So when do we get map reworks? Yes again...

Dont get me wrong the updated visual look of the maps is amazing! But why on earth do we still have huge maps and ones filled with safe pallets?

Maps that need changes imo:

  • Giddeon (less pallets or make them unsafe)
  • Erie or crows (too big)
  • Mothers dwelling (too big)
  • RPD (too big, simply have two variants to where one side is blocked off while the other open and vise vera)
  • Edit: theres also a Macmillan map, forget the name but it has about 4/5tiles tightly crammed together in the map centre

Comments

  • No need to rework, they can delete RPD.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    No need to rework, they can delete RPD.

    If they just blocked of so much it wouldn't be too bad at all

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Dont get me wrong the updated visual look of the maps is amazing! But why on earth do we still have huge maps and ones filled with safe pallets?

    Maps that need changes imo:

    • Giddeon (less pallets or make them unsafe)
    • Erie or crows (too big)
    • Mothers dwelling (too big)
    • RPD (too big, simply have two variants to where one side is blocked off while the other open and vise vera)
    • Edit: theres also a Macmillan map, forget the name but it has about 4/5tiles tightly crammed together in the map centre

    Just for reference, Eyrie of Crows is literally the median map size, there are something like 14 smaller maps and 15 bigger maps with 7 maps identically sized. I don’t really get why people think it’s bigger than most maps, maybe it’s just that it has a bright outdoors so it looks bigger? 🤷‍♂️

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319574/so-when-do-we-get-map-reworks-yes-again

    Just for reference, Eyrie of Crows is literally the median map size, there are something like 14 smaller maps and 15 bigger maps with 7 maps identically sized. I don’t really get why people think it’s bigger than most maps, maybe it’s just that it has a bright outdoors so it looks bigger? 🤷‍♂️

    I think its because it's open and you have the huge building. Both of these allow huge hold W before you can even get close or get a shot off.

    You cant stealth, and you cant mindgame alot of stuff which just hurts too many killers imo.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908858#Comment_2908858

    I think its because it's open and you have the huge building. Both of these allow huge hold W before you can even get close or get a shot off.

    You cant stealth, and you cant mindgame alot of stuff which just hurts too many killers imo.

    I’m not saying it doesn’t have features which help survivors, it’s a lot like Ormond that way (bright outdoors with lines of sight and a strong central building with god pallets and a rampart that overlooks a lower central area.) I’m just saying it and Ormond are the same size average size.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908861#Comment_2908861

    I’m not saying it doesn’t have features which help survivors, it’s a lot like Ormond that way (bright outdoors with lines of sight and a strong central building with god pallets and a rampart that overlooks a lower central area.) I’m just saying it and Ormond are the same size average size.

    Well ormand has issues but it's better than Erie and I simply think that's due to the building being central (blocking alot of sight) and it has so many entries as well while erie has 4 doors.

    Also with ormand alot of loops and tiles are unsafe (snow pile ones) while erie are pretty much all safe ones especially when the pallets down.

    So medium map size (still kinda big for 110), easily see the killer way in advance, big main building you can just waste constant time at with 0 pallet, and loads of safer loops even against ranged killers (tall loops)

  • Red Forest needs it next. More for balance issues rather than visual needs.

  • The only thing that Eyrie being average proves is that average size is still too big.

  • I think Coldwind Farm should be next for a visual rework. I think they would look really good if they made them night time maps.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    No need to rework, they can delete RPD.

    I support this.

  • Well mothers dwelling or swamp will be the next rework but knowing this company it'll just make the main buildings the same thing to run.

  • They did not even finish rework all maps (Red Forest and Swamp) yet.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I think Coldwind Farm should be next for a visual rework. I think they would look really good if they made them night time maps.

    I'd like alot of the strawblock loops or whatever they are changed, atm they're just all stacked high with no gaps and it would be nice to add at least a little gap for huntress/slinger to hit through without being forced to hopelessly walking round multiple times as a 110

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    No need to rework, they can delete RPD.

    I second this opinion.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    They did not even finish rework all maps (Red Forest and Swamp) yet.

    Well they spent what felt like half a year on haddonfield, we have really been lacking on maps.

    Still doesnt take away the fact alot of maps are just issues balance wise

  • They can remove breakable walls while they're reworking the maps also. Garbage game mechanic

  • @Brimp said:

    Well mothers dwelling or swamp will be the next rework but knowing this company it'll just make the main buildings the same thing to run.

