Is it tunnelling?

Is it tunnelling to 3 hook a clicky clicky?

Comments

  • @sulaiman said:

    No.

    Lol agreed I feel like you cannot tunnel someone asking for the chase haha

  • Tunneling is a term adopted by salty survivors who want to be able to do everything possible to win, but don't think killers should be able to do the same.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Tunneling is a term adopted by salty survivors who want to be able to do everything possible to win, but don't think killers should be able to do the same.

    I think Simfeliz is more accurate. I mean I have had killers go after another survivor so hard where one or more others were body blocking to protect and they didnt bother taking swings, prior to the gens being done.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I define “tunneling” as a killer going right after someone as soon as they are off hook until they are dead. If that’s what you did, yes. Do I see and issue with it in the situation you described, no.

    If after a survivor does a clicky and you chase I think it removes the tunnelling phase. That is saying come after me not them.

  • A good team will take a hit to try and prevent tunneling. So any form of moaning about it is mute to me.

    Be aware SWF often click to distract you from what others are doing. Like nearly finishing a gen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I define “tunneling” as a killer going right after someone as soon as they are off hook until they are dead. If that’s what you did, yes. Do I see and issue with it in the situation you described, no.

    This

    It might actually be tunneling AND it can absolutely be deserved. Those are not mutually exclusive.

  • @Sharpefern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881242#Comment_2881242

    I think Simfeliz is more accurate. I mean I have had killers go after another survivor so hard where one or more others were body blocking to protect and they didnt bother taking swings, prior to the gens being done.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881256#Comment_2881256

    If after a survivor does a clicky and you chase I think it removes the tunnelling phase. That is saying come after me not them.

    Either way, it is not a negative and not a problem.

  • If you macroclick and teabag a pallet and then don't enjoy being the 1st to die then lose the bad manners and change your playstyle. Being the super medic can be very rewarding you know.

  • Yes. Clicky clicky is for fun, nothing bad...

  • @Sharpefern said:

    Is it tunnelling to 3 hook a clicky clicky?

    Someone who goes clicky clicky, begs for the killers undevided attention. Its actually hilarious, when the killer gives said survivor what he wants and he ran out of DS and is on death hook. He´ll run to his friends and stop clicky clicky (i´m still not sure, why though).

  • Tunneling is a made up meaningless buzzword by sore losing survivors who don’t like getting downed or hit twice in a row.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881473#Comment_2881473

    I disagree. It is a thing and not a "buzzword" but is it something to complain about or a negative thing? Well, that's a totally different discussion.

    There is no consensus on what tunneling even is let alone that it’s a negative thing.

  • You're tunneling someone who's asking to be tunneled. It's not a difficult concept.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881479#Comment_2881479

    There is no consensus on what tunneling even is let alone that it’s a negative thing.

    Thats true. some killers even claim survivors are gen-tunneling. I still have no idea what that means

  • You know what nobody should care even if it is.

    Play and hook any person you want in game, all's fair.

    Its an elimination game sometimes you will get eliminated early, sometimes you will be the only one eliminated.

    If you are trying to get the killers attention then don't be surprised if they focus on you and eliminate you, its clearly what you wanted.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Tunneling is a term adopted by salty survivors who want to be able to do everything possible to win, but don't think killers should be able to do the same.

    That's taken right out of The Killer's guidebook.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881499#Comment_2881499

    Thats true. some killers even claim survivors are gen-tunneling. I still have no idea what that means

    Gen rush is also a pretty silly complaint. So what do you expect the survivors to do, not work on gens? I never understood that one.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881937#Comment_2881937

    Gen rush is also a pretty silly complaint. So what do you expect the survivors to do, not work on gens? I never understood that one.

    I like to see it as a silly counter-argument to tunneling. You're speeding the game up too much, I have to kill you faster.

    Although when I go against a team with four toolboxes and BNP, it seems like a real thing. I've had lots of recent matches where I get my first hook reasonably quickly, then the last gen pops and I run back to camp it for endgame. Nobody gets any points.

    But whatever, if that's your game, play it.

  • Tunneling is Tunneling. Doesn't matter why you are doing it. If you have no problem with it, then do you.

    I play how I like to verse, so I don't tunnel unnecessarily. If it happens, it was probably bad luck on their part.

    It is effective, that is for sure. I play both sides, so I can usually commiserate with a killer when they do it. I get the logic when it's strategic. When it is the whole strategy is when I lose respect.

    But, I'm sure they aren't playing for my respect either

  • I define tunneling as pursuing only one surv off of hook until they are dead, only hitting other survs to get to the target of their tunnel. If you brak chase or down another surv, it's not tunneling.

    That said, if you're a macro clicker, you get what you get. I won't throw a game to kill a clicker, but if you're in my immediate field of vision, you're gonna get it.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881937#Comment_2881937

    Gen rush is also a pretty silly complaint. So what do you expect the survivors to do, not work on gens? I never understood that one.

    And killers are supposed to kill the survivors hench why they chase the most vulnerable survivors and camp to secure to kills

  • Just ignore people who complain about tunnling. Unless you're deliberately trying to be toxic. You're under no obligation to just let them do what they want and hurt yourself just because they were hooked last

  • @Msterflex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882065#Comment_2882065

    And killers are supposed to kill the survivors hench why they chase the most vulnerable survivors and camp to secure to kills

    Right, although camping can be counterproductive, a lot of the time you're better off hooking or slugging a survivor then immediately going and chasing someone else to maintain the pressure.

