I would like to reach high MMR on survivor without playing selfishly

How am I supposed to escape, when I get a survivor that is completely useless?

This game is ballanced around 1v4, you get 5 gens.

But how am I supposed to escape when they are potatoes/new/attempting to escape and reaching struggle/not healing/not wanting to be healed.


They get removed from the game before 3 gens, meanwhile killer finds another, it's 1v3 with 4/3 gens,

if one is on hook, one must go for rescue which leaves only one person on gen instead of 2,

or 0 if they both go for a rescue,

on top of that, the killer can play camp/return to hook game, because with 1 person repairing gens they won't go as fast as in 1v4 game.


Like.... am I supposed to just not play the game, wait for everyone to die and escape through hatch or what?


Potato killers can camp hooks or tunnel to get MMR,

survivors have only one thing, and that's hatch that spawns in RNG spot and can be closed,

and only one can get it.


The survivors that actually tried to play:

  • unhooked
  • did gens
  • healed
  • been healed

Might have deserved the win, but just because how the game is, one weak link can completely destroy the game for survivors.


And, and the only exception is if the 3 other survivors are really good, which isn't always case in soloq...

[incoming ranting part of the post]

But how is that supposed to happen, WHEN YOURE IN A LOW MMR, YOU CANT

YOU HAVE TO PRAY THAT YOUR TEAM IS ACTUALLY GOOD TO CARRY IT 1V3.............

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hatch escapes don't count as an "escape" either so if you're constantly escaping that way you won't go up in ranks either.

    What the ######### ?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973606#Comment_2973606

    Yeah, I'd have to dig it up but it was confirmed that a hatch escape is seen as neutral. Doesn't count as a "win" for the survivor and doesn't count as a "loss" for the killer. Has no impact on you MMR.

    Well that's omega cringe.

    It actually promotes SWF because you don't wanna play in low ranks if you're good.

    That is just not fun to lose a game because you're playing 1v1 in a game designed for 4v1.

    What is this?

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973609#Comment_2973609

    Well that's omega cringe.

    It actually promotes SWF because you don't wanna play in low ranks if you're good.

    That is just not fun to lose a game because you're playing 1v1 in a game designed for 4v1.

    What is this?

    Hatch not raising/lowering your MMR makes sense, it's a pity escape for losing

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973614#Comment_2973614

    Hatch not raising/lowering your MMR makes sense, it's a pity escape for losing

    Every survivor verses the killer alone mmr-wise. There's no pity involved as the individual survivor has not lost. The other 3 have.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973634#Comment_2973634

    Every survivor verses the killer alone mmr-wise. There's no pity involved as the individual survivor has not lost. The other 3 have.

    It's a 1v4 game, 1 Killer vs. the Survivor team, not a 1v1v1v1v1 game

  • I discovered that for me, time of day matters greatly.

    I can mostly play at night (long queues) and I lose most of my games then. I kept notes of my matches for awhile and I did not have a single day in months where I could reach a 50% survival rate. I usually lose 8-16 games in a row and then win one and then it's another dozen games lose streak.

    I currently have a few days off work and can play during daytime. Literally like day and night ... survivor queues are just 1-2 seconds. Killers are mostly very inexperienced (that's why I'm thinking playing so much at night handed me down to bottom MMR), but my teammates are often better and killers get maybe 1-2 hooks during the entire game if they're lucky. I escape almost every match through the gate. If I could play regularly during the day and it was always as in the last week, I could probably get out of the MMR misery at some point.

    Even when daytime games have not-so-stellar teammates, it works out somehow ... I got a huntress yesterday. Another killer so bad she couldn't hit me once in multiple chases. I ran her around the probably smallest loop any map has to offer and she kept winding up her hatchet. After many rounds she gave up when two gens popped and left me alone. I'm not the best survivor really (but not the worst either), so if I don't get hit, there's no reason to go down to this killer. Nevertheless, one teammate managed to die and the other two were on death hook. But three made it out somehow.

    I don't see much of a future for me as solo survivor unless they do something to improve the experience, I'll probably go looking for an SWF.

  • Back out of any lobby when a teammate dodges. The backfill system pulls the next available player and doesn't look at their MMR. It never ends well.

    Horrible positioning and game sense usually kills solos. Players group up for no reason, heal in bad spots, and the entire team tends to stop what they're doing the second someone goes on a hook.

