I do agree with the overcompensating for the map having few vaults. - Then again, since pallets are one-time use drastically reducing the pallet number would make the map incredibly killer-sided.
It's kinda all-or-nothing. Even with all those pallets; if the match drags on (for whatever reason) the killer tends to come out on top. But if a killer (over?) commits to one survivor who manages to somewhat safely navigate from one pallet to the next then it's more often than not a 4e. That's my average-ish MMR opinion tho. I imagine in very low MMR (and/or among newbs) survivors tend to a) get lost on the map a lot (I know I did 😂) and b) don't know where pallets are / which pallet to get next so it doesn't even matter how many there are. - And in higher-ish MMR (and/or among experienced players) the stun-and-blind-routine is probs so strong that most killers won't stand a chance.
It's not that it has too many pallets, it's that the vast majority of the pallets are extremely safe and the killer is FORCED to break them.
They could lower the pallet budget as a bandaid solution. But if they trimmed some of the loops to make pallets on the map a lot more risky, that would be a different thing altogether.
Having a lot of pallets is fine if they're pallets that you actually loop and have opporunity to mind game and outplay but so many pallets on that map are basically just "yeah there is no loop here, you simply reach the pallet and throw it and the killer has literally no choice but to kick it, but thats literally all the survivor can do because there is no actual substance to the loop"
Yes. I get having a lot of pallets because of the lack of windows, but having a pallet at every step is just ridiculous. And most of them are really safe and have to be broken, but even then survivors can just run straight ahead to another pallet.
I think the issue isn't necessarily with there being too many pallets (although there undoubtedly are). I think the bigger issue is the fact that most of the pallets are super duper safe. It basically turns into pallet breaker simulator and only further emphasizes the problems with current DBD. If they made most of the pallets at least semi-mind gameable, then the map wouldn't be nearly as problematic.
yes it has many pallets. You need to remember that it severely lacks in vaults though. Can't window loop between pallet loops when there aren't window loops.
I meant to vote yes that it did have too many pallets but misclicked and voted no.
As it’s extremely hard to catch a survivor on the Gideon meat packing plant, it’s nearly impossible to catch a good survivor who is in a swf with other good survivors who know what they’re doing.
No... the map has basically no loops. Pallets are the only thing survivors have in it. It sounds like you just want an open map with nothing in it. That's awful game design.
While I don't want to call people baby killers or tell people to get good, I had to vote no. There are almost no playable pallets other than a few meaning you just have to drop the pallet and run, you can't loop them. Also there are no viable window vaults except for 1 T&L wall. Those one time use pallets are pretty much all you have other than possibly a handful of loops on the entire map. A lot of the loopable pallets require you to get a stun too because the loop is incredibly unsafe and not playable after being dropped.
It's not only that there's a lot, it's that virtually every one of them is a safe pallet. I want a few removed and the rest of them just moved to less safe spots.
It's not the amount of pallets that is annoying... it's the fact that the whole map has maybe 1 or two unsafe pallets. The very rest is ridiculously safe and amount of them is staggering.
It is a braindead map that requires zero skill to loop, like the structures from many other maps; safe pallet after safe pallet, definition of braindead; add dead hard to it and it gets even easier.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It has too many safe pallets. It only has that many pallets because it doesn't have that many windows.
I think this map overcompensates the small amount of windows with a pallet every 3 meters.
I do agree with the overcompensating for the map having few vaults. - Then again, since pallets are one-time use drastically reducing the pallet number would make the map incredibly killer-sided.
It's kinda all-or-nothing. Even with all those pallets; if the match drags on (for whatever reason) the killer tends to come out on top. But if a killer (over?) commits to one survivor who manages to somewhat safely navigate from one pallet to the next then it's more often than not a 4e. That's my average-ish MMR opinion tho. I imagine in very low MMR (and/or among newbs) survivors tend to a) get lost on the map a lot (I know I did 😂) and b) don't know where pallets are / which pallet to get next so it doesn't even matter how many there are. - And in higher-ish MMR (and/or among experienced players) the stun-and-blind-routine is probs so strong that most killers won't stand a chance.
