Just when you finally start to have fun in survivor soloq

The killer camps,

or you get a cocky teammate that is bad at chasing the killer and gets tunneled out of the game,

or one survivor DCs,

or the killer executes the same exact pattern and your team doesn't notice,

or your team barely tries to counter killer's power/let the killer easily build up his power.


And what's the worst thing, is that I don't care if I die or have a difficult game,

I care about the Emblems that are stupidly hard to pip through because I'm in Iredescent...

Comments

  • They need to nerf tunneling and camping into the ground. Of course they should also look into making normal and skillful strategies more rewarding and viable for killers, but camping and tunneling need to be turned into very weak strategies.

    It's so annoying, and I am sure especially in low ranks it's the biggest reasons why kill rates increase so much.

    It's very frustrating to have skillless strategies to sometimes be more rewarding than skillful strategies.

  • Ew... If I cared about emblems, I would have quit already. I hate cooperating with the enemy for challenges with the emblems. It sickens me, deeply.

  • @ad19970 said:

    They need to nerf tunneling and camping into the ground. Of course they should also look into making normal and skillful strategies more rewarding and viable for killers, but camping and tunneling need to be turned into very weak strategies.

    It's so annoying, and I am sure especially in low ranks it's the biggest reasons why kill rates increase so much.

    It's very frustrating to have skillless strategies to sometimes be more rewarding than skillful strategies.

    100 percent the reason people are leaving the game in hoards.....its at minimum 4/10 killers are basically killing off one person because its an easy W especially in solo qs. but we all know the only thing the devs are worried about is adding garbage killers into the game for that added revenue.....state of the game cant be any worse than it currently is

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Ew... If I cared about emblems, I would have quit already. I hate cooperating with the enemy for challenges with the emblems. It sickens me, deeply.

    @ad19970 said:

    They need to nerf tunneling and camping into the ground. Of course they should also look into making normal and skillful strategies more rewarding and viable for killers, but camping and tunneling need to be turned into very weak strategies.

    It's so annoying, and I am sure especially in low ranks it's the biggest reasons why kill rates increase so much.

    It's very frustrating to have skillless strategies to sometimes be more rewarding than skillful strategies.


    lul

    speaking of Emblems, I know why @ad19970 brought up nerfing Tunneling and Camping,

    it usually rewards the killer,

    I wouldn't be surprised if I just camped and ran NOED with Blood Warden or something, or OP addons and tunneled

    that I could get Iredescent Grade easily

    @Hawk81584 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983183#Comment_2983183

    100 percent the reason people are leaving the game in hoards.....its at minimum 4/10 killers are basically killing off one person because its an easy W especially in solo qs. but we all know the only thing the devs are worried about is adding garbage killers into the game for that added revenue.....state of the game cant be any worse than it currently is

    The small % camps at 5, the others get destroyed and take the camp for kill perhaps Emblem,

    another strategise camping with NOED and stuff,

    get rewarded for the playstyle aswell....

  • @Hawk81584 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983183#Comment_2983183

    100 percent the reason people are leaving the game in hoards.....its at minimum 4/10 killers are basically killing off one person because its an easy W especially in solo qs. but we all know the only thing the devs are worried about is adding garbage killers into the game for that added revenue.....state of the game cant be any worse than it currently is

    Yeah definitely can't agree with that. Especially when it comes to the new killer, Dredge, who is incredibly well designed in my opinion.

    I also think the game could be in a much worse state, since I am pretty sure it already has been in the past.

    I still enjoy DBD, but it can often also be frustrating, which is a big problem. It could definitely be in a much better state, for sure.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983189#Comment_2983189

    Yeah definitely can't agree with that. Especially when it comes to the new killer, Dredge, who is incredibly well designed in my opinion.

    I also think the game could be in a much worse state, since I am pretty sure it already has been in the past.

    I still enjoy DBD, but it can often also be frustrating, which is a big problem. It could definitely be in a much better state, for sure.

    yeah, David King is a character, that is with Huntress,

    Huntress and David were released like before/after Doctor or Myers,

    Dead Hard is so old perk yet it's still in the meta..