    To mitigate these things: I take a medkit with at least 32 charges so I can heal myself. I run Kindred so the players that don't eat paint chips can save efficiently (note that bad players will still see someone going for a save and run to the hook anyway because this game is often 3v2 or 2v3). Prove Thyself at least makes grouping up efficient. Solos will insist on grouping even when it makes no sense.

    For chases, I play pretty safe and don't greed anything early. Don't leave it up to your teammates to have good chases. A lack of pallets on the map mid to late game isn't a pallet efficiency issue, it's an issue with people not doing generators.

    Playing this way means you're usually the last one to die in the worst case scenario. Think of hatch as a draw. You don't gain anything from it but you don't lose anything from it.

    Try not to play at peak hours. Matchmaking is genuinely horrific at peak hours and I often VPN to a different region because of it. The max MMR range is way too wide and makes the experience miserable

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973636#Comment_2973636

    It's a 1v4 game, 1 Killer vs. the Survivor team, not a 1v1v1v1v1 game

    Mmr disagrees with you. Blame hockey, not me.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973636#Comment_2973636

    It's a 1v4 game, 1 Killer vs. the Survivor team, not a 1v1v1v1v1 game

    Solo queue begs to differ

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973614#Comment_2973614

    Hatch not raising/lowering your MMR makes sense, it's a pity escape for losing

    Ofc, because it totally wasn't me repairing those 3 gens, healing those 9 health states, unhooking those 2/3 survivors or running the killer for another 3 gens worth of time, nah totally undeserved hatch..

    agreed

    @rha said:

    I discovered that for me, time of day matters greatly.

    I can mostly play at night (long queues) and I lose most of my games then. I kept notes of my matches for awhile and I did not have a single day in months where I could reach a 50% survival rate. I usually lose 8-16 games in a row and then win one and then it's another dozen games lose streak.

    I currently have a few days off work and can play during daytime. Literally like day and night ... survivor queues are just 1-2 seconds. Killers are mostly very inexperienced (that's why I'm thinking playing so much at night handed me down to bottom MMR), but my teammates are often better and killers get maybe 1-2 hooks during the entire game if they're lucky. I escape almost every match through the gate. If I could play regularly during the day and it was always as in the last week, I could probably get out of the MMR misery at some point.

    Even when daytime games have not-so-stellar teammates, it works out somehow ... I got a huntress yesterday. Another killer so bad she couldn't hit me once in multiple chases. I ran her around the probably smallest loop any map has to offer and she kept winding up her hatchet. After many rounds she gave up when two gens popped and left me alone. I'm not the best survivor really (but not the worst either), so if I don't get hit, there's no reason to go down to this killer. Nevertheless, one teammate managed to die and the other two were on death hook. But three made it out somehow.

    I don't see much of a future for me as solo survivor unless they do something to improve the experience, I'll probably go looking for an SWF.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Back out of any lobby when a teammate dodges. The backfill system pulls the next available player and doesn't look at their MMR. It never ends well.

    Horrible positioning and game sense usually kills solos. Players group up for no reason, heal in bad spots, and the entire team tends to stop what they're doing the second someone goes on a hook.

    To mitigate these things: I take a medkit with at least 32 charges so I can heal myself. I run Kindred so the players that don't eat paint chips can save efficiently (note that bad players will still see someone going for a save and run to the hook anyway because this game is often 3v2 or 2v3). Prove Thyself at least makes grouping up efficient. Solos will insist on grouping even when it makes no sense.

    For chases, I play pretty safe and don't greed anything early. Don't leave it up to your teammates to have good chases. A lack of pallets on the map mid to late game isn't a pallet efficiency issue, it's an issue with people not doing generators.

    Playing this way means you're usually the last one to die in the worst case scenario. Think of hatch as a draw. You don't gain anything from it but you don't lose anything from it.

    Try not to play at peak hours. Matchmaking is genuinely horrific at peak hours and I often VPN to a different region because of it. The max MMR range is way too wide and makes the experience miserable

    One of you says that you have good days during peak hours and the other says that they get bad games, heh.

    @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973634#Comment_2973634

    Every survivor verses the killer alone mmr-wise. There's no pity involved as the individual survivor has not lost. The other 3 have.

    Yeah but not raising MMR means you still get the other 3 who lose alot.

  • That's part of the problem with mmr, it doesn't care how you played, just if you survived. Whereas in the old system you could die, but if you played well you would still pip.

