Anyone Else Switching to Killer, now?

I've used to main solo queue survivor as of kate and play that for about 70% of my matches occasionally doing killer days and trying to improve on them.


Now I find myself spending 80% of my games as killer. Solo queue never was that great but now it just feels like an exercise in masochism. The few times I did get out was when the killer farmed or 2 of my teammates died because apparently nobody can last in chase on Badham now?

New killer buff is all well and all,but could we now spend some time giving the Solo Survivor experience some love?

Comments

  • Honestly I couldn't deal with the queue times I'd rather just only play killer at like 3am and then swf with people. Even if they're terrible it's not about winning it's about messing around and not wanting to pull my hair out

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Honestly I couldn't deal with the queue times I'd rather just only play killer at like 3am and then swf with people. Even if they're terrible it's not about winning it's about messing around and not wanting to pull my hair out

    Queue times are horrible for both roles for me,lmao. Wish I had people to SWF with, goofing around with silly builds when all of you are goofing is much more fun.

  • @feruis said:

    Nah, for me survivor is still enjoyable, finally challenging.

    Solo queue always was challenging. It's the weakest role in the game

  • @feruis said:

    Nah, for me survivor is still enjoyable, finally challenging.

    Lol said no solo queue player ever, you’re a killer main.

    And yeah everyone’s turning to killer or 4-man SWF now if they want their game to be enjoyable from what I’m hearing.

  • I'm probably changing to killer if I dont find a swf group yes.

  • If challenging was gen speeds at 160 seconds and being tunnelled and camped out at 5 gens then your idea of a challenge is very strange, solo queue as a “challenge” is now equivalent to walking up Everest in ur bare feet with no food or drink.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077922#Comment_3077922

    Lol said no solo queue player ever, you’re a killer main.

    And yeah everyone’s turning to killer or 4-man SWF now if they want their game to be enjoyable from what I’m hearing.

    Yeah I really don't get where the hell the "finally survivor is challenging" mindset came from?

    I swear the only way you could have an experience to suggest survivor wasn't challenging is playing SWF.


    Even with 16 Dead Hards per team your solo queue Claudette and Dwight are not gonna help you escape.

  • Just understand the killer Q weon't be fast enough to dodge any more, and almost everyone will be SWF unironically a few months from now if they're still playing survivor. If some of us would rather wait 20 minutes and risk falling asleep or forgetting the game was on and coming back dead because we hated playing killer so much, well we'll be having the same attitude about not playing solo survivor now. Just brace yourself for plenty more killers to be dcing on offerings screen to punish SWF in lobbies by giving them a longer wait than the killer has to wait to reQ. That's the new meta in a few months. SWF and killers dcing on offerings to obvious swf.

  • My last 4 solo matches felt just like the matches before the patch. So i´ll stay and continue playing survivor.

    Its a ungrateful job, but someone has to do it.

  • I'd say survivor has been the most thrilling it's been in a while, I'll probably commit more time to it than before.

  • Honestly I just play whichever has shorter queues (which is mostly survivor now for me)

  • I'm actually about to switch onto survivors, it takes much less time to que up than ever!

  • No, I still play both roles. I never used DH or DS anyway... so...

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077935#Comment_3077935

    Typical answer from bad survivor main, maybe try to learn the game without training wheels and hand holding, them maybe you will get good. Not from my experience, but sheep's will follow I guess.

    But I never used DH/ DS lol stop using that as an excuse for the fact the entire killer base kit and half their perks got buffed and acting like only the DH nerf made the difference lmao

  • Switching to killer looks like this, from the Djinn's point of view:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4lHEg76_B4


    Unfortunately the Q is too long now to properly derank, so what I do is let them win when somebody has unbreakable which isn't often now for some reason. Otherwise they lay slugged and hopefully DC to not give me MMR.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077935#Comment_3077935

    Typical answer from bad survivor main, maybe try to learn the game without training wheels and hand holding, them maybe you will get good. Not from my experience, but sheep's will follow I guess.

    I've personally not really used DH much for months now. DS is not a perk on my list beyond a bloodpoint incentive.

