Thana won't be staying like this long, sadly

I just had a legion game where an extremely obvious bully swf just simply gave up partway into the match because they simply didn't want to play with the gen speeds I had forced them to. I was running thana, thrilling tremors, surveillance, and oppression. They finished one gen but it was obviously going to require too much of a time investment for them to continue the game, and they weren't going to get the satisfaction of stomping on a killer, so they just simply locker-hopped to annoy me until I finally hooked them all.

These are the kind of survivors that are going to be very vocal about how the balance in this patch is too killer-sided. So enjoy your slowdown builds while they last, I can't imagine bhvr not listening to the bully swf people who want to be able to feel invincible again.

Comments

  • 2% more does so little there is no reason to complain about, it's only strong on 2-3 killers.

  • @BlazePyron2 said:

    I just had a legion game where an extremely obvious bully swf just simply gave up partway into the match because they simply didn't want to play with the gen speeds I had forced them to. I was running thana, thrilling tremors, surveillance, and oppression. They finished one gen but it was obviously going to require too much of a time investment for them to continue the game, and they weren't going to get the satisfaction of stomping on a killer, so they just simply locker-hopped to annoy me until I finally hooked them all.

    These are the kind of survivors that are going to be very vocal about how the balance in this patch is too killer-sided. So enjoy your slowdown builds while they last, I can't imagine bhvr not listening to the bully swf people who want to be able to feel invincible again.

    Well, from my experience I can say that the survs I have faced as legion never gave up, and I was running Thanatophobia, dying light, call of brine and gift of pain. Some even were swf groups. Now, as I play on PS4, I could not see if they were complaining. You just were unlucky to find the typical immature bully squad that starts crying if they do not feel empowered. Don't worry about it, they will most likely be ignored.

  • @VcatoV86 said:

    Developers have been listening almost exclusively to killers. For years.

    Don't believe me?

    1.) "Maps are too dark. I can't find Blendette!" Maps were redesigned and brightened.

    2.) "Loops are too hard! They are godloops!" Almost* (all?) godloops were erased. Most decent loops were taken out as well.

    3.) "Gens pop too quickly! I can't do anything!" Gen time was increased.

    4.) "Hooks are too far apart! Survivors are abusing this!" Hooks were brought closer together.

    5.) "Deadhard is too much! They get 2 seconds extra time in a chase/miss my hit (even though they gained exhaustion)!" DH was nerfed.

    6.) "Decisive strike is not fair! If they are down, I deserve to get a hook!" DS was nerfed.

    7.) "Flaslights are too OP! I can't play against them!" Flashlights were adjusted/overhauled.

    8.) "Keys and hatches are not fair! I deserve to kill everyone!" Keys and hatch were nerfed.

    Now before you say: "Well, killers were a little underwhelming and SWF was too strong"--I agreed! But gain some perspective on just how much the devs always, for years, have catered to the killers.

    Complaining about forever Legion is the least of your concerns.

    If they listened only to killers, they would have nerfed the Circle of Healing + Bottany Knowledge combo, and wouldn't have made Off The Record such a strong perk.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080205#Comment_3080205

    Way to cherry pick

    1.) "Maps are too dark. I can't find Blendette!" Maps were redesigned and brightened. 

    The only map that I can think of which was “brightened” was the lower level of The Game, and frankly that level was way too dark. I literally couldn’t even see where I was going in large parts of that level, running into walls because it’s too dark is ridiculous.

    And if you think there aren’t dark places in maps, maybe go check out the house in the newest Garden of Joy map. There are parts of that house where it’s so dark you can’t see the walls, it’s almost as bad as the old Game lower level in those sections.

    2.) "Loops are too hard! They are godloops!" Almost* (all?) godloops were erased. Most decent loops were taken out as well. 

    Are you actually saying you think taking out infinite loops is a bad idea? Not to mention, in what world are “most decent loops” not still in the game? Virtually all the maps have sections with strong loops, what map are you thinking of that doesn’t have them?

    3.) "Gens pop too quickly! I can't do anything!" Gen time was increased.

