The massive buff to an already meta perk
I'm incredibly confused why the devs would do this. Borrowed time just got a massive buff. Now, instead of the bleed out timer decreasing no matter what it only goes down if outside a chase. Now NC calling doesn't impact borrowed time at all. In order to mend yourself do you have to have self-care? I don't believe so but this is honestly ridiculous. How can anyone defend the insane buff this already meta perk just got?
P.S. I'm a console player, I haven't got to experience these new mechanics so I'm basing it off the patch notes. If I misread/misunderstood something I apologize.
P.S. I'm a console player, I haven't got to experience these new mechanics so I'm basing it off the patch notes. If I misread/misunderstood something I apologize.
Comments
Yes, Borrowed time is now the "Deep Wounds" effect. It no longer goes down during a chase.
I'm guessing it's intended to go against the killers that just tunnel all the time (one of the purposes BT exists).
But the "mend" action (how you heal from the Deep Wounds effect), is not considered healing. So Nurses Calling does not reveal you. However insta-heals CAN NOT be used to get you out of the Deep Wounds effect. You have to mend 1st.
We'll see how the PTB goes. Things could change before it goes live.
You know how you try to secure that last kill when the gates are open? Well, no more....
Killers: "I will facecamp because of OP Distortion perk"
BHVR: "Hold my beer." massively buffs Borrowed Time
You still just have to hit twice like before. I carry borrowed time on characters that don't have the perks I want because too often there's camping shitters who want to sit there and slash at the hooked person like an idiot and even if I body block one hit they still try for that potato that they know they're going to get.
It's not an unsafe hook if you have borrowed time. You lose a perk slot for it. It now helps serve it's purpose even better: counter to camping and tunneling.
These are changes that takes the game in a desirable direction: anti-camping and anti-tunneling. Camping and tunneling have been the most efficient (and lowest effort) strategies to take out survivors, and it's clear that they have been working to deter it through various means over the years.
I am not a fan of making Self Care more valuable, but it has been put in its place by the healing changes along with Sloppy Butcher being upgraded to a top tier killer perk, and furthered by indirectly buffing Nurse's Calling.
It also counters Iron Maiden, since some killers would probably run it along with BBQC.
Then what about legit players that do go to patrol and hunt others? In a realistic game. You get about 2 kills and the second kill is usually the last unlucky player when gates are open.
So with BT basically being infinite use and infinite timer. I am going to get punished for also playing a normal game. Given it's a meta perk it's a guaranteed in every game.
I am sorry for you if you only have 2 kills on average, with your last kill being a facecamp. I do not think that is an accurate depiction of the game.
You should try to punish the unhooker, especially if you are going to camp anyway. It will net you more points and take the same amount of effort.
In a coordinated 4 man SWF.
Solo players will never be optimal versus campers.
Parts of the game need to be designed to punish camping to counterbalance the fact that much of the game's design also encourages camping. It is ridiculous to expect players to coordinate perfectly, sacrifice a player, and interact with nothing for two minutes to combat a zero effort strategy.
Why is tunneling efficient and desirable? Why is camping efficient and desirable? Because the victim is far beyond easy to catch. Naturally killers will gravitate toward that option. (Myself included.) That does not promote good gameplay.
Tunneling is a very cheap concept and I am glad that it gets nerfed by buffing BT.
For both sides, game started to become more and more difficult and this is whether people accept it or not, a very positive thing. No more cheap wins.
Bullshit main buildings like barn or storehouse got nerfed to the ground. Those buildings required absolutely no skill, no mindgame chance for the killer and even no bloodlust for 110% ms killers for the most part. Tunneling doesn't require much skill, it is a tactic that is for sure but at least now survivors are gonna have something to say about it. More skill oriented, less bullshit.
Not to mention this is a perk. Most people are not gonna even bother using it.
Uh buddy that's what a balanced game looks like. If you are not camping a balanced out game gives 2 kills on average.
Getting 3 or 4 kills often involves survivors doing mistakes on their part.
The control of the game winning or losing is predominantly in the survivor's hands. Since all killers are susceptible to loops with a few exceptions. No killer has the ability to slow down gens to give them more time. Other than certain perks like ruin which often disappear within a few seconds.
Tydetime did a good job in explaining this.
So with that argument out of the way.
Punishing a killer trying to lock that last kill in is dumb in so many levels. Especially if they played a fair game.
