Otz MMR Test and Opinion

https://youtu.be/a1IdaLIOvZ0

Do you think it is as boring at high MMR as he claims?

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://youtu.be/a1IdaLIOvZ0

    Do you think it is as boring at high MMR as he claims?

    For survivors, yes.

    At high MMR you are forced to play certain perks or you lose. You have to play Decisive Strike, because it's the only perk that allows you to counter tunneling-off-hook-till-dead at gen 5. You have to play Borrowed Time because it's the only perk that allows you to counter Face-Camping/Camping in general at gen 5. You have to have an endurance perk so you can extend chases. That really only leaves 1 perk slot you can play around with. It's an extremely stale meta that has been the exact same for 4 years.

    With the CoH nerf, I wouldn't be surprised Adrenaline takes it's place.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/317082/otz-mmr-test-and-opinion

    For survivors, yes.

    At high MMR you are forced to play certain perks or you lose. You have to play Decisive Strike, because it's the only perk that allows you to counter tunneling-off-hook-till-dead at gen 5. You have to play Borrowed Time because it's the only perk that allows you to counter Face-Camping/Camping in general at gen 5. You have to have an endurance perk so you can extend chases. That really only leaves 1 perk slot you can play around with. It's an extremely stale meta that has been the exact same for 4 years.

    With the CoH nerf, I wouldn't be surprised Adrenaline takes it's place.

    Me sitting in high survivor mmr with Borrowed Time, Detectives Hunch, Lithe, and We'll Make It....

  • Not an Otz's fan but cannot deny he is often doing a pretty good job.

    And i totally agree with him, it's really boring to play at high level, it's full of meta perks players + full OP items abusers. It is really frustrating to play as a killer but as a survivor aswell.

    As a killer :

    • Survivors use meta perks and only meta perks
    • Survs use items and abuse it (many toolboxes for exemple)
    • Gen rush is way, way too fast

    As a survivor :

    • Many killers feel forced to camp and tunnel so they abuse it
    • Meta builds every trials
    • Not much variety in the killers you are facing

    Well, a casual game where everyone is try harding to increase its invisible MMR is a terrible thing and well, it is killing DbD. Many players are stopping and it will continue so with such a ranking matchmaking.

    Hope they remove it and switch it back to the good old system.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/317082/otz-mmr-test-and-opinion

    For survivors, yes.

    At high MMR you are forced to play certain perks or you lose. You have to play Decisive Strike, because it's the only perk that allows you to counter tunneling-off-hook-till-dead at gen 5. You have to play Borrowed Time because it's the only perk that allows you to counter Face-Camping/Camping in general at gen 5. You have to have an endurance perk so you can extend chases. That really only leaves 1 perk slot you can play around with. It's an extremely stale meta that has been the exact same for 4 years.

    With the CoH nerf, I wouldn't be surprised Adrenaline takes it's place.

    If you're tunneled out at 5 gens you arent high mmr... sorry but either you're going down so fast you arent high mmr or your team is so bad they cant hold a button on a gen and if that's common you also arent high mmr.

    Meta is boring yes, versing little range of killers is boring yes. But killers use more perks than survivors at high mmr

  • No way of knowing MMR, but I prefer DbD in an optimized setting. It's a lot more fun to me when it's a game of chess. Chases are just one skill and part of a larger picture.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880087#Comment_2880087

    Me sitting in high survivor mmr with Borrowed Time, Detectives Hunch, Lithe, and We'll Make It....

    Well, I was 66% right. I really should have said Borrowed Time and/or Decisive Strike. It's iffy.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880087#Comment_2880087

    If you're tunneled out at 5 gens you arent high mmr... sorry but either you're going down so fast you arent high mmr or your team is so bad they cant hold a button on a gen and if that's common you also arent high mmr.

    Meta is boring yes, versing little range of killers is boring yes. But killers use more perks than survivors at high mmr

    No, what I'm saying is a killer will tunnel-you-off-hook-till-dead even if there hasn't been a single gen done. Hopefully you can run the killer for 5 gens if they decide to do that but you need Decisive Strike and probably Borrowed Time to punish the killer enough for doing that or the killer wins the game.

  • First day felt like OG Dead by Daylight for sure the other two days were awful hopefully they bring the first day back was by far the best.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880102#Comment_2880102

    No, what I'm saying is a killer will tunnel-you-off-hook-till-dead even if there hasn't been a single gen done. Hopefully you can run the killer for 5 gens if they decide to do that but you need Decisive Strike and probably Borrowed Time to punish the killer enough for doing that or the killer wins the game.