It's not that it has too many pallets, it's that the vast majority of the pallets are extremely safe and the killer is FORCED to break them.
They could lower the pallet budget as a bandaid solution. But if they trimmed some of the loops to make pallets on the map a lot more risky, that would be a different thing altogether.
Every 'room' has 1-3 pallets in it. Around 1 in 3 have hooks in them.
Yes. There are too many pallets in too concentrated a space, with too many of them involving loops that are too large and too safe.
Having a lot of pallets is fine if they're pallets that you actually loop and have opporunity to mind game and outplay but so many pallets on that map are basically just "yeah there is no loop here, you simply reach the pallet and throw it and the killer has literally no choice but to kick it, but thats literally all the survivor can do because there is no actual substance to the loop"
Yes. I get having a lot of pallets because of the lack of windows, but having a pallet at every step is just ridiculous. And most of them are really safe and have to be broken, but even then survivors can just run straight ahead to another pallet.
I think the issue isn't necessarily with there being too many pallets (although there undoubtedly are). I think the bigger issue is the fact that most of the pallets are super duper safe. It basically turns into pallet breaker simulator and only further emphasizes the problems with current DBD. If they made most of the pallets at least semi-mind gameable, then the map wouldn't be nearly as problematic.
it could have a few less hyper safe pallets so the gameplay would be more dynamic and 50/50 for both sides in my opinion
yes it has many pallets. You need to remember that it severely lacks in vaults though. Can't window loop between pallet loops when there aren't window loops.
Not only that, but most of those pallets are extremely safe, many even "god"-tier.
I win usually there as killer and I lose lot of times as survivor so it's fine map. It's extremely good map for nurse
The biggest issue is how safe they all are. There’s no mind game on the vast majority of those pallets, you just have to waste time breaking them all.
THIS.
I would gladly swap out some pallets for vaults
I meant to vote yes that it did have too many pallets but misclicked and voted no.
As it’s extremely hard to catch a survivor on the Gideon meat packing plant, it’s nearly impossible to catch a good survivor who is in a swf with other good survivors who know what they’re doing.
No... the map has basically no loops. Pallets are the only thing survivors have in it. It sounds like you just want an open map with nothing in it. That's awful game design.
Reduce a few in the middle and it'd be ok imo
Map is a snooze fest concussion simulator for killer and a exercise in endurance of how strong your middle finger is as Survivor
The Map certainly has alot of pallets, and I dont prefer that playstyle. Its boring for me as killer.
If BHVR keeps the Game as is, but dont make more high pallet maps, then ill be fine.
Way too many God Pallets and not enough Windows, there's like 7 in total
There is literally an average of 4 pallets per tile and an average of 2 of these being god pallets.
I've counted 25 pallets one game as clown one time.
Just bring Spirt Fury & Enduring you all good
I've just kind of learned to deal with them, personally, but yes, there could certainly be fewer.
For killers like Sadako who has no choice but to loop pallets, Gideon is a death sentence.
If only we could borrow some for Haddonfield
I second this
The map only has a single TL wall, they have to make up for no loopable buildings...
That is the price for a window-free map ... another badly designed map oOo
While I don't want to call people baby killers or tell people to get good, I had to vote no. There are almost no playable pallets other than a few meaning you just have to drop the pallet and run, you can't loop them. Also there are no viable window vaults except for 1 T&L wall. Those one time use pallets are pretty much all you have other than possibly a handful of loops on the entire map. A lot of the loopable pallets require you to get a stun too because the loop is incredibly unsafe and not playable after being dropped.
Needs less safe pallets
Theres at least 5 god pallets in that map
It's not only that there's a lot, it's that virtually every one of them is a safe pallet. I want a few removed and the rest of them just moved to less safe spots.
It's not the amount of pallets that is annoying... it's the fact that the whole map has maybe 1 or two unsafe pallets. The very rest is ridiculously safe and amount of them is staggering.
It is a braindead map that requires zero skill to loop, like the structures from many other maps; safe pallet after safe pallet, definition of braindead; add dead hard to it and it gets even easier.
Honestly, you just gotta have a perk against pallets. :/ We know pallets are in every match and a huge hindrance.