Decisive Strike

Basicaly the only anti tunnel perk in the game,

and I get it if I touch gens it gets disables,


but....


It disables because I picked 99 recover guy from the ground?

Like... isn't the killer supposed to usually pick them up? I know what slugging is, but like cmon..

Comments

  • You're progressing the game so yes it getting disabled. The perk isn't supposed to be some invulnerability tht protect you. If you are healing someone then you aren't getting tunnel sorry.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    Basicaly the only anti tunnel perk in the game,

    and I get it if I touch gens it gets disables,

    but....

    It disables because I picked 99 recover guy from the ground?

    Like... isn't the killer supposed to usually pick them up? I know what slugging is, but like cmon..

    I agree healing should not disable it especially if you heal yourself. But I think healing others is not that bad crime you should lose it. I think the skill check should be removed and it should be automatic instead so then it truly would be anti tunnel perk helping those who need it most "new players".

  • The only part about ds I disagree with is the tapping to heal but not fully healing.

    Healing 1% or 99% doesn't progress the game in survivor's favor. Being 50% healed doesn't mean you can take a hit and end up with 50% health.

    I'd rather them have it so ds is removed on a completed state regardless of who does it to the person.

  • @katoptris said:

    You're progressing the game so yes it getting disabled. The perk isn't supposed to be some invulnerability tht protect you. If you are healing someone then you aren't getting tunnel sorry.

    Dead person under hook?

    @WeenieDog said:

    The only part about ds I disagree with is the tapping to heal but not fully healing.

    Healing 1% or 99% doesn't progress the game in survivor's favor. Being 50% healed doesn't mean you can take a hit and end up with 50% health.

    I'd rather them have it so ds is removed on a completed state regardless of who does it to the person.

    It's like, do I leave the person on the ground and lose the ability to stab killer if he tunnels me,

    or pick up the person, get tunneled because my perk deactivated,

    now talk about the perk's usefulness for that matter,

    you have DH that can always give you 3 seconds extra time,

    and than you have DS that either works because the killer is tunneling you and everyone else is safe,

    or a useless perk that got disabled because you picked up someone, did an action that takes 1 seconds and you get punished for it,


    and, you can get punished for not picking up the survivor, you don't pick him up, the killer picks them up instead while downing you, and than waits out DS, what a cool perok...

  • @WeenieDog said:

    The only part about ds I disagree with is the tapping to heal but not fully healing.

    Healing 1% or 99% doesn't progress the game in survivor's favor. Being 50% healed doesn't mean you can take a hit and end up with 50% health.

    I'd rather them have it so ds is removed on a completed state regardless of who does it to the person.

    Yes! Sometimes I think I'm safe and start to heal myself but then the killer starts chasing me again 2 seconds into my heal and then my ds is deactivated and now I'm getting hooked again... would be great if it only deactivated on a full heal when healing yourself or maybe it deactivates when reaching a certain percentage of progress so that you can't just 99% it and have someone else heal that last 1% so you can keep your ds, idk.

  • Pretty wild how they'd put so many restrictions on a perk that prevents you from taking a hook state while simultaneously giving you a health state and stunning the killer (usually after wasting some amount of time in chase).

  • @Raccoon said:

    Pretty wild how they'd put so many restrictions on a perk that prevents you from taking a hook state while simultaneously giving you a health state and stunning the killer (usually after wasting some amount of time in chase).

    If by wasting time you mean being absolutely obvious that you have ds and for sure getting slugged while they can get injure/another down before they come and hook you?

  • @Raccoon said:

    Pretty wild how they'd put so many restrictions on a perk that prevents you from taking a hook state while simultaneously giving you a health state and stunning the killer (usually after wasting some amount of time in chase).

    If you just don't go for them within one whole minute (wow such a long time) you have nothing to worry about....

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982993#Comment_2982993

    If you just don't go for them within one whole minute (wow such a long time) you have nothing to worry about....

    there's a technique, very hard called "slugging"

  • Yes this is also an option, or if they go in a locker you can also wait outside the locker if you so choose.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982993#Comment_2982993

    If by wasting time you mean being absolutely obvious that you have ds and for sure getting slugged while they can get injure/another down before they come and hook you?

    @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982993#Comment_2982993

    If you just don't go for them within one whole minute (wow such a long time) you have nothing to worry about....

    That's great!