    That’s true, they increased gen times. They also in the same patch buffed survivors in various ways. It’s not like his midchapter patch only buffed things on the killer side, even though the net result was an overall killer buff (which they said was intentional because of apparently lower kill rates than they are looking for.)

    4.) "Hooks are too far apart! Survivors are abusing this!" Hooks were brought closer together. 

    I’ll take your word on hooks being brought closer together, I don’t remember that change. I do remember issues with Boil Over being exploited when they buffed that perk and they had to scale back the buff a bit. (Which, by the way, was a decent survivor perk buff, again an example of them buffing something on that side of the fence.)

    5.) "Deadhard is too much! They get 2 seconds extra time in a chase/miss my hit (even though they gained exhaustion)!" DH was nerfed.

    Dead Hard was probably the most overpowered survivor perk in the game, there’s a reason literally 70% of above average survivors were using it. It deserved a nerf, no question

    6.) "Decisive strike is not fair! If they are down, I deserve to get a hook!" DS was nerfed. 

    They nerfed Decisive Strike because it was too popular and too good in the endgame. Personally I think they overnerfed its stun duration, it should probably be 4 seconds instead of 3, but I get why it was nerfed.

    7.) "Flaslights are too OP! I can't play against them!" Flashlights were adjusted/overhauled. 

    I don’t remember flashlights getting a nerf. Heck, in fact they most recently got a bit of a buff in the form of Haddie’s new perk that inflicts Blindness on the killer when you flash blind them (by any means, doesn’t have to be a flashlight).

    8.) "Keys and hatches are not fair! I deserve to kill everyone!" Keys and hatch were nerfed.

    And that change happened simultaneously with Moris getting overhauled and significantly nerfed as well. (Prior to that patch Red and Green moris let you kill a survivor after only one hook.)

    Long story short the devs make changes all the time on both sides. They don’t “just listen to killers”.

    And that change happened simultaneously with Moris getting overhauled and significantly nerfed as well. (Prior to that patch Red and Green moris let you kill a survivor after only one hook.)

    Small correction, they did not happen simultaneous. The Mori change happened in patch 4.4.1, which was released December 8 2020. While the key/hatch change was in patch 5.3.0, which was released on October 19 2021.

    It took them almost a year for them to get to balancing the key/hatch with the mori change.

  • @Sabraiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087120#Comment_3087120

    And that change happened simultaneously with Moris getting overhauled and significantly nerfed as well. (Prior to that patch Red and Green moris let you kill a survivor after only one hook.)

    Small correction, they did not happen simultaneous. The Mori change happened in patch 4.4.1, which was released December 8 2020. While the key/hatch change was in patch 5.3.0, which was released on October 19 2021.

    It took them almost a year for them to get to balancing the key/hatch with the mori change.

    I stand corrected, I remembered they announced both were undergoing changes at the same time but I forgot one took longer to implement than the other. (Probably because the key/hatch change was more fundamental than just changing a single parameter like the mori changes were.)

  • @VcatoV86 said:

    Developers have been listening almost exclusively to killers. For years.

    Don't believe me?

    1.) "Maps are too dark. I can't find Blendette!" Maps were redesigned and brightened.

    2.) "Loops are too hard! They are godloops!" Almost* (all?) godloops were erased. Most decent loops were taken out as well.

    3.) "Gens pop too quickly! I can't do anything!" Gen time was increased.

    4.) "Hooks are too far apart! Survivors are abusing this!" Hooks were brought closer together.

    5.) "Deadhard is too much! They get 2 seconds extra time in a chase/miss my hit (even though they gained exhaustion)!" DH was nerfed.

    6.) "Decisive strike is not fair! If they are down, I deserve to get a hook!" DS was nerfed.

    7.) "Flaslights are too OP! I can't play against them!" Flashlights were adjusted/overhauled.

    8.) "Keys and hatches are not fair! I deserve to kill everyone!" Keys and hatch were nerfed.

    Now before you say: "Well, killers were a little underwhelming and SWF was too strong"--I agreed! But gain some perspective on just how much the devs always, for years, have catered to the killers.

    Complaining about forever Legion is the least of your concerns.

