Probably Gonna Regret This...Any Nurse Advice?

Currently planning streaming myself learning Nurse until I figure out how to play her.

I am exceptionally ######### stupid so this might take a while and I'll probably need all the help I can get.


That being said, any advice?

Comments

  • Use double range, nothing else to learn

  • @Freddy96 said:

    Use double range, nothing else to learn

    I will now overshoot my Blinks by double the range!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064529#Comment_3064529

    I will now overshoot my Blinks by double the range!

    You will the 1st 2 games, after that you will get enough muscle memory to blink more or less near survivors.

    The most important thing as nurse is predicting where a survivor is gonna be, double range removes this becase you move at roughly 499% movement speed and at that point there's no possible reaction time from the survivor side and its all about blinking where the survivor is without really needing to predict anything.

  • I don’t play nurse because of console but people said Nurse power is like Pinhead except you physically teleport instead of spawning a chain. If true, in theory, I might be training timing and muscle memory for nurse too. After update I’ll get every Killer perk on her, then MAYBE I’ll try her for a day or two.

    im not sure but she use to have a add-on that let you see your blink distance on the floor. Im hoping that still a thing, I might enjoy her more with my months of Pinhead experience now.

  • The first thing you need to identify is what type of runner you're playing against, do they double back or full send it without looking behind them? Always blink to the last place you saw the survivor with your first blink, if you try too hard to predict ahead or blink on top of them you'll end up making alot of mistakes unless they're a full sender and never look behind them, also remember that you can turn your camera mid blink and use that to adjust yourself when need to be in position for the hit already, the reason I said identifying runners is important is because everyone runs different and has different tricks so being able to identify their playstyle and remember who does what in the match is important, always wait until your blinks fully recharge before you use your power, it's really easy when starting out to get carried away and blink too much, you don't want to stare at the ground half the match so it's good to keep in mind, I recommend no range or recharge add ONS and take a friend into a custom game and pick a building like shack and practice blinking to every corner on the outside to get a feel for how it works, then have a friend run you at a vehicle loop so you can get used to it, a new nurse player will have alot of trouble at vehicle loops while a good nurse will eat you for breakfast if you stay at the loop but it's important to know how to handle those loops because good survivors will take advantage of a bad nurse anyway they can

  • Needless to say, forget using add-ons.

    In a nutshell, because I don't have much time right now:


    You don't need perks for the first phase.

    The first thing you need to do is to blink everywhere from everywhere else. Survivors do not exist for you at the moment.

    Key points like these machines in the corn maps. In and out of the basement. One floor up or down. All the small spots. You get the idea.

    Speaking of, you also need to learn to blink without dropping one floor.

    Learn to short blink too : small walls, pallets: back and forth.

    It takes time so don't even think chasing survivors yet. (Unless it's only to change your mind)

    Once you are confident with your blinks and you don't need to be focused to blink, chases are next.


    Only equip detection perks. Nurses calling, spies, lethal : anything to help you find survivors. BBQ may not be ideal at first.

    You only task is to chase survivors and keep up. If it's too easy don't hesitate downing and hooking: you need more experienced ones.

    For the chases there are two schools: prediction and reaction.

    Prediction, obviously, means you predict the position of a survivor and land there.

    Reaction means you use one blink to close distance and assess, then the second one to land a hit.

    Survivors have often several options to counter both types but getting juked will teach you their moves and you should find ways to counter them.

    There are more complete threads about this. (I'm on a phone, I will not search right now.)


    I'm sure other Nurse players will have some advice too (and we may not all agree so there'll be options)


    Good luck o7

  • There is a brown addon, which shows you where u will blink to. Good for beginners.

    When u are fine with it, use Double-Distance (a green fat bottle and a purple thing).

  • You can use M2 to teleport straight ahead.

  • just practice, theres not much else to it. Nurse is mostly just muscle memory so you cant really get better without suffering for the first few (or more than few) games.

    other than muscle memory you do have to predict survivor pathing a bit- but on most maps (i.e. anything other than haddonfield, lerys, or RPD) its not that hard as long as you've played a decent amount of killer.

    also, id recommend starting out with no add ons until you understand her a bit. and dont try to use double range, thatll ######### with your muscle memory hardcore (plus its batshit boring to use imo)

  • Double range addons are her best addons,,nothing compares to those,,,use info perks on her,,,she doesn't really need much gen defense/ regression,,one perk is enough ,rest should be info,,bbq/sadako's scourge hook/,,,,,survivors will try breaking LOS with you ,,you either go for predictions blinks or blink to the last spot you saw them ,,you will probably fail a lot of blinks and survivors will try being cheeky but don't be discouraged once you get the basics figured out she can be fun for the killer player,,survivors will probably be malding though :P

  • @Pulsar said:

    Currently planning streaming myself learning Nurse until I figure out how to play her.

    I am exceptionally ######### stupid so this might take a while and I'll probably need all the help I can get.

    That being said, any advice?

    There are many good tutorials on YouTube. If you already have a good knowledge of map layouts, you basically just need to understand how her blinks work. In a few 100 hours you'll probably be good enough to beat most teams. It's definitely worth learning how to play the nurse, as she's one of the most enjoyable killers to play.


    I would advise you to play without addons, since she doesn't really need any. But if you want to have an easier time, then recharge and range addons might be the best choice. As far as perks are concerned, you have a free choice here. 


    Good luck and have fun!

  • Yeah there are some good ones on YT but if you are looking for something quick and dirty:

    Just remember to be patient, when blinking and swinging. No reason to guess where the survivor is, you can wait a second and see where the survivor is. You have two blinks, use both and play slow. Someone goes around a corner, blink to that corner and look where they went. You have plenty of time.

    Play without addons. You don't need them to be a good nurse.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Currently planning streaming myself learning Nurse until I figure out how to play her.

    I am exceptionally ######### stupid so this might take a while and I'll probably need all the help I can get.

    That being said, any advice?

    Honestly shes not too bad to learn, when the game was very much new I mained her for a year but haven't touched her since.

    I'd reccomend sticking to the same addons, I tend to go for one range and one recharge (the range is the one you dont wanna swap alot)

    The rest just takes abit of time to know how far you'll blink on both blinks but using the same addon will help.

    Dont make predictions if you dont have to, sonic you can blink to the corner and still hit them on the second blink do that instead of blinking through and trying to hit on the first, because if they double back you lose LOADS of distance

  • Just walk until you have vision on the survivor, stop try to predict the blinks and you are gonna get "better"

  • Never predict blink with your first blink unless you 100% have to. First blink should be used when you have line of sight, second blink should be used to adjust your position so u can strike them

  • Don't start off using range addons. Learn nurse basic first. I never got use out of the flannel addon(I think it's called) that shows where blinks will hit

  • Pay attention to where survivors are looking as you charge your blinks. Survivors are much more likely to double back when they're looking back at you. A lot of survivors tend to pre-turn as well. You can save a blink and one tap them once you get a feel for the timing on the release point for telegraphed double backs. It's about at the 75% mark. It's hard to describe. I go more by feel.

    Don't be afraid to walk for a bit until you have easier blinks available with better LOS. It's always more efficient to land your blinks than it is to go for highlight reel blinks and whiff.

    Nurse needs her camera to be up a bit higher than every other killer. This is a huge struggle point when players pick up Nurse. M1 killers are almost always looking down. Nurse needs to look slightly up to move her blinks through objects and avoid blinking through the floor.

    Use every window, crevice, and crack in the map to gain sight on survivors. A lot of times you can see a survivor through a crack in a wall.