What do survivors want to achieve, by DC'ing, afk'ing, giving up in matches?

Hey.

So recently I played like 6 matches as a killer (3 nurse, 2 hag and 1 sadako)... And from each of this match, I've had people DC, afk (giving up) after 3 gen pops. I suppouse soloq only. And I swear, it's getting so ridiculous.

In some of this matches, they were ragequitting and afking even when I was actually losing, and I'm not kidding.

It was a match with hag, the match for me was awful, maybe the worst possible scenario (who playing hag, knows...) the only thing why I won this match, it's coz 1 guy just DC'd after I (somehow) downed him.

What is happening with survivors? What is the point of even getting into the match, if you know you're going to dc or ######### on hook?

Are they hoping to get a "baby killer" to go against? Are they protesting the changes that way? If so, I don't think it's a smart way.

I also looked up some Youtube vids to see how some survivors playing soloq, and they're mad. Don't get me wrong, they're mad on their teammates, ruining the game, killing themselves on hooks and denying to play.

I looked up more, and I've seen more people just ragequitting in a 100% winnable match. The killer 100% will lose this match, and they still DC or K themselves on hooks...

Dear survivors, what is going on? What are you exactly want to achieve like this?

Comments

  • @Shirtless_Myers said:

    They receive the chance at a better match because they'll instantly find another. There's no point in staying in a pointless game with bad teammates or an obnoxious killer build that shouldn't exist.

    I do agree with killing themselves if they aren’t having fun, or the killer is being toxic. Go right ahead.


    My issue is with survivors that kill themselves on hook when they are winning, just to inflate kill rates.

  • @Cleverotter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113626#Comment_3113626

    I do agree with killing themselves if they aren’t having fun, or the killer is being toxic. Go right ahead.

    My issue is with survivors that kill themselves on hook when they are winning, just to inflate kill rates.

    Every killer main says this, but I’ve been doing SoloQ around 4-5 hours a day since the update and I haven’t seen any survivors try to kill themselves on hook while the team is winning. Not once. I wonder if this issue is really just an exaggeration.

  • @Cleverotter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092752#Comment_3092752

    We aren’t talking about facecamping.

    as a killer main ######### them.

    we are talking about survivors that are clearly winning, but killers themselves to inflate kill rates. At 4 gens survivor isn’t winning

    That's not happening.

  • @Cleverotter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113626#Comment_3113626

    I do agree with killing themselves if they aren’t having fun, or the killer is being toxic. Go right ahead.

    My issue is with survivors that kill themselves on hook when they are winning, just to inflate kill rates.

    That is a false reality that only you believe exists.

  • I soloQ 100% of my games, I use Bond perk. I can see the players who are walking around wasting time. Even if we're winning I may still end up suiciding due to my teammates behavior. For example, I get hooked at 1gen remaining (first hook), im about to approach phase2 of hook, meanwhile a survivor has been in proximity, in basement, pulling items out of a chest. I said f it and just suicided because other survivors are across the map, its clear theyre not coming. Many such examples as this. I will say 90%+ of the time that I throw the match on hook, its due to my teammates, not the killer. I can deal with being camped if teammates are willing to risk it and save me

  • I saw only 2 people DC this week. I have no idea when this whole "DC/Suicide via hook" even started.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113632#Comment_3113632

    Every killer main says this, but I’ve been doing SoloQ around 4-5 hours a day since the update and I haven’t seen any survivors try to kill themselves on hook while the team is winning. Not once. I wonder if this issue is really just an exaggeration.

    Please note the date of this post.

  • Guys, situation right now changed, I don't see dc and suicides on hook as much as before.

    Survivors are clearly adapting and playing more efficient now.

    This post lost relevance. Relax.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    Hey.

    So recently I played like 6 matches as a killer (3 nurse, 2 hag and 1 sadako)... And from each of this match, I've had people DC, afk (giving up) after 3 gen pops. I suppouse soloq only. And I swear, it's getting so ridiculous.

    In some of this matches, they were ragequitting and afking even when I was actually losing, and I'm not kidding.

    It was a match with hag, the match for me was awful, maybe the worst possible scenario (who playing hag, knows...) the only thing why I won this match, it's coz 1 guy just DC'd after I (somehow) downed him.

    What is happening with survivors? What is the point of even getting into the match, if you know you're going to dc or ######### on hook?

    Are they hoping to get a "baby killer" to go against? Are they protesting the changes that way? If so, I don't think it's a smart way.

    I also looked up some Youtube vids to see how some survivors playing soloq, and they're mad. Don't get me wrong, they're mad on their teammates, ruining the game, killing themselves on hooks and denying to play.

    I looked up more, and I've seen more people just ragequitting in a 100% winnable match. The killer 100% will lose this match, and they still DC or K themselves on hooks...