    Your hyperbole defeats your whole argument here. A lot of those nerfs happened because survivors were abusing them.

    The hook changes for instance were due to survivors running to parts of the map where it was impossible to hook them.

    DH didn't only give "2 seconds" longer in chases and you know that.

    Infinite loops made it impossible for a killer to even get a hit so survivors would bring offerings for those maps and run straight to the infinite every chase.

    Keys let survivors fail their objective but still get a 3-man escape.

    Flashlights gave an insta-blind so the survivor didn't even have to time the save right to make it work.

    Gen speeds were/are a problem when survivors can bring Prove Thyself, Toolboxes, and BNP's and pop 2 gens at the start of the match before the killer can even cross the map to get there.

    And you're ignoring all of the killer nerfs that have happened. Nurse was nerfed, Spirit was nerfed twice, Deathslinger was nerfed. Pyramid Head was nerfed, Freddy was nerfed multiple times, Cenobite was nerfed, Wraith was nerfed, a lot of killer add-ons were nerfed, Ruin has been nerfed twice, Pop was nerfed twice, SH:PR was nerfed, Undying was nerfed, even Huntress' Lullaby was nerfed.

    The build the OP described was nothing. Easily countered in every way. Thana can be avoided by healing or just worked through because at max it only adds something like 19 seconds to a generator if only 1 person is working on it, Thrilling Tremors doesn't block a gen if you're actively working on it and even if you let go it's only up for a few seconds. Oppression is so weak almost no one runs it. You get a difficult skill check if you happen to be working on one of the random gens it selects or it causes 3 gens to regress at 4 times longer than it takes a solo survivor to repair it and gen tapping will stop it entirely.

  • @BlazePyron2 said:

    I just had a legion game where an extremely obvious bully swf just simply gave up partway into the match because they simply didn't want to play with the gen speeds I had forced them to. I was running thana, thrilling tremors, surveillance, and oppression. They finished one gen but it was obviously going to require too much of a time investment for them to continue the game, and they weren't going to get the satisfaction of stomping on a killer, so they just simply locker-hopped to annoy me until I finally hooked them all.

    These are the kind of survivors that are going to be very vocal about how the balance in this patch is too killer-sided. So enjoy your slowdown builds while they last, I can't imagine bhvr not listening to the bully swf people who want to be able to feel invincible again.

    The survivors who are actually good at the game will eventually learn to loop without Dead Hard and use strategies that work in the new meta. Bad ones will either adapt or leave.

    Kill rates will go back down once survivors figure out how to deal with some of the changes. They're used to getting an extra 20 seconds every chase, but since click E to safety to erase mistakes no longer works, they're stuck trying to figure out how to use other exhaustion perks effectively (mostly bad ones like Sprint Burst) and deal with gen speeds.

    Their MMR might go down some. Killer MMR might go up. And then things will balance out as survivors relearn how to play the game, which is basically what they need to do since they have an extra 10 seconds on gens and no free escape perk for every chase.

  • @BlazePyron2 said:

    I just had a legion game where an extremely obvious bully swf just simply gave up partway into the match because they simply didn't want to play with the gen speeds I had forced them to. I was running thana, thrilling tremors, surveillance, and oppression. They finished one gen but it was obviously going to require too much of a time investment for them to continue the game, and they weren't going to get the satisfaction of stomping on a killer, so they just simply locker-hopped to annoy me until I finally hooked them all.

    These are the kind of survivors that are going to be very vocal about how the balance in this patch is too killer-sided. So enjoy your slowdown builds while they last, I can't imagine bhvr not listening to the bully swf people who want to be able to feel invincible again.

    This post has to be bait. If this isn't bait, I urge you to seek help.

    The entire reason BHVR added 50 seconds to the main objective was so that killers could use fewer slowdown perks and mix things up.

    The "bully SWF people" aren't going to ruin your slowdown perks, killers will ruin the perks by overusing them.

