What headphones do you folks use?

Hi!

Just in the market for a new pair of wired headphones, as my current ones are pretty... Questionable for gaming purposes.

Like, they're VERY good for a pair I scavenged out of the draw (and were free in the first place) but they rarely pick up on audio that comes from behind me in game.

So I was wondering what headphones you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • Steelseries for me, they've been some of the best headphones that I've had...and they have various price points in their range as well. I remember a thread by Mad Cat some time ago and I think they were going to purchase the Arctic 7's which come really highly recommended.

  • Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

    really good noise cancelling and it makes it easier to notice direction audio

  • Razer. Forgot the exact model name but it comes with interesting 3d sounds. Perfect for dbd.

  • HyperX Cloud II. Reasonably affordable good quality wired headset that comes with a removable mic. It's not top of the line, you can go for more expensive ones. But I don't see the need.

    I've got Brainwavz Memory Foam earpads, replacing the hyper x II ones though because I found the original ones a bit uncomfortable. I really recommend these earpads for any headset they'll fit on, so comfy.

  • I just get the cheapo turtle beach headphones for like 50 dollars they work fine for me and this last pair has lasted for a couple years now

  • I use a pair of Sennheiser hd280 pro but I am thinking of upgrading to a 7.1 surround pair, as despite being qquite expensive the Sennheiser headphones are only stereo and am wondering if the 3d heaphones provide a better experience in games like this.

  • HyperX Cloud Alpha S. Really good Noise Cancelling. cant hear that yet engine of a Laptop im using

  • @Mandy said:

    Steelseries for me, they've been some of the best headphones that I've had...and they have various price points in their range as well. I remember a thread by Mad Cat some time ago and I think they were going to purchase the Arctic 7's which come really highly recommended.

    I also purchased Steelseries, definitely my favorite by far.

    I have the Arctis Wireless myself.

    For OP's sake, there is a wired version of the Arctis with higher fidelity audio, but I have no complaints with the Arctis Wireless myself, sounds fantastic for me.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925740#Comment_2925740

    I also purchased Steelseries, definitely my favorite by far.

    I have the Arctis Wireless myself.

    For OP's sake, there is a wired version of the Arctis with higher fidelity audio, but I have no complaints with the Arctis Wireless myself, sounds fantastic for me.

    I'm thinking of going wireless as I keep falling over the cable as I have my headphones on all day

  • Corsair HS60. Really good and comfortable. Decent microphone.

  • Sennheiser GSP 600. Really happy with it, changing the pads can be a bit frustrating the first time and that's pretty much the only complaint I can think of.

  • I use the Status Audio SAANC-FS Flagship ANC Headphones. They aren't wired, but do have the ability to go wired (cable included). I've used them on Xbox, switch, PS5, laptop and on my phone, I like the sound quality a lot, and really love the battery life, which appears to be something around like 40-100 hours. (I'm not kidding, I fly twice a week, listening to music for 6-8 hours at a time, play PS5 in the hotel for 3 hours a night all week, and still only charge them once a month) I cannot recommend them highly enough for just about anything you need headphones for.

  • Astro a10 ain't bad for a $60 pair. Good for its price, clear mic too

  • @Mandy said:

    Steelseries for me, they've been some of the best headphones that I've had...and they have various price points in their range as well. I remember a thread by Mad Cat some time ago and I think they were going to purchase the Arctic 7's which come really highly recommended.

    Mmm, yes been looking at Steelseries since I heard of them in one of DyllonKG's vids. They look like a good price range too, for the good reviews I've heard.

  • I'm wireless! I use Logitech G733. Great quality, bluetooth, and I can run all over the house and still keep tabs on when the queue pops. Very great for multitasking.

  • Razer Kraken for me. Comfortable and sound great.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Hi!

    Just in the market for a new pair of wired headphones, as my current ones are pretty... Questionable for gaming purposes.

    Like, they're VERY good for a pair I scavenged out of the draw (and were free in the first place) but they rarely pick up on audio that comes from behind me in game.

    So I was wondering what headphones you recommend?

    Thanks in advance!

    I use Sony WH-CH710N

    I run them wired, but they also have bluetooth functionality. The sound quality and build quality is pretty nice. They do cost 149USD though so a bit on the pricey side.

  • I used to use a steelseries headset, but I found the wire got in the way all of the time, so I switched to a Razer Nari Wireless headset.

  • Razer BlackShark v2.0

  • Alienware 410H

  • Hey all, just to say - thank you for all your comments.

    I'm going to look into every type listed here, as there's quite a bit I haven't heard of yet.