The proxing for free hits is getting really boring…

I know we, rightfully, talk about the meta needing changed as it’s boring to face. For the last few days tho, every single match has been proxy for free hits and hook trades.


I’ve heard things like “it’s not my fault, I’m just contesting the hook” “you’re teammates shouldn’t farm” and even “you’re teammates chose to do gens instead of save so I punished them.” Here’s the thing, most of the time in these matches my teammates and I waited to save because we have eyes/kindred and game sense to know what’s happening.


These killers were lucky to get a 1-2k doing this. I asked if they had fun. And they agreed that it was boring but it’s usually the most effective way to win. I understand maps and gen times, etc and that the desire to “win” is there but I don’t get it if it’s not even fun for you.


when I play killer or survivor, I’m about the chases 100% regardless if I win or not. I’m just bored of taking turns on the hook. Is this anyone else’s experience lately?

Comments

  • I wouldn't proxy nearly as much if I could actually chase every survivor 8 times and get 8 hooks before the games over

    But that rarely happens, and I'm attention starved. So I'll sit right here and demand that survivors interact with me.

    Like, take a Legion for example. 1 gen left, I have 2 hooks, everybody is hurt and I just got my 3rd down. No way in hell am I just gonna walk into a random corner and likely find nobody

  • I’ve went back to maining pig this last week and all I run is enduring, brutal, bamboozle, and STBFL and I gotta say, I have had no issue with having to go back to a hook. Even with a full chase build with no gen slowdown, I don’t feel the need to ever go back to a hook. I don’t understand how hook swapping is efficient when as soon as the tram understands your strategy the team will just pound gens.

  • @lauraa said:

    I wouldn't proxy nearly as much if I could actually chase every survivor 8 times and get 8 hooks before the games over

    But that rarely happens, and I'm attention starved. So I'll sit right here and demand that survivors interact with me.

    Like, take a Legion for example. 1 gen left, I have 2 hooks, everybody is hurt and I just got my 3rd down. No way in hell am I just gonna walk into a random corner and likely find nobody

    But do you check your gens? I’m talking 5 gens still left to do and insta proxy off the bat. Not checking any gens and then mad when gens start flying.


    these are nurses/blights/nemmies/huntresses btw

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Killers complain about second chances perks like DH, DS etc. because they take no skill, but then stand in front of a hook and get free trades and free hooks like that takes any brain power whatsoever. With the new killer buff and survivor nerfs coming down the road camping is going to be a lot more rewarding. BHVR needs to increase the amount of time it takes to sacrifice a survivor by at least 15 seconds minimum or add some type of actual punishment for camping like a gen speed bonus while your teammate is being face camped.

    But they probably won't because only killer complaints get taken seriously in by these devs.

    Agreed. If anything, the killer should be unable to stay within 16m of the hook without pausing the sacrifice timer/losing access to their power/giving every survivor within that range endurance. Camping and proxying and tunneling isn't something that can be solved with little tweaks, BHVR needs to come down hard on it. The longer spent not doing that the worse it's going to be for killers who crutch on it all the time.

  • Many players take the game as a matter of life and death at the expense of fun, and I am talking about both sides. I am sure they would not change their minds even if they were paid. They are endlessy sad

  • @skylerbound said:

    I know we, rightfully, talk about the meta needing changed as it’s boring to face. For the last few days tho, every single match has been proxy for free hits and hook trades.

    I’ve heard things like “it’s not my fault, I’m just contesting the hook” “you’re teammates shouldn’t farm” and even “you’re teammates chose to do gens instead of save so I punished them.” Here’s the thing, most of the time in these matches my teammates and I waited to save because we have eyes/kindred and game sense to know what’s happening.

    These killers were lucky to get a 1-2k doing this. I asked if they had fun. And they agreed that it was boring but it’s usually the most effective way to win. I understand maps and gen times, etc and that the desire to “win” is there but I don’t get it if it’s not even fun for you.

    when I play killer or survivor, I’m about the chases 100% regardless if I win or not. I’m just bored of taking turns on the hook. Is this anyone else’s experience lately?

    A couple of things: 1) just because it’s boring for you doesn’t mean other people don’t enjoy playing that way; and 2) you can thank the devs for making this play style necessary to win. Free endurance health states and broken maps that still haven’t been addressed or even acknowledged as a problem mean that you’ll be very lucky to get one hook per generator done if the killer doesn’t proxy camp or tunnel. Five hooks without “tunneling” = zero kills. Do you think killers will have fun getting zero kills every match?