    Legion has 2 built-in slowdown components to his power, mending and healing. Healing a survivor without a medkit takes 16 seconds without a medkit. However, before survivors heal, if you have tagged them during Feral Frenzy an additional 8 second mend action must be completed first. So without any perks or add-on, you can add 24 seconds of healing action to any survivor you tag. You can also tag multiple survivors with Feral Frenzy potentially stacking up to 96 seconds of recovery actions for the survivors if you tag all 4 survivors (and let them "reset"). That's 1 minutes, 36 seconds!

    Now technically survivors in the past have had the option of simply skipping the healing actions and rushing generators. However, with the additional 50 seconds it is far too risky to attempt repairs while injured as you now have enough time to ideally win 1 or 2 chases without effort and then hook survivors to slow down the game.

    All of this is to say, if you're telling me that the objective being extended 50 seconds, in addition to having a power to add potentially an extra minute and a half to the game at will doesn't give you enough time to catch survivors, and that you require the objectives to take an additional minute and half (with max thana value) to complete simply is the amount of time you need to get all of your kills I urge you to seek help.

    Watch Otz, watch Farmer John, watch somebody and learn more about Legion and general looping/chase mind games. You shouldn't need 180 extra seconds every match to catch everyone.

  • @BlazePyron2 said:

    I just had a legion game where an extremely obvious bully swf just simply gave up partway into the match because they simply didn't want to play with the gen speeds I had forced them to. I was running thana, thrilling tremors, surveillance, and oppression. They finished one gen but it was obviously going to require too much of a time investment for them to continue the game, and they weren't going to get the satisfaction of stomping on a killer, so they just simply locker-hopped to annoy me until I finally hooked them all.

    These are the kind of survivors that are going to be very vocal about how the balance in this patch is too killer-sided. So enjoy your slowdown builds while they last, I can't imagine bhvr not listening to the bully swf people who want to be able to feel invincible again.

    No I don't think that's how they operate just cause of bully swf... Their kind already Ruined Overcharge and now it's trash. They will never be happy and always whine. Don't worry so soon. It's not that bad, just continue running those builds and have fun.

  • @Neyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087183#Comment_3087183

    The percentage is missing the effects of the patch as a whole.

    Before the patch, an 80 second gen with 4 stacks of Thana took 96 seconds to complete.

    After the patch, a now 90 second gen with 4 stacks of Thana takes 115 seconds to complete.

    So, with all of the combined changes in the patch, this scenario takes an extra 19 seconds per gen. That's the part people notice and complain about.

    Not to mention, Thana used to be more of a niche perk, but now everyone and their mom runs it.

    The "effects of the patch as a whole" is there regardless of whether or not you take Thana. The main point of this thread was that Thana shouldn't have gotten buffed. My point was that the buff equates to a very small portion of your total gen repair time, even at max stacks, and that for that reason I don't care if it does get reverted because it makes no difference to me, and I don't understand why people are inflating the actual effects of it.

    I'm a killer main (which I'm sure most already guessed), but I also run solo survivor at least once a play session, and while the new gen times are definitely felt, I'm not railing on Thana or any other perk because of it. If you really hate Thana that much, there are plenty of counters for it.

  • I was just thinking of surveillance too on legion, but with the overcharge variety.

    And instead of oppression (good choice) overcharge.

    Thanks for the tip 👍

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336195/thana-wont-be-staying-like-this-long-sadly

    Well I mean, maybe the problem isn't thana, but the fact that you were using 3 (2.5) slowdowns? They slowed gens down for killers so you don't do that

    No, they slowed down gens so killers didn't HAVE to do that. Now they have a choice on how to build. There's nothing wrong with a killer choosing to play a longer game and it's usually a better strategy.

  • @Llokki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081502#Comment_3081502

    Uh, what?? Where on earth are you getting your numbers from?

    Old Thana and old gens: 80s + 20% at four injured survivors = 16 extra seconds per gen.

    New Thana and new gens: 90s + 22% at four injured survivors = 19.8 extra seconds per gen.

    Difference is 3.8 seconds taking both into account. 3.8 seconds assuming worst case scenario. This is what people are up in arms about...

    for the math impaired.


    Old Gens & Old Thana > 80 seconds x 1.2 = 96 seconds

    New Gens & New Thana > 90 seconds *1.22 = 109.8 seconds

    109.8 - 96 = 13.8 seconds


    Did that explain the difference in what I said sufficiently?

