Flashlight bullying is worse than camping. ~Venting Rant~

All you survivors who complain about camping or NOED need to get off your high horse if you think flashlights are fair. Not only do they stack (for whatever reason) they also last WAY longer than they need too. Plus I’ve noticed people are running Residential Manifest now with them constantly. Making it near impossible to see hooks in some maps.

Also, for the killers who constantly say “use noise to find them” that doesn’t help when they all I can hear is the blinding effect of WooooooOOOOO constantly.

Flashlight users also just do happen to be Pallet campers as well. Sitting near a pallet loop killers definitely can’t abuse (heavy sarcasm).

Comments

  • @AnneBonny said:

    skill issue

    Then tell me all magical one. How do I stop them from constantly hiding near pallets with flashlights? What skill should I master for that? I’ve done mindgames and blocked loops with certain killers. Yet it seems to me that the only effective way is to use a single perk or to stare at the sky like a turkey.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026553#Comment_3026553

    Then tell me all magical one. How do I stop them from constantly hiding near pallets with flashlights? What skill should I master for that? I’ve done mindgames and blocked loops with certain killers. Yet it seems to me that the only effective way is to use a single perk or to stare at the sky like a turkey.

    if they are using flashlights then they aren't doing gens which is in your favor.

  • I’m sorta venting at the moment GCP, had six matches in a row with nothing but flashlights and pallet goblins. Plus a few damn flash grenades on top of my already blinded self.

    Almost each and everyone of the players was also yelling at me for running NOED on me level 15 Gunslinger.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026557#Comment_3026557

    I’m sorta venting at the moment GCP, had six matches in a row with nothing but flashlights and pallet goblins. Plus a few damn flash grenades on top of my already blinded self.

    Almost each and everyone of the players was also yelling at me for running NOED on me level 15 Gunslinger.

    Flashlights are an item, NOED is a perk, both are meant to be used. People who yell at you for using things are dumb and can be ignored.

    If more people yell at you, send 'em my way so I can personally point and laugh at them.

  • Okay first of all:

    All hail our lord and saviour Lightborn 😎

    Second:

    Who really cares about getting blinded at a dropped pallet? Just use the blind time and break it. Less resources in the later stages of the game make a killers life much easier.

    Third:

    @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026559#Comment_3026559

    if they are using flashlights then they aren't doing gens which is in your favor.

    Doesn't really matter if you win or lose when the journey feels like ######### and is stressfull. And yes, i personally find winning in DBD as being one of the least rewarding feelings in my gaming life. Also the reason why finally dropping and not playing much in the first place we're so easy for me.

  • Use lightborn if its really that bad for you. Or use strong killers who dont give a ######### about flashlights

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026559#Comment_3026559

    if they are using flashlights then they aren't doing gens which is in your favor.

    If they are doing gens while the killer wastes 40+ seconds getting a down, and then spend 4 seconds running over and getting a flashlight rescue, that is not in the killer's favor. The killer's time is 4x more valuable, not 10x less.

    Just give the killer a perk that exposes survivors who blind killer locked in an animation, and make the clicking only audible to other survivors

  • i hard disagree, the moment i see a flashlight squad i put on lightborn HELL even if i see only one person with it i put it on

    and if they are dumb and equip it in lobby just dodge

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026559#Comment_3026559

    if they are using flashlights then they aren't doing gens which is in your favor.

    That’s true to a degree, but still drives me insane because of Total lack of protection from abuse it has. 4 survivors flash lighting you after a pallet stun is about 40 seconds of pain.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026560#Comment_3026560

    If they are doing gens while the killer wastes 40+ seconds getting a down, and then spend 4 seconds running over and getting a flashlight rescue, that is not in the killer's favor. The killer's time is 4x more valuable, not 10x less.

    Just give the killer a perk that exposes survivors who blind killer locked in an animation, and make the clicking only audible to other survivors

    If they spend as little as 4 seconds getting off the gen to secure a flashlight save, they're a freaking god at the game anyway, and they deserve to be rewarded.

