Survivors are not having fun with this game anymore

First off, lets not make this an us vs them.

Right now, about every other game I've played, has become a face-camper or tunneler at gen 5 and I think that most survivors are experiencing this now as complaints have started really piling up on these forums and from other survivor players I've engaged with. (I don't want to see killer players explaining why they think killers are doing this because that is subjective and changes from player to player).

Disconnects are going up, suicides on hooks are going up. Survivors are enjoying this game less and less.

The developers seem to be trying to fix the issues killers are having, which is great. There needs to be some work on the issues that is killing the fun of the game for survivors.

Comments

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037531#Comment_3037531

    You can have as many hours as you want and still be incorrect, biased, and narrow minded.

    These are not mutually exclusive ideas.

    Is there any reason to insinuate I'm biased and narrow minded?

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037541#Comment_3037541

    Is there any reason to insinuate I'm biased and narrow minded?

    Sure, you started off your thread by putting every single survivor in the same bucket. You were already called out for this, I shouldn't have to do it again.

  • @Gindaen said:

    First off, lets not make this an us vs them.

    Right now, about every other game I've played, has become a face-camper or tunneler at gen 5 and I think that most survivors are experiencing this now as complaints have started really piling up on these forums and from other survivor players I've engaged with. (I don't want to see killer players explaining why they think killers are doing this because that is subjective and changes from player to player).

    Disconnects are going up, suicides on hooks are going up. Survivors are enjoying this game less and less.

    The developers seem to be trying to fix the issues killers are having, which is great. There needs to be some work on the issues that is killing the fun of the game for survivors.

    To be fair, people DC or let themselves go on hook over the smallest of things. I dont tunnel or camp, nor do I use strong builds (I use Hillbilly with BBQ, Shadowborn, and Bloodwarden on some occasions) but people still DC and such. I play both sides, and I can understand getting upset because of the killer using a strong build, or camping and tunneling, but I do neither.

    I think people just get tired of DbD, or burnt out on the game. People need to take breaks. If they keep playing over and over, they are bound to find something that upsets them a lot, leading to more frustration since they are already upset, it can build up a lot if unmoderated. But this happens on both sides, this isnt exclusive to just survivors or killers alone.

    SoloQ can also be super painful since you have 4 people with some idea what they are doing but literally no coordination whatsoever... Ive said this for a long time. DbD needs voicechat, rather it be proximity based or just VC in general, I wouldnt mind. Survivors need teamwork to win, it's by their design, but literally nothing about the game's design supports teamwork in the slightest. "But killers win because of weak links, and SoloQ enforces that", I dont care, SoloQ shouldnt be as terrible as it is.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/332112/survivors-are-not-having-fun-with-this-game-anymore

    To be fair, people DC or let themselves go on hook over the smallest of things. I dont tunnel or camp, nor do I use strong builds (I use Hillbilly with BBQ, Shadowborn, and Bloodwarden on some occasions) but people still DC and such. I play both sides, and I can understand getting upset because of the killer using a strong build, or camping and tunneling, but I do neither.

    I think people just get tired of DbD, or burnt out on the game. People need to take breaks. If they keep playing over and over, they are bound to find something that upsets them a lot, leading to more frustration since they are already upset, it can build up a lot if unmoderated. But this happens on both sides, this isnt exclusive to just survivors or killers alone.

    SoloQ can also be super painful since you have 4 people with some idea what they are doing but literally no coordination whatsoever... Ive said this for a long time. DbD needs voicechat, rather it be proximity based or just VC in general, I wouldnt mind. Survivors need teamwork to win, it's by their design, but literally nothing about the game's design supports teamwork in the slightest. "But killers win because of weak links, and SoloQ enforces that", I dont care, SoloQ shouldnt be as terrible as it is.

    I agree, people DC because they're first down, playing against a Nurse or their house is on fire. It happens.

    But I'm personally seeing survivors DCing when they're getting camped at gen 5 while the killer can take 1 step and re-down the survivor and it's happening much more often than it use to happen. I have around 2,000+ hours in the game, with it being about 1/2 killer and 1/2 survivor (It may be more killer to be honest, I don't remember exactly when my friends started wanting to play the game with me). And I can see a large uptick in camping/tunneling at gen 5.

    And again, I totally understand camp and tunneling in a bunch of situations as killer. However, not at gen 5.

