Next patch and solo q experience

Hey, we got patch notes of the upcoming patch, it got ups and downs but let's take a look at the downside because I can't be anymore unthankful at this point

As an average solo player this patch sounds like hell, I mean I'm gonna have a hard time repairing gens, looping and self caring in a corner

From the sound of it chases will be much easier, 10% faster recovery speed after hitting a survivor and survivor's burst into speed after getting a hit is also reduced by 10%, that's a big deal, Brutal strength basekit now imagine bringing Brutal strength perk and being 25% faster at breaking pallets and breakable walls

DS is much less of a 2nd chance perk now, it's just an anti tunnel perk and it no longer works at the end game

Maybe I should consider changing my side, what do you think? Am I overreacting?

Comments

  • DS is still not an anti tunnel perk. It would be if it activated after both hook stages, and now with only 3seconds stun... good luck not getting tunneled ig

    And no you're not overreacting. This is a slap in the face for solo players, again.

  • I'd probably give it a fair shake first and see what comes of it. A lot of perks related to info denying to the killer got attention, so what the average solo survivor's toolkit looks like might change dramatically and not be limited to "Well I want to bring X, but if I don't load up on every second chance perk available I'll never escape" logic

  • No, you are not overreacting, soloq is doomed. It is nearly impossible now, would be completely impossible in future (unless they remove camping and tunneling, but looks like they will not)

  • Yes, you're overreacting.

    You get basekit BT + speedboost after unhooking + off the record grants the BT protection for 80 seconds (no, that's not a typo) and can be used twice.

  • Don't play solo Q after next update. You're not overreacting. Next update, you get found first, you ain't getting off that hook.

    You don't get found first, you get to hold m1 for longer.

    Have fun in the fog.

  • No, I don’t think you’re overreacting. I expect more disconnects, yolo hooks, and all other types of BS.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Yes, you're overreacting.

    You get basekit BT + speedboost after unhooking + off the record grants the BT protection for 80 seconds (no, that's not a typo) and can be used twice.

    Fine bud, but I don't think 7% haste and endurance for 5 second is going to make me invincible, and do you think killer is going to wait 80 second for endurance to run out? It'll work best at the end game situations but not during the match

  • @BeccaDenson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016878#Comment_3016878

    Fine bud, but I don't think 7% haste and endurance for 5 second is going to make me invincible, and do you think killer is going to wait 80 second for endurance to run out? It'll work best at the end game situations but not during the match

    He won't wait it out. But instead wait for the usual BT cooldown only to hit it anyway and cause the additional health state.

  • @BeccaDenson said:

    Hey, we got patch notes of the upcoming patch, it got ups and downs but let's take a look at the downside because I can't be anymore unthankful at this point

    As an average solo player this patch sounds like hell, I mean I'm gonna have a hard time repairing gens, looping and self caring in a corner

    From the sound of it chases will be much easier, 10% faster recovery speed after hitting a survivor and survivor's burst into speed after getting a hit is also reduced by 10%, that's a big deal, Brutal strength basekit now imagine bringing Brutal strength perk and being 25% faster at breaking pallets and breakable walls

    DS is much less of a 2nd chance perk now, it's just an anti tunnel perk and it no longer works at the end game

    Maybe I should consider changing my side, what do you think? Am I overreacting?

    As somone who plays solo I don’t even want to imagine what this game is going to be like :/ painful very very painful

  • When this crap will be rolled out? Looks like it's my final chance to try to get Rank 1, and I'm already stuck at gold 3 (depiped 6 matches in a row, with 5 facecampers straight)

  • @Tsulan said:

    Yes, you're overreacting.

    You get basekit BT + speedboost after unhooking + off the record grants the BT protection for 80 seconds (no, that's not a typo) and can be used twice.

    But it doesn't counter facecamp, killer can ignore unhooked player and hooktrade forever

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016952#Comment_3016952

    He won't wait it out. But instead wait for the usual BT cooldown only to hit it anyway and cause the additional health state.

    Ok, I guess we should wait to find out how it works

  • Clown Queue is doomed, either look for a SWF, switch to Killer or quit the game.

  • maybe this is bhvr's solution to people complaining about swf, just make solo survivor unplayable so now swf is the baseline for how strong teams are lol

  • Message I'm getting from this patch is if you play solo then you should go play killer, if you want to play survivor you need to get your friends to play for a swf. They won't need to bring solo survivor up to swf if they just kill solo survivor.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    maybe this is bhvr's solution to people complaining about swf, just make solo survivor unplayable so now swf is the baseline for how strong teams are lol

    Yeah, like getting tunnelled/facecamped in solo q wasn't enough to make our life miserable

    Making game more challenging for swfs but more unplayable for solo q players

    I already have tons of unfun hours playing solo, this will bring it to the next level

  • They wanted keep killers in game because they were leaving. And yeah game is not fun against SWFs.


    So they wanted boosts their kills with solos. Nobody should play solo after this patch drop.