  • @Blueberry said:

    That's part of the problem with mmr, it doesn't care how you played, just if you survived. Whereas in the old system you could die, but if you played well you would still pip.

    omg the old ranks, aaaaaaah, I really liked the system..

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974231#Comment_2974231

    omg the old ranks, aaaaaaah, I really liked the system..

    We've had like maybe 4 iterations of ranking systems now throughout the years and MMR is probably the worst one of them all.

  • I can just echo what everyone else has already been saying. - But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

    But firs things first: Getting your MMR out of the gutter in SoloQ is near impossible due to oh so many factors that lead to your death but are pretty much out of your control. --- As survivor I play ~50:50 soloQ and swf. It's poles apart in terms of.... pretty much everything.

    But. As I said, there is (maybe?) a light at the end of the tunnel! I think there's something like an MMR abbyss. It's when your MMR goes so low, that newbies usually didn't have enough matches to get there. It's a weird place with quite a few survivors who aren't actually bad but who just really don't care about escaping. I made it there only once for a day or two where I for some reason kept soloQ-ing regardless of how frustrating stuff got. I eventually played some swf which inevitably pulled me out of there. But I gotta say: if it wasn't just a hiccup or strange coincidence but an actual special MMR place... I didn't actually hate it 😂

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974234#Comment_2974234

    We've had like maybe 4 iterations of ranking systems now throughout the years and MMR is probably the worst one of them all.

    If you can't see your mmr you can't complain about match balance, Ranks you could.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974242#Comment_2974242

    If you can't see your mmr you can't complain about match balance, Ranks you could.

    Pretty much that's the point. That's the real reason they don't show mmr.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974394#Comment_2974394

    Pretty much that's the point. That's the real reason they don't show mmr.

    100%. Although, we can still tell. It's very obvious when one or two players on either side are out of place. I don't get the decision to hide it at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974399#Comment_2974399

    100%. Although, we can still tell. It's very obvious when one or two players on either side are out of place. I don't get the decision to hide it at all.

    Yeah the "toxic elitism" reason is such a facade.

  • We already have that anyway, just with imagined numbers instead.

  • It is just impossible. If you do not have an entire group playing perfectly, the killer basically gets a free 4k. I do not want to play in a swf, but without it, I never escape.

  • It's really easy to rank up. Play well and play a lot. That's it. Your teammates don't matter. The killer doesn't matter. You're the only constant in every game, so if you play enough, you'll end up at the MMR you belong at.

    It also helps if you stop worrying about it and just play to have fun. You're going to rank up no matter what as you get better.

  • Why would you want to teach high MMR and play against sweats?

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973634#Comment_2973634

    Ofc, because it totally wasn't me repairing those 3 gens, healing those 9 health states, unhooking those 2/3 survivors or running the killer for another 3 gens worth of time, nah totally undeserved hatch..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973840#Comment_2973840

    agreed

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973689#Comment_2973689

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973746#Comment_2973746

    One of you says that you have good days during peak hours and the other says that they get bad games, heh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973636#Comment_2973636

    Yeah but not raising MMR means you still get the other 3 who lose alot.

    Yes, it was undeserved because your team lost

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974234#Comment_2974234

    We've had like maybe 4 iterations of ranking systems now throughout the years and MMR is probably the worst one of them all.

    yeah, but perhaps they did it for faster queue times due to smaller MMR difference or something..

    @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974242#Comment_2974242

    If you can't see your mmr you can't complain about match balance, Ranks you could.

    Oh really? So observing that your survivors are literal trash every single game doesn't give you the idea where you are in the MMR?

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974399#Comment_2974399

    100%. Although, we can still tell. It's very obvious when one or two players on either side are out of place. I don't get the decision to hide it at all.

    Tell me about it, is it the guy who gets hit and instead of running to loop or anywhere runs to a random direction?

    Huntress that can't predict your movement and always assumes you're running forward,

    killer that can't loop but refuses to kick the pallet,

    campers,

    killers that are easily 360d,

    killers that get easily mindgamed,

    games where the killer chases you for 3 whole minutes without you removing a lot of pallets vs your survivor teammates that barely last 30 seconds,

    the list goes on...

