Should DbD Have More Emotes?
I feel like it would be nice to have some more ways of expressing ourselves within game. And Im not just talking about for only survivor, I really wish killers also had emotes they could use. Plus I really feel like this opens up the game to more possibilities in what can be done (and also because it's just generally funny).
I know DbD is a horror game, but to me it really feels like it can still provide a casual experience and have goofy stuff here and there. I mean, we have stuff like the Lethal Kitten outfit for Legion... I can never really take the game seriously with it (even though the outfit is pretty cute). Plus we are getting Wesker, which is a pretty cheesy character that has meme potential.
TLDR; Game isnt insanely serious, so emotes can fit into the game, both sides can express themselves more with emotes. Why has BHVR done this yet? They could be making bank.
Comments
Nope. It'll be dumb, immersion breaking and encouraging toxicity.
What we have is fine.
Adding more emotes would ruin the atmosphere and provide yet another way of monetisation. A double negative.
I wouldn’t mind 1-2 character specific emotes. Haddie pulling out her recorder and deathslinger spitting are 2 animations they could easily put in game
Please don't.
It's been my dream to default dance as the killer watches me dip out of the gate.
I'd like it :)
I don't think there should be any character-specific emotes.
I think there should be more ways to express yourself as survivor overall.
Being able to shout "Hey!" with a 20m range once in a while (20s cooldown maybe so people can't spam it) while not in the terror radius would be nice, especially for SoloQs. Something to get another survivor's attention to get a heal among other things.
People already get upset by teabagging and pointing. Adding more emotes is unnecessary.