    Solo queue is still horrible lmao.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077935#Comment_3077935

    Typical answer from bad survivor main, maybe try to learn the game without training wheels and hand holding, them maybe you will get good. Not from my experience, but sheep's will follow I guess.

    You mean the big fat training wheels you've been consistently getting as killer over the last years, and very much especially after this last patch? Though the last patch didn't give you training wheels, it gave you training trucks.

    You might be expecting Bloodlust 3 to kick upon spotting a survivor, next.


    Then you'd come up with an argument among the lines of "BuT NOt AlL KiLLeRs BeNeFIt FrOm bLLoodLusT, LoK At NuRSE"


    Anyway, nothing new to see here.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077969#Comment_3077969

    But that's literally the difference, basekit got buffed by 10%, you also forgot that best killer perks were nerfed, overcharge was nerfed aswell, and survivors also got basekit buff they were asking for forever. I saw survivors literally greed the loop when they don't have old DH, so I'd say that it is a big difference lmao

    All the meta slowdown ATM imo is significantly better versus solo queue than SWF. (Eruption, Overcharge,Thana,Penti)


    10% is not a big difference? What planet are you on? I've got so,so many more hits not because survivors greeded a loop but because I recovered faster.


    Survivors make quite a bit less distance now after a hit. It's very impactful.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077990#Comment_3077990

    But the thing is that solo q is not that terrible, and you have to understand that it's not because killer is so op, but because solo q doesn't have the information that swf does.

    "Solo queue is not that terrible"

    "Solo queue just doesn't have the info SWF has"

    Pick one. Uncoordinated teams are the weakest role in DBD.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078003#Comment_3078003

    You are acting like survivors didn't have and still don't have training wheels? I mean if you really want to go that far let's see how every tournament ends, how survivors are playing with nurse? The game is supposed to be challenging, it's 4v1 after all, you can't have give survivors better 1v1

    who said anything about 1v1? I don't want old DH back? I want solo queue not be miserable. If you want to buff killers across the board,buff solo queue.


    The weakest role in the game doesn't need nerfs. Period.

  • Please do switch, If you manage to not be a dog killer and go against good survivors you will see exactly why these nerfs happened.

  • Remember to two hook, and leave the hook so they're more likely to get unhooked unless you get people bming them in front of you which happens often regardless the side I'm on currently lol. Then at two hooks, tunneling each adequately making them FEEL singled-out to make them more miserable and make certain they know you want them to not be able to enjoy playing the game... then leave them slugged out. Follow them, down them again or their heroes to change places instead (if all escape you win because you LOST mmr and still made them suffer, you were completely in control the entire game so do not sweat it it's not about conventional winning it's about the REAL win against the user not the game). Let that occur one by one, adjusting your perks as you feel the need to keep up with the teams you're seeing that time of day. And just rake in the emotional rewards from it. You are literally siphoning their souls, juicy bit by juicy bit, learn to savor it. They wanted change, they got it.

    You're supposed to make them suffer, and devs have said on a live old twitch stream flatout at least ONE person per match is SUPPOSED to leave it feeling frustrated, that's the way this cookie is designed toc rumble. Make sure, as before when solo was still playable even if you had to be a right c**t about it to make it through, that YOU are usually not the one left feeling like they'd been cheated out of their time in the match when it's over. Embrace the game's cruel design, and it will remain enjoyable. Just stop trying to play to win if you're not in SWF, killers learned that the hard way and now survivors have to learn it the hard way. The way you truly win is if you're the least miserable user after it's over with, bonus points for making others notably miserable. if that's not the way you wanna play a game, then play Evil Dead since even when you lose it's usually at least a Little bit of fun compared to this. This game isn't about your fun, it's about everybody else's unfun. That's the secret sauce.


    "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

  • @PlayEvilDead said:

    Remember to two hook, and leave the hook so they're more likely to get unhooked unless you get people bming them in front of you which happens often regardless the side I'm on currently lol. Then at two hooks, tunneling each adequately making them FEEL singled-out to make them more miserable and make certain they know you want them to not be able to enjoy playing the game... then leave them slugged out. Follow them, down them again or their heroes to change places instead (if all escape you win because you LOST mmr and still made them suffer, you were completely in control the entire game so do not sweat it it's not about conventional winning it's about the REAL win against the user not the game). Let that occur one by one, adjusting your perks as you feel the need to keep up with the teams you're seeing that time of day. And just rake in the emotional rewards from it. You are literally siphoning their souls, juicy bit by juicy bit, learn to savor it. They wanted change, they got it.