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    i hard disagree, the moment i see a flashlight squad i put on lightborn HELL even if i see only one person with it i put it on

    and if they are dumb and equip it in lobby just dodge

    I don’t have it on everyone because the blood webs hate me

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026560#Comment_3026560

    That’s true to a degree, but still drives me insane because of Total lack of protection from abuse it has. 4 survivors flash lighting you after a pallet stun is about 40 seconds of pain.

    ..I mean.

    Does it happen often that all four survivors are flashlighting you at a pallet?

    Is that worse than the dude just running after the pallet drop while everyone just pumps gens?

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026580#Comment_3026580

    ..I mean.

    Does it happen often that all four survivors are flashlighting you at a pallet?

    Is that worse than the dude just running after the pallet drop while everyone just pumps gens?

    Yes. I’ve had it happen twice today. Two in front and two behind. It seems they may get extra points for the “Evader” emblem, but I’m not sure.

  • At least with flashlight "bullying" you know your loss is because of your skill.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026588#Comment_3026588

    Yes. I’ve had it happen twice today. Two in front and two behind. It seems they may get extra points for the “Evader” emblem, but I’m not sure.

    That sounds like literally none of them are playing the game.

    Can I trade matches with you? That sounds hilarious.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026553#Comment_3026553

    Then tell me all magical one. How do I stop them from constantly hiding near pallets with flashlights? What skill should I master for that? I’ve done mindgames and blocked loops with certain killers. Yet it seems to me that the only effective way is to use a single perk or to stare at the sky like a turkey.

    Lightborn. You master it by putting it in your loadout at the beginning of the game when you see three Neas with flashlights and skull masks in the lobby, and it gives you free hits all game.

    Alternatively, try the following:

    Learn to stare at walls or at least away from open areas when picking up a survivor. Learn to avoid the flashlight when carrying. There's a small window where you can't avoid being blinded if they hit you directly at just the right angle, but everything beyond that is in your power, and you can avoid being blinded during that window by looking around for people before you pick a survivor up off the ground.

    If someone is following you around with a flashlight, be sure and smack them before picking up a downed survivor. If it's especially bad, slug a couple of people first.

    If you can't hear the survivors moving because of the flashlight sound, that's because the survivor is not moving. He is still standing a meter away from you and wasting his flashlight battery. When he stops, you will be able to hear him moving around. It's easy once you practice a little.

    Remember that you can set down survivors if you think you don't have a chance to make it to the hook, and if you're really getting your ass beat by a bully squad, feel free to just slugging, facecamping, and just generally making life miserable for your opponents. They'll enjoy the game much less. I had a game earlier today where they just spent all game following me around (all four of them) ignoring gens and just going for saves. They took turns on the ground as my pet slug for fifteen minutes while one of them finished all the gens in the background. I only got a 1K, but I'm sure I frustrated them some. (I probably could have done better if I'd tried, but I threw the game doing that instead.)

    As others have said, the more of them that are going for flashlight saves, the less of them are doing gens. Pallet camping is in your favor, because it wastes pallets, and they waste time blinding you when they should be running away. Pretty soon, all the pallets are gone, and so is their entire squad.

    Also, Franklin's and Starstruck aren't bad. Forced Penance is great for punishing bodyblocking (which these squads also tend to do). The latter is becoming one of my favorite perks.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026559#Comment_3026559

    Lightborn. You master it by putting it in your loadout at the beginning of the game when you see three Neas with flashlights and skull masks in the lobby, and it gives you free hits all game.

    Alternatively, try the following:

    Learn to stare at walls or at least away from open areas when picking up a survivor. Learn to avoid the flashlight when carrying. There's a small window where you can't avoid being blinded if they hit you directly at just the right angle, but everything beyond that is in your power, and you can avoid being blinded during that window by looking around for people before you pick a survivor up off the ground.

    If someone is following you around with a flashlight, be sure and smack them before picking up a downed survivor. If it's especially bad, slug a couple of people first.

