Killers to be replaced with bots?

With the new PTB set to decimate killer numbers, what are your thoughts about killers being replaced by bots?


I for one think its a great idea.

Comments

  • @Lyonic said:

    With the new PTB set to decimate killer numbers, what are your thoughts about killers being replaced by bots?

    I for one think its a great idea.

    Stop doomsday forecasting.

  • I mean, they don't need to while you're playing killer, they've got all the bots they need.

  • Literally killers got buffed bruh 💀💀💀

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I mean, they don't need to while you're playing killer, they've got all the bots they need.

    10/10

  • I would quit playing the game if they replaced either side with bots in normal matches. I play multiplayer to play multiplayer. If I wanted to play against a machine, I've got plenty of singleplayer games I could play instead.

  • @Lyonic said:

    With the new PTB set to decimate killer numbers, what are your thoughts about killers being replaced by bots?

    I for one think its a great idea.

    bots can probably run tiles better

  • Well probably bots will perform better than you.


    Survivors lost strongest meta perks and no, OTR will be nerfed pretty sure. You are seriously whining about killer buffs lol?

  • Untitled Image

    Didn't know forums had comedy festivals.

  • With some of the posts I see here, it's almost like this is already happening.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Well probably bots will perform better than you.

    Survivors lost strongest meta perks and no, OTR will be nerfed pretty sure. You are seriously whining about killer buffs lol?

    Are you one of those pushers trying to peddle the regression meta? Cause its fake news

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048465#Comment_3048465

    Are you one of those pushers trying to peddle the regression meta? Cause its fake news

    Fake news lol?

    Dead Hard, DS, Iron Will gutted and all of them are strong survivor meta perks. Killers have some basekit buffs. Generators nerfed. And you are still whining?

    Maybe we needs bot killers yeah, at least they will be challange to face.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I mean, they don't need to while you're playing killer, they've got all the bots they need.

    HarveyMyMan.gif

    Masterful.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048489#Comment_3048489

    Fake news lol?

    Dead Hard, DS, Iron Will gutted and all of them are strong survivor meta perks. Killers have some basekit buffs. Generators nerfed. And you are still whining?

    Maybe we needs bot killers yeah, at least they will be challange to face.

    You are uninformed, thats ok. You dont play enough to understand whats going to happen.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048496#Comment_3048496

    You are uninformed, thats ok. You dont play enough to understand whats going to happen.

    Feel free to put up some evidence instead of crying.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048496#Comment_3048496

    You are uninformed, thats ok. You dont play enough to understand whats going to happen.

    2400 hours atm but sure. You are only exp player in forum.

    image.png


  • You could give some people all the killer buffs in the world and they still think they're being crucified.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    You could give some people all the killer buffs in the world and they still think they're being crucified.

    The council of killer mains does not want this kid representing us, I promise you. We don't want anyone who would cry wolf, that's a soloQ mains job.

  • Alright let's try..


    Do you understand what happens when someone kicks a generator?


    The survivor is running away thats what.


    What happens if there are 2 people working on a generator?


    The survivor you don't chase goes back to working the gen.


    Let's play make believe, in where no one touches a regressed gen for 30 seconds with overcharge how many seconds has the gen regressed?

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048510#Comment_3048510

    Alright let's try..

    Do you understand what happens when someone kicks a generator?

    The survivor is running away thats what.

    What happens if there are 2 people working on a generator?

    The survivor you don't chase goes back to working the gen.

    Let's play make believe, in where no one touches a regressed gen for 30 seconds with overcharge how many seconds has the gen regressed?

    Lets make believe that there are perks beyond overcharge, control yourself.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048524#Comment_3048524

    Lets make believe that there are perks beyond overcharge, control yourself.

    Like ruin and corrupt? Doh!

  • I haven't used either in months, sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you are a bot?

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048527#Comment_3048527

    I haven't used either in months, sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you are a bot?

