the next RE chapter (with the exception of splitting and reworking RPD, ain't nithing can save that sinking ship)

  • It was horrible. But every now and then, it feels a bit like that. This game's optimization isn't great. Using your killer's ability, or having survivors unhook in front of you can randomly lag/stutter your game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143963#Comment_3143963

    Yeah that was me.

    It did finally die a couple months ago, hence why no new clips.

    Dang I missed the services.

    I'm still on mine, although I haven't been able to stream or record any game with it in like a year.

  • Yeah, it was pretty bad, and unfortunately theres a good chance it can happen with any chapter release. Binding of Kin, Resudent Evil, if I remember right Artists chapter all dropped with major issues that broke the game and took the devs weeks to fix, mostly cause this game is spaghetti code built on a foundation of rotted wood soaked in three week old sink water.

  • The RE release was indeed atrocious.

  • @GeneralV said:

    The RE release was indeed atrocious.

    Am I the only one quite surprised Capcom said "Last time was fine, set up another... "

  • @BenOfMilam said:

    Average gamer: "yay, new patchie ๐Ÿ˜"

    DbD gamer: "aw yiss, new bugs ๐Ÿ˜Ž"

    Patchie ๐Ÿ˜†