I'll say it, the changes FIX NOTHING or improve game health.
Camping: this hasnt been addressed at all, while theres many ways to go about this from rewarding hooks to punishing the killer. We got neither and if anything these changes encourage it, longer gens, faster recovery while nerfing gen regression perks which force killers away.
Fast gens, especially early game: increased gen time, while this is nice it doesnt fix core issues such as losing X amount of gen progress before you even get a hook and rewarding the killer for downs. Yet we nerfed gen regression and gave no early game defense or rewards for hooks. So gen defense perks will still be used especially at high mmr because you haven't built it in base while nerfing the gen defense.
Tunneling: addressed a little with the base baby BT but that last a fee seconds which killers will wait out (like the current BT) but you have now nerfed DS so the tunnel isnt as punishing especially at endgame. Smarter decision would be to encourage them to go after the saver especially at endgame.
I dont get why so many people are giving such high praise? I dont see any issues actually fixed, camping and tunneling will still exist and be the same if not easier and more rewarding. Fast gens and early gen progress will still exist as you dont have any base regression/rewards for hooks nor do you have anything to stop survivors spawning on separate gens and working on them.
The devs understand the issues at hand but didnt actually fix/stop them.
While it's still early and we need to wait for a long period even after the ptb I dont see it changing much
Comments
I'm speaking from a solo survivor perspective, but all this patch did was buff killers to compete better against SWF. Lower tier killers like trapper, myers etc will still struggle against SWF.
With all these changes, and no improvements to solo q (no, basekit BT is not enough), the only people who will do fine are mid to top tier killers and SWF.
I think the reason there's so many praise on the forums is because killer mains on here are more vocal. The same people that spammed the forums with "nerf DH" are the same ones praising the patch.
I think it’s a bit premature to draw these conclusions. We don’t know how all this will play out until the changes go live.
I’ve been critical of the devs about certain things, but this is a real attempt to try to shake up the way the game is played and I appreciate that.
Reading through the descriptions of all the perk changes, the only thing that really bothered me was the removal of BP bonuses for BBQ and WGLF. Those bonuses in no way affected the way the game is played and were used by players like me who wanted to use a perk slot to get more BP out of my matches. BHVR decided to take away those bonuses just because they felt like it, giving us the reasons why they thought it was a good idea rather than referring to anything that the players were asking for.
they srsly need to bring back the BP bonuses for WGLF
i always ran it & always gave me a reason to always take a hit or go for the unhooks
it promotes players to be a helping hand + more BP
its scummy since it really does feel like they just took it out just cause like ??
Well I'm a solo Q survivor, actually main survivor pretty much now and I asked for a DH nerf and I think the changes suck.
If anything killer got hurt far more in this patch and all the changes just make camping and tunneling a better strat which I'm completely against, I'd rather verse strong gen regression than camping lol
I think the removal of them is the least worrying, even you said they didnt impact gameplay at all so whether they're there or not the actual gameplay is what matters and they didnt address those issues.
The grind for perks has definitely been made less, grind for items not so much lol
Thank God, I was sick of being farmed
I am not dev but i have better solutions. At least i will not nerf perks like Calm Spirit, Pharmacy
Base-kit BT = 10 seconds. Survivor will get 7% haste and they will lose collision. So they can not bodyblock killer and they can not be bodyblocked by killer. BT will not work at end game.
DS = Now it will work for both hook states with reduced timer (40 seconds). DS will not work at end game. Stun time is 5 seconds. (BT and DS changes should fix tunnelling)
Camping Fix = I really don't know how to fix that. M1 killers should not be hard but we have killers like Bubba, Billy, Huntress, Trickster etc. So i have not clue how we would fix camping.
Early Game Mechanic for Killers = All gens will be slower 100% (It will be 180 seconds to finish them). This effect will stay in game only start of trial (120 seconds only). So with this effect, killer will not lose 3 gens and early game pressure. And kicking gens will remove 5% progression for default.
I mean maybe some of them can be op but my suggestions are actually trying to fix issues. So numbers can change after we test stuffs on PTB.
They removed the BP bonuses from WGLF and BBQ because they didn't want players to feel required to run specific perks to earn more BP.
They didn't make those bonus conditions basekit because they're theoretically reducing the grind (players will need less BP to unlock perks).
BHVR didn't take into account that many people find earning stacks fun and that these bonus conditions encourage healthy gameplay on both sides. Whether or not the bonus BP is necessary is irrelevant: it improved the gameplay experience. It should have been made basekit, adding a HUD element that shows players the stacks they've earned during the match. This change sucks. Players no longer have the option of being rewarded for plays that are better for other players but riskier for escaping/killing, and they no longer get the feeling of accomplishment by earning stacks.
yes it was always satisfying earning the 4 stacks whether i died or not
when i use to play killer i would run this build on all my killers: BBQ, PWYF & STBFL
something about stacks and seeing the numbers... just scratches a weird itch in gaming for me
seems like they just want efficient gameplay which is so boring.
I like most of the changes.
I'm particularly happy about the Corrupt Intervention change.
I'm just gonna say I play mostly pinhead, a glorified M1 killer with weak antiloop and I don't feel like all killers need basekit buffs, maybe low tier killers like trapper but not every killer, especially with longer repair times
Imo it's already easier to play killer than solo Q, it's less frustrating overall, you get a lot more blood points even in bad games, camping/tunneling/slugging is obnoxious, NOED every game... multiple nurse/blight/huntress games in a row, like seriously it's already BAD
maybe focusing on fun factor is better than focusing on "higher kill rates"
To be fair, i dont think they were trying to resolve the issues that youre talking about. These things are definitely problems that need addressed, but if you look at the changes, this was strictly a 'change up the perks that get used the most' pass.
A lot of this backlash can be chalked up to bad (or lack of) PR on BHVRs part. They kinda built up the hype like they were going to address these issues when that was never the intention with this update, nor should it have been. Fixing some of the core problems cant be done simply by tweaking some perk numbers. They would be better off if they came out n said something like "were gonna make some changes to perks, see how that goes, then come thru with another pass to fix some core mechanics accordingly". Thats how i would do it, anyway.
Don't blame BHVR, that's the environment survivors created.