I hate flashlights, so usually I would dodge the lobby all together. But if I stay, I usually bring Lightborn and sometimes I'll bring Franklin's Demise along with it.
9/10 times they just want to scare you, and don't actually know how to use them. Had multiple matches with 4 flashlights, even tho i baited saves, no one came or even hit it right.
BUT, if you're Hag player, take Franklin and trap them, they'll lose so much time going back for them xD
If I see 3-4 then I'll probably put Lightborn, mostly because 3-4 suggests to me that it's a group loading in with the intention to shine flashlights all match. If it's just two then I don't bother.
I rejoice! If all four of them have flashlights, then there's a damn good chance that they're a bully squad. I'm kind of okaish at the game so I can usually deal with them. Although I admit that these squads can be incredibly painful to face in certain scenarios. I.e. if they all jump in lockers and constantly force you to grab, leading to a free save. Super annoying when that happens and not a whole lot of counter play if they're all doing it.
Honestly I sometimes just dodge the lobby, I'm a beginner at killer so if I see a full lobby of flashlights I ain't in the mood for that ######### haha.
I don't understand why it matters how many flashlights they take in? If you're that scared of flashlights, just so you know survivors can get them from Chests too. Goodluck sleeping tonight.
I sometimes will put Lightborn on but, that's sometimes before I enter the lobby and I see flashlights then once I see them I'm like well that's ironic. Most of the time though I just don't both cause you can still just bait them to come out of hiding.
At 2 flashlights I grab Lightborn, at more than two flashlights I just leave the lobby. I'm not interested in the type of teamplay that comes with a team full of beamers.
What do I answer when I ignore the lobby and just run Lightborn 100% of the time? There can be zero flashlights in the lobby and I still have Lightborn on.
Lightborn allows you to troll survivors and have fun when seeing them trying to blind you. I always have a good time when that happens. And Franklyn's makes them be salty, and I don't want to hear a survivor crying at me for half an hour for using it.
The only thing about flashlights that is uncounterable is locker tech - which Iron Maiden makes so hard, that I never had it succesfully happen against me with it on. Iron Maiden is very underrated in general, I encourage you to try and use it in place of Lightborn - which does it's job... but is trap of a perk. Survivors can see that you have it from the very first second, so they will just genrush.
2-3 flashlights don't phase me. If I saw 2 flashlights and 2 med-kits/toolboxes, I might consider Franklin's. If I see 4 flashlights, I might consider going full meme build and putting on Lightborne+Agitation+Mad Grit.
One of my 3 main perk sets includes Lightborn. I either just switch over to it or I ignore it. One or two people with flashlights doesn't always mean very much, because not everyone can use a flashlight. Hell, I'm not even that good with it. But I don't like lobbies with four flashlights. Those are the people I tend to dodge. The ones who like to act big and tough in a group, but couldn't play solo if their life depended on it. I dodge them and deny them any BP from me.
This. SWF's with flashlight are so easy and fun to play against because the fakes of picking up always work so in the end i just snowball them all cause they keep trying. Here is a tip.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I smell a legion tech
I hate flashlights, so usually I would dodge the lobby all together. But if I stay, I usually bring Lightborn and sometimes I'll bring Franklin's Demise along with it.
they're easy to counter without the perks. If they're pressuring pick ups thats 2 people min not on gens, and if you play it right 2 downs.
I don't pay attention to items of survivors. I don't think killer should be able know ahead of time if survivors have specific items.
Put Franklin's cause they hate it or just look downwardish before you pick them up or away something where light can't reach your eyes.
yep that's right! whos laughing now!
None. Flashlight are weak and a minor annoyance
The evil me wants to equip Franklin's, but half the time im not even looking at the lobby, i just alt-tab back into the loading screen.
Sunglasses go on when i see them
9/10 times they just want to scare you, and don't actually know how to use them. Had multiple matches with 4 flashlights, even tho i baited saves, no one came or even hit it right.
BUT, if you're Hag player, take Franklin and trap them, they'll lose so much time going back for them xD
I couldn't care less what they do in the lobby.
