It's weird to buff bloodlust after saying repeatedly for a very long time that you want to remove it

And saying repeatedly for a very long time that you had no interest in extending gen times.

I know things can change over time but it's such about face on two huge factors of the game, it feels like whiplash.

Edit: I cannot find the devs saying they would like to eventually remove bloodlust. I think I'm misremembering. Sorry for the inaccurate information.

Comments

  • They said they didnt want to extend gen times because it was boring to just hold m1 even longer.

    We even had test days without bloodlust to see if removing it would be too much and then they buff it.... not only buff it, but buff hit recovery, buff breaking pallets........ why?

  • I must admit this surprised me as well, but it also goes to show that map design is the biggest issue in the game currently because the only time you get BL2-3 is at god windows, which should never exist even with breakable walls.

  • As it turns out: they were likely not actually playing killer very much and made various edicts based 100% on a survivor experience perspective. Nobody who's played this game for more than a dozen hours is surprised.

  • When did they say they want to remove Bloodlust? Never saw that, you have a source for me?

  • @Adjatha said:

    As it turns out: they were likely not actually playing killer very much and made various edicts based 100% on a survivor experience perspective. Nobody who's played this game for more than a dozen hours is surprised.

    I have 5500+ hours and I am surprised bloodlust got buffed.

  • The devs have never explicitly said they were going to remove bloodlust. All they did was did a weekend test with bloodlust off to see if it was still necessary. Turns out they think it's still needed.

  • Because with how awful maps are in this game, Bloodlust is needed.

  • They also said they wanted to curb hook camping and look what the hook fairy left us under the pillow...

  • @Mooks said:

    When did they say they want to remove Bloodlust? Never saw that, you have a source for me?

    No I don't have a specific source. But they have said multiple times in Q&A's that they would like to eventually remove bloodlust.

    @Marigoria said:

    They said they didnt want to extend gen times because it was boring to just hold m1 even longer.

    We even had test days without bloodlust to see if removing it would be too much and then they buff it.... not only buff it, but buff hit recovery, buff breaking pallets........ why?

    Lots of very strange decisions in this update. Big day for camping killers, tho!

  • @Mooks said:

    When did they say they want to remove Bloodlust? Never saw that, you have a source for me?

    They literally had a week where they removed Bloodlust from the game entirely, as a 'test' to see if it was still needed.

    Their justification was "we're not good at making maps and so we put bloodlust in so a survivor couldn't loop a killer forever. Now that we're redoing maps a bunch, maybe we got it right and we don't need bloodlust? Let's try."

    And, shockingly, they haven't gotten any better at making maps. But rather than actually fix the maps, now they're just slightly buffing T2 and T3 bloodlust.

    @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017013#Comment_3017013

    I have 5500+ hours and I am surprised bloodlust got buffed.

    They didn't buff T1, which is the only one that matters in 99% of all situations. If you get to T2 or T3, you've got a matchmaking failure, where a new killer is being run by, oh I don't know, somebody with 5500+ hours in the game.

  • Because they saw the data and dying killer population, and realised they need new killers too, not just new survivors?

    Perhaps the bloodlust test showed the game was not ready to remove bloodlust

  • @Sludge said:

    Because they saw the data and dying killer population, and realised they need new killers too, not just new survivors?

    Perhaps the bloodlust test showed the game was not ready to remove bloodlust

    One thing is not being ready to be removed another thing is buffing it.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017016#Comment_3017016

    They literally had a week where they removed Bloodlust from the game entirely, as a 'test' to see if it was still needed.

    Their justification was "we're not good at making maps and so we put bloodlust in so a survivor couldn't loop a killer forever. Now that we're redoing maps a bunch, maybe we got it right and we don't need bloodlust? Let's try."

    And, shockingly, they haven't gotten any better at making maps. But rather than actually fix the maps, now they're just slightly buffing T2 and T3 bloodlust.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017021#Comment_3017021

    They didn't buff T1, which is the only one that matters in 99% of all situations. If you get to T2 or T3, you've got a matchmaking failure, where a new killer is being run by, oh I don't know, somebody with 5500+ hours in the game.

    But did they actually say that or are you putting words into their mouth?

    iirc they stated the test was to establish what effects BL has on matches, but it was never the direct intention to remove it. I guess the changes we are now about to see are the actual result of that test.

    don’t take community speculation as dev confirmed info.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017042#Comment_3017042

    One thing is not being ready to be removed another thing is buffing it.