  • What else should players do?

    I don't get how getting hits by patrolling a hook is any different to getting hits by finding a new survivor.

    I mean if you don't find someone straight away adding the hook to your patrol is just a smart play, you're pretty much guaranteed to find someone there eventually.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049042#Comment_3049042

    Agreed. If anything, the killer should be unable to stay within 16m of the hook without pausing the sacrifice timer/losing access to their power/giving every survivor within that range endurance. Camping and proxying and tunneling isn't something that can be solved with little tweaks, BHVR needs to come down hard on it. The longer spent not doing that the worse it's going to be for killers who crutch on it all the time.

    Then I'll stand 17 meters from the hook. :3

  • How is the killer supposed to know y'all have kindred? Also you just said the reason to why they stayed near the hook, they were struggling to get hooks so that's how to get them. Killers are forced to play this way when survivors run exhaustion perks to gain more distance, run busted tiles and windows on HUGE maps.

    I dont blame the killer or any killer who wants to sit in front of the hook especially after this year where we got smashed with boon healing and the dead hard validation. I had to stop playing my favorite killer deathslinger even after they nerfed him into oblivion! I'm glad killers are camping!

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333237/the-proxing-for-free-hits-is-getting-really-boring

    A couple of things: 1) just because it’s boring for you doesn’t mean other people don’t enjoy playing that way; and 2) you can thank the devs for making this play style necessary to win. Free endurance health states and broken maps that still haven’t been addressed or even acknowledged as a problem mean that you’ll be very lucky to get one hook per generator done if the killer doesn’t proxy camp or tunnel. Five hooks without “tunneling” = zero kills. Do you think killers will have fun getting zero kills every match?

    1) read the post next time. They themselves said it wasn’t fun.


    2)read the post, I acknowledged all of this.

  • Give an actual incentive for killers to not stay near the hook other than "go to gens" and im all for it. Why are u honestly feeling entitled to a free unhook?

  • @Ksekwlothreftis said:

    Give an actual incentive for killers to not stay near the hook other than "go to gens" and im all for it. Why are u honestly feeling entitled to a free unhook?

    “Entitled” interesting word choice when I said I found it boring. Is being bored of dead hard…. Entitled?

  • @skylerbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049103#Comment_3049103

    “Entitled” interesting word choice when I said I found it boring. Is being bored of dead hard…. Entitled?

    Oh naturally my good lad killers have to completely ignore the unhooker and go to a corner gen when they hook a survivor. What u find boring is completely subjective also

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333237/the-proxing-for-free-hits-is-getting-really-boring

    A couple of things: 1) just because it’s boring for you doesn’t mean other people don’t enjoy playing that way; and 2) you can thank the devs for making this play style necessary to win. Free endurance health states and broken maps that still haven’t been addressed or even acknowledged as a problem mean that you’ll be very lucky to get one hook per generator done if the killer doesn’t proxy camp or tunnel. Five hooks without “tunneling” = zero kills. Do you think killers will have fun getting zero kills every match?

    Lol the free endurance health states haven't started yet and are happening because of the proxy camp/tunnel strategy being so popular.

  • It's wild to me that even when BHVR releases stats that say killers have low kill rates(sub 50%) people still post here that killers are so OP and get their way always and reccomend ridiculous survivor buffs like immortality on hook if a killer is within 16M. Kill rates have been dropping consistently for a couple of years now.

  • Killers always have this "what do you mean it's boring for you, it's fun for me" attitude. "You guys gen rush".

    It's not the same thing. If survivors gen rush, the game ends for everyone. If a killer camps/proxy/tunnels someone out they've basically made the match an absolute snooze for one player who literally wiggles, struggles, gets downed, wiggles, and struggles again. It's the equivalent of spawn camping in a first person shooter. It's cheese.

  • @Carth said:

    It's wild to me that even when BHVR releases stats that say killers have low kill rates(sub 50%) people still post here that killers are so OP and get their way always and reccomend ridiculous survivor buffs like immortality on hook if a killer is within 16M. Kill rates have been dropping consistently for a couple of years now.

    Omg you guys do not read. Thank you for letting me know.

  • @lauraa said:

    I wouldn't proxy nearly as much if I could actually chase every survivor 8 times and get 8 hooks before the games over

    But that rarely happens, and I'm attention starved. So I'll sit right here and demand that survivors interact with me.

