lgbtism either can't be illness or phobic

but way to reveal david was gay not good

its like overwatch, users never found and cared any characters sexual preference

but suddenly company feed me like more important to know who is gay or lesbian more than their original lore

Comments

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931912#Comment_2931912

    One of the community managers talked about how he (and I'm sure many of his colleagues) wouldn't have felt right about the first lgbt character being locked behind a DLC that you're expected to pay for

    If anything that would just make it look like BHVR is trying to just profit off of the whole thing, instead of actually giving a damn about it

    Whether you like the decision they made or not, at least it's not something they expect you to pay for. Hell, one thing I respect BHVR for is making the pride charms optional. You can just not redeem them if you're not interested, despite some people crying about it being ""forced"""

    Being real, I believe you mean Peanits response right? Read like an excuse.

    Them highlighting they didn't want it to be paid just kinda excuses them from doing free content for a survivor and making a new one. Even if it was paid, I'd think higher of it. It would show they put in more work than choosing a character and simply expanding their lore to make it make sense.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931935#Comment_2931935

    Being real, I believe you mean Peanits response right? Read like an excuse.

    Them highlighting they didn't want it to be paid just kinda excuses them from doing free content for a survivor and making a new one. Even if it was paid, I'd think higher of it. It would show they put in more work than choosing a character and simply expanding their lore to make it make sense.

    I mean they dedicated an entire tome to it, it's not like the twitter post they made was the only thing they did

    IDK I just don't see it as that big of a deal. I get that some people think the way they went about it was poor and I have mixed feelings on it, I'd have prefered it if they had just let people read the lore and realise it themselves but I guess they were proud of it/wanted to let people know since this is something they are asked on a very frequent basis

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931941#Comment_2931941

    I mean they dedicated an entire tome to it, it's not like the twitter post they made was the only thing they did

    IDK I just don't see it as that big of a deal. I get that some people think the way they went about it was poor and I have mixed feelings on it, I'd have prefered it if they had just let people read the lore and realise it themselves but I guess they were proud of it/wanted to let people know since this is something they are asked on a very frequent basis

    I even don't see it as a big deal, but I'm just keeping myself involved even if j for sure have my own opinion on it.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931912#Comment_2931912

    One of the community managers talked about how he (and I'm sure many of his colleagues) wouldn't have felt right about the first lgbt character being locked behind a DLC that you're expected to pay for

    If anything that would just make it look like BHVR is trying to just profit off of the whole thing, instead of actually giving a damn about it

    Whether you like the decision they made or not, at least it's not something they expect you to pay for. Hell, one thing I respect BHVR for is making the pride charms optional. You can just not redeem them if you're not interested, despite some people crying about it being ""forced"""

    They could have made that DLC and donate a % of what they made with it to an LGBT organization. Also technically you can still get the character with shards since it's original.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931935#Comment_2931935

    They could have made that DLC and donate a % of what they made with it to an LGBT organization. Also technically you can still get the character with shards since it's original.

    Fair point but my counter point would be

    That's not what people were asking for.

    People were asking for representation in the game, not for BHVR to do charity work on behalf of a particular community. If BHVR ever does do something along those lines, all the power to them but saying they could have done something that people weren't asking them to do is a bit odd

  • I think them making David gay is good and they should keep making everyone else LGBTQ+ also and they should never stop doing it

  • what are you even talking about

  • @ImprobableCarny said:

    I think them making David gay is good and they should keep making everyone else LGBTQ+ also and they should never stop doing it

    based

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931906#Comment_2931906

    I don't see the need to assume bhvr would've made a cliche if they had made a new character.