So the killer is suppose to "fall for the bait" and go after another fully healed survivor and obviously lose that survivor eventually. What logic is that? Only S and A tier killers would even stand a chance to down a healthy survivor. Other tier killers would be screwed massively. Like you can forget about freddy or wraith. No special ability to lock in a fresh kill.
Not to mention often a good team work would mean tons of body blocking to defend the injured survivor and let them escape. So even if you decided to hunt the healthy one...you are screwed. If your killer has no one shot ability, that killer is done for.
That's a realistic game. Survivors make mistakes. Survivors are overly altruistic. Survivors can come in two pairs of SWF, each with their own different agendas. Survivors throw others under the bus or expose their teammates.
Statistically, the survival rate is below 2 survivors, not accounting for D/Cs and matches that start with 3 players.
Where were you the last ten months? #########? Do you need to see the patch notes? The only remaining issue is the strength of SWF over solos and average gen time. There has been a plethora of nerfs to survivors and various killer buffs over each and every patch, including the most recent Spirit patch.
If you are within facecamping distance and fail to injure an unhooker twice, that is your mistake. The same would happen in a regular game. You need to hit them twice or they escape, except you can't chase them around the same pallet for 20 seconds anymore.
Tunneling takes no skill? Yea just like looping. Going in circles for 4 times and dropping a pallet and moving to next loop spot is braindead too but survivors defend it with their lives because what other way do you have to survive?
Similarly tunneling down the one you already hooked is a guaranteed kill...it's braindead but the most economical for you as a killer. Similar to how no brain pallet looping is economical for a survivor to buy time for their team.
There has literally been a poster that camped all the way up to Rank 1 and documented his progress. lol
and I mean, I can't tell you what is what since I don't exactly need to facecamp as Hag (or is that technically all I do?). I'm just going to agree to disagree here then.
The average rate is 2? So that means 2 people survive and 2 die..
How are you quoting a statistic that supports what I said?
A plethora of nerfs to survivor? Care to list them down? Cuz the biggest one was removing the vaccum of pallets which is something both sides loved.
"Survivors make mistakes. Survivors are overly altruistic". There you go, again another point agreeing with what I said which was said by tydetyme in the video. Which obviously you didn't watch because if you did. You wouldn't be making that argument.
A killer has no control over how the game goes. It's all in the survivor hands. Survivors makes mistakes by being overly altruistic? That's my point...
That's not an ideal game...if you want a definition of an ideal game...is when both sides play smart...no over altruistic team. Good gen management. Good hook management. Killer does his best in hooking every one at least once. If both sides play optimal. The killer is still heavily punished for the 2nd kill. Coming from your very statistic that is 2 or more on average...in other words it's 2...the middle number is 2...
So a optimal killer is still penalised for that 2nd kill. With a no one shot ability and B tier killer onwards is done for. It's the killer's fault for not getting in 2 hits? Let's see with SB meta. I hit the rescuing survivor once and they SB out after saving. I am still done for. Chase them down? Not if my killer has not chasing ability....
By the way how many hours have you clocked in by any chance? I have 3k hours and I know when a killer perk is too op and when a survivor perk is too op. You don't sound anywhere near to having played this game long.
Looping used to not take much skill because windows were really safe and there were many looping spots that didn't allow killers to mindgame. Now the game changed and most of those spots are gone. Looping is not braindead easy anymore. Not to mention that killers have perks like bamboozle that instantly kills shack and jungle gyms.
Waiting in front of a survivor and then hitting him doesn't take any skill at all. At least, now survivors can say something about it by sacrificing one perk slot.
The buff is cuz of the new killer's power.
The new killer would be too OP if they did not. And I'm guessing that they didn't want to have 2 types of borrowed time.
So as a killer I must burn an entire perk slot to counter an in built game mechanic that is looping to help survivors survive? Sounds pretty balanced really. An entire perk slow to counter a game mechanic. How about just fix the game mechanic I.e the map design. Instead of forcing a meta perk? That you will have eventually revisit because it became meta?
Also bamboozled only works with window loops. Pallet loops are still a thing and thanks to map design there is still a ton of pallets around that survivor can go in circle 4 times. Drop and run to the next one. How do I know that? Cuz it happens often at high ranks. I have to either eat through the pallets or go find another survivor. Which is such a huge waste of time.
People use annoying tactics because it works and the answer is not nerfing the other player for utilising it. Change the game mechanic, change how survivors loop. Lesser pallets and loop spots. Give survivors faster gen repair speeds instead.