  • When is the last time someone who was in a SWF decided to NOT Genrush because it's not fun for the killer? Probably not often, if not never. Survivors GenRush because it it the most effective strategy. Period. The Killer's feelings or "fun levels" are never taken into account. Anyone being honest with themselves knows this to pretty much be a fact.

    Tunneling and Camping are not "the only way", but they are the most effective strategies, regardless of your personal feelings, skill levels, or moral compass. They work, and that is just a fact. You might use it at a last resort when your down to 1-2 Gens to try to shift things in your favor. You might try to tunnel one person out of the game immediately, to shift numbers in your favor.

    I don't believe any survivor/swf is EVER going to alter their strategies and gameplay for my Killer's "fun", so why should I be forced to do it for survivors. Don't want to be tunneled, loop better. You have to be caught to be tunneled, and if you're good, and you know the killer wants you, there's nothing stopping you from taking him on a 2-3 Gen ride. Not proud, but it's been done to me, and all I can do is ggwp.

    Being camped, do Gens. As a Survivor, I literally have to tell every team, "If I get hooked and camped, just do Gens". Every game, I have to tell people that, and by now it should be common knowledge. I don't mind getting hooked and camped, if the team uses the time to smash Gens. When they all come and try to be heroes and 1 down turns into 3 down, that's when I get mad.

    I'm just saying that Killer or Survivor, most are going to do whatever it takes to win. This is a competitive game, and if that's not your jam, that's cool. We don't need BHVR trying to turn players made up "survivor ethics" rulebook into game mechanics.

    Getting smashed is not fun, for survivor or killer. I've gone on horrible streaks of getting smashed by EVERY team I went against, and it wasn't fun. What I needed wasn't more rules, nerfs, buffs, etc. What I needed, what I still need, is more TIME and more PRACTICE. I need to improve my own skills so that I can make the game fun for myself, instead of expecting others to do it for me.

    This is of course, just my pea-brained 2 cents. ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @Tsulan said:

    Off the Record and the new Endurance meta say otherwise.

    What is the Endurance meta? I Googled it and can't find anything on it.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036859#Comment_3036859

    What is the Endurance meta? I Googled it and can't find anything on it.

    On the PTB. Survivors can use OtR, DH and MoM to gain 4 health states.

  • Everything OP said "is subjective and changes from player to player"

  • I've been saying for a long time now that camping and tunneling are the biggest problems in this game. When it happens I instantly lose interest in playing/ There is nothing fun about being on the hook having no option but hope someone on your team can hook trade with you. Tunneling is even worse because if you get unhooked your 2nd chance at being able to play the game is now being ruined by someone who thinks its fair to go right after you straight off the hook. Its even worse if you were being camped before that. These 2 things are just major deterrents for me and for many people I've played with before. I don't know if the changes coming will discourage killers from doing this. All I know is for too long this has been the norm and its time for camping and tunneling to be a thing of the past.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    I've been saying for a long time now that camping and tunneling are the biggest problems in this game. When it happens I instantly lose interest in playing/ There is nothing fun about being on the hook having no option but hope someone on your team can hook trade with you. Tunneling is even worse because if you get unhooked your 2nd chance at being able to play the game is now being ruined by someone who thinks its fair to go right after you straight off the hook. Its even worse if you were being camped before that. These 2 things are just major deterrents for me and for many people I've played with before. I don't know if the changes coming will discourage killers from doing this. All I know is for too long this has been the norm and its time for camping and tunneling to be a thing of the past.

    I definitely think that standing close enough to a survivor on a hook so that you can take 1 step and hit the survivor is way more rewarding than the effort it takes to do it. My biggest win streak, getting 3 to 4 kills, as killer was when I did 50 games in a row, standing about 1 step from the survivor. Near the end of it, I was getting survivors way more skilled than me and I assume I was at the top of MMR since it was 50 wins in a row.

    However, my biggest grip is when someone does it from the start of the game and just judging from my games, that has increased a lot. (Also, there's a lot of forum threads about camping and tunneling which makes me think the same).

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/332112/survivors-are-not-having-fun-with-this-game-anymore

    To be fair, people DC or let themselves go on hook over the smallest of things. I dont tunnel or camp, nor do I use strong builds (I use Hillbilly with BBQ, Shadowborn, and Bloodwarden on some occasions) but people still DC and such. I play both sides, and I can understand getting upset because of the killer using a strong build, or camping and tunneling, but I do neither.

    I think people just get tired of DbD, or burnt out on the game. People need to take breaks. If they keep playing over and over, they are bound to find something that upsets them a lot, leading to more frustration since they are already upset, it can build up a lot if unmoderated. But this happens on both sides, this isnt exclusive to just survivors or killers alone.