    I don't really see what these posts have to do with the reasoning behind DS's restrictions, though - I thought that was the topic being discussed.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983001#Comment_2983001

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983004#Comment_2983004

    That's great!

    I don't really see what these posts have to do with the reasoning behind DS's restrictions, though - I thought that was the topic being discussed.

    Well you were complaining about the possibility of slightly lifting a restriction/the perk itself. So we were mentioning that you don't need to worry about if that change were ever implemented because there are ways around the perk with or without such restrictions. An anti-tunnel perk that lasts only 60 seconds shouldn't be a big deal as if you just don't tunnel, or use another tactic, it doesn't affect you.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983001#Comment_2983001

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983004#Comment_2983004

    That's great!

    I don't really see what these posts have to do with the reasoning behind DS's restrictions, though - I thought that was the topic being discussed.

    Well you justified the 900 restrictions making you a walking useless meatshield in tight situations because you can get healed to injured if the killer picks you up, stun the killer and waste little bit of their time.


    But in tight situations, killer is close and could go for you,

    you can't tap that regressing gen, you can't pick up your teammate from the ground,

    but why?

    because you are playing a perk that 80% of the time isn't even going to be used.


    cool cool

  • @WeenieDog said:

    The only part about ds I disagree with is the tapping to heal but not fully healing.

    Healing 1% or 99% doesn't progress the game in survivor's favor. Being 50% healed doesn't mean you can take a hit and end up with 50% health.

    I'd rather them have it so ds is removed on a completed state regardless of who does it to the person.

    It does.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983018#Comment_2983018

    Well you justified the 900 restrictions making you a walking useless meatshield in tight situations because you can get healed to injured if the killer picks you up, stun the killer and waste little bit of their time.

    But in tight situations, killer is close and could go for you,

    you can't tap that regressing gen, you can't pick up your teammate from the ground,

    but why?

    because you are playing a perk that 80% of the time isn't even going to be used.

    cool cool

    You'll understand the meta and how to get value out of DS as you play more.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983030#Comment_2983030

    You'll understand the meta and how to get value out of DS as you play more.

    which one is it than? pick up teammate with your killer behind you or don't pick up and get downed and have him ignore you for 90 seconds?

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983386#Comment_2983386

    which one is it than? pick up teammate with your killer behind you or don't pick up and get downed and have him ignore you for 90 seconds?

    You'll learn how to make the correct plays in due time, don't fret.

    What's the rest of your build?

  • @katoptris said:

    You're progressing the game so yes it getting disabled. The perk isn't supposed to be some invulnerability tht protect you. If you are healing someone then you aren't getting tunnel sorry.

    A player shouldn't lose a perk or be penalized for playing the game.

  • Few problems I see from DS

    1. Dwight & Meg injured, both have DS. Dwight heal Meg will disable his DS, Meg now become healthy but she also still have DS.
    2. Killer can simply tank 5sec DS stun all the time. If survivor doesnt have -> good, continue to tunnel. If survivor has DS -> good, no more DS and continue to tunnel
    3. Survivors can always save their DS against Fair play killer since they dont tunnel. Resulting eat multiple DS in EGC. This is the reason why Killer should tunnel through DS.
  • I do think the healing contingency should be a bit more nuanced. It shouldn't deactivate on partial self-heals. That seems like an oversight with the way it's coded that goes against the intention of the perk. It deactivates when you perform a healing action but doesn't deactivate if someone heals you. What exactly is the difference if you heal yourself vs have someone else heal you? Why does DS deactivate in one instance and stay active in the other?

    There's no functional difference between being 50% healed and 0% healed. There's no such thing as halfway healthy when the killer's weapon connects. It would make more sense to have DS deactivate upon recovering a full health state (via self-heal or teammate heal) or with a healing action on another player.

  • DS is the biggest crutch perk for bad survivors. eos.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982962#Comment_2982962

    A player shouldn't lose a perk or be penalized for playing the game.

    Funny, I find that happens to killers a lot. Aren't they players too? I stopped using DS, it got the rightful nerf and now 40+ more perks will get that change too hopefully. Might feel like a fresh game lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I do think the healing contingency should be a bit more nuanced. It shouldn't deactivate on partial self-heals. That seems like an oversight with the way it's coded that goes against the intention of the perk. It deactivates when you perform a healing action but doesn't deactivate if someone heals you. What exactly is the difference if you heal yourself vs have someone else heal you? Why does DS deactivate in one instance and stay active in the other?

