When you cant See anything!

I dont know if i am the only one who can see nothing when the The Dredge his skills activatet.

My screen becomes only black!

And he is totaly Overpowert!

Comments

  • I know and its freaking awesome! DBD needs more scary killers like this and the nightfall mechanic is definitely in line with the horror theme.

  • He's strong, but not overpowered. I do think his Nightfall should be toned down a little, but I can definitely still see a bit, enough to navigate in a chase for example.

  • Hmm...ok

    But my screen becomes totaly black and i can see nothing.

  • I think you need to adjust your screen and graphics...

  • @Der_Tundra_Elch said:

    Hmm...ok

    But my screen becomes totaly black and i can see nothing.

    Something is wrong with your TV and/or settings then because it doesn't go completely black

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TzoWtyItKA

    This is what it SHOULD look like. You should be able to have a light around your character for like....12ish meters give or take. Things outside of that are extremely dark but you should be able to see around you still.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2988003#Comment_2988003

    Something is wrong with your TV and/or settings then because it doesn't go completely black

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TzoWtyItKA

    This is what it SHOULD look like. You should be able to have a light around your character for like....12ish meters give or take. Things outside of that are extremely dark but you should be able to see around you still.

    This is old... This was the bugged Nightfall during the PTB. It's way darker now.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2988007#Comment_2988007

    This is old... This was the bugged Nightfall during the PTB. It's way darker now.

    Oh

    Mine felt similar to this. It wasn't completely black when I played but I guess I only played the one game so maybe it's just that map that works (it was the Crotus Penn Asylum). I recall it being dark but I could still see stuff in my immediate surrounding

    https://youtu.be/6lzu6ncDkwI

    Like the first half of this video

  • maybe you need to see an eye doctor

  • Unless you can’t even see a few steps in front of you, that’s intentional. And it’s a good thing, imo.

  • 285626112_1030174364280954_6110187023654403633_n.png

    This is how my first game against Dredge started. I loved it.

    It's very dark tho. Like, a lot darker than what I saw in PTB videos on Youtube.

  • Idk if it's too dark or something because it's giving me some chronic migraines (with me taking every reasonable step I can to prevent eye strain and headaches because I've had them before), but also idk what I expected given BHVR's track record with accessibility

    I'm fine with it, it's not scary by any means but it's cool at least, but it just means I'll be playing a whole lot less after a single Dredge encounter

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Idk if it's too dark or something because it's giving me some chronic migraines (with me taking every reasonable step I can to prevent eye strain and headaches because I've had them before), but also idk what I expected given BHVR's track record with accessibility

    I'm fine with it, it's not scary by any means but it's cool at least, but it just means I'll be playing a whole lot less after a single Dredge encounter

    Same here. I played two games yesterday and got dizzy.

    People defending it because it's "scary" will be disappointed when they realize it stops being scary after a couple matches.

  • That makes sense. I do prefer this version, it's much scarier!

  • I'll happily trade dredge's darkness for overall killer FOV increase.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    I know and its freaking awesome! DBD needs more scary killers like this and the nightfall mechanic is definitely in line with the horror theme.

    There's nothing scary about a black screen. It's just lazy design.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Idk if it's too dark or something because it's giving me some chronic migraines (with me taking every reasonable step I can to prevent eye strain and headaches because I've had them before), but also idk what I expected given BHVR's track record with accessibility

    I'm fine with it, it's not scary by any means but it's cool at least, but it just means I'll be playing a whole lot less after a single Dredge encounter

    hello, fellow headache enjoyer.

    if i may ask, how are your light levels?

    I can't help but wonder if people just have their TVs positioned right in the sunlight, which causes them to go blind or they are gaming in the dark, which is an easy way to get eye strain.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2988380#Comment_2988380

    hello, fellow headache enjoyer.

    if i may ask, how are your light levels?

    I can't help but wonder if people just have their TVs positioned right in the sunlight, which causes them to go blind or they are gaming in the dark, which is an easy way to get eye strain.

    Honestly, it's pretty good. Like I said, I used to get them bad so I looked into improving my lighting and adjusting game brightness accordingly. Nightfall just gives me a headache and pretty bad nausea.