    Idk Haddonfield wasn’t just the same they completely reworked that map from the ground up and the houses were reworked. It wasn’t the same.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909050#Comment_2909050

    Idk Haddonfield wasn’t just the same they completely reworked that map from the ground up and the houses were reworked. It wasn’t the same.

    They reworked the map but will most likely play out the same. The buildings are still strong af with the stupid windows. The only thing they actually did well was make the map not the size of a football field but then also made a possible loop spawn that you HAVE to brute force.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909064#Comment_2909064

    They reworked the map but will most likely play out the same. The buildings are still strong af with the stupid windows.

    But not as strong as before. The Myers house no longer has the front windows. And the windows in the back are completely gone. All the pallets are unsafe. House of pain yes while buffed might not even be open cause of RNG. The Tommy house only has 1 window that can be outplayed. No more fences, and No more safe pallets. The houses might suck but there’s no pallets to deal with

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909067#Comment_2909067

    But not as strong as before. The Myers house no longer has the front windows. And the windows in the back are completely gone. All the pallets are unsafe. House of pain yes while buffed might not even be open cause of RNG. The Tommy house only has 1 window that can be outplayed. No more fences, and No more safe pallets. The houses might suck but there’s no pallets to deal with

    "not as strong"... idk running windows to entity block seems really strong to me. Sure there isnt 2 pallets between houses anymore but they added so many good windows to the houses that easily take 2-3 vaults to catch up.

  • In my opinion temple

    It should be reworked into its own realm and get it's own aesthetic style

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909067#Comment_2909067

    But not as strong as before. The Myers house no longer has the front windows. And the windows in the back are completely gone. All the pallets are unsafe. House of pain yes while buffed might not even be open cause of RNG. The Tommy house only has 1 window that can be outplayed. No more fences, and No more safe pallets. The houses might suck but there’s no pallets to deal with

    This. Haddonfield is so much more balanced now. Its still got some strong loops but its tame compared to what it was before.

  • I mean, they just finished Haddonfield. Presumably, work on another map rework will start at some point after that, it feels like the kind of job where you want to focus on one at a time.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909051#Comment_2909051

    Well they spent what felt like half a year on haddonfield, we have really been lacking on maps.

    Still doesnt take away the fact alot of maps are just issues balance wise

    Well i don't know what they are doing at office. But they are so slow, probably there is not enough employees.

    It's not surprise they are keep losing playerbase.

  • The vast majority of all the map "reworks" were nothing but graphical. Nearly all of the are almost just as unbalanced as they were before.

    Even like 60% of the maps simply need their size chopped down before even getting to the unbalanced tiles or amount of pallets.

    I think a lot of the community felt swindled when we thought "map reworks" were referencing their balance as well since that's like the #1 problem with the game right now, map design.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908891#Comment_2908891

    Well ormand has issues but it's better than Erie and I simply think that's due to the building being central (blocking alot of sight) and it has so many entries as well while erie has 4 doors.

    Also with ormand alot of loops and tiles are unsafe (snow pile ones) while erie are pretty much all safe ones especially when the pallets down.

    So medium map size (still kinda big for 110), easily see the killer way in advance, big main building you can just waste constant time at with 0 pallet, and loads of safer loops even against ranged killers (tall loops)

    Yep, I'm pretty much on the same page with that in terms of what makes Eyrie pretty good for the survivors. I'm not sure how safe the pallets on Eyrie are outside the main building, but I do know that the ramps in the building not having railings messes me up sometime because I'm a klutz and fall off. 😄

  • * Think the current maps are fine apart from Sheltered wood and Rotten fields which are pretty boring. Just cant fathom why they can't make new variants of existing realms. A funfair for coldwind and a church with graveyard for Macmillan perhaps. Half the work is already done ....

    * The lack of new maps is a flaw in this game. Imo, they really need to release a few new ones in the coming year. Heck, even a map chapter instead of a killlers or survivor would be useful.

    Bring back Hawkins or remake it. Shouldn't be losing maps without replacing them.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908900#Comment_2908900

    Yep, I'm pretty much on the same page with that in terms of what makes Eyrie pretty good for the survivors. I'm not sure how safe the pallets on Eyrie are outside the main building, but I do know that the ramps in the building not having railings messes me up sometime because I'm a klutz and fall off. 😄

    Well most cant be hit over by huntress but you can still see the killer over, not all are big but some are and kinds long so definitely a harder map than ormand loop wise.

    And oh if never fell off them 😂 I did try to use balanced landing once, I thought I'd do a little meme and jump over the killers head and dart away but I didnt quite clear the stairs and double staggered and got hit lol