  • I mean, killers already convinced the devs that 4-men swf, which are about 5-6% of the survivor playerbase, are the all-powerful enemies and that nerfing them is worth making more than 50% of the survivor playerbase suffer.

    I don't think the devs are going to take that 5% of survivor's opinion into account, considering they already don't listen to the 50+% soloQ players.

    If thana is nerfed, it's gonna be because it's unfun for most of the survivors, not just for 5% of them.

    So Thana seems quite safe to me.

  • @cburton311 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087069#Comment_3087069

    for the math impaired.

    Old Gens & Old Thana > 80 seconds x 1.2 = 96 seconds

    New Gens & New Thana > 90 seconds *1.22 = 109.8 seconds

    109.8 - 96 = 13.8 seconds

    Did that explain the difference in what I said sufficiently?

    Dude, read all my posts. I already admitted my mistake and apologised.

    Also, someone else already pointed out that it is 20/22% removed from the gen repair speed, not 20/22% added to the gen repair time, so those numbers aren’t accurate.

  • survivors are in desperate need of more fun options in gameplay. the devs are pushing for gen simulation with the latest patch. and the game has been going downhill since years. There is nothing fun anymore for the survivor to play the game. Especially now the killer has so many tools to shorten your stay in the game (i hear you solo survivor). DO SOMETHING DEVS, cause i will tell you if you don't, you can start thinking of making DBD 2.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It sounds like they just didn’t want to play that slog of a game. How can you even tell they’re a bully swf?

    This just reeks of you wanting to subject players to what you already know isn’t going to be fun then getting upset when they aren’t playing along.

    How can you take the survivors' side in this? Is it now okay to DC or give up because the mean killer used a certain build?

  • @VcatoV86 said:

    Developers have been listening almost exclusively to killers. For years.

    Don't believe me?

    1.) "Maps are too dark. I can't find Blendette!" Maps were redesigned and brightened.

    2.) "Loops are too hard! They are godloops!" Almost* (all?) godloops were erased. Most decent loops were taken out as well.

    3.) "Gens pop too quickly! I can't do anything!" Gen time was increased.

    4.) "Hooks are too far apart! Survivors are abusing this!" Hooks were brought closer together.

    5.) "Deadhard is too much! They get 2 seconds extra time in a chase/miss my hit (even though they gained exhaustion)!" DH was nerfed.

    6.) "Decisive strike is not fair! If they are down, I deserve to get a hook!" DS was nerfed.

    7.) "Flaslights are too OP! I can't play against them!" Flashlights were adjusted/overhauled.

    8.) "Keys and hatches are not fair! I deserve to kill everyone!" Keys and hatch were nerfed.

    Now before you say: "Well, killers were a little underwhelming and SWF was too strong"--I agreed! But gain some perspective on just how much the devs always, for years, have catered to the killers.

    Complaining about forever Legion is the least of your concerns.

    1) Maps were took dark

    2) There are still plenty of god loops, especially in the newer maps where there's just a hallway and a pallet that you must break.

    3) Only recently, and against SWF kill squads that has always been true, the kill speed to chase ratio coupled with dead hard meant the survivor could literally hold "w" and you would lose 3 gens even if they didn't use a single loop or pallet.

    4) I don't remember this ever being a thing, i think it was more the "hook distance offering" was changed to not stack, which again with SWF kill squads made it literally impossible to hook.

    5) Dead hard did not give you 2 extra seconds, it was a 3rd health state when survivors used it for distance.

    6) OG DS was super OP, remember when killers had to juggle? I was happy with the version we had previously where it was a 5 second stun but deactivated when doing stuff or in endgame, but to be fair it was only ever made 5 seconds back when enduring worked on it.

    7) I don't think flashlights have really been reworked, unless you mean the super old ones like when mcote played as hag against that korean team years ago and they bullied him hard with flashlights. You can't tell me that was fair...

    8) Hatch has always been fine, keys were the problem because survivors could basically get free escape and it would shorten the end of the game. I could say the same thing about moris, which were reworked first. But i'll tell you what, you can have keys and hatch back if we get OG moris back.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080199#Comment_3080199

    How can you take the survivors' side in this? Is it now okay to DC or give up because the mean killer used a certain build?