    Any adjust that is more than increasing exhaustion timer is going to recieve lot of positive comments from players,

    and backlash from Dead Hard abusers xd

  • For me, I notice a shift in my attitude when it comes to soloQ. Once I'm Iri I idgaf. I sometimes check to see if I would have pipped from that match or not because of couriosity - but more often than not I just move on. Whole streaks of bad matches are forgotten as soon as the tides are turning again. Not getting hung up on the whole four-steps-forward-three-steps-backwards kinds thing is a very refreshing kinda thing. For those who say there's no point in caring about emblems; in principle, yes. But I still need a lot of BP so I do care about those extra BP and consequently I care about reaching Iri I.

    Personally I think finding a different way to reward time played with BP or simply removing the de-pip mechanic for all grades (and maybe up the pip-requirement a little) would make a big difference already.

    Just not having to worry about any of the frustrating stuff you mentioned past a match makes things so much more relaxed and enjoyable. Sure, there are still whole streaks of games that ... are very upsetting - but so what? Get out of the match, forget it ever happened and on to the next.

  • I wasn't having fun in Solo queue anyway, but the game started crashing every match just to make absolutely certain.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983187#Comment_2983187

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983183#Comment_2983183

    lul

    speaking of Emblems, I know why @ad19970 brought up nerfing Tunneling and Camping,

    it usually rewards the killer,

    I wouldn't be surprised if I just camped and ran NOED with Blood Warden or something, or OP addons and tunneled

    that I could get Iredescent Grade easily

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983189#Comment_2983189

    The small % camps at 5, the others get destroyed and take the camp for kill perhaps Emblem,

    another strategise camping with NOED and stuff,

    get rewarded for the playstyle aswell....

    Yes exactly, and with relatively low effort on the killers side.

  • I've been Gold rank 3 for 2 weeks now, I just stopped caring. The devs don't balance the game or the matchmaking, it's just not worth the hassle when every other game is a cracked Nurse/Blight that makes at least one person give up immediately.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983220#Comment_2983220

    Yes exactly, and with relatively low effort on the killers side.

    Effort, what's that?


    @Carrow said:

    I've been Gold rank 3 for 2 weeks now, I just stopped caring. The devs don't balance the game or the matchmaking, it's just not worth the hassle when every other game is a cracked Nurse/Blight that makes at least one person give up immediately.

    It's hard to get Emblem when you have to do EVERYTHING to pip in iredescent,

    you have to do lot of gens, you have to do lot of healing and unhooking,

    you have to do lot of chasing AND you have to survive.


    But:

    • You can get too easy game where you only touched gens, never healed anyone, never chased the killer.
    • You can get camped.
    • You can do so much but not enough for Iredescent or recieve one Silver instead of Gold 1 tick away from pip.
    • etc.
  • Whenever I'm getting facecamped, I just edit romantic images of the Killer and I staring into each other's eyes. I highly recommend it.

    romance isn't dead (but it's almost on 2nd stage).jpg


  • Fun? In Solo Queue?!?!?

    Don't do that here.gif


  • I enjoy every scenario you listed from either side. It’s all just the caveats of gameplay.

    Emblems and ranks are meaningless.

    It was bad idea to make BP rewards around ranks and emblems because now everyone takes it too seriously and it’s far more game ruining.

  • @steponmeadiris said:

    Whenever I'm getting facecamped, I just edit romantic images of the Killer and I staring into each other's eyes. I highly recommend it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9TTGAJLLTNHL/romance-isn-27t-dead-28but-it-27s-almost-on-2nd-stage-29.jpg

    Challange to have folder full of these photos have more size than a folder with Movies some of wtich are 4K quality?

    @pseudechis said:

    I enjoy every scenario you listed from either side. It’s all just the caveats of gameplay.

    Emblems and ranks are meaningless.

    It was bad idea to make BP rewards around ranks and emblems because now everyone takes it too seriously and it’s far more game ruining.

    No they don't, because if you genrush the killer you get 0 pips, but people still genrush the killer

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984534#Comment_2984534

    Challange to have folder full of these photos have more size than a folder with Movies some of wtich are 4K quality?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984570#Comment_2984570

    No they don't, because if you genrush the killer you get 0 pips, but people still genrush the killer

    no they don't what?

    People are going to try and finish gens asap just as killers are going to try and eliminate players asap, its just gameplay.