Why 30 min countdown?

Shouldn't be that 30 min BEFORE the stream starts? It's kinda bad to wait that whole time to just open the stream and realise you have to wait EXTRA 30 min. I think it's better to share the real time when it starts rather than just 30 min early watching countdown. I noticed that many people in the chat also was upset about this.

I am not mad or anything, just want to give a feedback for a next stream. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  • Yeah glad i timed my lunch at 1 assuming id have the 30 minutes to watch what i could...NOPE. "Stream has begun" nah a stream of the countdown of the stream i guess.

  • Countdowns happen pretty much every dev stream pretty sure it's kinda annoying when you are on a timeline and just wanna quickly watch it

  • Yeah, I’ve meetings when it starts. Was hoping to watching the beginning at least.

  • I thought it was supposed to be at 630pm est?

    Guess all the friends I'm trying to bring back are out :-/

  • I also greatly disliked this decision, get people hyped for it to start at 1pm then start it with a half hour of waiting not very excited anymore back to being cynical I guess

  • They literally just announced on Discord that the "stream has begun". ... Except of course it has a 20 minute timer going so I guess 20 minutes of the "stream" is the timer? 🤷‍♂️

  • If I had to guess, the timer is probably to make sure the stream is up and running while they prepare the content of the stream, so they've got time to handle any technical difficulties?

    I really don't see why they couldn't announce the actual start time though, that's beyond me.

  • Annoying. Planned my lunch to watch it at 1. Got Bhvr'd instead.

  • I think we got BHVR'd 😂

  • @Raccoon said:

    I thought it was supposed to be at 630pm est?

    Guess all the friends I'm trying to bring back are out :-/

    Dead by Daylight is turning six on June 14, 2022, and Behaviour Interactive has a broadcast planned to celebrate the horror game's birthday.

    Oops - this site/top result has the wrong time.

  • Does it really matter? It’s just 30 minutes. This is nothing compared to my chemistry class today

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Annoying. Planned my lunch to watch it at 1. Got Bhvr'd instead.

    @supersonic853 said:

    Yeah glad i timed my lunch at 1 assuming id have the 30 minutes to watch what i could...NOPE. "Stream has begun" nah a stream of the countdown of the stream i guess.

    Same. Did they say the stream would start at 1 or 1:30?

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    Does it really matter? It’s just 30 minutes. This is nothing compared to my chemistry class today

    Well,some people have a life and they were expecting to catch part of it.

  • I didnt expect less.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    Does it really matter? It’s just 30 minutes. This is nothing compared to my chemistry class today

    Yes? People have to plan these things, especially during work hours.

  • I don't see why they couldn't just announce it as being at 1:30 if they were going to do this.

  • Hate this as well. I know it happened before and all. Still kinda soured this for me.

    now we actually gotta prepare our food while not missing anything at all because we were too lazy to prepare the food in time anyways.

  • I think they did this last anniversary too