    You're supposed to make them suffer, and devs have said on a live old twitch stream flatout at least ONE person per match is SUPPOSED to leave it feeling frustrated, that's the way this cookie is designed toc rumble. Make sure, as before when solo was still playable even if you had to be a right c**t about it to make it through, that YOU are usually not the one left feeling like they'd been cheated out of their time in the match when it's over. Embrace the game's cruel design, and it will remain enjoyable. Just stop trying to play to win if you're not in SWF, killers learned that the hard way and now survivors have to learn it the hard way. The way you truly win is if you're the least miserable user after it's over with, bonus points for making others notably miserable. if that's not the way you wanna play a game, then play Evil Dead since even when you lose it's usually at least a Little bit of fun compared to this. This game isn't about your fun, it's about everybody else's unfun. That's the secret sauce.

    "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

    What.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078010#Comment_3078010

    Versus solo q, and how good is it against SWF?

    That's literally not planetary difference, there are countless videos with a math proving that it isn't so much, I got most of my hits because I got them in a bad position where old DH would work.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078011#Comment_3078011

    No need to pick one because both are the truth.

    And why is that killers problem again? You can tone them down to that level and what when killers encounter swf? literally no hope of winning

    Lemme hammer this point to you again since apparently you cannot read my posts.


    BUFF SOLO QUEUE NOW THAT WE BUFFED KILLER


    SOLO QUEUE AND SWF NEED TO BE CLOSE SO WE CAN BALANCE KILLERS PROPERLY


    thank you.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078003#Comment_3078003

    You are acting like survivors didn't have and still don't have training wheels? I mean if you really want to go that far let's see how every tournament ends, how survivors are playing with nurse? The game is supposed to be challenging, it's 4v1 after all, you can't have give survivors better 1v1

    Please tell me what training wheels I have as a solo Q survivor. Deaha... ah damn that doesn't exist anymore. DS... damn it that's been a useless perk for months now, after this update it's just dead.


    Self Care is a training wheel? Damn. Was it before? and now? Or is it a training wheel when combined with bottany knowledge AND a medkit?


    The myth of OP survivors has been a weak one since 2019. Now it's just a joke.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078016#Comment_3078016

    I'm all for buffing solo q, but you have to understand that killer is not the problem, it's SWF because it's a massive difference between solo q and swf, you have to give them more information without buffing them into oblivion

    when did I say killer is the problem? you're reading some different posts. I'm still talking about solo queue being miserable

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078027#Comment_3078027

    Please tell me how would you buff it without buffing SWF, sure basekit Kindred, but what else?

    You literally just give as much information to solo queue as possible that would match it to SWF.

    Let them see loadouts. Let them see what teammates are doing. Quick chat wheel for "going to rescue, doing hexes, healing" etc.

    A ping system. I really don't see how you're confused.


    Another good change is remove the stupid archive challenges of "crouch entire game and never get hooked,escape through hatch".

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078030#Comment_3078030

    DS useless? It's literally doing what it was supposed to do, sorry you can't have whole minute immunity when you aren't even being tunneled, old DS was abused to oblivion and we both know that.

    Please tell me training wheels you see for killers, because literally all good perks reward you for making a good play.

    DS is a joke right now. I literally tunneled multiple survivors yesterday and was like "oh I got DS'd oh no"

    *downs survivor*

  • Still playing the 50/50 games like usual. Bronze 1 Killer now and Bronze 2 Survivor, solo Queue Survivor as well. Nothings changed for me. Never used Crutch Hard or anything on Survivor. Still doing "meh" as Killer depending if I get solo Survivors or a SWF. Gens fly faster as Killer now though.

  • If you've switched to killer only because now survivor isn't as easy as it was, I predict you'll run back to survivor once you'll reach higher MMR.