    SoloQ can also be super painful since you have 4 people with some idea what they are doing but literally no coordination whatsoever... Ive said this for a long time. DbD needs voicechat, rather it be proximity based or just VC in general, I wouldnt mind. Survivors need teamwork to win, it's by their design, but literally nothing about the game's design supports teamwork in the slightest. "But killers win because of weak links, and SoloQ enforces that", I dont care, SoloQ shouldnt be as terrible as it is.

    Today I had the strangest of games. We were against a slinger in Midwich Elementary, and after getting the drop on one of the survivors that one DCed, shortly to be followed by another survivor.

    Me and the Claudette did what we did, I got hooked, Claudette unhooked me and then .. DCed. The Slinger cornered me and gave me the hatch, but that was the most sad match I ever had the misfortune to load into.

    Poor Slinger.jpg


  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Survivors on forum: every match is facecamper

    Me Killer Main plays surv every night: has not seen facecamper in awhile, only play soloq and have matches I escape without even getting hit.

    Source: Trust me bro

  • I play in a 4 man SWF and tell my other 3 teammates to DC and I still escape 100% of the time.

    Trust me bro.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CPG0GAZ64Y4O/tenor.gif

    DBD is a competitive game not a party game.๐Ÿ˜‚

    It's not meant to be fun if you're trying to have fun in a video game you have to play something else.

    And which oder asymetrical Horror Game with licensed Characters could you possibly mean? Spoiler: There is no such Game which could be even close to DBD at the moment.

    All the other Games out there are like a Shadow of DBD, like a bad copy. Sorry, thats my opinion.


    To say somebody should just play other games is always a good answer if you don't want to solve issues and instead provide unsubstantial informations or comments. It reminds me a bit of Politicians or marketing representatives... xD


    My comment is not meant to be an attack, but to make you rethink. in my Opinion the forum is also there to share one's problems with others and to find solutions to certain problems together.

  • @Gindaen said:

    First off, lets not make this an us vs them.

    Right now, about every other game I've played, has become a face-camper or tunneler at gen 5 and I think that most survivors are experiencing this now as complaints have started really piling up on these forums and from other survivor players I've engaged with. (I don't want to see killer players explaining why they think killers are doing this because that is subjective and changes from player to player).

    Disconnects are going up, suicides on hooks are going up. Survivors are enjoying this game less and less.

    The developers seem to be trying to fix the issues killers are having, which is great. There needs to be some work on the issues that is killing the fun of the game for survivors.

    Fix facecamping,I made a post about this so let me know your opinion.

    @Adaez said:

    I'm looking at you Off the Record and the upcoming endurance meta.

    Also

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmz3KjuanQ0

    Now it wont be used for real ๐Ÿคฃ

    The next big problem in the journey of making Dead by Daylight less frustrationg,more enjoyable and balanced:

    Facecamping,camping,proxy camping.

    This is one of the things players have been complaining about the most for years and for good reasons.

    I'm a killer main at heart but even I recognize camping is a bad strategy that works,especially on killers like Bubba where you can secure 1 kill every game just by downing a single survivor and camping them.

    Someone gaved a really simple solution that I think will work.

    1.Remove the hook timer until:

    The killer hits another survivor with a basic or special attack.

    This will force the killer to chose betwen camping or giving survivors unlimited time of finishing gens then come for the save unless the killer does what its supposed to do,hunt the remaining survivors after hooking someone instead of camping.

    If you cant find a survivor in 30 seconds after hooking someone and no one comes for the save,you will get a notification of a random unhooked survivor on the map every 30 seconds so they cant hide forever and keep the game hostage.

    Killers can just hit someone then go back to the hook if no one comes for the save.

    So instead if the injured survivor is not downed or hit again within 30 seconds,the timer will stop until the killer will hit someone again.

    2.The killer will no longer be able to insta down in a radius of 10m of a hooked survivor.

    This will counter camping even on killers like Bubba with the best camping insta down in the game.

    3.Deliverance change: Survivors can use deliverance to unhook themselvess only when the timer is not paused.

    Also a change to Bubba since we're talking about it.

    Bubba chainsaw automatically cancels after a survivor is hit.

    I think this will fix the situation where he can use his chainsaw to hit and insta down more than 1 survivor at once especially when they try to save someone that is getting camped.

