If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to win games, you're not good at Killer

Yep. What the title says. If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to passively win you games, you're not good at Killer. And that's fine! It's fine to want more chill games and not have to get flustered and stressed out because gen speeds are too fast. But don't act like you're amazing at Killer by BM'ing and being a jerk in chat afterwards when you're clearly relying on multiple crutches to do even partially decent. It's like camping a corner of a doorway in a competitive multiplayer FPS and thinking you're somehow a god at the game.


Same goes for all of these Survivors who can't play a single match without their Circle of Healing, Dead Hard, and Brand New Parts.


TL;DR - Play however you want, but don't be a jerkoff when you know you're relying heavily on meta perks to even manage to do well. Don't BM the Killer in an exit gate, and don't shake your head and slap a Survivor on hook when your perks are literally passively winning you games.

Comments

  • But that's really the point of competitive games, is it not? To arm yourself with that which gives you the best advantage over other players? The people that use arguably weaker or niche perks are usually those who just want to meme around and don't usually have the goal of coming out on top.

    I mean, I don't use CoH or DH or any items other than an occasional medkit, and I'd consider myself a pretty average player. If I wanted to be better, then I'd probably take advantage of those for sure.

  • Turth, my basement Bubba has zero slowdown perks and i'm amazing at this game.

  • @Raccoon said:

    User creates click bait title in an apparent attempt to battle toxicity.

    User complains about getting the expected click bait title replies while talking down to others.

    More irony at 6, after sports.

    If people actually read the OP's post it wasn't toxic. I disagree with them as it's too much of a blanket statement. If you need 4 slowdowns as Nurse, well yeah you kinda suck. At least at Nurse. If you need 4 slowdowns as Trapper, well yeah Trapper is terrible.

  • @N8dog said:

    If you need dead hard, decisive strike, iron will and/or unbreakable you're a bad survivor. That's how I feel about those perks.

    Hey come on now, it takes skill to press E.

  • @SensualPotato said:

    Well it's easy to see which people are the type of people to only read the title of a news article and then get tilted by it.

    Your intentions with the absurd title were to attract this kind of attention. I don't get why you seem surprised.

  • I don't really care about my skill level and what anyone thinks of me. After all, I play the game for fun, I couldn't care less about what someone random on the internet thinks about me.

  • Mr OP, things could have been way different if you phrased your title and some words differently. Typing stuff when you are not being neutral will not get your opinions across in any way unless your intention to troll this kind of peeps in the first place.

    I agree with your post 100% but then again it will never change. This is the internet.

    Idiots and toxic people are everywhere. One toxic guy just needs to start his toxicity and it can spread like wildfire. They are just not worth the time and I'll just hope karma does it for me.

  • @SensualPotato said:

    Yep. What the title says. If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to passively win you games, you're not good at Killer. And that's fine! It's fine to want more chill games and not have to get flustered and stressed out because gen speeds are too fast. But don't act like you're amazing at Killer by BM'ing and being a jerk in chat afterwards when you're clearly relying on multiple crutches to do even partially decent. It's like camping a corner of a doorway in a competitive multiplayer FPS and thinking you're somehow a god at the game.

    Same goes for all of these Survivors who can't play a single match without their Circle of Healing, Dead Hard, and Brand New Parts.

    TL;DR - Play however you want, but don't be a jerkoff when you know you're relying heavily on meta perks to even manage to do well. Don't BM the Killer in an exit gate, and don't shake your head and slap a Survivor on hook when your perks are literally passively winning you games.

    this is YOUR opinion... i personally disagree since slowdown peks are NEEDED if you want to have longer matches, otherwise the match won't last enough to allow you to make points (and even then you can still have an unplayable match due to the genspeed utterly boosted from perks and items)

  • So... If I only run 2 slowdown, I am a skilled killer?


    And my NOED/Rancor build is fine because it doesn't have 3 or more slowdown?


    At least someone understands what I am trying to accomplish here. Wins without crutches.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    So... If I only run 2 slowdown, I am a skilled killer?

    And my NOED/Rancor build is fine because it doesn't have 3 or more slowdown?

    At least someone understands what I am trying to accomplish here. Wins without crutches.

    Why noed and rancor? I've never understood the point of that combo

  • I think using some non meta as survivor can help you play better.

    Instead of dead hard use sprint burst. It stops you running around so much leaving marks everywhere.