    Like, take a Legion for example. 1 gen left, I have 2 hooks, everybody is hurt and I just got my 3rd down. No way in hell am I just gonna walk into a random corner and likely find nobody

    I wish this wasn't true. As much as I like to get mad at killers when they do this sort of stuff it's something that you're forced into time to time.

  • @malloymk said:

    Killers always have this "what do you mean it's boring for you, it's fun for me" attitude. "You guys gen rush".

    It's not the same thing. If survivors gen rush, the game ends for everyone. If a killer camps/proxy/tunnels someone out they've basically made the match an absolute snooze for one player who literally wiggles, struggles, gets downed, wiggles, and struggles again. It's the equivalent of spawn camping in a first person shooter. It's cheese.

    The thing is that it’s not fun for them either and I get it. We talk about survivor meta being boring, which it is, but this meta is just as much. Especially since it’s ineffective against competent teams that can loop well

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049025#Comment_3049025

    I wish this wasn't true. As much as I like to get mad at killers when they do this sort of stuff it's something that you're forced into time to time.

    Sure. That time is with 2 gens or less. Most games this actually starts at 5 gens.

  • @skylerbound said:

    I know we, rightfully, talk about the meta needing changed as it’s boring to face. For the last few days tho, every single match has been proxy for free hits and hook trades.

    I’ve heard things like “it’s not my fault, I’m just contesting the hook” “you’re teammates shouldn’t farm” and even “you’re teammates chose to do gens instead of save so I punished them.” Here’s the thing, most of the time in these matches my teammates and I waited to save because we have eyes/kindred and game sense to know what’s happening.

    These killers were lucky to get a 1-2k doing this. I asked if they had fun. And they agreed that it was boring but it’s usually the most effective way to win. I understand maps and gen times, etc and that the desire to “win” is there but I don’t get it if it’s not even fun for you.

    when I play killer or survivor, I’m about the chases 100% regardless if I win or not. I’m just bored of taking turns on the hook. Is this anyone else’s experience lately?

    I have a very easy system. Survivors get one chance to show me they're going to be mindful about their ubhooking. If I hear the unhook within. 10 seconds of leaving the hook, I've already learnt my lesson and will be proxying.

  • @skylerbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049065#Comment_3049065

    1) read the post next time. They themselves said it wasn’t fun.

    2)read the post, I acknowledged all of this.

    1) Did they really mean it though or is it very easy to push people into seeing another view just so they can avoid confrontation?

    Because the "yeah I know its boring" response sounds more placative than an actual opinion.

    2) yes and no, I mean you did but only within the confines of a very narrow point about what you find fun in the game.

    The responses sound like excuses but everyone makes excuses when they lose because typically its not that fun to lose, but none of them needed to justify how they play to you simply because you found it unfun.

    I'm curious about why you felt the need to press them for an explanation to their gameplay simply for the reason that you find it boring?

    I mean what if one of them had said to you "I found it fun, sorry you didn't better luck next time" because that probably would have been my response, because not every game in DBD is about chasing, hook defense can make for some really fun games.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049129#Comment_3049129

    Sure. That time is with 2 gens or less. Most games this actually starts at 5 gens.

    My first two games went exactly like this. A pinky finger clown and a huntress at that...

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049149#Comment_3049149

    My first two games went exactly like this. A pinky finger clown and a huntress at that...

    Same. Lots of sweat today. Some days it's just not all that fun. I think in 12 games or so today, I lived maybe twice. Got more than 3 gens done maybe a total of three times.

    Totally survivor sided though. Need to increase gen times. Or else survivors will be able to get more than two gens done in a match. Oh no.

  • That's why bbq chili is such a good perk it's one of the only reason to leave the hook in current game. I notice a lot of players don't really care about fun they just want easy kills and camping is the way, zero skill needed and they're happy to ruin someone's game. "Just play killer" i guess until they find a way to make the game fun

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Killers complain about second chances perks like DH, DS etc. because they take no skill, but then stand in front of a hook and get free trades and free hooks like that takes any brain power whatsoever. With the new killer buff and survivor nerfs coming down the road camping is going to be a lot more rewarding. BHVR needs to increase the amount of time it takes to sacrifice a survivor by at least 15 seconds minimum or add some type of actual punishment for camping like a gen speed bonus while your teammate is being face camped.

    But they probably won't because only killer complaints get taken seriously in by these devs.

    Or it would be VERY abusable by SWF like it was in the past