Can every survivor PLEASE bring Decisive Strike in their game?

Tunneling is getting worse these days, and your basically just screwing over your teammates because you didn’t equip it. Don’t get me wrong, I also wanna swap it out to try other perks because the meta perks are becoming more boring these days, but the Killers want someone quickly out of the game so they have a easier time. So please, just bring it! It’s worth it and you can help your team out many times!

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945414#Comment_2945414

    I mean tunnelling happens throughout the course of normal play, sometimes the unhooker ghosts and leaves the unhooked up as bait, and often times it's survivors intentionally baiting the DS.

    If you're gonna intentionally park your ass in front of my blade it's getting slashed, you're only wasting your DS on an avoidable hit, so I'm not too bothered.

    Yeah when a surv thinks I am going to ignore him because tunneling is stupid he is wrong and if I happen to follow your scratchmakrs from the hook because your mate is freaking ninja that's to bad

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945401#Comment_2945401

    Survivors get a -10% repair speed debuff for each survivor still in the game?

    That could work.

    On Propnight, I think the survivors faster repair machines each death of one of them.

  • I'm not running a one time perk on my builds.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I'd much prefer it if my teammates stopped farming me off the hook please and thank you.

    Are there times when the killer would have come at me regardless and DS would have saved me? Yes. But for every one of those, there are nine times when a teammate snatches me off the hook with the killer only getting to take three steps away or if the killer did actually leave, my teammate grabs me and sprints away as fast as humanly possible and/or makes sure to hide before the killer comes back.

    Same I rather my teammates run borrow or wait to unhooked me.

  • Sometimes I'll tunnel if someone unhooks a survivor right in front of my face after I've hooked them and before I've even had a chance to wander off somewhere. I'll thwack the unhooked person and if BT doesn't proc, I'll leave them be and tunnel the unhooker for being such a complete idiot.

  • I think they should buff DS.

    It's currently one of the top percentile of survivor perks in terms of usage (both from various metric sites and anecdotally).

    If only there was something they could do to make it the absolute best mandatory perk in the game.

    Sigh.

  • I run DS every single time unless I'm doing an adept.It doesn't get used every game but it can be such a game changer,if you get unhooked during engame it's a free escape.

  • @TheycallmeLix said:

    Tunneling is getting worse these days, and your basically just screwing over your teammates because you didn’t equip it. Don’t get me wrong, I also wanna swap it out to try other perks because the meta perks are becoming more boring these days, but the Killers want someone quickly out of the game so they have a easier time. So please, just bring it! It’s worth it and you can help your team out many times!

    tbh, decisive can stop camping but it surely cannot stop tunneling, so it's not very great

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/322825/can-every-survivor-please-bring-decisive-strike-in-their-game

    tbh, decisive can stop camping but it surely cannot stop tunneling, so it's not very great

    DS was never about stopping the Killer from tunneling you,it's just to punish the killer for going after the unhooked survivor and give some time to your team to rush these gens fast.

    Most of the time if the Killer eats your DS you already know the killer will only focus on you until you're dead.

    DS is a great perk beceause you're buying alot of time for your team to pop those gens and hopefully get a 3 man escape.

    DS is not a selfish perk it's a team perk if you think about it.

    Now if you don't care about the 3 others random survivors you're playing with then yeah you won't run this perk and just go into the next game.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945242#Comment_2945242

    Playing without anti-gen is hard, i respect that. I am glad someone still has fun on DbD

    Eh I wouldnt go that far. I simply dont care about the outcome of the match at all. Only thing that makes sweat are challenges. I came back after 2 months break just to get one rift skin and I will be most likely gone once I get it.

    Or when they add new gamemode, nerf the dumb perk grind and make normal FOV for killers. So in few years maybe

  • @Piruluk said:

    DS is too weak to prevent tunneling, you will live few more seconds, and cant repair gens etc.

    Killer mains destroyed the perk, overnerfed

    Right, killers destroyed it, not survivors who brought it upon themselves for abusing it a lot, definitely always killers fault, killers are stupid

  • No. I do not care. Get over it. I want to run other perks.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Can you also only unhook if you have BT please? Thanks.

    Also make sure you have DH, because when you don't extend your chase by 20 seconds you're screwing over your teammates.

