Tunneling and Camping

I've seen and heard plenty of comments from folks I know complaining about the increase in camping and tunneling and how its a big problem. I don't really get it myself, since I've been camped and tunneled myself plenty before this latest patch. Heck, I still do both if the situation calls for it. What is it that makes it feel so much worse now?

Comments

  • Sadly Otr became a must in my builds.


  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    it's weird I am playing Solo Survivor since 2016 (not continuous) and .. well I can count the times I've been Camped on my Hands, maybe it's the region? I'm from the EU, even now after the Patch I played one Week exclusively Survivor (normally I play Killer most of the time and Survivor occasionally or for Challenges) and since the patch, I've been Facecamped one time and "kinda" Tunneled ONCE!

    I've only been playing a cpl years but my experience is the same, and I've said before that I think it's region related. Seeing the number of complaints though across the board, I believe it's a real issue that BHVR need to look into. Just like I've never used DH or tbagged killers, the amount of complaints I'd see pre-patch was enough for me to know they frustrated killer gameplay.

  • Out of 5 games played tonight, 2 campers/tunnelers and 3 genuinely good players.

    Only survived once on a Bubba's mercy (what a world we live in that Bubba has more heart than other killers!).

    As a surprising note, one of the campers/tunnelers was truly lovely in postgame chat.

  • @Xperian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096497#Comment_3096497

    You're either not playing survivor or intentionally being disingenuous and gaslighting. Either way,

    I see killers tunnel in nearly every match. Because if they get one person out early, the rest of the game is a cakewalk. Gens have been slowed and chases are easier now. So in a 3v1, one person will be hooked, one person will be going for save, and one will be working on a gen or running the killer. There is no time to make significant progress on generators in this scenario. When one person is dead, it's almost guaranteed to be game over if there are more than 2 gens remaining. Especially if people are not in a 4 stack SWF. It feels worse now because it IS worse now. Not more common - just harder to fight.

    I play survivor and killer equally. Like I said, I don't always see killers tunnel or face camp. Sorry you do. But there's really nothing you can do about it.

    Screenshot_20220727-201324_Chrome.jpg


  • @KFChris18 said:

    I've seen and heard plenty of comments from folks I know complaining about the increase in camping and tunneling and how its a big problem. I don't really get it myself, since I've been camped and tunneled myself plenty before this latest patch. Heck, I still do both if the situation calls for it. What is it that makes it feel so much worse now?

    Curious- what did the folks you know say when you asked them? Did it cause a debate or any tension? Did they criticize you for doing it?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096706#Comment_3096706

    Almost like that's the characters most people use..... Nea Meg and Claudette are the most popular characters..

    But there's also a correlation between DLC characters and invested players, mostly with a lot of hours and skill. Why would they mostly play the first 5 characters as opposed to the ones they bought? I know it's a reach, but it's less of one considering what you're showing/telling us.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Because so many complained they had no choice but to camp and tunnel players out because the gen get done fast.

    But now with the killer buffs there is no reason to camp or tunnel it makes winning as a killer so much easier.

    Before it was just gameplay now it's brain dead gameplay๐Ÿ˜‚

    10 seconds added to generators won't change anything, plus add the fact that slowdown perks were generally nerfed into the ground (yes, they buffed overcharge and thanato, but the 1st one is pretty much useless aganist people who are able to hit great skillchecks and thanato well, only 2 killers will fully benefit from that perk: legion and plague.) and maps are still horrible and too much rng (good luck to win a chase aganist decent survivors with the trickster in a corn map like fractured cowshed for example). even with the slightly basekit buffs that killers got things didn't changed much.

  • Tunneling has indeed increased or at least it feels like it. I have tunneling and camping nurses at 4-5 gens which is silly.

    I hate playing like that since its boring and i only tunnel when im noticing that im losing, but hey each to their own...i just dont find it entertaining and it doesnt challenge me as a killer when i just easily tunnel the injured person always out.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096549#Comment_3096549

    Stop acting like killers don't camp and tunnel just to be complete douchebags. It's actually such a common occurence. It was bad before but even worse now that Survivors have no ways to defend themselves.

