Gens are too fast...

As both roles since these tests the gens have just been flying like crazy, barely any game is lasting 5+mins.

First to get chased? Pop, 3 gen chase even for a bad chase.

Anyone else getting this or even having fun with this?

Comments

  • Wow.. people are finally noticing this? what the hell did you get as survivors before this test?

    Fast gens are normal for some people. It doesn't matter how fast your chases are if the maps are big enough and the survivors are efficient.

    Remember, 2 survivors do a gen in 47 seconds while the third is working on their own. If they just constantly rotate like this then they can pop 1 gen per hook minimum.

  • Gens are the thing that's broken in this game not survivors, I've been saying it for years , if BHVR keeps going the way they are with the killer meta being focused on gen regression survivors are gonna finally figure it out that rushing gens guarantees them at least a 3 man out against any low to mid tier killer and you're gonna start to see genrush builds every game and less focus on boons and other totems, it's gonna turn extremely boring because they nerf everything into the ground as soon as either side gets something valuable

  • It's a "strategy" same like tunneling

  • It was always 3 gens = 1 chase. Nothing changed. Killers have to win game at last 2 generators.

  • They are.

    Survivors desperately need something else to do. Nobody likes sitting on a gen for 80 seconds, but damn if they don't fly. I think BHVR thought Boons would slow the game down, but they sure didn't

  • @Zozzy said:

    Wow.. people are finally noticing this? what the hell did you get as survivors before this test?

    Fast gens are normal for some people. It doesn't matter how fast your chases are if the maps are big enough and the survivors are efficient.

    Remember, 2 survivors do a gen in 47 seconds while the third is working on their own. If they just constantly rotate like this then they can pop 1 gen per hook minimum.

    Well as killer I run all slowdown to try combat it, it's still far more consistent as killer now but dont get me started on survivor, I'm use to carrying and now I barely have to do a thing to win lol

    @Pulsar said:

    They are.

    Survivors desperately need something else to do. Nobody likes sitting on a gen for 80 seconds, but damn if they don't fly. I think BHVR thought Boons would slow the game down, but they sure didn't

    I dont even know what would help, corrupt helps for sure but even then it's quite easy to do gens if everyone is on them and can loop. This is why I'm so against strict mmr, games are over way to fast as either side and it's those "casuals" or inefficient players that make it fun or worth playing.

    Maybe 2 survivors killer mmr or abit higher mixed with players abit lower than the killer? 2 good/ 2 not so good?

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886680#Comment_2886680

    Well as killer I run all slowdown to try combat it, it's still far more consistent as killer now but dont get me started on survivor, I'm use to carrying and now I barely have to do a thing to win lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886694#Comment_2886694

    I dont even know what would help, corrupt helps for sure but even then it's quite easy to do gens if everyone is on them and can loop. This is why I'm so against strict mmr, games are over way to fast as either side and it's those "casuals" or inefficient players that make it fun or worth playing.

    Maybe 2 survivors killer mmr or abit higher mixed with players abit lower than the killer? 2 good/ 2 not so good?

    Your suggestion is not good because you will still get SWF teams. This change will do nothing SWFs. Your idea will only affect Solo-q. But question is do we really need nerf Solo survivors while they are already so bad?

  • The maps tend to make generators feel impossible to properly defend sometimes.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886680#Comment_2886680

    Well as killer I run all slowdown to try combat it, it's still far more consistent as killer now but dont get me started on survivor, I'm use to carrying and now I barely have to do a thing to win lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886694#Comment_2886694

    I dont even know what would help, corrupt helps for sure but even then it's quite easy to do gens if everyone is on them and can loop. This is why I'm so against strict mmr, games are over way to fast as either side and it's those "casuals" or inefficient players that make it fun or worth playing.

    Maybe 2 survivors killer mmr or abit higher mixed with players abit lower than the killer? 2 good/ 2 not so good?

    If you're using gen regression, you can beat casuals, but it won't help you beat good SWF. They're just too strong. But if you use slowdown in the form of Corrupt, Deadlock, No Way Out, you might just be able to beat them.

  • Wow it took you this long to figure this out. Seriously tho they need to figure something out for this gen speed.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886725#Comment_2886725

    Your suggestion is not good because you will still get SWF teams. This change will do nothing SWFs. Your idea will only affect Solo-q. But question is do we really need nerf Solo survivors while they are already so bad?

    Solo Q isnt bad though, dont forget I'm on over 70% escape rate (I will be making a post about it at some point when I can be bothered) but these tests have made that easier.

    @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886725#Comment_2886725

    If you're using gen regression, you can beat casuals, but it won't help you beat good SWF. They're just too strong. But if you use slowdown in the form of Corrupt, Deadlock, No Way Out, you might just be able to beat them.

    I'm dont think I see casuals very often, being off peak time and knowing how to play has pushed me very high up.

    But at this point this is an issue for both sides, and its getting worse through these tests, well imo anyway