Stop Blaming DH

Note: This thread is not directed at killers who made meaningful arguments, you guys are nice to conversate with even if we don't always see eye to eye

Blah blah blah, we get it, DH was nerfed, not every survivor used the damn perk, stop using that as your one excuse. Because believe it or not, not every survivor and their dog used DH. Time and time again a see specific killers (you know who you are) saying survivors are only mad about DH, but they don't even read the post, they see the title and go "Yep, keep crying cuz your precious DH is gone, gg ez bozo!"

There are valid complaints from the survivor side and it mainly has to do with solo-queue, not even the actual nerfs survivors got. So please, thake the time to read their posts instead of jumping to conclusions, because guess what.

Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

Comments

  • @killer998 said:

    No one is saying the problem was solely dead hard and no not every survivor did use dead hard, but 80% of the survivor player base did. A whopping 80% used dead hard including me btw, and literally all my friends on dbd used dead hard. I've a friend who's an insane survivor and one of the biggest reasons he got away with so much BS in chase was, you guessed it, dead hard.

    Now he's still strong without dead hard, but when it was there he would take about 3-4 minutes every time to go down unless the killer either had him in a deadzone, or really messed him over. But he'd spend most chases laughing during the chase as to how the killer couldn't get him. This makes him sound like a terrible person, but he's not he just knew how to abuse dead hard to the max.

    Dead was not the sole issue, but Jesus was it a big one.

    Why you friend does not stream if he last always that long? I see even best stremers go down sometimes quickly .

  • @LDominating said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092120#Comment_3092120

    You're disrespectful,must be new or a bad liar in case you actually believe SC is GOOD and not a joke?

    If the loop becomes nearly useless when the killer uses their power,Artist,Blight & Oni curving then it's anti looping.

    Please,I know you are passionate about winning as the killer always,do try however to leave the discussion to experienced players,thank you,friend!

    Also if you read 10% of the text and comment is quite disrespectful,I read your entire post and recall everything but you can barrely recall mine and throw words in my mouth ON top of beign a disrespectful and condescending individual.

    Name has DOMINATING in it, Massive Survivor Bias, Extreme Killer Hatred. Yup, checks out. Just a wee bit angry your bully simulator was taken away are we?

  • @Mekochi said:

    Note: This thread is not directed at killers who made meaningful arguments, you guys are nice to conversate with even if we don't always see eye to eye

    Blah blah blah, we get it, DH was nerfed, not every survivor used the damn perk, stop using that as your one excuse. Because believe it or not, not every survivor and their dog used DH. Time and time again a see specific killers (you know who you are) saying survivors are only mad about DH, but they don't even read the post, they see the title and go "Yep, keep crying cuz your precious DH is gone, gg ez bozo!"

    There are valid complaints from the survivor side and it mainly has to do with solo-queue, not even the actual nerfs survivors got. So please, thake the time to read their posts instead of jumping to conclusions, because guess what.

    Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

    Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

    Yeah, but those that didn't quite often relied on teammates using them. Dead Hard gave bad survivors the chance to ridiculously extend chases so that even those who didn't indirectly benefited from it since the time the killer was wasting chasing somebody who just gained 20 or 30 seconds on the back of a disgustingly broken perk was time they were free to do gens unmolested. To say nothing of the fact that DH was so widespread that killers defaulted on waiting DH even when the survivor in question wasn't running it.

    Now all of that is gone and bad survivors have to actually get good or fall to their real mmr bracket, and the fact is, while that mmr adjustment is happening, the people who were good and actually never relied on DH themselves will still have to deal with games being lose because the "press E for a free escape" buffoons are getting killed at 4 gens left.

    Just give time some time and the people who used DH will fall to the subterranean mmr that they belong, and the only people left will be the people who were genuinely good at the game.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092770#Comment_3092770

    I was responding to this mentality from the OP; ""Yep, keep crying cuz your precious DH is gone, gg ez bozo!""

    Survivors waiting at the gate to click and taunt are equally dumb.

    Real quick just popping in to comment, obviously I don't think this is the killer mentality, I was over exaggerating, it was just a comment on how some of the killers are thinking that DH was the only perk survivors were upset about, or if there was a thread that didn't even have to do with the perk, it clearly had "undertones" they were secretly seething with rage that dead hard was gone.

    Also, don't worry I know for a fact that survivors can be just as bad, I used to be one of those survivors when I first started playing the game, but I've matured since then and I am no longer one of those people who think there are God at the game because they can teabag.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092720#Comment_3092720

    Name has DOMINATING in it, Massive Survivor Bias, Extreme Killer Hatred. Yup, checks out. Just a wee bit angry your bully simulator was taken away are we?