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    It is just impossible. If you do not have an entire group playing perfectly, the killer basically gets a free 4k. I do not want to play in a swf, but without it, I never escape.

    yeah, it really gets you to only play at certain hours on survivor like other people do

    @Hunkulese said:

    It's really easy to rank up. Play well and play a lot. That's it. Your teammates don't matter. The killer doesn't matter. You're the only constant in every game, so if you play enough, you'll end up at the MMR you belong at.

    It also helps if you stop worrying about it and just play to have fun. You're going to rank up no matter what as you get better.

    go back to League of Legends or whatever game you came from

    @_AdamFrancis_ said:

    Why would you want to teach high MMR and play against sweats?

    so I get sweat killers and survivors, and the games aren't one sided even though the whole game is survivor sided if evenness occur

    I'd rather, get destroyed by a good Nurse, Trapper or anything

    than to lose my teammates not doing gens, camping killer, DC, literally new players

    or win because the killer can't even down a single person

    Yep, my fault my team can't touch gens, can't loop killer, can't hit skillchecks, can't play,

    all my fault, undeserved win

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974242#Comment_2974242

    yeah, but perhaps they did it for faster queue times due to smaller MMR difference or something..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974394#Comment_2974394

    Oh really? So observing that your survivors are literal trash every single game doesn't give you the idea where you are in the MMR?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974469#Comment_2974469

    Tell me about it, is it the guy who gets hit and instead of running to loop or anywhere runs to a random direction?

    Huntress that can't predict your movement and always assumes you're running forward,

    killer that can't loop but refuses to kick the pallet,

    campers,

    killers that are easily 360d,

    killers that get easily mindgamed,

    games where the killer chases you for 3 whole minutes without you removing a lot of pallets vs your survivor teammates that barely last 30 seconds,

    the list goes on...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974510#Comment_2974510

    yeah, it really gets you to only play at certain hours on survivor like other people do

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974608#Comment_2974608

    go back to League of Legends or whatever game you came from

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974614#Comment_2974614

    so I get sweat killers and survivors, and the games aren't one sided even though the whole game is survivor sided if evenness occur

    I'd rather, get destroyed by a good Nurse, Trapper or anything

    than to lose my teammates not doing gens, camping killer, DC, literally new players

    or win because the killer can't even down a single person

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974642#Comment_2974642

    Yep, my fault my team can't touch gens, can't loop killer, can't hit skillchecks, can't play,

    all my fault, undeserved win

    It was your team's fault you lost, and so a Hatch escape is an undeserved pity escape for losing, I don't know why it's so hard to understand

  • In solo-queue it's kinda required to play selfishly to escape. And decisive strike is always a needed perk. And then you have 3 slots left for a healing perk, an exhaustion perk and then I like to take either small game or borrowed. Unfortunately just kinda the way it is with how solo queue is atm and tunneling/camping, you can't really experiment with perk builds and go for difficult saves if you want to escape to rank up, I'm currently working on ranking up survivor as I'm rank 1 killer and bronze 2 survivor as I just tend to find killer easier to rank up on.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974750#Comment_2974750

    It was your team's fault you lost, and so a Hatch escape is an undeserved pity escape for losing, I don't know why it's so hard to understand

    It's not pity reward if I've done everything right,

    that's like, washing 12 cars, and paying them 20$ instead of getting 20$


    @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    In solo-queue it's kinda required to play selfishly to escape. And decisive strike is always a needed perk. And then you have 3 slots left for a healing perk, an exhaustion perk and then I like to take either small game or borrowed. Unfortunately just kinda the way it is with how solo queue is atm and tunneling/camping, you can't really experiment with perk builds and go for difficult saves if you want to escape to rank up, I'm currently working on ranking up survivor as I'm rank 1 killer and bronze 2 survivor as I just tend to find killer easier to rank up on.

    Perks don't matter if the gens are stuck in time

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974759#Comment_2974759

    It's not pity reward if I've done everything right,

    that's like, washing 12 cars, and paying them 20$ instead of getting 20$

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974765#Comment_2974765

    Perks don't matter if the gens are stuck in time

    You've obviously not done everything right if 3/4 Survivors died

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974759#Comment_2974759

    It's not pity reward if I've done everything right,

    that's like, washing 12 cars, and paying them 20$ instead of getting 20$

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974765#Comment_2974765

    Perks don't matter if the gens are stuck in time

    Yeah if gens aren't progressing then you and your team are just screwed at that point.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974889#Comment_2974889