    Nah check my posts, I destroyed by bot Spirit 2 days ago. Bots are better, i have proof.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I would quit playing the game if they replaced either side with bots in normal matches. I play multiplayer to play multiplayer. If I wanted to play against a machine, I've got plenty of singleplayer games I could play instead.

    Right now the only plans for bots are you’ll be able to set up custom matches against them. Hypothetically if those go well then I wouldn’t be surprised if they consider having bots replace disconnected players like DbD Mobile does. Either way I don’t think they’ll ever intentionally have bots in the main game lobbies.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048530#Comment_3048530

    Nah check my posts, I destroyed by bot Spirit 2 days ago. Bots are better, i have proof.

    I certainly wasn't suggesting he was a good bot.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048527#Comment_3048527

    I haven't used either in months, sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you are a bot?

    The last thing this game needs is to hear what the nurse/blight main want.

    Point me to the bottom teir killers, wjy are they bottom teir? Where is the balance?

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048530#Comment_3048530

    The last thing this game needs is to hear what the nurse/blight main want.

    Point me to the bottom teir killers, wjy are they bottom teir? Where is the balance?

    Nemesis/Sadako/Nurse main here. Sadako is weak but i am doing so good with other 2. I am also doing good with Legion and Demo.

    Skill issues.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048530#Comment_3048530

    The last thing this game needs is to hear what the nurse/blight main want.

    Point me to the bottom teir killers, wjy are they bottom teir? Where is the balance?

    Oh no, you made an assumption about me and used that to discredit me, rather than provide any real evidence.

    Oh no. I'm so hurt.

    On the off chance you're not a troll, bottom tier killers absolutely need some love, of which they got quite a bit with this update. Nurse doesn't benefit from the baseline changes at all and Blight benefits from them at a reduced rate thanks to his pallet crushing mechanics and extreme mobility.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048557#Comment_3048557

    Oh no, you made an assumption about me and used that to discredit me, rather than provide any real evidence.

    Oh no. I'm so hurt.

    On the off chance you're not a troll, bottom tier killers absolutely need some love, of which they got quite a bit with this update. Nurse doesn't benefit from the baseline changes at all and Blight benefits from them at a reduced rate thanks to his pallet crushing mechanics and extreme mobility.

    The problem is that new killers get rekt because freddy, myres, pinhead, ghostface, nemises, ringu all trash compared to high teir killers.

    People come to this game because of these franchises and are leave soon after.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048561#Comment_3048561

    The problem is that new killers get rekt because freddy, myres, pinhead, ghostface, nemises, ringu all trash compared to high teir killers.

    People come to this game because of these franchises and are leave soon after.

    Again, baseline buffs affect all of those killers.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048461#Comment_3048461

    Right now the only plans for bots are you’ll be able to set up custom matches against them. Hypothetically if those go well then I wouldn’t be surprised if they consider having bots replace disconnected players like DbD Mobile does. Either way I don’t think they’ll ever intentionally have bots in the main game lobbies.

    I wouldn't think they would either but BHVR likes to BHVR things so it honestly wouldn't shock me...

  • Can you please stop it? You are clearly trolling. Baseline changes, what do think is going to effect kills more? 10% faster pallet kills or BT + Haste Basekit?

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048586#Comment_3048586

    Can you please stop it? You are clearly trolling. Baseline changes, what do think is going to effect kills more? 10% faster pallet kills or BT + Haste Basekit?

    Stop what? Being a voice of reason? No. Again, put forth some evidence, hoss. Summarizing only the parts of the patch notes that defend your argument and not seeing the forest through the trees is a big problem on this forum, and you're compounding it.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048603#Comment_3048603

    Stop what? Being a voice of reason? No. Again, put forth some evidence, hoss. Summarizing only the parts of the patch notes that defend your argument and not seeing the forest through the trees is a big problem on this forum, and you're compounding it.