    Always assume the worst but to be honest you are probably right. But the first part still stands you don't now some one is gay till you know because they are like every one else

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931941#Comment_2931941

    I mean they dedicated an entire tome to it, it's not like the twitter post they made was the only thing they did

    IDK I just don't see it as that big of a deal. I get that some people think the way they went about it was poor and I have mixed feelings on it, I'd have prefered it if they had just let people read the lore and realise it themselves but I guess they were proud of it/wanted to let people know since this is something they are asked on a very frequent basis

    Maybe they where simply proud of it. Maybe they just wanted every on to know because I would certainly never know if it wasn't for the tweet or the forum. And let's be real it's a "big" thing and why let a good opportunity to let new customers hear of you go to waste in the end they are a company they should sell stuff

  • Ok, maybe i missunderstand this, but how is it not a political ideology?

    Dont get me wrong, to be LGBT is just how people are, BUT the LGBTQ+-movement? It tries to push legislation for equal right, against discrimination and acts of hate, as well as trying to define what it is. And where hate and discrimination begins and end is a matter of ideology (at least as how i understand that term as a non-native speaker), and taking influence on legislation is a political act, is it not?

    If thats not a political ideology, what is it then?

  • I think the biggest issue is how BHVR approaches these things. Instead of treating it as something normal, they try to push it as if it was something special. But let's be honest it's a business after all, they try to appeal to as many communities as possible to bring high revenue.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931912#Comment_2931912

    Always assume the worst but to be honest you are probably right. But the first part still stands you don't now some one is gay till you know because they are like every one else

    That doesnt apply when David was even surprised by it

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931133#Comment_2931133

    Ok, maybe i missunderstand this, but how is it not a political ideology?

    Dont get me wrong, to be LGBT is just how people are, BUT the LGBTQ+-movement? It tries to push legislation for equal right, against discrimination and acts of hate, as well as trying to define what it is. And where hate and discrimination begins and end is a matter of ideology (at least as how i understand that term as a non-native speaker), and taking influence on legislation is a political act, is it not?

    If thats not a political ideology, what is it then?

    It's that some people see calling it as just political minimizes it's importance and obfuscates that It's about human rights.

  • Listen here diversity, inclusion, and representation are a strength and if don't like it, you can just play another game

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931993#Comment_2931993

    That doesnt apply when David was even surprised by it

    David - a fictional character - was surprised by what?

  • @nostrada96ass said:

    but way to reveal david was gay not good

    its like overwatch, users never found and cared any characters sexual preference

    but suddenly company feed me like more important to know who is gay or lesbian more than their original lore

    It's BACKSTORY. I don't hear you complaining about the fact that Claudette is a scientist. So don't complain about the fact that David likes kissing boys. It's a weird obsession people have, targeting this part of characters as if it affects you in any way, shape or form.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931993#Comment_2931993

    That doesnt apply when David was even surprised by it

    I don't think David was surprised by it

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931133#Comment_2931133

    Ok, maybe i missunderstand this, but how is it not a political ideology?

    Dont get me wrong, to be LGBT is just how people are, BUT the LGBTQ+-movement? It tries to push legislation for equal right, against discrimination and acts of hate, as well as trying to define what it is. And where hate and discrimination begins and end is a matter of ideology (at least as how i understand that term as a non-native speaker), and taking influence on legislation is a political act, is it not?

    If thats not a political ideology, what is it then?

    Is someone being straight a political ideology? No. Same thing with being gay/bi/trans

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932064#Comment_2932064

    David - a fictional character - was surprised by what?

    It = him being gay

  • I mean.. if its stated in the lore that he got surprised by it, then.. why not? People can get surprised by their own sexuality, even later in life. There are people genuinely living a heterosexual life until they realize it’s not what they truly are.

    but, that’s not what you meant, is it?

  • I can't believe threads are still being created on David lol.

    Thing is, with the Rainbow community + allies being what it is online, there is no way BHVR could have released a gay character without outrage/complaints on what they did wrong, how they somehow failed etc. You have the super-woke, can never be pleased slacktivists that live to be offended. Then there are the true homophobes who don't want their main being gay. There are also people who are not homophobic, but don't like how you can't breath a word of criticism if a character is gay regardless of the reason (i.e; some people don't like ret-conning) otherwise they get accused of bigotry by the outrage-brigade.