    Very angry because I was the one getting bullied all this time as a survivor :))

    Never ever I have bullied someone that didn't wrong me,I'm not that type of guy.

    But when my 7-10 games as survivors are 4 deaths and 1-3 generators left,sometimes 5 and 4(yea u guessed it Blight and Nurse)I do tend to ge frustrated..

    Tell me what am I supposed to do?

    I can't loop properly because I can't either chain and staying on a single pallet has been PROVEN to be stupid and counterproductive.

    The stealth mechanics and perks are a joke..the only good ones are healing and second chance perks.



    SC was 46 seconds to heal with Sloppy Butcher,it is 32 seconds without it,now IDK how much 15% is but is probably more than 32 and could be 50 seconds!

    In 50 seconds is a good long chase and 60% of a generator for 1 bar of heal..which you'll lose in 5 seconds after healing :))...

    You're so dumb to think SC is OK,really dumb,or trolling...probably trolling.

    Ask anyone else,actually make a thread and see for yourself.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336997/stop-blaming-dh

    Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

    Yeah, but those that didn't quite often relied on teammates using them. Dead Hard gave bad survivors the chance to ridiculously extend chases so that even those who didn't indirectly benefited from it since the time the killer was wasting chasing somebody who just gained 20 or 30 seconds on the back of a disgustingly broken perk was time they were free to do gens unmolested. To say nothing of the fact that DH was so widespread that killers defaulted on waiting DH even when the survivor in question wasn't running it.

    Now all of that is gone and bad survivors have to actually get good or fall to their real mmr bracket, and the fact is, while that mmr adjustment is happening, the people who were good and actually never relied on DH themselves will still have to deal with games being lose because the "press E for a free escape" buffoons are getting killed at 4 gens left.

    Just give time some time and the people who used DH will fall to the subterranean mmr that they belong, and the only people left will be the people who were genuinely good at the game.

    Okay, we aren't trying to insult people, I was merely pointing out the simple fact of a group of killers saying the same thing we already know, and it gets annoying seeing it every other thread even if the original thread had nothing to do with the god forsaken perk.

    Trust me, I know DH was busted, but because I was in mid-mmr before the mass perk rework I didn't see dead heart as often as you would see in high mmr, what's the developers have already confirmed only a small percentage of people are in the higher ranks, 75% in high mmr used the perk, around 45% in mid, and I believe 17% for lower.

    So I saw my teammates running the perk in less than half my games. I did not rely on my teammates are in the park because they barely did, I have seen plenty of people make it just fine and chases. But to call people "buffoons" for running a perk, than damn, you need to cool it.

    Not only that, I never played with a full group of survival friends, and I believe it's more common in full squads for the people to run the perk, not really solo-queue.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    No worries, in my games at least people are remembering how good sprint burst was, I am running vigil + sprint sb myself, soon the entitled killer mains will blame their lack of skill on this perk now

    SB doesn't ignore a health state you should've gotten, SB doesn't make it possible to unhook someone, yeet through the killers arms, and make a clear get away, literally 90% of killers are completely fine seeing SB instead of DH

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089182#Comment_3089182

    SB doesn't ignore a health state you should've gotten, SB doesn't make it possible to unhook someone, yeet through the killers arms, and make a clear get away, literally 90% of killers are completely fine seeing SB instead of DH

    Surprising enough, I actually already saw one thread that was wanting to nerf SB, but people with their head on their shoulder actually explained how the perk takes skill to use, not "press x/a/e to win"

  • @Juicyman said:

    Most reasonable people are aware there are plenty of issues with solo-q and that this patch made them worse (by how much by is up for debate but we can agree it's worse in some capacity), however a big part of this will simply be because of the dead hard change. If 3/4 survivors were using it (as statistically shown), and you claim you never used it therefore "why are my games worse if I didn't change my build" you're forgetting the possibility that the other 3 survivors in your lobby may have crutched on dead hard.

    Even if you didn't use dead hard you still benefitted from it statistically in your solo-q games because of your teammates being able to use it (if you were the one not running it). Now that they can't use it to extend their chases you no longer benefit from dead hard as well. Taking this into account the devs have also said they wanted kill rates to rise so killers got a basekit buff as well, meaning it's no wonder your games are being mangled if the other survivors are completely lost without their perk (also, just so I don't have to specify later, we both know not all 3 of the other survivors continuously crutched onto the perk but I'm sure we can agree MANY of them did).