    I will be proven correct.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048586#Comment_3048586

    Can you please stop it? You are clearly trolling. Baseline changes, what do think is going to effect kills more? 10% faster pallet kills or BT + Haste Basekit?

    The 10 extra seconds per gen is a significant boost.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048561#Comment_3048561

    The problem is that new killers get rekt because freddy, myres, pinhead, ghostface, nemises, ringu all trash compared to high teir killers.

    People come to this game because of these franchises and are leave soon after.

    New killers probably shouldn't be buying all the dlc killers and expecting to be good with them

  • Technically they're getting replaced by the hacker bots.

  • At least we know bots won’t come into the forums and create a thread crying about a bad match they had.

  • @Wondertainment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333187/killers-to-be-replaced-with-bots

    The sky is not falling. I've never understood why Forums are overrun with Chicken Littles. What are my thoughts on replacing either side entirely with Bots? I think people would lose interest real quick. Bots are either too dumb or too smart. They are not AI and thus patterns emerge. Once you know them you cannot lose. If you make the Bots too efficient you cannot win. There is no middle ground. This game only works being PvP making use of the unpredictable nature of the human animal.

    So to reiterate, no the game is not about to die because of the upcoming changes. It is silly for you to suggest it. The speculation is unwarranted and in and of itself a crude manipulation.

    All of this, and then some.

    The overreactions by people playing either role, every time changes are made, border between hilariously bad takes to seriously biased opinions that can't be taken seriously.

    As someone who plays both sides, I'm excited to see how things are going to shake up once the new update hits, and it's going to take a while to see how, if at all, things really change.

    And I agree completely on the Bots take -- I don't want to play against AI with the thought processes that my zombies show when I play Nemesis, whether it would be survivor or killer. If the game ever came to that, it would be a sign of its imminent demise.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I mean, they don't need to while you're playing killer, they've got all the bots they need.

    But then we would have improved bots

  • Well if that's the mentality you came into the forum with, I don't know why you bothered posting a thread at all.

  • @Lyonic said:

    With the new PTB set to decimate killer numbers, what are your thoughts about killers being replaced by bots?

    I for one think its a great idea.

    -DC bots to avoid getting salty survivors or killer ruining other people games by disconnecting -----> YES (so if the killer DCs you can still play and not sit on Q times again)

    -Bots replacing players since the start of the match or in lobby ----> NO

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I would quit playing the game if they replaced either side with bots in normal matches. I play multiplayer to play multiplayer. If I wanted to play against a machine, I've got plenty of singleplayer games I could play instead.

    If I want to face bots I'll go back to playing horde on gears of war. Or go back to payday2.

    Evolve tried replacing dcers with bots and it didn't work. If a monster was replaced by a bot it was a free win. If a hunter was replaced it was a near guaranteed lose. The bot was better than nothing but not by much.

    A side note. If they replace killers with bots I hope they are op as sin. Like a blight/nurse that auto locks and virtually cannot miss. A Billy that cannot be 360 juke. That will never happen given bhvrs ability to program but it would be funny.

  • we fear change...

  • Let's not only give survivors endgame immortality, but make the killers dumb as a box of rocks. This game will truly be an "Hold M1" simulator then

  • Bot killers whose stats increase based on collective MMR should be the standard for every 3-4 sized SWF.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048461#Comment_3048461

    If I want to face bots I'll go back to playing horde on gears of war. Or go back to payday2.

    Evolve tried replacing dcers with bots and it didn't work. If a monster was replaced by a bot it was a free win. If a hunter was replaced it was a near guaranteed lose. The bot was better than nothing but not by much.

    A side note. If they replace killers with bots I hope they are op as sin. Like a blight/nurse that auto locks and virtually cannot miss. A Billy that cannot be 360 juke. That will never happen given bhvrs ability to program but it would be funny.