    Have you seen the new maps

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017016#Comment_3017016

    No I don't have a specific source. But they have said multiple times in Q&A's that they would like to eventually remove bloodlust.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016998#Comment_3016998

    Lots of very strange decisions in this update. Big day for camping killers, tho!

    Eh. Don’t believe that until I see it. I usually try to stay informed on these Q&As and really don’t remember that stated. Otherwise it would have been brought up more often by the community as an example of devs not keeping their word

  • @Sludge said:

    Because they saw the data and dying killer population, and realised they need new killers too, not just new survivors?

    Perhaps the bloodlust test showed the game was not ready to remove bloodlust

    Thats why in Europe during morning and evening Killers have queues since at least a month and they last until 21:00 or so when Survivors start to get queues and peak around 23:00.

  • Yes I have, still no need to buff bloodlust AND everything else they buffed in basekit chase for killers.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017037#Comment_3017037

    But did they actually say that or are you putting words into their mouth?

    iirc they stated the test was to establish what effects BL has on matches, but it was never the direct intention to remove it. I guess the changes we are now about to see are the actual result of that test.

    don’t take community speculation as dev confirmed info.

    The actual quote is "Many believe it is no longer necessary."

  • Genuinely disappointed to see it buffed like why

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017013#Comment_3017013

    I have 5500+ hours and I am surprised bloodlust got buffed.

    Buffing bloodlust is a joke.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017063#Comment_3017063

    The actual quote is "Many believe it is no longer necessary."

    Many (devs) or many (in the community)?

    either way, that’s a huge difference to OPs claim.

  • You guys are really getting destroyed by killers in T3 bloodlust huh

  • @Sludge said:

    You guys are really getting destroyed by killers in T3 bloodlust huh

    Not about being destroyed, killers didn't need gens speed to be higher AND getting their chase power buffed. It's an addictive of everything together.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    What was the buff?

    D0CD9748-EB1C-4AC6-B519-4A8FCC576D1D.jpeg

    Here

  • It's weird because ages ago they nerfed level 2 and 3 bloodlust and now they're just reverting that?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017030#Comment_3017030

    Eh. Don’t believe that until I see it. I usually try to stay informed on these Q&As and really don’t remember that stated. Otherwise it would have been brought up more often by the community as an example of devs not keeping their word

    I think you're right and I'm misremembering. I edited the original post.

  • @Krazzik said:

    It's weird because ages ago they nerfed level 2 and 3 bloodlust and now they're just reverting that?

    There's a ton of nerfs that are in dire need of reverting (cough cough Deathslinger cough), so literally seeing ANYTHING go back to the pre-borked state is good news.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017069#Comment_3017069

    I think you're right and I'm misremembering. I edited the original post.

    thanks! And don’t worry we all misremember stuff here and there sometimes, that’s why i asked as i wasn’t super sure either.

  • @Sludge said:

    You guys are really getting destroyed by killers in T3 bloodlust huh

    Not really, because almost nobody gets to BL3 in normal gameplay, who gets to BL2 or BL3 in normal gameplay on a normal basis? awful Killers, do awful Killers need to be spoonfed even more or should they try to break the damn godpallet instead of waiting for BL3?

    Dont get me wrong, this buff is pointless for me because, and Im being 100% honest here, as Survivor I cant remember the last time I saw a Killer at BL3 and as Killer I dont think I ever got to BL3 myself during normal gameplay, even BL2 is rare, I think I can count it with the fingers of my hand the times I get BL2 in a month but I dont think the people who depends a lot on BL2 and BL3 should be encouraged to keep depending on it, nobody but very players need to reach it out of extremely rare or fringe cases and they shouldnt be encouraged to keep playing poorly.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017133#Comment_3017133

    Not really, because almost nobody gets to BL3 in normal gameplay, who gets to BL2 or BL3 in normal gameplay on a normal basis? awful Killers, do awful Killers need to be spoonfed even more or should they try to break the damn godpallet instead of waiting for BL3?

    Dont get me wrong, this buff is pointless for me because, and Im being 100% honest here, as Survivor I cant remember the last time I saw a Killer at BL3 and as Killer I dont think I ever got to BL3 myself during normal gameplay, even BL2 is rare, I think I can count it with the fingers of my hand the times I get BL2 in a month but I dont think the people who depends a lot on BL2 and BL3 should be encouraged to keep depending on it, nobody but very players need to reach it out of extremely rare or fringe cases and they shouldnt be encouraged to keep playing poorly.