    If you can't hear the survivors moving because of the flashlight sound, that's because the survivor is not moving. He is still standing a meter away from you and wasting his flashlight battery. When he stops, you will be able to hear him moving around. It's easy once you practice a little.

    Remember that you can set down survivors if you think you don't have a chance to make it to the hook, and if you're really getting your ass beat by a bully squad, feel free to just slugging, facecamping, and just generally making life miserable for your opponents. They'll enjoy the game much less. I had a game earlier today where they just spent all game following me around (all four of them) ignoring gens and just going for saves. They took turns on the ground as my pet slug for fifteen minutes while one of them finished all the gens in the background. I only got a 1K, but I'm sure I frustrated them some. (I probably could have done better if I'd tried, but I threw the game doing that instead.)

    As others have said, the more of them that are going for flashlight saves, the less of them are doing gens. Pallet camping is in your favor, because it wastes pallets, and they waste time blinding you when they should be running away. Pretty soon, all the pallets are gone, and so is their entire squad.

    Also, Franklin's and Starstruck aren't bad. Forced Penance is great for punishing bodyblocking (which these squads also tend to do). The latter is becoming one of my favorite perks.

    I actually do most of this. Sadly most people say “it’s a skill issue”. It’s not when the survivors are actively trying to do this. No skill will help me if survivors go out of there way to do this, but I do appreciate the advice and help. I’ll try to practice on my turning.

    Also I do have ST and LB but sadly my blood webs have giving me nothing good for half my killers.

  • "Also, for the killers who constantly say “use noise to find them” that doesn’t help when they all I can hear is the blinding effect of WooooooOOOOO constantly."

    Then dont look at the flashlight like a moth. Look down while they blind you to avoid getting chain-blinded. You will still have the sound effect, but you wont be blinded anymore, you will also know where they are and at some point, you will see their feet, which makes it possible to hit them.

    "Flashlight users also just do happen to be Pallet campers as well. Sitting near a pallet loop killers definitely can’t abuse (heavy sarcasm)."

    This is the best scenario. They are camping a pallet instead of going to the next loop and blinding at Pallets is also such a waste of potential distance.


    In general, Flashlight-Squads are the best thing to go against, you will most likely win against those, since they dont care about their Objective.

    And, when I compare it to camping, camping is worse - you will have one Survivor who did not get to play at all, who will leave the game without many BPs. And the other Survivors are also limited in their BP-gain, since they have to stick to Gens and cannot get Altruism or Chase-Points. However, as Killer who has to deal with Flashlights, you can still leave the game with a 4K and tons of BPs.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "Also, for the killers who constantly say “use noise to find them” that doesn’t help when they all I can hear is the blinding effect of WooooooOOOOO constantly."

    Then dont look at the flashlight like a moth. Look down while they blind you to avoid getting chain-blinded. You will still have the sound effect, but you wont be blinded anymore, you will also know where they are and at some point, you will see their feet, which makes it possible to hit them.

    "Flashlight users also just do happen to be Pallet campers as well. Sitting near a pallet loop killers definitely can’t abuse (heavy sarcasm)."

    This is the best scenario. They are camping a pallet instead of going to the next loop and blinding at Pallets is also such a waste of potential distance.

    In general, Flashlight-Squads are the best thing to go against, you will most likely win against those, since they dont care about their Objective.

    And, when I compare it to camping, camping is worse - you will have one Survivor who did not get to play at all, who will leave the game without many BPs. And the other Survivors are also limited in their BP-gain, since they have to stick to Gens and cannot get Altruism or Chase-Points. However, as Killer who has to deal with Flashlights, you can still leave the game with a 4K and tons of BPs.

    I personally have better odds against full tool kit squads. Since I run CI and either Pop or Overcharge.

    Looking down has never helped me. It still blinds me most of the time.

  • If it's that much of a problem use lightborn.

  • Put on your sunglasses

  • Best part of flashlight is double locker.