  • @zgameboy said:

    Please do switch, If you manage to not be a dog killer and go against good survivors you will see exactly why these nerfs happened.

    I uh..what. Are you okay? Lmao. I've played killer, extensively. I went up against 6K hour plus team regularly.

    My point remains about solo queue.

  • @drsoontm said:

    If you've switched to killer only because now survivor isn't as easy as it was, I predict you'll run back to survivor once you'll reach higher MMR.

    Anyone who talks about "high MMR is really hard" is bad at killer. I've played vs tons of really good teams. You know what they weren't? Solo Queue.


    Shut up please. Killer got buffed,solo queue needs help now.

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078030#Comment_3078030

    DS useless? It's literally doing what it was supposed to do, sorry you can't have whole minute immunity when you aren't even being tunneled, old DS was abused to oblivion and we both know that.

    Please tell me training wheels you see for killers, because literally all good perks reward you for making a good play.

    Okay so DS is not a training wheel anymore. Glad we agree.

    DS = Assuming you don't even breathe or unintendedly click on yourself and it's gone: You give a 3 seconds stun. Considering the animation and the stagger, it's virtually 2 seconds.

    2 seconds, even against a Hag, is a guaranteed down unless you happen to be next to a window or a pallet. Considering how half the reworked maps are all deadzones now, just good luck buddy.

    Training wheels for killers :

    • Reworked maps with deadzones
    • Bloodlust
    • Buffed Game Stalling and gen regression
    • Grabs on hooks with the worst hitboxes and animation locks in the gaming history
    • Camping
    • Tunnelling
    • Window vaulting that blocks windows after the third vault
    • Constant perk buffs, update after update after update
    • Nurse + omega addons
    • Spirit with a 10+ euros headset
    • Hitboxes, period
    • Latency
    • Nerfed vaults
    • Nerfed pallet stuns (the stun happens at the end of the animation, this combined with the hit boxes is a bliss)

    ... Do I need to elaborate more?

    So, again, what training wheels do I have today as a solo Q survivor?

  • @feruis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078043#Comment_3078043

    In what way can they see what their teammates are doing? That's what everyone been saying for God knows how long, but for some reason people are still blaming killers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078044#Comment_3078044

    I was fine with last DS, the one with 4-5 second stun, but I'm against old DS

    Yeah exactly that! I dunno why you brought up blaming killers. This thread was only about the much needed killer buffs really negatively affecting solo queue disproportionately and it needing buffs.


    Nobody brought up the Old Old DS though? Only the 6.1.0 changes were mentioned. 3 second stun is a joke and the problem.

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078042#Comment_3078042

    Okay so DS is not a training wheel anymore. Glad we agree.

    DS = Assuming you don't even breathe or unintendedly click on yourself and it's gone: You give a 3 seconds stun. Considering the animation and the stagger, it's virtually 2 seconds.

    2 seconds, even against a Hag, is a guaranteed down unless you happen to be next to a window or a pallet. Considering how half the reworked maps are all deadzones now, just good luck buddy.

    Training wheels for killers :

    • Reworked maps with deadzones
    • Bloodlust
    • Buffed Game Stalling and gen regression
    • Grabs on hooks with the worst hitboxes and animation locks in the gaming history
    • Camping
    • Tunnelling
    • Window vaulting that blocks windows after the third vault
    • Constant perk buffs, update after update after update
    • Nurse + omega addons
    • Spirit with a 10+ euros headset
    • Hitboxes, period
    • Latency
    • Nerfed vaults
    • Nerfed pallet stuns (the stun happens at the end of the animation, this combined with the hit boxes is a bliss)

    ... Do I need to elaborate more?

    So, again, what training wheels do I have today as a solo Q survivor?

    Reworked maps? 99% of the new maps are super survivor sided. Are you bad at chaining tiles by any chance?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm actually curious how many that said that had or will quit, actually did. I've seen a few around here (I won't name names) that said they had quit altogether because of this update. Yet I've seen the same people post comments that seem to indicate they are still playing.

    I'm still playing killer just not touching solo Q, if others like it good for them.