    I think if all of these are implemented, Dead by Daylight will become a much better and balanced game for everyone.


  • @Lordofweed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036891#Comment_3036891

    And which oder asymetrical Horror Game with licensed Characters could you possibly mean? Spoiler: There is no such Game which could be even close to DBD at the moment.

    All the other Games out there are like a Shadow of DBD, like a bad copy. Sorry, thats my opinion.

    To say somebody should just play other games is always a good answer if you don't want to solve issues and instead provide unsubstantial informations or comments. It reminds me a bit of Politicians or marketing representatives... xD

    My comment is not meant to be an attack, but to make you rethink. in my Opinion the forum is also there to share one's problems with others and to find solutions to certain problems together.

    My comment was more meant to be funny. I joke around in hopes that everyone will stop being so serious and try to have fun in the game, but it doesn't matter playing to win is what's important not having fun. Play something else just means play something else there's thousands of games out there. It doesn't have to be another asymmetrical horror game. If horror is the choice there are tons of horror games out there.

    There is no working together to find solutions when killer/survivor mains exist.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039442#Comment_3039442

    My comment was more meant to be funny. I joke around in hopes that everyone will stop being so serious and try to have fun in the game, but it doesn't matter playing to win is what's important not having fun. Play something else just means play something else there's thousands of games out there. It doesn't have to be another asymmetrical horror game. If horror is the choice there are tons of horror games out there.

    There is no working together to find solutions when killer/survivor mains exist.

    I think "working together" can exist. For example: I'm a Killer Main (Nurse) and i played some matches in the new PTB Update and i think Nurse is too strong compared to the live build. That's my honest opinion about this topic and i believe we all can find solutions for new problems which occur.


    I also play A LOT Survivor with my friends. We play a few hours every day and i'm aware of the problems which every role naturally comes with. If everyone in the community would play both roles, we could have a better understanding of the real problems i guess. As you have already mentioned, there are hardcore killer mains and hardcore surv mains out there which won't touch the opposite role at all (besides some daylie missions) and this is a problem related to the evaluation of balancing in general. In some cases, it also distorts the amount of likes of comments in the forum and it can lead to a incorrect assumptions, beacuse of the asymmetrical Player distribution in DBD.


    Personally, I also had less fun on the PTB build as Survivor than on the live server. Maybe that's just the first impression that speaks from me. However, I had the feeling that the top tier killers like Blight or Nurse were overperforming.

  • I still have a lot of fun as survivor.

  • @Lordofweed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039466#Comment_3039466

    I think "working together" can exist. For example: I'm a Killer Main (Nurse) and i played some matches in the new PTB Update and i think Nurse is too strong compared to the live build. That's my honest opinion about this topic and i believe we all can find solutions for new problems which occur.

    I also play A LOT Survivor with my friends. We play a few hours every day and i'm aware of the problems which every role naturally comes with. If everyone in the community would play both roles, we could have a better understanding of the real problems i guess. As you have already mentioned, there are hardcore killer mains and hardcore surv mains out there which won't touch the opposite role at all (besides some daylie missions) and this is a problem related to the evaluation of balancing in general. In some cases, it also distorts the amount of likes of comments in the forum and it can lead to a incorrect assumptions, beacuse of the asymmetrical Player distribution in DBD.

    Personally, I also had less fun on the PTB build as Survivor than on the live server. Maybe that's just the first impression that speaks from me. However, I had the feeling that the top tier killers like Blight or Nurse were overperforming.

    I tried before all I get is arguments. Neutral players that play both sides opinion doesn't matter.

    Mains will always pick fights with you for their side. Until the day when they play both sides and see what it's like there will never be together.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CPG0GAZ64Y4O/tenor.gif

    DBD is a competitive game not a party game.๐Ÿ˜‚

    It's not meant to be fun if you're trying to have fun in a video game you have to play something else.

    "Dbd is a competitive game"

    -Devs stat they want an average of 2 kills, 2 escapes per match. ๐Ÿ™„

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036877#Comment_3036877

    "Do you think Killers enjoy face camping?"

    Seeing how rampant it is and how much they gloat in the forums and postgame chat, yes I do believe they enjoy it.

    Lol, exactly. I'm totally sure they're shaking their head "no" at me because they don't want to camp me. /s

    I don't see campers all the time, but I wouldn't say they're rare either. And when you do encounter them it's really lame. It's the equivalent of spawn camping/killing in a first person shooter. You're preventing a player from actually playing the game.