    There are issues that need to be addressed even after this patch (incentives not to tunnel/camp etc), but a lot of the immediate results we are seeing are most likely because of the cause and effect of dead hard being neutered. Ultimately, even if you didn't use dead hard, you still statistically benefitted from it in your games before the nerf and those that did use it need time to adapt. After-all we're seeing plenty of decent survivor streamers doing work without dead hard because they are good at their role.

    I'm part of the third that didn't use DH, but I also don't let getting hooked or sacrificed ruin my experience....however the problem is, why were so many players using dead hard? Why did so many people feel that a perk that gave you extra distance and health was so necessary when compared to all the rest available?

    BHVR don't seem to have asked themselves this question (and anyone who says to bully the killer is fooling themselves) or if they did, they didnt spend any serious amount of time trying to answer it because nerfing it to appeal to the killer fanbase was easier. But I believe its going to firmly bite them on the arse.


    As a result, this, along with other changes, has undoubtedly been the most poorly conceived and implemented change in a long time and has completely unbalanced the game; you can argue it was unbalanced before - I don't have enough experience of killer to comment but the answer shouldn't be to unbalanced it the other way.


    Someone mentioned that BHVR need to create a solution to 'the tunelling and camping epidemic' and you mention that something needs to be done to incentivise not doing this...yet the biggest irony of all of this is that entire change WAS the solution/incentive to not camping, tunnel and slug, yet its been arguably more of a persistent problem since the update (certainly I've noticed it more as someone who always defended it was never as big an issue as soke survivors made out) because its been made easier, more accessible and even more impact full. This just goes to show DH wasn't the reason killers did this. They did it because it was easy. Now that it's even easier they're still doing it.

    All this change has done is create more hard questions BHVR desperately need to ask themselves about the reasoning behind the state of their game and never will.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093744#Comment_3093744

    Surprising enough, I actually already saw one thread that was wanting to nerf SB, but people with their head on their shoulder actually explained how the perk takes skill to use, not "press x/a/e to win"

    It's not that surprising honestly, people will always complain, and then there's always those people who will say "SEE SEE, THEY'RE COMPLAINING, I KNEW THEY WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS" and it's like... just be quite please, lol

  • @Mekochi said:

    Note: This thread is not directed at killers who made meaningful arguments, you guys are nice to conversate with even if we don't always see eye to eye

    Blah blah blah, we get it, DH was nerfed, not every survivor used the damn perk, stop using that as your one excuse. Because believe it or not, not every survivor and their dog used DH. Time and time again a see specific killers (you know who you are) saying survivors are only mad about DH, but they don't even read the post, they see the title and go "Yep, keep crying cuz your precious DH is gone, gg ez bozo!"

    There are valid complaints from the survivor side and it mainly has to do with solo-queue, not even the actual nerfs survivors got. So please, thake the time to read their posts instead of jumping to conclusions, because guess what.

    Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

    Didnt it have like a 70% use rate? Imo everyone and their dog fits that.

    But agreed, people rarely take the other side seriously. Its toxic, childish and accomplishes nothing.

  • @NeptuneDerp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336997/stop-blaming-dh

    Didnt it have like a 70% use rate? Imo everyone and their dog fits that.

    But agreed, people rarely take the other side seriously. Its toxic, childish and accomplishes nothing.

    70% use rate in HIGH mmr, and the developers already confirmed that only a small percentage of people were actually in high mmr, it had a 45% usage in mid mmr, and I believe 17% in low mmr

  • @Mekochi said:

    Note: This thread is not directed at killers who made meaningful arguments, you guys are nice to conversate with even if we don't always see eye to eye

    Blah blah blah, we get it, DH was nerfed, not every survivor used the damn perk, stop using that as your one excuse. Because believe it or not, not every survivor and their dog used DH. Time and time again a see specific killers (you know who you are) saying survivors are only mad about DH, but they don't even read the post, they see the title and go "Yep, keep crying cuz your precious DH is gone, gg ez bozo!"

    There are valid complaints from the survivor side and it mainly has to do with solo-queue, not even the actual nerfs survivors got. So please, thake the time to read their posts instead of jumping to conclusions, because guess what.

    Everyone knows Dead Hard was nerfed. But guess what? Quite a few people didn't use the god forsaken perk.

    Okay bully (wink, wink)

  • What if theyre actually bashing DH bc David is gay now?