    Personally, David looks hot with his new cosmetic, so I'm cool with it. I think most players both gay and straight and everything around and between kinda don't care (thus remain silent).

    But it was a real Catch 22 for BHVR. They were damned if they did/didn't.

  • Seems like the heterosexual and homophobic people are the actual insecure ones when they can’t live with anything LGBTQ+ related in their videogame that already has multiple heterosexual relationships 🤷‍♂️

  • I think anyone who cares about a characters sexuality is a little bit childish in the first place. It's such a Twitter thing, too, like people right up there with buying DBD because they would be able to play a hot Korean kpop killer. I don't personally care, but I equally think that it's something that doesn't belong in a video game. It's like me saying I want a Democratic character, when no one cares about my political affiliations but I can relate to this imaginary, non-existent character more when I could just LARP in my headcanon.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932213#Comment_2932213

    Seems like the heterosexual and homophobic people are the actual insecure ones when they can’t live with anything LGBTQ+ related in their videogame that already has multiple heterosexual relationships 🤷‍♂️

    Youre the one making a big deal about it. Not me. Only explanation is you feel insecure and need external validation to have random video games that have nothing to do with sexuality ...

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    I think anyone who cares about a characters sexuality is a little bit childish in the first place. It's such a Twitter thing, too, like people right up there with buying DBD because they would be able to play a hot Korean kpop killer. I don't personally care, but I equally think that it's something that doesn't belong in a video game. It's like me saying I want a Democratic character, when no one cares about my political affiliations but I can relate to this imaginary, non-existent character more when I could just LARP in my headcanon.

    Childish?

    Is wanting to see yourself be represented as a legitimate and valid member of society childish?

    How is someone buying the game for Trickster any different from someone buying the game for Myers, Pinhead, PH, whatever? That is a nonsensical argument.

    If you didn’t care, you’d be indifferent to the ‘introduction’ of an lgbt+ character. By saying you don’t think it should be a thing in DbD, you very clearly care.

    We can have a Democratic survivor/killer. It hardly matters, especially when the concept is practically only relevant to the NA region. Being any of the letters in the acronym is entirely different. It’s not something you vote for, can argument for and against.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932217#Comment_2932217

    Youre the one making a big deal about it. Not me. Only explanation is you feel insecure and need external validation to have random video games that have nothing to do with sexuality ...

    I wonder why. What possible reason could exist? I mean, what is it about having people literally making a living by very publicly coming out saying you are evil, weak, doomed to hell, etc may end up giving someone the desire to have their identity validated.

    What insecurity could possibly be created by entire "treatment" programs existing for decades all over the world, countries where kissing the one you love is punishable by prison or even execution, politicians literally debating whether or not you can be allowed near children before going on to receive over 50% of their constituents vote.

    Just boggles the mind.

    Ever think that maybe the reason hetero people don't tend to need validation is because it's literally already provided by all of society being built around hetero relationships?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932221#Comment_2932221

    I wonder why. What possible reason could exist? I mean, what is it about having people literally making a living by very publicly coming out saying you are evil, weak, doomed to hell, etc may end up giving someone the desire to have their identity validated.

    What insecurity could possibly be created by entire "treatment" programs existing for decades all over the world, countries where kissing the one you love is punishable by prison or even execution, politicians literally debating whether or not you can be allowed near children before going on to receive over 50% of their constituents vote.

    Just boggles the mind.

    Ever think that maybe the reason hetero people don't tend to need validation is because it's literally already provided by all of society being built around hetero relationships?

    All of society is built around it because evolutionary design made heterosexuality the standard, for the survival of the species. 97% of people are born this way.

