So satisfying when Otz's Law takes effect

Poor DCer received a little blade spam while Mikaela hook rushed her with Main Event available. Guess she didn't want to stick around for double BP on Fractured Cowshed. I actually didn't even know they burned a map offering until I reached the scoreboard. GG Nea 2.0!

Otz's Law.jpg


Comments

  • Who's being racist?

  • Why are we making fun of people using map offerings now? I don't get it. Apparently survivors want easy games if they use an Coldwin, Badham, RPD, The Game (or any indoor map), Crotus Penn, Ormond and Eyrie of Crows offering. Now I'm also seeing someone is making fun about a SWF taking them to MacMillan?? Like, I rarely see people making fun of killers using map offerings that favor their killers, like Nurse or Blight on Autohaven, Wraith on indoor maps etc, so why is it so bad when survivors do it?

    Besides there are probably many other reasons to use a map offering like, they like the map or they are tired of getting the same maps during this boost to the 'favorite' maps. Like, in one session I got Coal Tower 5 times in one session and just wanted a different map. Also she's playing a new survivor, and she's probably just trying to use the offerings before she prestiges.

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991035#Comment_2991035

    whats wrong with the nickname, also by correlating people calling her ugly to her ethnicity it makes you seem to be messed up. dont correlate that stuff, also nea was ugly not even close to being because of her ethnicity. the designs in this game for characters arent that attractive and neither should they be. just try and shift that mindset because its very unhealthy

    @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990856#Comment_2990856

    How is them being a POC relevant? We really out here grasping at straws to be mad?

    "Hattie Mae" is a black person and referring Haddie to her is generalizing POC people which is wrong and can result offensive to people who identifies with her or has the same ethnicity, Haddie isn't black she's Indian

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991163#Comment_2991163

    If there was a map offering and someone dc's in the match then it was the person who used the offering that dc'd.

    Otz noticed the connection and came up with the term as there's not really a quick way to say it so, Otz law. It also happens to be true a lot of the time as well, at least in my experience. Be sure to check it out yourself if given the chance.

    Perhaps it's because players put on a map offering after a few bad games in an attempt to have a better game, only (in this case) to be farmed off the hook. At that point they've had enough and DC.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Poor Hattie Mae (the DCer) received a little blade spam while Mikaela hook rushed her with Main Event available. Guess she didn't want to stick around for double BP on Fractured Cowshed. I actually didn't even know they burned a map offering until I reached the scoreboard. GG Nea 2.0!

    Edit: To be clear no actual player name is being provided. Hattie Mae is my name for Haddie.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QHAY7FZKQA3A/otz-27s-law.jpg

    "Nea 2.0"

    Listen I know nostalgias powerdul but please get out of 2018

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990959#Comment_2990959

    Because that's how a gorgeous person out of eurocentric beauty standards looks and people have been calling her ugly in all ways or overused the unfunny "nea 2.0" joke, plus the hattie mae nickname, she's not black she's indian

    I don't know if you are racist or are horrible at explaining yourself.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    Why are we making fun of people using map offerings now? I don't get it. Apparently survivors want easy games if they use an Coldwin, Badham, RPD, The Game (or any indoor map), Crotus Penn, Ormond and Eyrie of Crows offering. Now I'm also seeing someone is making fun about a SWF taking them to MacMillan?? Like, I rarely see people making fun of killers using map offerings that favor their killers, like Nurse or Blight on Autohaven, Wraith on indoor maps etc, so why is it so bad when survivors do it?

    Besides there are probably many other reasons to use a map offering like, they like the map or they are tired of getting the same maps during this boost to the 'favorite' maps. Like, in one session I got Coal Tower 5 times in one session and just wanted a different map. Also she's playing a new survivor, and she's probably just trying to use the offerings before she prestiges.

    Just burning a map offering is half the story. It’s for what’s widely accepted as a heavily survivor favored set of maps, accompanied by a DC when they were already going to be dead and back in lobby in a matter of seconds. With a double BP offering in play. It wasn’t an early DC or anything, their team had lost at this point. Those are some of the funniest DCs in the game.

    All of those maps you mentioned, besides MacMillan, are also decidedly survivor-sided by a majority of players. Yeah, no one in either role typically likes to be on the receiving end of a map offering - especially when accompanied by certain killers, perks, items, and/or add-ons.

    And I’m not going to take the time to reply to each person saying wild things in this post; but for the record I am a Christian, and do my best to show God’s love to all people, no matter who they are. I acknowledge I am sinful and make mistakes. I apologize if I’ve offended anyone, none was intended.

  • What the hell is this thread, waste of bandwidth.

  • @CoolerBleend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/327366/so-satisfying-when-otzs-law-takes-effect

    "Nea 2.0"

    Listen I know nostalgias powerdul but please get out of 2018

    But she does look like nea. 20 years in neas future. I think Charlotte looks like nea also.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991919#Comment_2991919

    But she does look like nea. 20 years in neas future. I think Charlotte looks like nea also.

    She literally looks nothing like Nea.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991139#Comment_2991139

    Me. I would want to play. I don't go into solo queue with false expectations, and I've never once quit early in anything remotely competitive because the other team impacted my fun. Play the game out and don't queue again. I honestly cannot believe how many people never got this lesson in sportsmanship from their parents.