    To being douchebags? I strongly doubt it. To win? Probably. it's like complaining about survivors that went to finish generators almost finished when the killer is chasing someone near that position, the concept is the same: both killers and survivors can "tunnel" their main goal. is it annoying/unfun? hell yeah you can bet it. is it allowed? yes. So if you must complain about this then you should propose changes also for the other side imo, otherwise your logic could be called double standard

  • I don't know why others are camping/tunneling, but here are my reasons.

    Camping:

    1. With the increased time it takes to complete Generators, Survivors get bored even quicker now and end up rushing the Hook. Why should I leave?
    2. 3-Genning is even stronger now with the 90 second Generators, why shouldn't I force one early?


    Tunneling:

    1. With the general Killer chase buffs, Survivors are scared to loop the Killer (especially now that Dead Hard isn't a free chase extender anymore) and take aggro, resulting in unsafe saves in the vicinity of the Killer (thanks to the base-kit BT) and then leaving the unhooked Survivor to die.
    2. With Generators now being slower and general chase buffs, tunneling even a good Survivor is now easily achievable. Tunneling the weak link of the team (which is the smartest play you could make as a Killer) is now brain-dead easy and efficient
  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I don't know why others are camping/tunneling, but here are my reasons.

    Camping:

    1. With the increased time it takes to complete Generators, Survivors get bored even quicker now and end up rushing the Hook. Why should I leave?
    2. 3-Genning is even stronger now with the 90 second Generators, why shouldn't I force one early?

    Tunneling:

    1. With the general Killer chase buffs, Survivors are scared to loop the Killer (especially now that Dead Hard isn't a free chase extender anymore) and take aggro, resulting in unsafe saves in the vicinity of the Killer (thanks to the base-kit BT) and then leaving the unhooked Survivor to die.
    2. With Generators now being slower and general chase buffs, tunneling even a good Survivor is now easily achievable. Tunneling the weak link of the team (which is the smartest play you could make as a Killer) is now brain-dead easy and efficient

    Didn't you know 3-genning is classed as being toxic, i tried to explain to someone on another discussion that if survivors end up 3 genning and i have a survivor hooked in the middle i have no reason to leave the gens or the hook or if i play hag and set up for a 3 gen and it works out and same thing i hook a survivor in the middle i have no reason once again to leave the 3 gen, I got told playing like that is toxic and which is why camping is such a problem because of killers 3 genning and not wanting to chase a survivor across the other side of the map.

    No idea the logic behind thinking like that because if the survivors 3 gen that is there own fault, if a killer gets the 3 gen they set up they earned that 3 gen.

  • @KFChris18 said:

    I've seen and heard plenty of comments from folks I know complaining about the increase in camping and tunneling and how its a big problem. I don't really get it myself, since I've been camped and tunneled myself plenty before this latest patch. Heck, I still do both if the situation calls for it. What is it that makes it feel so much worse now?

    Just got tunneled out by a demo yay very fun๐Ÿ˜’

  • Only Ghost face is allowed to send pictures how dare demo take that away from him ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097300#Comment_3097300

    Only Ghost face is allowed to send pictures how dare demo take that away from him ๐Ÿ˜‚

    The demogorgon players I have been playing against recently are fake demo players

  • I think there's plenty of factors that could've caused the increase in camping. MMR is one. I think how often this game gets new players, both survivor and killer, severely attributed to an overall drop in skill level as a whole in this game. I think that's why SWF is often so strong, because competent players play together and competent killers play less campy, maybe not always less tunnely. Plus I think people severely underestimate how toxicity causes people to become toxic themselves, and toxicity has never been something this game has not been. Hard to change a mentality so many people have.

    I also think that a lot of people who say it happens every single game are overexaggerating and lying. You're probably far more likely to be done in by incompetent teammates. Sometimes there's a scenario where you go "Yeah, I would've done it in that situation too" or you might blame your teammate for becoming the immersed man, but.. it's just easier to blame the killer for not totally ignoring you.

  • Dunno about camping, but sweaty tunneling full slowdown killers are almost every game lately.

    Its like 4 slowdown meta killers will 3 hooks someone no matter what since they can get away with it much easier than ever before.

1 2 โ€บ