    At some point, I'd say yes, it is. A survivor quitting because the killer is using a forever build isn't that different from the killer quitting because the survivors are playing a forever game (such as sabo-oak-Exponential-Boil Over RPD, No Mither Soul Guard Breakdown shenanigans, a full team abusing double locker saves with Built To Last, or just any old bully squad that completely outmatches the killer and refuses to end the game.) At some point, it's obvious the other side is trolling you and there is zero potential for fun in the match by a near-universal definition of the word, win or lose. Do I condone DCs? No. Do I understand people dying early, giving up, or going into a corner and refusing to play? Absolutely.

    Granted, I think the OP's build could have been worse, but I've played a few Thana Legions and it's about as enjoyable as deepthroating barbed wire. I don't give up for the sake of my teammates, but if the whole party agrees that they want to go next, that's one of the most valid reasons to ######### on hook that I've ever seen.

    Edit: I should add that the lynchpin isn't "I'm not having fun in this match", it's "this match will take ages to complete on its own, to the point where it could be considered soft hostage taking."

  • @VcatoV86 said:

    Developers have been listening almost exclusively to killers. For years.

    Don't believe me?

    1.) "Maps are too dark. I can't find Blendette!" Maps were redesigned and brightened.

    2.) "Loops are too hard! They are godloops!" Almost* (all?) godloops were erased. Most decent loops were taken out as well.

    3.) "Gens pop too quickly! I can't do anything!" Gen time was increased.

    4.) "Hooks are too far apart! Survivors are abusing this!" Hooks were brought closer together.

    5.) "Deadhard is too much! They get 2 seconds extra time in a chase/miss my hit (even though they gained exhaustion)!" DH was nerfed.

    6.) "Decisive strike is not fair! If they are down, I deserve to get a hook!" DS was nerfed.

    7.) "Flaslights are too OP! I can't play against them!" Flashlights were adjusted/overhauled.

    8.) "Keys and hatches are not fair! I deserve to kill everyone!" Keys and hatch were nerfed.

    Now before you say: "Well, killers were a little underwhelming and SWF was too strong"--I agreed! But gain some perspective on just how much the devs always, for years, have catered to the killers.

    Complaining about forever Legion is the least of your concerns.

    All of those killer complaints were valid! Killers have gotten so many buffs because killer sucks! And you say you agree with our positions, but you're bashing the devs based on this false narrative that killers were "exclusively 'catered' to." I mean which is it?


    And let's stop with these "forever builds." Killer has never had a forever build. Survivors have the end say, because they choose if they want to be efficient or not, just like the killer does except gens go quicker than hooks. Facing a build with a bunch of slowdown just means you can't go down to the killer constantly and still rush gens. And that's easy to do, since they don't have anything dedicated to chase perks.

  • @VcatoV86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080221#Comment_3080221

    That is partially true, yes. But part of their consideration for changing up the maps (and designing new maps in the future) was to get rid of Blendette. The devs openly stated this.

    This! God forbid survivors be able to hide effectively in a horror game.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092339#Comment_3092339

    At some point, I'd say yes, it is. A survivor quitting because the killer is using a forever build isn't that different from the killer quitting because the survivors are playing a forever game (such as sabo-oak-Exponential-Boil Over RPD, No Mither Soul Guard Breakdown shenanigans, a full team abusing double locker saves with Built To Last, or just any old bully squad that completely outmatches the killer and refuses to end the game.) At some point, it's obvious the other side is trolling you and there is zero potential for fun in the match by a near-universal definition of the word, win or lose. Do I condone DCs? No. Do I understand people dying early, giving up, or going into a corner and refusing to play? Absolutely.

    Granted, I think the OP's build could have been worse, but I've played a few Thana Legions and it's about as enjoyable as deepthroating barbed wire. I don't give up for the sake of my teammates, but if the whole party agrees that they want to go next, that's one of the most valid reasons to ######### on hook that I've ever seen.