    Actually, that would be easier to program than a Killer that can miss (realistically). You just program the bot to track player movement during all scenarios and animations. The only issue is pathfinding to stop bots from getting stuck on geometry. It's easier to tell the bot to be perfect than it is to tell it to make mistakes. If BHVR added bots, they would be goal oriented to a fault and hyper focus on objectives. Their logic would always be telling them to "move towards Survivor, chase the closest one (LoS check to confirm target), prioritize injured Survivors within a set range, pick up downed Survivors and put them on nearest hook, repeat all-the-above". This logic COULD be gamed to make the bot move back and forth in an open field simply by using LoS and distance to jerk it back and forth, but that's a thing with most bots.

    Also, as stated before, making a bot make realistic mistakes is much harder. In shooting games, bots tend to fire nebulously to the sides of a player until a timer hits 0, that 0 being their aim deviation. Then their aim becomes accurate. So you have a set time to respond to their incoming, inaccurate fire before they punish you for not dealing with them or getting out of the way. Other games with better AI have the bots go through a myriad of logic trees, situational modifiers, etc, to make the bot behave a bit more realistically or in the very least, in a more interactive manner. A good example of this is the Xenomorphs from Alien Isolation. They have a multitude of detection cones, situation based decision making, RNG based decision making, etc. A ton of work went into making just one creature behave more like a living thing than just a bot that hones in and kills a target.

  • Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if both sides fighting bots was the logical end-game of all the complaining about player conduct here. Between people whining that the other side shouldn't do meta stuff, or hyper-focus on objectives, or be too good at a Killer or Survivor as they are currently designed, it always comes down to "play in a way that I can deal with, not the way you are currently playing". Without changing core mechanics of the game, bots would honestly be the best way to do this, and I sincerely feel like SOME people here would honestly prefer that to playing against players that can make their trial much more difficult/frustrating.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3048784#Comment_3048784

    Actually, that would be easier to program than a Killer that can miss (realistically). You just program the bot to track player movement during all scenarios and animations. The only issue is pathfinding to stop bots from getting stuck on geometry. It's easier to tell the bot to be perfect than it is to tell it to make mistakes. If BHVR added bots, they would be goal oriented to a fault and hyper focus on objectives. Their logic would always be telling them to "move towards Survivor, chase the closest one (LoS check to confirm target), prioritize injured Survivors within a set range, pick up downed Survivors and put them on nearest hook, repeat all-the-above". This logic COULD be gamed to make the bot move back and forth in an open field simply by using LoS and distance to jerk it back and forth, but that's a thing with most bots.

    Also, as stated before, making a bot make realistic mistakes is much harder. In shooting games, bots tend to fire nebulously to the sides of a player until a timer hits 0, that 0 being their aim deviation. Then their aim becomes accurate. So you have a set time to respond to their incoming, inaccurate fire before they punish you for not dealing with them or getting out of the way. Other games with better AI have the bots go through a myriad of logic trees, situational modifiers, etc, to make the bot behave a bit more realistically or in the very least, in a more interactive manner. A good example of this is the Xenomorphs from Alien Isolation. They have a multitude of detection cones, situation based decision making, RNG based decision making, etc. A ton of work went into making just one creature behave more like a living thing than just a bot that hones in and kills a target.

    Oh I can see it now. Bots going after the person that was just unhooked. The survivors call the bot a tunneler and post threads on the forums. Then a mod says he's just performing his objective the best way he can. That would be a ######### slap of truth lmao

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051246#Comment_3051246

    Oh I can see it now. Bots going after the person that was just unhooked. The survivors call the bot a tunneler and post threads on the forums. Then a mod says he's just performing his objective the best way he can. That would be a ######### slap of truth lmao

    Oh I can see it now. Bots going after the gens because the killer isn't applying pressure. The killer calls the bot a gen rusher and post threads on the forums. Then a mod says he's just performing his objective the best way he can. That would be a ######### slap of truth lmao

  • There are already AFK farmer ones. Wait and see before doing assumptions about the patch, maybe it wont be that bad...

‹ 1 2