    There are times and situations where the camp makes sense strategically and is relatively fair to the person being camped. But your standard twitch streaming killer with four viewers is legit just doing it to be a turd.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036891#Comment_3036891

    "Dbd is a competitive game"

    -Devs stat they want an average of 2 kills, 2 escapes per match. ๐Ÿ™„

    Once again that comment was meant as a funny

    image.png


  • Well, I didn't read all the comments. And with the internet of nowadays you can't really know.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3039504#Comment_3039504

    I tried before all I get is arguments. Neutral players that play both sides opinion doesn't matter.

    Mains will always pick fights with you for their side. Until the day when they play both sides and see what it's like there will never be together.

    This. If you're not of the extreme ideology there is no room for you. We see this concept play out in the real world all the time too.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036877#Comment_3036877

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036872#Comment_3036872

    I want everyone to see these two responses to my forum post. I didn't say anything inflammatory about killer players, yet I immediately get attacked as if I did say something inflammatory about killer players. I asked to not make this an us vs them thread and it immediately becomes an us vs them thread. I even said I'm glad the developers are looking at helping killer players.

    There are issues survivor players are having, they need to also get addressed.

    Attacked? Where? Wow

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037081#Comment_3037081

    You absolutely shouldn't, no one would. Even if survivors didn't do all of that stuff, you still wouldn't care about survivors fun.

    So asking a killer-main to fix the game for survivor-mains would be absolutely insane. In fact, asking for killer-mains input on a situation that is entirely a survivor problem, would also be insane. In fact, killer-mains input on a survivor problem will be obviously be useless.

    If survivors are continually complaining on these forums about face-camping and tunneling at gen 5. Then survivors-players are seeing a problem and telling the developers there's a problem. There not here asking for killer-mains to fix the problem, they're asking the developers to fix the problem.

    Killer mains input isn't useless. Just because someones a killer "main" dosen't mean they never play as a survivor. I consider myself a killer main but i play more swf. If my team is getting camped at 5 gens then we actually do gens. We don't wait around for the next one of us to get tunneled/camped.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Off the Record and the new Endurance meta say otherwise.

    I sincerely hope that Off the Record buff doesn't make it past the PTB. Its too much.

  • rarely get tunneled and when i get, i simply dont care, is understandable, sometimes the killer gets punished for it and i escape, sometimes i dont, survs just need to be smart to see the payoff, no huge deal and a non-issue

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3038575#Comment_3038575

    I definitely think that standing close enough to a survivor on a hook so that you can take 1 step and hit the survivor is way more rewarding than the effort it takes to do it. My biggest win streak, getting 3 to 4 kills, as killer was when I did 50 games in a row, standing about 1 step from the survivor. Near the end of it, I was getting survivors way more skilled than me and I assume I was at the top of MMR since it was 50 wins in a row.

    However, my biggest grip is when someone does it from the start of the game and just judging from my games, that has increased a lot. (Also, there's a lot of forum threads about camping and tunneling which makes me think the same).

    Wait... are you saying you face camped survivors 50 games in a row? Yikes...

  • Gotta cry at least as loud as survivor cried on deathslinger so he could at least get nerfed

  • @Hilidaris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037155#Comment_3037155

    Gotta cry at least as loud as survivor cried on deathslinger so he could at least get nerfed

    Nah, better yet, cry as much as killer did for dead hard and i'll assure You that perk is getting nerfed on PTB, lmao

  • @Gindaen said:

    First off, lets not make this an us vs them.

    Right now, about every other game I've played, has become a face-camper or tunneler at gen 5 and I think that most survivors are experiencing this now as complaints have started really piling up on these forums and from other survivor players I've engaged with. (I don't want to see killer players explaining why they think killers are doing this because that is subjective and changes from player to player).

    Disconnects are going up, suicides on hooks are going up. Survivors are enjoying this game less and less.

    The developers seem to be trying to fix the issues killers are having, which is great. There needs to be some work on the issues that is killing the fun of the game for survivors.

    Please don't try and speak for "most" survivors and stick to your own experience. Hyperbole is a great way to invalidate your stance from the very beginning.

  • Im enjoying the game still, but sometimes a few killers make me want to just suicide on hook. I'm sorry to anyone who plays these killers, but Pinhead, Huntress, and Nemesis are so boring to me that its hard to stay engaged, nothing wrong with playing them tho. Overall I still love the game, but everyone is going to have things in games that they don't like, its just how it is for games that have so many characters and perks.

1 2 โ€บ