    Edit: I should add that the lynchpin isn't "I'm not having fun in this match", it's "this match will take ages to complete on its own, to the point where it could be considered soft hostage taking."

    If people are complaining about matches taking too long, then they can't complain about tunneling because it ends the match faster.

    Also, you're comparing apples to oranges, because these situations you're talking about, the killer or survivors holding the game hostage because of the overwhelming advantage they have, almost never happen (certainly not for the killer). Even survivors, as petty as they are, don't ever get in a SWF just to make each other unkillable and not do gens/escape. That just doesn't happen. Maybe 1/1000 at best.

    But the main point is, we're now excusing survivors who DC because they think that the match is unwinnable, even when that's never the case. Self-fulfilling prophecy. And the real kicker is that it's somehow the killer's fault, because he's being "toxic" because he ran slowdown perks.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080205#Comment_3080205

    I think you are massively oversimplifying it:

    1.) The main complaints about dark maps came from using new moon offerings. And they WERE really busted, you could hide forever with it, making extremely boring games. But thats not the reason it got changed. The offerings where discontinued bc it made the creation of new maps too much of a hassle. And only Coldwind was actively reworked to be in daylight. It has nothign to do with killers complainging, they had implementation / design decisions for that changes.

    2.) All good loops erased? You mean busted loops like Ironworks window, Storehouse windows, old cow tree. Good riddance I say. We STILL have pretty busted loops, main house of Garden of joy for example. And even if it is less god loops, there are still many god pallets. E.g. the four god pallets in the bathroom corner of the game. However this ones survived the rework.

    3.) Gen time was increased NOW, yes. After 6 years. Boy do killers get their whishes fulfilled fast!

    4.) There's no such change, thats BS. If anything, there are bugs currently where they spawn to close together. Also, there was a time not so long ago where you literally could only hook one person in one side of Ormond, and when that hook was gone, that side was totally safe for survivors. You had NO CHANCE to reach another hook, if a survivor got down there. Granted that was a bug as well. But you know what also happens often and is likely not a bug? Hook abundance near exit gates. I had SO MANY games where the survivors f***ed up at the gate, but I could only hook one bc all other hooks are to far away. And when the other survivors can sabo that one hook, it gg ez for you.

    5.) DH for distance was busted. When playing killer now, you will just realize how often it would have extended the chase by a significant amount. The "two seconds" would only apply in a dead zone, but good survivors will avoid that if they can.

    6) DS 1.0 was TOTALLY broken (instant DS for EVERYONE). DS 2.0 was still broken (instand DS for obsession and wiggle + ds for others). DS 3.0 was more or less fine, except that you could touch a gate without loosing it. All that changes were highly justified. DS 4.0 now disables in endgame, to not allow free escapes. That may be harsh, but understandable. It being reduced to 3 seconds might be too much, but thats more or less consens on everyone.

    7) Flashlight changes did not really change anything, they are still extremely powerful in the right hands. And you can still be blinded from outside your pov, maybe even when facing a wall when picking up. Really bad example for the point you want to proove.

    8) 3-man escape through hatch was one of the stupidest things possible. It was the literal definition of a robbed game, with the use of an item. Hatch is the last resort escape, and should never have been possible for more than one survivor. I would have prefered a different solution for the hatch (former spawn rules, but keys can only open a hatch during EGC), but the current situation actively prevents camping the hatch. And slugging to find hatch. And since both parties don't know the location of the hatch beforehand, the last survivor has a good chance to find it before the killer, esp. with perks like Left Behind / Clairvoyance. Using Clairvoyance is actually pretty reliable for ecaping in solo Q. That wouldn't be as reliable with old hatch spawn rules.

    I could compile a list about "devs only catering for survivors" now, but I'm too lazy, and it does not help anything. Such bold claims are nearly always utter BS. Both sides get buffs/nerfs, and for the longest time, maybe since the beginning, survivors where more powerful, so you could even say all your mentionend "catering for killer" was still justified, since it all brought killers to the level of survivors. Only now, with the recent patch, one could argue that killers might finally have the edge. After six years.