If I see 3-4 then I'll probably put Lightborn, mostly because 3-4 suggests to me that it's a group loading in with the intention to shine flashlights all match. If it's just two then I don't bother.
I don't do it every time but lightborn is kind of hilarious whenever there are 2+ flashlights and survivors are really trying to use them
The leave lobby option exists for a reason.
I rejoice! If all four of them have flashlights, then there's a damn good chance that they're a bully squad. I'm kind of okaish at the game so I can usually deal with them. Although I admit that these squads can be incredibly painful to face in certain scenarios. I.e. if they all jump in lockers and constantly force you to grab, leading to a free save. Super annoying when that happens and not a whole lot of counter play if they're all doing it.
Why would I waste a perk on one of the worst survivor item types? I face a wall or kill the people nearby.
If the Killer I'm playing doesn't happen to have Lightborn I will straight up dodge the lobby
Either dodge or not depending on a killer I play or my mood. But I never use franklins and lightborn.
Honestly I sometimes just dodge the lobby, I'm a beginner at killer so if I see a full lobby of flashlights I ain't in the mood for that ######### haha.
It's not necessarily because of the flashlights, I just like to use Franklin's against any item.
4 beamers and I dodge, I have none of the anti-beamer perks
I don't understand why it matters how many flashlights they take in? If you're that scared of flashlights, just so you know survivors can get them from Chests too. Goodluck sleeping tonight.
Franklins cause + contering it i destroy the item and make them grind again XD
I like having fun with Lightborn + Agitation + Mad Grit + Forced Penance, don't care if I could do without Lightborn, I just adore it.
overwhelming presence, sometimes better xD Many stop clicking lights xD I take it sometimes
I sometimes will put Lightborn on but, that's sometimes before I enter the lobby and I see flashlights then once I see them I'm like well that's ironic. Most of the time though I just don't both cause you can still just bait them to come out of hiding.
Either franklin's or nothing at all if I don't feel like it. I never run lightborn.
At 2 flashlights I grab Lightborn, at more than two flashlights I just leave the lobby. I'm not interested in the type of teamplay that comes with a team full of beamers.
What do I answer when I ignore the lobby and just run Lightborn 100% of the time? There can be zero flashlights in the lobby and I still have Lightborn on.
I only switch up my perks for 4 medkits
Lightborn allows you to troll survivors and have fun when seeing them trying to blind you. I always have a good time when that happens. And Franklyn's makes them be salty, and I don't want to hear a survivor crying at me for half an hour for using it.
I accept the challenge.
I put Iron Maiden on.
The only thing about flashlights that is uncounterable is locker tech - which Iron Maiden makes so hard, that I never had it succesfully happen against me with it on. Iron Maiden is very underrated in general, I encourage you to try and use it in place of Lightborn - which does it's job... but is trap of a perk. Survivors can see that you have it from the very first second, so they will just genrush.
"leave lobby" exists for this reason.
2-3 flashlights don't phase me. If I saw 2 flashlights and 2 med-kits/toolboxes, I might consider Franklin's. If I see 4 flashlights, I might consider going full meme build and putting on Lightborne+Agitation+Mad Grit.
I know this poll isn't for me and my kind, but I'll answer anyway:
Take off my medkit because I know that Killer is bringing Franklin's and I'm #########.
One of my 3 main perk sets includes Lightborn. I either just switch over to it or I ignore it. One or two people with flashlights doesn't always mean very much, because not everyone can use a flashlight. Hell, I'm not even that good with it. But I don't like lobbies with four flashlights. Those are the people I tend to dodge. The ones who like to act big and tough in a group, but couldn't play solo if their life depended on it. I dodge them and deny them any BP from me.
If I play completely relaxed, I take lightborn or Infectious Fright.
If I want to embarrass the survivors, I take Franklin or Infectious Fright or both.
If I play seriously I'm just... smiling.
must of the time they change in last moment, if not then starstruck agitation lightborn
I usually have one or the other ton anyway. But against 4 flashlights, they are both going on just to piss people off
I always bring Lightborn, this perk is comfortable for me
This. SWF's with flashlight are so easy and fun to play against because the fakes of picking up always work so in the end i just snowball them all cause they keep trying. Here is a tip.