    Oh so we all know bloodlust is basically a non factor but we're gatekeeping baby killers. Got it.

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017187#Comment_3017187

    Oh so we all know bloodlust is basically not a factor but we're gatekeeping baby killers. Got it.

    There is also the thing where they said they wanted to get rid of it eventually after they balanced the maps and get rid of infinites which is what weirded a lot of people, myself included, its weird to waste time and resources on something you want to get rid off.

    And most people probably think similar to me seeing as most threads in the forum are complains about most of the other changes, the BL buffs barely have any threads at all so people dont see them as important.

  • The killer changes seem targeted at low to mid skill level killers i.e. players that need to bloodlust a lot for hits, don't zone before breaking pallets, etc. The devs are trying to make killer more accessible for players who don't want to nerd out on every finer detail of killer play. Nothing wrong with that, but these buffs are going to create a circus in the hands of top killer players.

  • @Marigoria said:

    They said they didnt want to extend gen times because it was boring to just hold m1 even longer.

    We even had test days without bloodlust to see if removing it would be too much and then they buff it.... not only buff it, but buff hit recovery, buff breaking pallets........ why?

    Because playing killer feels like a chore and a mean uphill battle and they madly needed some breathing room! Not saying that you couldn't win, but it was way too easy for survivors to fool the killer all game with nearly no chance to get even.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016998#Comment_3016998

    Because playing killer feels like a chore and a mean uphill battle and they madly needed some breathing room! Not saying that you couldn't win, but it was way too easy for survivors to fool the killer all game with nearly no chance to get even.

    It's not "easy" for survivors. It's easy for SWF.

    Solo Q exists, I know right??? weird, since everyone forgets about it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DwightKrackers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016998#Comment_3016998

    Imagine that . . . 🤔

    Making a 'Killer' more efficient at KILLING 🤩

    ". . . Why?"

    If that's a real question you have bigger problems to work out mate.

    Yea I got bigger problems, fortunately making baseless ignorant replies isnt one of them.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @DwightKrackers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017288#Comment_3017288

    Ah, fail to make a sensible response and resort to insults 🤣

    "Yea I got bigger problems"

    Indeed you do 🤡

    It's funny how you decide to reply with the most unintelligent thing you could think of to my post and then cry about me replying to you the same way.

    Don't give what you can't take.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017192#Comment_3017192

    There is also the thing where they said they wanted to get rid of it eventually after they balanced the maps and get rid of infinites which is what weirded a lot of people, myself included, its weird to waste time and resources on something you want to get rid off.

    And most people probably think similar to me seeing as most threads in the forum are complains about most of the other changes, the BL buffs barely have any threads at all so people dont see them as important.

    There is also the thing where they said they wanted to get rid of it eventually after they balanced the maps

    are you sure they said that? Or was that maybe just community speculation or just a consideration by the devs which was never directly confirmed?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017217#Comment_3017217

    There is also the thing where they said they wanted to get rid of it eventually after they balanced the maps

    are you sure they said that? Or was that maybe just community speculation or just a consideration by the devs which was never directly confirmed?

    They said that but it was long ago, obviusly opinions can change and what they wanted to get rid off now they want to keep it.

  • @Adjatha said:

    As it turns out: they were likely not actually playing killer very much and made various edicts based 100% on a survivor experience perspective. Nobody who's played this game for more than a dozen hours is surprised.

    well, there are a lot of things that were added on killer side, in fact, 90% of buffs were given to killers in the first 2 years, and 80% of nerfs were given to survivors the first 2 years. Then it was made clear that certain killers could tunnel and camp and still get 4k's, which was around 2019. A lot of people claim these were the best years, but they were super boring from a survivor experience. So they nerfed toolboxes and then altered the meta to be more enjoyable. Tunneling and camping was still super taxing, but only on 1 of the survivors, rather than all 4, if they played as a team. Now they made chasing multiple survivors a lot easier, while tunneling harder. Facecamping with Bubba is still possible tho, wonder when they are gonna fix that.

  • devs are dumb as #########.


    lets reward you for holding w at a loop, we give u buffed bloodlust.


    also BHVR


    we dont like that survivors hold W