    It's crazy you took the time to write that much for almost every paragraph to be partially wrong if not fully.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336195/thana-wont-be-staying-like-this-long-sadly

    Well I mean, maybe the problem isn't thana, but the fact that you were using 3 (2.5) slowdowns? They slowed gens down for killers so you don't do that

    Slowdown(s) ? Plural? Thanatophobia was their only one. TT just blocks while the survivor is being carried, that's nothing. Surveillance is just for information and the cooldown for Oppression is so ridiculous it hardly sees enough use to come close to being Oppressive not to mention you just have to hit a skill check to prevent it on the other generators.

    That's a tracking build with barely any slowdown.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081514#Comment_3081514

    It's not just about Thanatophobia and generators requiring more time to be repaired even without Thanatophobia; It's mostly about how much the survivors were carried by Dead Hard. This cuts off each chase by ~5 - 50 seconds, dependable on the map's RNG and the amount of commited mistakes.

    For example.. You got to use Dead Hard to avoid a bear trap, which was supposed to block the entrance to the most powerful looping tile in the map? That's easily twenty seconds with just one health state with your M1 killer, and I'm not even including the time it takes to break the pallets, vault the windows repeatedly until the Entity blocks them.

    Now, add those .. Twenty seconds to each chase, and see the result. That's over two minutes, yet barely enough to get three generators done in Solo Queue. Solo Queue will need another minute to get three generators outta the way, and that's under the assumption that they're all at average level (know how every single perk works, can constantly hit Great skill checks, but may not rememeber all the RNG possible spots of pallets and windows alike).

    I have no clue, if you're just pretending to be blind or you're not even aware of that, but you're so wrong and off that I do strongly doubt, it's worth to discuss those things with you, unless you do decide to accept the facts as they are. Now, this may be caused by the lack of free time that you don't play Solo Queue as a survivor or whatever, but that's not good enough to back you up here, I'd say.

    Survivors can now use other exhaustion perk which give time as well. When im doing gen with sb I can safely sit on it and when killer comes I just run to close pallet and killer have to waste lot of timesm to get the first hit. But before killer would get that hit before I reach the pallet.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080190#Comment_3080190

    Thrilling isn't slowdown, its info, oppression is a mild hindrance

    It slows down anybody wanting to work on gens for 16 seconds unless they were already on one then they just have a target on their back.

  • @Llokki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080314#Comment_3080314

    Read my comment again. I didn't glance over anything, I literally talked about the new gen times. And 2% is 2%, no matter what base numbers you're talking about.

    Again, I don't care if they reverse the buff they gave Thana, because it makes so very little difference. That was my entire point.

    "2% is 2% no matter what base numbers you're talking about" You do know how percentages work right? lol 2% of 80 is not the same as 2% of 90, X5gens. Just like 15% (pain resonance) isn't the same.

  • Want to have some big laughs with Legion?

    Run Thana, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, and Sloppy. I played on Mother's Dwelling and 10 minutes went by before they finally finished a gen. And yes, this was minutes after I just started walking around casually.

    I understand feeling overwhelmed and all, but with the amount of repair speed perks, toolboxes, etc., Thana can get shut down even if a team is injured if they work together and are smart. Split up when that bass starts up from a distance if working on a gen together. But there's no reason to not do gens if the killer just basically stops applying pressure.

    And it's not just Legion survivors give up against. Only killer I regularly play that survivors don't give up against is Trapper, the most basic killer in terms of mobility and power.

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081001#Comment_3081001

    "2% is 2% no matter what base numbers you're talking about" You do know how percentages work right? lol 2% of 80 is not the same as 2% of 90, X5gens. Just like 15% (pain resonance) isn't the same.

    Uh, yeah, I do. Do you? 2% of 80 and 2% of 90 are still two...freakin...percent. This whole thread is complaining about two...freakin...percent.

    I've argued the whole time that I don't care if it stays or is reverted, because 2% (at full stacks, which is rarely going to be the case outside Legion and Plague) makes no difference to me, whether I be playing killer or survivor. What is hurting survivors so much with regards to generators is the extra 10 seconds it takes at base level, not a piddly 2% (again, at full stacks) increase to Thana.

1 2 ›