  • Not wrong though am I.

  • "Tunnelling" is a word invented to try to shame Killers for how they play.


    Notice there is no such term for Survivors. Slamming out gens ASAP is just called "doing the objective".

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Tunneling is a term adopted by salty survivors who want to be able to do everything possible to win, but don't think killers should be able to do the same.

    I'm all for killers doing everything possible to win, but I don't want to be out of the game in the first 3 minutes. That's not fun. Might be fun for the killer, but it's not fun for the survivor on the receiving end.

    @WesCravenFan said:

    "Tunnelling" is a word invented to try to shame Killers for how they play.

    Notice there is no such term for Survivors. Slamming out gens ASAP is just called "doing the objective".

    Slamming out gens ASAP is called Genrushing. I'm not saying spread hooks out, just saying to give survivors a chance to get more than 3 feet from the hook before going after the same survivor.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881242#Comment_2881242

    I'm all for killers doing everything possible to win, but I don't want to be out of the game in the first 3 minutes. That's not fun. Might be fun for the killer, but it's not fun for the survivor on the receiving end.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882773#Comment_2882773

    Slamming out gens ASAP is called Genrushing. I'm not saying spread hooks out, just saying to give survivors a chance to get more than 3 feet from the hook before going after the same survivor.

    Why?


    Why are Killers obligated to do this?


    And why should they be treated horribly when they don't?

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882882#Comment_2882882

    Why?

    Why are Killers obligated to do this?

    And why should they be treated horribly when they don't?

    Some people just can't handle the 'elimination' part of the game.

    A fantasy ruleset isn't going to stop me from removing a player quickly if I want/need to.

    I'll do what I need to in order to make the rest of the match enjoyable and/or easier.

    If that means player A gets "less than 3 minutes" of game time, player A is getting less than 3 minutes of game time.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882882#Comment_2882882

    Why?

    Why are Killers obligated to do this?

    And why should they be treated horribly when they don't?

    Because gaming is a social engagement.

    If you play in an onlinegame in a way you never would in an offline game (or a local lan-party) you might do it wrong.

    And if you play this way in a local setting, you might soon not have someone to play with.

    The problem is players on both sides treating other players like bots.

    Edit: I would like for 3 or even 4 man swf to be only able to play kyf. Because a lot of those groups are very toxic because they know they have the power. But if you have to bring your own killer, if you are toxic to them too much, they might just quit on you.

  • @Sharpefern said:

    Is it tunnelling to 3 hook a clicky clicky?

    Yes. It is considered 'tunnelling'. In this case, however, I wouldn't consider it toxic tunnelling. There are very few exceptions that I'll make for tunnelling killers, and this is one of them. If you're being rude on purpose and annoying the Killer just to aggravate them, then they kinda deserve it.

    Just to clarify, aggravating the killer is NOT endlessly looping them or blinding them when the moment presents itself. It's stuff like clicking constantly, spam-crouching after stunning them and blinding them over and over again unnecessarily.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882886#Comment_2882886

    Because gaming is a social engagement.

    If you play in an onlinegame in a way you never would in an offline game (or a local lan-party) you might do it wrong.

    And if you play this way in a local setting, you might soon not have someone to play with.

    The problem is players on both sides treating other players like bots.

    Edit: I would like for 3 or even 4 man swf to be only able to play kyf. Because a lot of those groups are very toxic because they know they have the power. But if you have to bring your own killer, if you are toxic to them too much, they might just quit on you.

    Most people actually don't enjoy playing with people that self-sandbag, particularly in the offline Fighting and FPS scenes.

    Edit - I'd also extend this to other game types as well, such as board games.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    A good team will take a hit to try and prevent tunneling. So any form of moaning about it is mute to me.

    Be aware SWF often click to distract you from what others are doing. Like nearly finishing a gen.

    I've chased and jumped in between killers tunneling and they will accidentally hit me but keep chasing the player that was just unhooked. That is what I consider tunneling.

  • @LadyTyche said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881326#Comment_2881326

    I've chased and jumped in between killers tunneling and they will accidentally hit me but keep chasing the player that was just unhooked. That is what I consider tunneling.

    Yeah good on them!

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882882#Comment_2882882

    Why?

    Why are Killers obligated to do this?

    And why should they be treated horribly when they don't?

    Sportsmanship. Neither side should be treated horribly, but that's not going to stop people from being toxic.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2882886#Comment_2882886

    Sportsmanship. Neither side should be treated horribly, but that's not going to stop people from being toxic.

    Sportsmanship is made up. There are no rules for it at all.


    Moreoever, this is aggravated by the double standard, because Survivors can do whatever they want.

  • Maybe, yes, so? That word is meaningless. Do what you need to do.

    That being said clicky players are usually not very good and either overestimate themselves or want to train. It's usually best to ignore them as they'll follow you anyway. Besides, they are often such a disappointment (how many times a clicker only get his ass saved by dead-hard, only to get downed a few seconds later.)