    Killer queue is annoying tho i waited 10min+ at some point, they need to fix matchmaking incentives asap not in 6 months, I will probably play solo queue with the +100% bonus but right now no thanks

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078048#Comment_3078048

    I'm still playing killer just not touching solo Q, if others like it good for them.

    Killer queue is annoying tho i waited 10min+ at some point, they need to fix matchmaking incentives asap not in 6 months, I will probably play solo queue with the +100% bonus but right now no thanks

    yeah it was interesting to see that the matchmaking incentives actually made queues not too horrible on the killer side.


    I wish they fix them and give them to both killer and survivor when needed since your killer and survivor MMR is different

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078059#Comment_3078059

    Anyone who talks about "high MMR is really hard" is bad at killer. I've played vs tons of really good teams. You know what they weren't? Solo Queue.

    Shut up please. Killer got buffed,solo queue needs help now.

    Given the tone of your reply, I just know you will not play killer for long. And telling someone to shut-up? Who do you think you are?

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078064#Comment_3078064

    Reworked maps? 99% of the new maps are super survivor sided. Are you bad at chaining tiles by any chance?

    "99% of the maps are super survivor sided"


    So every single map except maybe 1 is survivor sided?


    Do you even own this game?

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078063#Comment_3078063

    Given the tone of your reply, I just know you will not play killer for long. And telling someone to shut-up? Who do you think you are?

    Someone who has played killer for more than a thousand of hours?

  • I want to switch to killer since playing survivor is a nightmare now. But the killer ques are so bad so there's no point

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078073#Comment_3078073

    "99% of the maps are super survivor sided"

    So every single map except maybe 1 is survivor sided?

    Do you even own this game?

    uh yeah? Eyrie,most of farm maps but especially cowshed,All The Springwood maps,Haddonfield, garden of joy,all red forest maps,that autohaven map with walls that span more distance than the great wall of china.


    Tons of maps can have busted RNG in general. Maybe you just don't understand how to loop?


    Edit: Almost forgot Predrop Plant.

  • I never used DH and I'm used to sitting on gens. Not much has changed if you ask me.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078085#Comment_3078085

    Someone who has played killer for more than a thousand of hours?

    You are the one who said you seldom played killer and switched to playing it more now, something that many others are trying. As for the question, it was only about the somewhat rude part of your reply.

    Not that it really matters but unless I'm mistaken, I'd be surprised you have a thousands of hours as killer. (About 18 times less killer wins than I do, but about 3 times more as survivor, and it matches your first comment).

    Anyway, moving on ...

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078269#Comment_3078269

    You are the one who said you seldom played killer and switched to playing it more now, something that many others are trying. As for the question, it was only about the somewhat rude part of your reply.

    Not that it really matters but unless I'm mistaken, I'd be surprised you have a thousands of hours as killer. (About 18 times less killer wins than I do, but about 3 times more as survivor, and it matches your first comment).

    Anyway, moving on ...

    The hell are you classing as a win? Lmao. And yes,I've played more survivor as of late but I do have over 2 thousand hours so there was time for me to do both.

  • survivor is more challenging now it's pretty fun

  • @MissiCiv said:

    survivor is more challenging now it's pretty fun

    If by challenging you mean that you're playing as 1v4 as a survivor,then yes.

  • I think I will play lot less soloQ fof now but I already usually play more killer but wait times are very long so I think I just play another game. Right now when Im writing this im waiting to find killer match but when I play survivor I find match instantly. I only want to play survivor now with swf.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078093#Comment_3078093

    uh yeah? Eyrie,most of farm maps but especially cowshed,All The Springwood maps,Haddonfield, garden of joy,all red forest maps,that autohaven map with walls that span more distance than the great wall of china.

    Tons of maps can have busted RNG in general. Maybe you just don't understand how to loop?

    Edit: Almost forgot Predrop Plant.

    Haddonfield survivor sided?


    Maybe you're just a really bad killer? I don't think even the last buffs can save you either lol

  • Playing both as usual. I now enjoy bringing Prove Thyself even more, gens need to be done and the point cap has been extended... Win win !

‹ 1 2