Change how killers can kill. Just make it simple. You won't be unable to hook the same person till you hook another one. Done. I cannot tunnel. Take it out of the game itself, if tunneling is so frowned upon. Do that and remove loops. Fix the game mechanic itself and you will see gameplay changes.
The fact it remains it means it's a game mechanic they cannot or won't change and it's wrong to punish those who use it when you provide them with that only means. Give more options that are just as economical to use.
Yea like I said...it's dumb not to be economical since time is a factor against the killer.
You can watch tydetyme video to understand that point better.
@KingB
Yeah the deep would is kinda meh in my opinion too.
All I say is that I can see why they changed BT. I don't say I like it.
The self mending also is a nice buff that will make you not want to break chase...
I'm kinda disappointed with that update.
40% of people survive through gates and hatch, 60% die. The rates would be even lower to account for D/Cs. That's not 2:2. This goes for all ranks. Including the supposed tippy top.
I thought we were talking about a realistic game, not a sweaty hypothetical ranting about an asymmetrical game's core necessities.
I was going to list the changes for you, but then I recall that you clocked in 3000 hours of the game. So if you don't notice how your games have been changing for you over time, then perhaps that speaks for the 'value' of your 'experience'.
Go. Cling onto a disillusioned rant from January. The devs should see exactly who they are pandering to and how much they actually get from it.
I don't know. I think you can search "Camping experiment" in the forum and you can find the thread. I posted once, but I wasn't very active at the time and can't remember the user's name. IIRC, HybridPanda also posted a gameplay series that he tested camping with, but I don't know how far he went with it.
That's great. Marth had an interesting concept. That doesn't defeat the fact that camping is practical enough to bring a killer to Rank 1 May not be helpful in a tournament, but it is enough for our ranking system.
only thing I hate about it is that the ones who DESERVE to be camped will likely benefit most. (trolly teabaggers, the ones who always seem to lead you to someone else, and those who like to click their dollar-store flashlights repeatedly.)
and yea, borrowed time was a thing, but then the camper became a tunneler and the bs cycle continued.
the pause on the timer fixes that. I also expect many things from this patch will be tweaked over time.
also, if you didn't notice, I acknowledge its gonna suck to go up against, but I feel its the price we all have to pay due to some toxic players behavior.
(for the record, I usually have nothing against tunneling because, when not done with toxic motives, its essentially just target prioritization)
I was going to list the changes for you.
Yea more like you don't have any to list.
Go. Cling onto a disillusioned rant from January. The devs should see exactly who they are pandering to and how much they actually get from it.
Probably they should be listening to people who are spending more time playing their game than casuals like you.
Toxic players? I don't know about toxic killers. I only tunnel down survivors that BM. Other wise I play a normal game. I already maxed out everything. So it's more of just having fun at this point but if I ever do tunnel to ruin a game for someone, it's for people that BM in game.
what, cause the devs said so?
yet here they are actively buffing something to cancel it out a bit... so maybe you should revisit your views on that?
also, did you not just literally elaborate on the very point I made? that it will absolutely suck that some toxic players will benefit from this?
At this point it just seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing... so... have fun with that... we will just have to wait and see what changes are made in the future.
Did anyone else think this was gonna be about the pebble buffs
I pray this is a joke if not then I pray that you never face anyone using BBQ. Best of luck.
Although I agree that Distortion perk will have adverse affects on newer or more casual (in time played) killers I don't really think having your BBQ aura blocked will do much. If you didn't see an aura before you assumed everyone was nearby and would search the area, now if everyone is running Distortion you will most likely still stay nearby in case people happened to be close. The only thing I see Distortion truly affecting in Nurses Calling.
They adressed camping already, now they are trying to adress tunneling.
Im still waiting for them to fix camping and tunneling on the survivors side though
Remember though, in a trade off for Borrowed Time becoming Deep Wounds, its timer was reduced significantly. So it doesnt count down during a chase, but it doesn't have as long a timer.
Does that balance out? I don't know. My gut feeling is Deep Wounds is a neat idea that needs to be reworked. Having it count down while in a chase just isn't going to work unless they increase the timer significantly to make up for it. But I'm not sure what the best solution for it is.
The change is terrible. BT timer reduced by 5 seconds is worth nothing. Good looper can now waste your time like crazy, because the timer does not run out while chased.
And you can get chased forever and right out the open gate, because the timer won't run out!
And to "mend" you do no longer need help or SC or a medkit… just rub your belly for 15 seconds while you are unaffected by Sloppy, NC, Caulthro, etc.