    This is what you wanted though, you welcome this silly pandering by BHVR because you want external validation and to argue with people on internet forums. Can we get back to gameplay issues

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932274#Comment_2932274

    All of society is built around it because evolutionary design made heterosexuality the standard, for the survival of the species. 97% of people are born this way.

    This is what you wanted though, you welcome this silly pandering by BHVR because you want external validation and to argue with people on internet forums. Can we get back to gameplay issues

    Thats up to you. Plenty of forum threads still going discussing gameplay, yet here you keep returning to loudly try to convince everyone of how little you care, no matter how many posts it takes. If you truly didn't care, you could just ignore it, but it's clear that something about people different from you feeling the tiniest bit of representation just has your panties all tied up in a knot. Why is that, do you think?

    Honestly I just find it hilarious how many people need to make multiple posts and even new threads all about how little they care about David's sexuality. It's like that Will Farrell bit on Conan when he had a bird on his shoulder he refused to acknowledge. Y'all put more effort into something you claim doesn't matter and you don't care about than indi this whole game.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932217#Comment_2932217

    Youre the one making a big deal about it. Not me. Only explanation is you feel insecure and need external validation to have random video games that have nothing to do with sexuality ...

    I am not making a big deal about it. I am just participating in discussions already happening without me. Mostly started by people against inclusion.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932183#Comment_2932183

    I mean.. if its stated in the lore that he got surprised by it, then.. why not? People can get surprised by their own sexuality, even later in life. There are people genuinely living a heterosexual life until they realize it’s not what they truly are.

    but, that’s not what you meant, is it?

    Just meant it'd be a surprise for him just as it is for us.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932189#Comment_2932189

    Just meant it'd be a surprise for him just as it is for us.

    that you can’t know. Again your head Canon you are trying to claim as a fact.

  • Since you mentioned Overwatch,fun fact,Soldier 76 was shown with his ex-boyfriend years before the Bastet story where Vincent is named and confirmed to be his ex.

    That whole story wasn't even about Soldier it was about Ana,the part where Vincent is mentioned is a few lines long.Ana brought it up when talking about how both of their relationships failed.

    It was a big deal because people made it a big deal not Blizzard.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932221#Comment_2932221

    I am not making a big deal about it. I am just participating in discussions already happening without me. Mostly started by people against inclusion.

    Well have fun. Going to do something important with my time, like getting facecamped by Bubba for the 10th time.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932302#Comment_2932302

    Well have fun. Going to do something important with my time, like getting facecamped by Bubba for the 10th time.

    this whole evening i just commented here when waiting in the lobby, don’t worry. I also got better stuff to do.

    (though no bubba to be seen today at all)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932314#Comment_2932314

    that you can’t know. Again your head Canon you are trying to claim as a fact.

    Just the truth.

  • and why do you think your head canon is the truth while the canon lore that the creators have written and officially revealed is not?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932432#Comment_2932432

    and why do you think your head canon is the truth while the canon lore that the creators have written and officially revealed is not?

    It's not my head canon. I didn't even know mans had a gf before I started reading these posts. He's the same has Felix the only difference is David's relationship is past tense and Felix's is assumingly isn't.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931133#Comment_2931133

    Ok, maybe i missunderstand this, but how is it not a political ideology?

    Dont get me wrong, to be LGBT is just how people are, BUT the LGBTQ+-movement? It tries to push legislation for equal right, against discrimination and acts of hate, as well as trying to define what it is. And where hate and discrimination begins and end is a matter of ideology (at least as how i understand that term as a non-native speaker), and taking influence on legislation is a political act, is it not?

    If thats not a political ideology, what is it then?

    Is being a woman a political ideology? Because women have had to push for legislation for equal rights, against discrimination, and even rights over what can/can't be done to their own bodies.

    What about being a race other than white? Non-white people have had to push for legislation for equal rights and against discrimination.