  • dishonor on your whole family, dishonor on you, and dishonor on your cow

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    What if theyre actually bashing DH bc David is gay now?

    then death to them, there is no other option

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093995#Comment_3093995

    dishonor on your whole family, dishonor on you, and dishonor on your cow

    Leave my cow out of this.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093746#Comment_3093746

    It's not that surprising honestly, people will always complain, and then there's always those people who will say "SEE SEE, THEY'RE COMPLAINING, I KNEW THEY WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS" and it's like... just be quite please, lol

    Trust me, I see it from both sides it's like, just shut. Let me rest and then you can keep it up later, but right now, shut.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    No worries, in my games at least people are remembering how good sprint burst was, I am running vigil + sprint sb myself, soon the entitled killer mains will blame their lack of skill on this perk now

    They're always going to have a crutch to lean on LOL. Its always this perk or that perk, there shouldn't be god pallets they're too op, its BS pallets don't get blocked by the entity like windows (like... break the damn thing GEEZ), 99'ing the exit gates is too OP, even though blood lust got a buff losing it by breaking a pallet is also "busted," something extremely situational like heal teching is apparently this HUGE "exploit" ect, ect, ect LOL. Anything that a survivor can use, its broken. Let's get rid of windows while we're at it XD

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093228#Comment_3093228

    Okay, we aren't trying to insult people, I was merely pointing out the simple fact of a group of killers saying the same thing we already know, and it gets annoying seeing it every other thread even if the original thread had nothing to do with the god forsaken perk.

    Trust me, I know DH was busted, but because I was in mid-mmr before the mass perk rework I didn't see dead heart as often as you would see in high mmr, what's the developers have already confirmed only a small percentage of people are in the higher ranks, 75% in high mmr used the perk, around 45% in mid, and I believe 17% for lower.

    So I saw my teammates running the perk in less than half my games. I did not rely on my teammates are in the park because they barely did, I have seen plenty of people make it just fine and chases. But to call people "buffoons" for running a perk, than damn, you need to cool it.

    Not only that, I never played with a full group of survival friends, and I believe it's more common in full squads for the people to run the perk, not really solo-queue.

    I wasn't trying to insult anybody either, just saying that a lot of the losses everyone is experience right now comes directly from the people boosted by DH falling to their actual mmr and unfortunately bringing others along with them. In a few weeks I predict that everyone who relied on DH for their wins will be already stabilized at their home mmr and the people who actually knows how to play will recover from the this loss streak and climb out of the ditch.

    We just need to have some patience and let the pieces fall into their proper places now.

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093156#Comment_3093156

    Real quick just popping in to comment, obviously I don't think this is the killer mentality, I was over exaggerating, it was just a comment on how some of the killers are thinking that DH was the only perk survivors were upset about, or if there was a thread that didn't even have to do with the perk, it clearly had "undertones" they were secretly seething with rage that dead hard was gone.

    Also, don't worry I know for a fact that survivors can be just as bad, I used to be one of those survivors when I first started playing the game, but I've matured since then and I am no longer one of those people who think there are God at the game because they can teabag.

    Everyone with a baseline level of intelligence knows that there are poor actors on both sides. However, I've personally seen like, a zillion comments, even profile blurbs on "Cry moar entitled survivors now your Dead hard crutch is gone AND i SHALL SEEK MY REVENGE".

    " But I never ran DH".

    "Liiieeesssssssss".

    It's not "Killer mentality", it's jackass mentality. One held by immature jackasses. Same with survivors who are in some kind of SWF on comms and taunt the Killer in post-match chat; "Hurrrr GG EZ lulz".

    Jackasses.

    Idk, I feel like we shouldn't have to preface every thread with a huge disclaimer "I know this isn't *all ___________***", but I've always has too much faith in others.... lol.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093723#Comment_3093723

    Everyone with a baseline level of intelligence knows that there are poor actors on both sides. However, I've personally seen like, a zillion comments, even profile blurbs on "Cry moar entitled survivors now your Dead hard crutch is gone AND i SHALL SEEK MY REVENGE".

    " But I never ran DH".

    "Liiieeesssssssss".

    It's not "Killer mentality", it's jackass mentality. One held by immature jackasses. Same with survivors who are in some kind of SWF on comms and taunt the Killer in post-match chat; "Hurrrr GG EZ lulz".

    Jackasses.

    Idk, I feel like we shouldn't have to preface every thread with a huge disclaimer "I know this isn't *all ___________***", but I've always has too much faith in others.... lol.

    Yeah, I get that, but there are going to be the people who instantly group all people together which I feel is the reason why other people need to clarify that they don't mean everyone on that side. Ya know?

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094711#Comment_3094711

    Yeah, I get that, but there are going to be the people who instantly group all people together which I feel is the reason why other people need to clarify that they don't mean everyone on that side. Ya know?

    On this forum, definitely

1 2 ›