    There's no functional difference between being 50% healed and 0% healed. There's no such thing as halfway healthy when the killer's weapon connects. It would make more sense to have DS deactivate upon recovering a full health state (via self-heal or teammate heal) or with a healing action on another player.

    I respectfully disagree. So a killer is supposed to just sit there and watch a survivor self-heal in their face to completion, then attack? Survivors are not guaranteed the privilege of being healed immediately after an unhook.

  • You picking up your teammate is actively removing pressure from the killer, so yes you lose your DS. You don't get a free escape after doing that.

  • Nothing is truly anti-tunnel. Its tunnel deterrent that works on people that are afraid of ds. Its meant to buy more time for your team cause at that point if they eat the ds they might as well go for you unless your teammate throws a hook state at them.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983424#Comment_2983424

    You'll learn how to make the correct plays in due time, don't fret.

    What's the rest of your build?

    @Brimp said:

    Nothing is truly anti-tunnel. Its tunnel deterrent that works on people that are afraid of ds. Its meant to buy more time for your team cause at that point if they eat the ds they might as well go for you unless your teammate throws a hook state at them.

    I don't think you understand this catch 22 situation

    @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982962#Comment_2982962

    A player shouldn't lose a perk or be penalized for playing the game.

    I'm fine on gens, but healing?

    5% of progress to pick up a dying person removes anti tunnel perk?

    @C3Tooth said:

    Few problems I see from DS

    1. Dwight & Meg injured, both have DS. Dwight heal Meg will disable his DS, Meg now become healthy but she also still have DS.
    2. Killer can simply tank 5sec DS stun all the time. If survivor doesnt have -> good, continue to tunnel. If survivor has DS -> good, no more DS and continue to tunnel
    3. Survivors can always save their DS against Fair play killer since they dont tunnel. Resulting eat multiple DS in EGC. This is the reason why Killer should tunnel through DS.
    1. Slug Dwight chase Meg, they have to pick up Dwight or let him die, if they come heal Dwight they are not doing gens
    2. tank the 5 second stun, and than get looped, pre dropped, infinitied, body blocked
    3. Killers can slug and wait out the DS, killers can slug and wait out the time

    @sizzlingmario4 said:

    You picking up your teammate is actively removing pressure from the killer, so yes you lose your DS. You don't get a free escape after doing that.

    You not picking up teammate is playing for killer, you picking up teammate disables perk.

    @Brimp said:

    Nothing is truly anti-tunnel. Its tunnel deterrent that works on people that are afraid of ds. Its meant to buy more time for your team cause at that point if they eat the ds they might as well go for you unless your teammate throws a hook state at them.

    Killer facecamps, waits for unhook, hits/chainsaws the tunneled person,

    tunneled person uses DS, if the killer turns on them they try to waste as most time before they go down,

    if the killer goes for a hook on the downed, you can heal and do gen.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983501#Comment_2983501

    I respectfully disagree. So a killer is supposed to just sit there and watch a survivor self-heal in their face to completion, then attack? Survivors are not guaranteed the privilege of being healed immediately after an unhook.

    No, the killer can down them, pick them up and risk/eat the ds too

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983450#Comment_2983450

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983798#Comment_2983798

    I don't think you understand this catch 22 situation

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983493#Comment_2983493

    I'm fine on gens, but healing?

    5% of progress to pick up a dying person removes anti tunnel perk?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983498#Comment_2983498

    1. Slug Dwight chase Meg, they have to pick up Dwight or let him die, if they come heal Dwight they are not doing gens
    2. tank the 5 second stun, and than get looped, pre dropped, infinitied, body blocked
    3. Killers can slug and wait out the DS, killers can slug and wait out the time

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983699#Comment_2983699

    You not picking up teammate is playing for killer, you picking up teammate disables perk.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983798#Comment_2983798

    Killer facecamps, waits for unhook, hits/chainsaws the tunneled person,

    tunneled person uses DS, if the killer turns on them they try to waste as most time before they go down,

    if the killer goes for a hook on the downed, you can heal and do gen.

    Yeah.

    Haven't had a lot of time to see it in action, understand it, or make various topics about it given its super low pick rate.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983635#Comment_2983635

    No, the killer can down them, pick them up and risk/eat the ds too

    That’s not happening. Not anymore since the nerf.

  • That was a response to the hypothetical situation, I know how ds works