    It IS DC culture, because there is a whole slew of players (The majority of the community) that do not do or complain about this nonsense.

    It is not my style, even if I understand where it comes from.


    Also, I think you use "the majority" pretty lightly. I don't get people like this even in 10 percent of my matches. And even if I got 1 in every match, it would still be 25% of the people, which is far away from the majority.


    Also, in all fairness, when someone does DC, it's as frustrating, if not more, than one one is farmed on hook

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991139#Comment_2991139

    If you offered a map that is of great advantage to you and you disconnect the second you are not winning its just funny, they offered coldwind, but when things didn't when their way they just dipped, its quite humorous.

    It doesn't have anything to do with winning. I've escaped plenty of matches where I was hooked within the first minute, sometimes being double hooked before the second gen popped, and a few of them even being the only one surviving, so "winning" is relative.


    But one thing is playing a disastrois match because the killer is playing you like a punching ball, qnd a different thing is being unhooked in the face of the killer, without BT. Because basically, you are not playing, someone is just being an idiot and running your game.


    On the other hand, we are ignoring the real punishment: MMR. Once you start to drop, it's a nightmare. I main Jake and my MMR is decent, usually getting nice matches with nice teammates. The moment I play Leon, for example, escaping becomes a utopia, because I barely user him and I'm paired with worst players and it's really hard to move up on the ranks with him

  • @Remohir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991158#Comment_2991158

    It doesn't have anything to do with winning. I've escaped plenty of matches where I was hooked within the first minute, sometimes being double hooked before the second gen popped, and a few of them even being the only one surviving, so "winning" is relative.

    But one thing is playing a disastrois match because the killer is playing you like a punching ball, qnd a different thing is being unhooked in the face of the killer, without BT. Because basically, you are not playing, someone is just being an idiot and running your game.

    On the other hand, we are ignoring the real punishment: MMR. Once you start to drop, it's a nightmare. I main Jake and my MMR is decent, usually getting nice matches with nice teammates. The moment I play Leon, for example, escaping becomes a utopia, because I barely user him and I'm paired with worst players and it's really hard to move up on the ranks with him

    I hate to break this to you bud, but killers are the only ones who have different MMR. Your survivors all share the same MMR...

  • @Remohir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991149#Comment_2991149

    It is not my style, even if I understand where it comes from.

    Also, I think you use "the majority" pretty lightly. I don't get people like this even in 10 percent of my matches. And even if I got 1 in every match, it would still be 25% of the people, which is far away from the majority.

    Also, in all fairness, when someone does DC, it's as frustrating, if not more, than one one is farmed on hook

    By majority, I mean players that act in good faith and do NOT DC. For that small percent, it's engrained in who they are. Hence, culture :/

  • Love how OP makes a post talking about Otz Law (the map offerer is always the first to DC), and people are just taking it personally like he murdered their kids.

    Survivor mains, chill out guys.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993076#Comment_2993076

    I hate to break this to you bud, but killers are the only ones who have different MMR. Your survivors all share the same MMR...

    Give it a try. And even more, play that one survivor you hate. See what comes.

    Now, look for a game with the one you rock, and once you have your teammates assigne, change to that awful survivor and tell me what happens

  • @Remohir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993087#Comment_2993087

    Give it a try. And even more, play that one survivor you hate. See what comes.

    Now, look for a game with the one you rock, and once you have your teammates assigne, change to that awful survivor and tell me what happens

    Or how about this, you acknowledge the fact the developers themselves have said that survivors do not have separate MMR. But judging by your other posts you don't like to see anything other than what you believe

  • Embarrassing post. Let’s move on guys.

  • shaming lol.....how is this post not banned?

  • This is embarrassing. Is this your first 4k?

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    This is embarrassing. Is this your first 4k?

    Yes. After reaching devotion 14, I’m happy to say I finally did it!

  • This is the perfect example of your average killers mindset that motivates them to tunnel off hook, someone brought a map offering and it somehow insulted their entire bloodline so they gaslighted themselves into believing it was automatically toxic so they in turn played like a piece of #########.


    No wonder why you see so many rat killers camping and tunneling when they make up any excuse in their mind to play like a #########, kudos for SWF's banding together and coordinating highly complex strategies to ######### on killers like this so they can cry sweet tears of justice for bullying survivors that mean no harm. Game is in a sad state and I'm glad that killers get a taste of their own ######### medicine.

  • @socalfusions said:

    This is the perfect example of your average killers mindset that motivates them to tunnel off hook, someone brought a map offering and it somehow insulted their entire bloodline so they gaslighted themselves into believing it was automatically toxic so they in turn played like a piece of #########.

    No wonder why you see so many rat killers camping and tunneling when they make up any excuse in their mind to play like a #########, kudos for SWF's banding together and coordinating highly complex strategies to ######### on killers like this so they can cry sweet tears of justice for bullying survivors that mean no harm. Game is in a sad state and I'm glad that killers get a taste of their own ######### medicine.

    You should go say that out loud into a mirror.

1 2 ›