    Now we've got that out of the way, what would you like to use as your ONE optional perk? Your options are Unbreakable or Circle of Healing.

    (Btw, everyone running DS will result in it getting nerfed again. Just a heads up)

    Not really, because it's a balanced perk now, would we nerf technician if everyone ran it? I doubt it

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Never. If that means I die faster, so be it. I dont take the game seriously anymore to run meta ######### other than BT but that one is more for me to get safe unhook points than anything else

    Prove thyself, BT, WGLF,small game is a good way to get the most of your surv games.

  • You know you're allowed to disagree with me but there is no need to be rude about it ?

    People have different opinions not everyone has to agree with you we can also argue about why do you think I am wrong.

    But I guess it's much more easier to just be rude with random strangers on the Internet behind your screen.

    kinda sad and disappointing tbh

  • cover5 (1).jpg

    btw, this is the build I always use on solo queue.

  • @Ayamir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945484#Comment_2945484

    You know you're allowed to disagree with me but there is no need to be rude about it ?

    People have different opinions not everyone has to agree with you we can also argue about why do you think I am wrong.

    But I guess it's much more easier to just be rude with random strangers on the Internet behind your screen.

    kinda sad and disappointing tbh

    Because making those who don't play DS feel guilty, in a condescending and haughty tone, isn't "sad and disappointing", maybe ?

    Your thinking is limited to "You don't play DS = selfish".

    Cheer.

  • You don't have to tell me twice. I run this perk 24/7.

    If I were to play 10 games, 8-9 games it'd be used.

  • If all survivors started running DS it would be nerfed so go right ahead xD

  • I don't use DS because it's a crutch perk that survivors now rely on because it allows them to be risky with no consequence instead of being stealthy.

  • I run BT as a survivor and take the hit if needed, it is far more beneficial for the majority. DS is a strong perk, but rather run some type of information perk as a solo. Also, usually not insta saving also cuts down on the tunneling efficiency and frequency.

  • No, when I bring it the timer runs out before I lose the chase post-unhook, and I don't care for using it in EGC.

  • @Piruluk said:

    DS is too weak to prevent tunneling, you will live few more seconds, and cant repair gens etc.

    Killer mains destroyed the perk, overnerfed

    It never really worked for its intended purpose, and the nerfs were necessary.

    DS is pretty much always assumed to be in play anyway, so you can also always assume that if you get to use it, the killer doesn't care, or is just trying to get it off of you early as opposed to getting hit with it late.

    The cold truth is that a killer who is determined to tunnel you out is going to tunnel you out, and there's nothing that will stop them. You'd break the game trying to create preventative measures strong enough.

    If you want to stop tunneling, you have to use the carrot instead of the stick. What does that look like? I don't know, but I do know that punitive perks aren't an effective deterrent, and never have been.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944949#Comment_2944949

    It never really worked for its intended purpose, and the nerfs were necessary.

    DS is pretty much always assumed to be in play anyway, so you can also always assume that if you get to use it, the killer doesn't care, or is just trying to get it off of you early as opposed to getting hit with it late.

    The cold truth is that a killer who is determined to tunnel you out is going to tunnel you out, and there's nothing that will stop them. You'd break the game trying to create preventative measures strong enough.

    If you want to stop tunneling, you have to use the carrot instead of the stick. What does that look like? I don't know, but I do know that punitive perks aren't an effective deterrent, and never have been.

    The reward for spreading hooks needs to be even remotely close to the reward for tunneling someone out. We have perks like Thana to reward spreading out injures instead of just securing downs one at a time, but there isn't really anything similar for hook states, or even just not hooking the same person twice in a row. Currently (especially with the CoH meta) its strategically a bad idea to play fairly, which is a really bad position to be in when the role is already losing players due to its level of stress.

  • Its the perk that influences escapes, if not for yourself it will for the 3 others. It has no counter other than survivor stupidity. Survivors should always run this perk since their role is inept.

    Bam 3 gens pop against a weaker killer (which survivors should be allowed to do this, isnt the problem), weaker killer takes ds after a well orchestrated proxy and loses (even though it would be a retaliation to the 3 gens that popped out of the killers control). Killers cant do anything in a high level scenario might as well lose every single trial. This game is going to fail if these devs keep mary-sueing the survivors. Gg wp

  • I've never needed DS before and I don't need DS now.

1 2 ›