I just uninstalled DBD

To prepare for the update in an hour! Wonder how long it will take to reinstall the whole game 😓

Edit: whoops I misunderstood how this update worked, I didn't have to uninstall!

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • See you next wee...


    Wait this is different topic.


    See you after reinstall.

  • When is the update btw?

  • Not looking forward to it, my steam downloads are always so slow.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    See you next wee...

    Wait this is different topic.

    See you after reinstall.

    See ya! 🤓

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    To prepare for the update in an hour! Wonder how long it will take to reinstall the whole game 😓

    oh, yeah.

    I forgot about that.

    see you!

  • You got to delete the game to update it?

  • CoH nerf in less than hours, rejoice

  • I thought they said they fixed that

    I'm on Xbox so I've never had that issue but isn't that why the last update was like 5,000 GB big?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I thought they said they fixed that

    I'm on Xbox so I've never had that issue but isn't that why the last update was like 5,000 GB big?

    yeah, same. xbox <3

  • I really dislike having to reinstall the entire game, however download speeds being way faster after the compression is done is a huge worth it. That's also assuming the files have been compressed enough. Also, assuming Behavior going forward, keeps compressing, new files added.

  • They fixed the issue with slow updates in a recent patch, so no point downloading it again

  • @Stroggz said:

    You got to delete the game to update it?

    They said it was almost the same as they've changed the way assets are packaged.

    Potentially, if it requires less disk IO operations (cut here, move there, ... patching operations), it may even be faster to install than update. (But don't quote me on this.)

  • how this work on ps4 do I need to delete the game?

  • @Stroggz said:

    You got to delete the game to update it?

    in order to update the game, steam downloads around half of the game, So when low on storage, you have to delete the game and reinstall it otherwise updating the game is impossible.

  • Does anyone know if console has to do this too or is it strictly for Steam players?

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    how this work on ps4 do I need to delete the game?

    You shouldn't worry and let the game update as usual.

  • Updates always work automatically.

    No need to uninstall - except you don´t have enough space for the update.

  • Yes, unfortunately this update will be bigger than normal that's due to the engine change I'm afraid so it will be a slightly longer download than we'd ideally liked.

    However, the game will take up less disk space now as the way it's been packaged has been changed.

  • @Mandy said:

    Yes, unfortunately this update will be bigger than normal that's due to the engine change I'm afraid so it will be a slightly longer download than we'd ideally liked.

    However, the game will take up less disk space now as the way it's been packaged has been changed.

    COD could learn something from dbd with this.

  • Just for reference this update is 22 GB and takes maybe half an hour.

  • @dugman said:

    Just for reference this update is 22 GB and takes maybe half an hour.

    22.5 GB for me and it takes as long as fast your internet connection is.

    For me it will take between 4-6 hours.

  • @dugman said:

    Just for reference this update is 22 GB and takes maybe half an hour.

    That depends on what country you're in.

    For me in Australia off peak it's nearly an hour. Then the install, then the generic replacing corrupted files that happens with every dbd patch.

  • @Mandy said:

    Yes, unfortunately this update will be bigger than normal that's due to the engine change I'm afraid so it will be a slightly longer download than we'd ideally liked.

    However, the game will take up less disk space now as the way it's been packaged has been changed.

    44.5gb on xbox D:

    thats almost the whole game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2922395#Comment_2922395

    The Patch Optimizations is a 2 part process. Part 1 was increasing file compression, this only affected steam. Part 2 was restructuring the chunks of the game for faster patching. They were seperate updates and this is part 2.

    Yes I saw Mandy's comment which made that clear

  • I was expecting a different comment section though lol

  • I guess I should have too cause my "Update" is 44.28 GB big!!!!

    That's literally the entire game on Xbox. I'm assuming it's just redownloading everything cause I can't imagine the patch is doubling the size of the game...

    EDIT: Oh I guess I missed Mandy's post above cause that explains it

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    See you next wee...

    Wait this is different topic.

    See you after reinstall.

    Same thing essentially