    You've obviously not done everything right if 3/4 Survivors died

    Ofc, because the 3 other afk it's my fault


    @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974889#Comment_2974889

    Yeah if gens aren't progressing then you and your team are just screwed at that point.

    stop putting you in team if your team is the only one screwing

    I will give you a project, and a team, you will be the only one ######### individual working on the project,

    and after you fail, I will tell you, "you all have failed"

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973614#Comment_2973614

    Hatch not raising/lowering your MMR makes sense, it's a pity escape for losing

    Before the nerf, it helped us solo Que survivors that the OP speaks of- team players who actually played well, but got stuck with 3 sacks of potatoes. That’s not a pity escape. I’d like to think that was implemented for us who did our best to carry the team, but our mates were too bad to give us all a fighting chance. It really feels bad when you go for proper safe hooks, do totems, run the killer, do the secondary objectives of certain killers (Pinhead), do gens etc. just for your teammates to muck it all up by being too scared to save each other/gens, not even look for devour/ruin, & pulling each other off in the killers face before he can take 3 steps.

    Even after all that the hatch wasn’t a guarantee. You still had to find it first. I can’t tell you the amount of times I told myself out loud “damn, I deserved this escape,” after the b.s I just went through with the other 3. Now, it just feels like we get nothing for our troubles. Just “lucky to survive” and nothing more. MMR stays the same so potato salad again for the next match. Prob doesn’t matter any way since matchmaking is terrible and the range is increased vastly during off peak hours. But I’d rather it be a win. Could have been worse I guess, could’ve been completely removed.

  • You can't obsess over individual games like this. How many games did the gens get slammed and you got out with no effort that you don't remember?

    If you do gens, play altruistically when necessary, bring DH and DS at the very least every game, ideally BT as well, and get good at chases, and TAKE CHASES, when your teammates are on death hook and you aren't,then you'll win more games.

    Think longterm. And if worse comes to worst you can always go for the hatch 50/50, but honestly I'd just try to get the gens done anyway. Think if everyone played for hatch.

    Also note time of day greatly impacts game quality. At certain times og day the games as surv feel unwinnable.

    It's like when people obsess over rank in any game, your rank is a representation of your skill. Play to get better, but also play to win. They are both equally important because being better makes you win more. looking at each game as either a failure or a success based on the MMR you gain or lose will just burn you out.

    Getting tunneled is a chance to practice chase. Bad teammates can help you improve your decision making skills by putting you in tough situations. Yadda yadda. You get it I hope.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973634#Comment_2973634

    Before the nerf, it helped us solo Que survivors that the OP speaks of- team players who actually played well, but got stuck with 3 sacks of potatoes. That’s not a pity escape. I’d like to think that was implemented for us who did our best to carry the team, but our mates were too bad to give us all a fighting chance. It really feels bad when you go for proper safe hooks, do totems, run the killer, do the secondary objectives of certain killers (Pinhead), do gens etc. just for your teammates to muck it all up by being too scared to save each other/gens, not even look for devour/ruin, & pulling each other off in the killers face before he can take 3 steps.

    Even after all that the hatch wasn’t a guarantee. You still had to find it first. I can’t tell you the amount of times I told myself out loud “damn, I deserved this escape,” after the b.s I just went through with the other 3. Now, it just feels like we get nothing for our troubles. Just “lucky to survive” and nothing more. MMR stays the same so potato salad again for the next match. Prob doesn’t matter any way since matchmaking is terrible and the range is increased vastly during off peak hours. But I’d rather it be a win. Could have been worse I guess, could’ve been completely removed.


    It really feels bad when you go for proper safe hooks, do totems, run the killer, do the secondary objectives of certain killers (Pinhead), do gens etc. just for your teammates to muck it all up by being too scared to save each other/gens, not even look for devour/ruin, & pulling each other off in the killers face before he can take 3 steps.

    Exactly

    Could have been worse I guess, could’ve been completely removed.

    Since killers can close it that won't be a thing.

    @MrMori said:

    You can't obsess over individual games like this. How many games did the gens get slammed and you got out with no effort that you don't remember?

    If you do gens, play altruistically when necessary, bring DH and DS at the very least every game, ideally BT as well, and get good at chases, and TAKE CHASES, when your teammates are on death hook and you aren't,then you'll win more games.