  • the 80 seconds get cancelled if you breathe, pretty much... so meh

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016878#Comment_3016878

    But it doesn't counter facecamp, killer can ignore unhooked player and hooktrade forever

    This solved tunneling to a certain degree.

    Do you also want protection for the unhooking survivor, like BT did years ago, that made rescues riskless or what?

    The devs are not happy with the kill rates. They are much lower than expected. This event probably also doesn't help. Unless someone gives up and suicides/dc it's most of the time a 3 or 4 man escape.

  • Off the record is cracked

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017058#Comment_3017058

    This solved tunneling to a certain degree.

    Do you also want protection for the unhooking survivor, like BT did years ago, that made rescues riskless or what?

    The devs are not happy with the kill rates. They are much lower than expected. This event probably also doesn't help. Unless someone gives up and suicides/dc it's most of the time a 3 or 4 man escape.

    I think it is necessary to distinguish between swf kill rates and solo kill rates though too. The devs have said themselves that swf escape rates are far far higher than solo escape rates. So yeah, they feel the kill rates are that bit too low for killers but I'd wager most of those kills are solo players, and any increase to kill rates will come from the solo pool of players.

    The devs seem to want to balance things between killers and swfs, and solo basically just has to like it or lump it. I've been trying to reserve judgement until we see the new changes in action but I'm definitely bummed at the moment.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018633#Comment_3018633

    I think it is necessary to distinguish between swf kill rates and solo kill rates though too. The devs have said themselves that swf escape rates are far far higher than solo escape rates. So yeah, they feel the kill rates are that bit too low for killers but I'd wager most of those kills are solo players, and any increase to kill rates will come from the solo pool of players.

    The devs seem to want to balance things between killers and swfs, and solo basically just has to like it or lump it. I've been trying to reserve judgement until we see the new changes in action but I'm definitely bummed at the moment.

    Then we have the situation that the amount of SWF vs Solos is so high, that it significantly affects the kill rates. Which would then require harsh nerfs for SWF.

    Or solos aren´t in such a bad spot as most people on this forum try to claim.

    Can´t be both.

  • Solo escape rate is probably 60% and SWF 90% lmao

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018847#Comment_3018847

    Then we have the situation that the amount of SWF vs Solos is so high, that it significantly affects the kill rates. Which would then require harsh nerfs for SWF.

    Or solos aren´t in such a bad spot as most people on this forum try to claim.

    Can´t be both.

    It's not just people on this forum. The devs themselves have said the stats show a higher death rate for solo players over swf, as well as solo players being far more likely to be left to die on hook when matched with swfs. So their own data show your chances of survival increase when you are part of a swf, and decrease on your own.

  • @bm33 said:

    Message I'm getting from this patch is if you play solo then you should go play killer, if you want to play survivor you need to get your friends to play for a swf. They won't need to bring solo survivor up to swf if they just kill solo survivor.

    The thing is I think BHVR fails to realize that some people don't want to SWF. I do and I don't. Some days I just want to be quiet and play the game by myself. I don't necessarily want to SWF every match.

    Edited to add I got this game because there was an option to solo q. You didn't HAVE to play with friends in order to do ok in the game. Now it just seems impossible.

  • @Sludge said:

    Solo escape rate is probably 60% and SWF 90% lmao

    If that is true, why kill rates are higher than 50% always? Even killers like Myers, Trapper, Pig have good rates.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018871#Comment_3018871

    It's not just people on this forum. The devs themselves have said the stats show a higher death rate for solo players over swf, as well as solo players being far more likely to be left to die on hook when matched with swfs. So their own data show your chances of survival increase when you are part of a swf, and decrease on your own.

    And yet, the escape rates are to high.

    Strange, how they didn´t provide any actual data.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018891#Comment_3018891

    If that is true, why kill rates are higher than 50% always? Even killers like Myers, Trapper, Pig have good rates.

    Kill rates have been dropping 15-20% in the last 2 years. Last stats are over half a year old. But when the devs see it necessary to say, that the escape rates are higher than expected. Then the situation must be really bad for killers.

    Just think of how the current event goes. I constantly see gates powered while the killer had 3-4 hooks.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018919#Comment_3018919

    Kill rates have been dropping 15-20% in the last 2 years. Last stats are over half a year old. But when the devs see it necessary to say, that the escape rates are higher than expected. Then the situation must be really bad for killers.

    Just think of how the current event goes. I constantly see gates powered while the killer had 3-4 hooks.

    And devs said SWF has more escapes than solos (+15% difference between them). So this changes are good for killers but this is not going to fix main issues. SWF did not touched but solos will have worse games. Solos will escape less, if they are planning boost kills with solos, this is not good way to go.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018945#Comment_3018945

    And devs said SWF has more escapes than solos (+15% difference between them). So this changes are good for killers but this is not going to fix main issues. SWF did not touched but solos will have worse games. Solos will escape less, if they are planning boost kills with solos, this is not good way to go.

    We would need to know how solo escape rate is.

  • I am planning to ask on next Q&A, if we get any.