    It's not political to be a woman or non-white or LGBT+.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931993#Comment_2931993

    That doesnt apply when David was even surprised by it

    you have evidence that David was always straight before now? other then he had a girlfriend.

  • The human condition is an illness.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932064#Comment_2932064

    you have evidence that David was always straight before now? other then he had a girlfriend.

    I believe the devs just announced they made him gay just a few days ago.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932627#Comment_2932627

    I believe the devs just announced they made him gay just a few days ago.

    that's not what I asked

    that not evidence that David was always straight😐️

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932634#Comment_2932634

    that's not what I asked

    that not evidence that David was always straight😐️

    I thought it was common knowledge all they did was look through there already existing survivors and chose one to be gay 🤔. Doesn't go much deeper than that.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931161#Comment_2931161

    But isn't it nice that it's just one of the characters we already know? That shows that lgbtq people are like you and me if I don't tell you I'm gay you won't see it. I'm happy the first gay character isn't some 80s cliche guy with a mustache and a sparkling jacket that does little hops while sprinting

    I mean real talk I kind of would love a character like that. I get that it would be suicide for BHVR to do a move like that because of the optics but I would unironically play the crap out of that character.

    Sometimes you just wanna feel fab.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931906#Comment_2931906

    I mean real talk I kind of would love a character like that. I get that it would be suicide for BHVR to do a move like that because of the optics but I would unironically play the crap out of that character.

    Sometimes you just wanna feel fab.

    I ran to the game store to make a screencap joke but apparently I only imagined that Ace had a workout cosmetic that looked exactly like this.

  • @ImprobableCarny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932692#Comment_2932692

    I ran to the game store to make a screencap joke but apparently I only imagined that Ace had a workout cosmetic that looked exactly like this.

    We need to imagine it so hard it happens. I don't care if they're gay or straight, but I suddenly crave that Freddy Mercury/Village People very vibrant persona vibe. With a mustache straight out of an 80's cop flick. Come on BVHR you can do it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932005#Comment_2932005

    Is someone being straight a political ideology? No. Same thing with being gay/bi/trans

    No, but a "straight movement" fighting for more political influence would be, wouldn´t it? Thats why i distinguished between being LGBT and the movement.

    @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932005#Comment_2932005

    It's that some people see calling it as just political minimizes it's importance and obfuscates that It's about human rights.

    But even having human rights is an ideology. Ask the survivors of the german holocaust. Ask the Japanese Community in the US during the second World War. Ask the refugees of the ukraine, the opposition in China, Russia or Turkey. Human rights are no law of nature, it is a political decision, which becomes obvious, if you look at the contrys that choose to ignore them if it suits them.

  • What happens with people who might see David as their Avatar or Alter ego for the many years that his sexuality was not revealed, undefined or open to interpretation?

    Which takes us to,

    If the intention was solely to add Inclusion, was neccessary to break long term Attachment?

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932179#Comment_2932179

    No, but a "straight movement" fighting for more political influence would be, wouldn´t it? Thats why i distinguished between being LGBT and the movement.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2932103#Comment_2932103

    But even having human rights is an ideology. Ask the survivors of the german holocaust. Ask the Japanese Community in the US during the second World War. Ask the refugees of the ukraine, the opposition in China, Russia or Turkey. Human rights are no law of nature, it is a political decision, which becomes obvious, if you look at the contrys that choose to ignore them if it suits them.

    Ah better don't take stuff like "straight movement" into your mouth. Because the only people asking for a straight movement are usually Christians or homophobs to fight against the evil LGBTq. Straight people don't have such a movement because I never hear of children being physically abused and bootet from there homes for being straight. Or getting a beating behind a club for being straight. Or not getting that promotion because your not a real man because you're straight. This list could go on and on for a while but that's all stuff that deonst happen to you because you are straight but stuff that happens to so many people all over the world for. Being gay, trans, bi, etc.

    That's why straight movement sounds silly and honestly feels like a kick to the face

1 2 3 4