    Think longterm. And if worse comes to worst you can always go for the hatch 50/50, but honestly I'd just try to get the gens done anyway. Think if everyone played for hatch.

    Also note time of day greatly impacts game quality. At certain times og day the games as surv feel unwinnable.

    It's like when people obsess over rank in any game, your rank is a representation of your skill. Play to get better, but also play to win. They are both equally important because being better makes you win more. looking at each game as either a failure or a success based on the MMR you gain or lose will just burn you out.

    Getting tunneled is a chance to practice chase. Bad teammates can help you improve your decision making skills by putting you in tough situations. Yadda yadda. You get it I hope.


    You can't obsess over individual games like this. How many games did the gens get slammed and you got out with no effort that you don't remember?

    So few that after playing for a week I can still fit all the games on a single page gamer.

    If you do gens, play altruistically when necessary, bring DH and DS at the very least every game, ideally BT as well, and get good at chases, and TAKE CHASES, when your teammates are on death hook and you aren't,then you'll win more games.

    As if I don't already do that?

    Also note time of day greatly impacts game quality. At certain times og day the games as surv feel unwinnable.

    Cool, tell that to the people that get 1 hour free time to play DBD

    your rank is a representation of your skill.

    wrong

    Getting tunneled is a chance to practice chase.

    Bad teammates can help you improve your decision making skills by putting you in tough situations.

    Alright let's go, I'm being chased by this killer,

    hmmm, have been chasing this killer for 2 minutes now,

    it's ok, they were looking for gens,

    ok I'm down my teammates did one generator,

    only chased the killer for 5 minutes,

    everyone knows it takes 300 seconds to repair a generator.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975010#Comment_2975010

    It really feels bad when you go for proper safe hooks, do totems, run the killer, do the secondary objectives of certain killers (Pinhead), do gens etc. just for your teammates to muck it all up by being too scared to save each other/gens, not even look for devour/ruin, & pulling each other off in the killers face before he can take 3 steps.

    Exactly

    Could have been worse I guess, could’ve been completely removed.

    Since killers can close it that won't be a thing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975023#Comment_2975023

    You can't obsess over individual games like this. How many games did the gens get slammed and you got out with no effort that you don't remember?

    So few that after playing for a week I can still fit all the games on a single page gamer.

    If you do gens, play altruistically when necessary, bring DH and DS at the very least every game, ideally BT as well, and get good at chases, and TAKE CHASES, when your teammates are on death hook and you aren't,then you'll win more games.

    As if I don't already do that?

    Also note time of day greatly impacts game quality. At certain times og day the games as surv feel unwinnable.

    Cool, tell that to the people that get 1 hour free time to play DBD

    your rank is a representation of your skill.

    wrong

    Getting tunneled is a chance to practice chase.

    Bad teammates can help you improve your decision making skills by putting you in tough situations.

    Alright let's go, I'm being chased by this killer,

    hmmm, have been chasing this killer for 2 minutes now,

    it's ok, they were looking for gens,

    ok I'm down my teammates did one generator,

    only chased the killer for 5 minutes,

    everyone knows it takes 300 seconds to repair a generator.

    You refuted my arguments, I guess you're right. It isn't possible to reach high mmr. Might as well not bother posting complaints to this forum anyway then right? It's not like it'll change anything. Just accept the MMR you happened to end up in and be done with it. It's not like you can increase it, since there are three other players negatively impacting the games every time. In a team game like this, a single player simply can't have enough impact to win a game that would otherwise be hard to win. So once you reach a certain MMR, you're done. You can't go higher than that. So why bother trying? Well. Hope you find a way to make the game enjoyable at the MMR you're at. It's not possible to increase it anyway, except with blind luck. So no need to worry about it.

  • @MrMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975829#Comment_2975829

    You refuted my arguments, I guess you're right. It isn't possible to reach high mmr. Might as well not bother posting complaints to this forum anyway then right? It's not like it'll change anything. Just accept the MMR you happened to end up in and be done with it. It's not like you can increase it, since there are three other players negatively impacting the games every time. In a team game like this, a single player simply can't have enough impact to win a game that would otherwise be hard to win. So once you reach a certain MMR, you're done. You can't go higher than that. So why bother trying? Well. Hope you find a way to make the game enjoyable at the MMR you're at. It's not possible to increase it anyway, except with blind luck. So no need to worry about it.

    shut the ######### up man, this game wasn't always like that, that's why I'm here