    And half survs can't use dead hard well anyway, normally derp themselves into a wall.

    Had a classic surv d.h to make a window vault, then tha hatchet hit them after it anyway.

  • @SensualPotato said:

    Yep. What the title says. If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to passively win you games, you're not good at Killer. And that's fine! It's fine to want more chill games and not have to get flustered and stressed out because gen speeds are too fast. But don't act like you're amazing at Killer by BM'ing and being a jerk in chat afterwards when you're clearly relying on multiple crutches to do even partially decent. It's like camping a corner of a doorway in a competitive multiplayer FPS and thinking you're somehow a god at the game.

    Same goes for all of these Survivors who can't play a single match without their Circle of Healing, Dead Hard, and Brand New Parts.

    TL;DR - Play however you want, but don't be a jerkoff when you know you're relying heavily on meta perks to even manage to do well. Don't BM the Killer in an exit gate, and don't shake your head and slap a Survivor on hook when your perks are literally passively winning you games.

    Play a trapper without perks to slow down the generators and tell me what will happen to you hahahah

    The game as it is today is MANDATORY the perks of slowing down the generators and saying that "you are not good" is bullshit, because I will tell you from my experience, you can make 4k or a good game without perks of generators but if the survivors are very bad, if they are moderately good, withdraw from the game.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2938193#Comment_2938193

    It is not, but you dont need 3 or even 4 Slowdown-Perks. Especially not on the strongest Killers.

    IMO, playing that many Slowdown-Perks makes the game really easy as Killer.

    As fast as gens can go, it does not hurt to carry a heavy slow down build. Especially on slow m1 killers with little chase power.

    Tgis is a foolish whine from people who don't truly understand the killer role.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939223#Comment_2939223

    Why noed and rancor? I've never understood the point of that combo

    Rancor reveals all survivor locations after each gen pop, including the fifth. So if you take mental note of where they all were, you could get multiple insta downs. I’ve never ran the combo, but that’s the idea I would suppose.

  • @Crowman said:

    Running meta perks and trying to win does not make you a bad killer/survivor.

    Good players in other competitive games do pick the best characters or loadouts and there's nothing wrong with that.

    @DrDeepwound said:

    Gotta love these threads.

    "You suck for trying to win at a video game"

    @Pulsar said:

    You're allowed to be wrong, I suppose.

    This. There really isn't much more to say.

  • Sounds like you're just bad at being a survivor

  • @SensualPotato said:

    Well it's easy to see which people are the type of people to only read the title of a news article and then get tilted by it.

    So, I've read the post and I only use killing-oriented perks.

    However, what I'm getting is that you are trying to get some frustration out by putting out some narrative.

    Judging a playstyle, demeaning it but saying "It's OK" is a very poor attempt at manipulation and kind of arrogant.

    Trying to reframe or saying people haven't read or misunderstood is a typical follow up.

    ---

    To other players: play however you want AND don't let anyone judge your choices.

  • Slow down perks are useless anyways. The gens will get done regardless.

  • Bruh another survivor main just couldnt hold m1 for 80 seconds to get the win and crying here in forums LOL. Gen speed is definetly A PROBLEM for almost all killers except one or two. And those are "game slowing" perks, which give them enough time to make game run longer so they can show their skills, without hearing "chling chling chling" voice three times and only 2 gen remains after hooking the first one. They doesnt bring the win or skill, they bring ENOUGH time to show themselves. If you are still dying to a killer with no gen speed perk, its not because the killer was good, it is because you were bad. Guys are like you the biggest reason why this game is going bad, because i am sure even BHVR is not sure whom to listen and shape their gameplay around it so we are like in flow on a wavy sea.

  • If you don't need meta perks to 4k best of best survivors, you are simply cheating.

    Not even streamers or tourney players can manage that, the chances are you aren't playing fair.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    fair, but it also depends on the killer let's say it's a clown or a legion or a trapper or a deathslinger..etc these killers kinda need all the help they can get. but if it's a nemesis or a blight or a nurse it becomes super boring.

    Wonder why is a problem getting chased should be fun it doesnt matter if the killer is a clown or a blight.

    Thats not perk problem is Behaviour problem.

  • You seem like pro killer haha

  • I've always wanted a system in place, that rewards players for running off meta. Because its true, getting a 4K with 4 meta perks, is nowhere near as impressive as getting a 4K with 4 non meta perks. I wish the game recognised and rewarded this.

1 2 ›