    Dear survivors, what is going on? What are you exactly want to achieve like this?

    well 5 minutes ago ive played with ghostface.

    rage quited after dwight fly against me and blinded me with a flashlight and a lightbombs too..


    nothing can do with this, and ive got penalty. reported ofc

  • @Beatricks said:

    It's funny, because I was watching Otzdarva's video against the Nurse on Crotus Prenn where he said they were doing good, despite the fact that people were on death hook, multiple people down and still 3 gen. You thinking that the game is winnable doesn't mean your teammates agree. SoloQ is beyond miserable at this point so people just embrace the Go Next mentality if the odds are not in your favor. It sucks, but until the game is fun to play, this will be present.

    I think, you're on the right way.

    I tried to explain my point of view to another user:

    "https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104572/#Comment_3104572"

  • Getting out of an annoying match in hopes that the next match will be less annoying.

  • Some builds and killers are just anti-fun. Add to that toxic playstyles by some killers (camping, tunneling, etc.). Sometimes people just want to get out of that and move on to something more fun.

    For example, is there really anyone who has fun playing against Legion? Like there is literally nothing fun about mending repeatedly. It is like watching paint dry.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092728#Comment_3092728

    "so people just embrace the Go Next mentality if the odds are not in your favor."

    This is what I don't understand. Do these same people throw the chessboard across the room if the "odds are not in their favor"?

    Man used chess as an example LMFAOO. IN chess the other person can’t just take a pawn and then stop me from playing the rest of the game. In DBD you get downed once and facecamped you’re not gonna be able to play the game. You’re also reliant on yourself. You don’t have another person with you moving your chess pieces for you then losing the game beacuse of them. I get what you were trying to do but that was a horrible example.

    To have fun as survivor you either have to not care about anything or hope you get decent teammates with a fun killer that doesn’t tunnel or camp with a decent map that isint too busted like The Game but not completely horrendous like RPD or that one variant of Shelter Woods.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092883#Comment_3092883

    What do you mean? Patch was a full success, a part from the bugs and people throwing a tantrum. Player count increased since the patch was released.

    you dreaming?

  • @Grigerbest said:

    Hey.

    So recently I played like 6 matches as a killer (3 nurse, 2 hag and 1 sadako)... And from each of this match, I've had people DC, afk (giving up) after 3 gen pops. I suppouse soloq only. And I swear, it's getting so ridiculous.

    In some of this matches, they were ragequitting and afking even when I was actually losing, and I'm not kidding.

    It was a match with hag, the match for me was awful, maybe the worst possible scenario (who playing hag, knows...) the only thing why I won this match, it's coz 1 guy just DC'd after I (somehow) downed him.

    What is happening with survivors? What is the point of even getting into the match, if you know you're going to dc or ######### on hook?

    Are they hoping to get a "baby killer" to go against? Are they protesting the changes that way? If so, I don't think it's a smart way.

    I also looked up some Youtube vids to see how some survivors playing soloq, and they're mad. Don't get me wrong, they're mad on their teammates, ruining the game, killing themselves on hooks and denying to play.

    I looked up more, and I've seen more people just ragequitting in a 100% winnable match. The killer 100% will lose this match, and they still DC or K themselves on hooks...

    Dear survivors, what is going on? What are you exactly want to achieve like this?

    Not about adulterating killer rates.

    When we get hooked, 99% of killers camp.

    We cannot get rescued so we 'opt out' (especially if early on, as no gens are being done).


    If killers did not camp, then we would wait for a rescue and actually play.

    Camping = kills points; kills the game.

  • @IH8ThePatch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337307/what-do-survivors-want-to-achieve-by-dcing-afking-giving-up-in-matches

    Not about adulterating killer rates.

    When we get hooked, 99% of killers camp.

    We cannot get rescued so we 'opt out' (especially if early on, as no gens are being done).

    If killers did not camp, then we would wait for a rescue and actually play.

    Camping = kills points; kills the game.

    Camping does ruin the match for the hooked player, but.. Are you sure, this is the right way?

    The rest of the team could've actually escaped the match if you wouldn't have had such a selfish approach to the matter at hand and struggled until the very last second, you know?

    The only time I can accept killing yourself on hook as a normal behavior, not as a griefing behavior, is when every single survivor is in dying state (slugged), hooked, or in an attempt to give the last survivor alive that little chance of Hatch escape.


    People have been complaining about the behavior that you're promoting for years, yet, you're still at it? Just.. Yikes. I do hope, you don't live in Europe, I sure wouldn't wanna play with players with such a behavior, that they do give up whenever things aren't going their way; Getting bored or losing.. That's irrelevant, the result is still the same - Screwing the other three or less players over, sometimes even the killer, as it's really not fun to play as a killer when everybody just gives up early.. At that point, even playing with bots would've been better, as those don't give up and don't give the killer a guaranteed victory, although their looping skills are or were quite questionable the last time we've had an option to check them out (during tutorial).

1 2 3 4 ›