    I never used BT, but that playstyle is forced at the higher level especially on weaker killers or on certain maps. Is it lame, boring and annoying? Hell yeah, but you cant blame them when the balance is meh and they make a SBMM based on kills only.

    Will always say balance for hooks, hooks should be encouraged and rewarded while we punish those who full on face camp

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880095#Comment_2880095

    Well, I was 66% right. I really should have said Borrowed Time and/or Decisive Strike. It's iffy.

    Well actually the survivor perks I use is for the purpose of getting the most out of the emblem system, and not because 'playing survivor is hard'. Good survivors can easily play the game with no perks at all, with only using items in the game and pallets/windows to escape the Killer.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    BT grants ensured safe unhooks regardless if the Killer returns to the hook, Detectives shows me where totems are so I can cleanse at least 2-3 each match, Lithe ends a chase simply by zooming away and the Killer is forced to lose chase (giving me the 'escaped' condition) taking time going around, break a pallet, or through a window before catching up and starting another chase with me (Which I then get another 'escaped' condition when they give up chase, or I run them for the rest of the gens), We'll make it triggers survivors to stop and let me heal them instead of finding other means to heal themselves, and if the Killer doesn't come back to hook - I get a safe unhook, and free heal in a short amount of time. Then keep the bonus to healing for 90 seconds to heal other survivors in the match for even more emblem points for healing healing states in the match.

    Entirely has nothing to do with why you think Survivors take meta perks into the game. Honestly I find meta perks to be detrimental to survivors, they allow players to ignore their mistakes so they don't learn to get better at the game. Then proceed to become entitled because they have a fabricated idea that they were better than the killers they face. I also find some meta perks detrimental to the emblem tree, like adrenaline. You don't get any points to your emblems when Adrenaline gives you a healing state.

  • Day 1 of the test was far and away the best mmr and I have the feeling that mmr wasnt even on that day lol

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    First day felt like OG Dead by Daylight for sure the other two days were awful hopefully they bring the first day back was by far the best.

    The first day was so stale to me. I've never had so many games where the survivors couldn't do a single generator. I get the feeling that a lot of killers just want easy games. I'd rather have heated games than that. If MMR becomes what it was on day 1, I will quit.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880113#Comment_2880113

    The first day was so stale to me. I've never had so many games where the survivors couldn't do a single generator. I get the feeling that a lot of killers just want easy games. I'd rather have heated games than that. If MMR becomes what it was on day 1, I will quit.

    Completely disagree, you're allowed to your opinion, but it's not that "killers want easier games" it's the games felt unpredictable for once I didn't know what perks Survivors were running for once, games felt fair and balanced but not sweaty and boring as they have been. That whole "Killers want easier games" is over used and over done by that same logic if I wanted easier games, I'd play Nurse and Blight over the Killers I currently play because they are easy mode once you get good at them. If you want sweaty matches KYF exists, go join the comp scene and Scrim against sweats all day while the rest of us look for fun in the game because we accept DBD has too much RNG to ever be considered an Esports game.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880151#Comment_2880151

    Completely disagree, you're allowed to your opinion, but it's not that "killers want easier games" it's the games felt unpredictable for once I didn't know what perks Survivors were running for once, games felt fair and balanced but not sweaty and boring as they have been. That whole "Killers want easier games" is over used and over done by that same logic if I wanted easier games, I'd play Nurse and Blight over the Killers I currently play because they are easy mode once you get good at them. If you want sweaty matches KYF exists, go join the comp scene and Scrim against sweats all day while the rest of us look for fun in the game because we accept DBD has too much RNG to ever be considered an Esports game.

    What you call fun is honestly bullying. The reality is that your non-sweaty games are just babies that you're beating up. I don't need scrims to find appropriate opponents, they already exist in the MMR pool, they just need to be put into my lobbies.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880155#Comment_2880155

    What you call fun is honestly bullying. The reality is that your non-sweaty games are just babies that you're beating up. I don't need scrims to find appropriate opponents, they already exist in the MMR pool, they just need to be put into my lobbies.

    Maybe ask them what their results were before making up scenarios in your mind?

    Just a suggestion, of course!

  • The first day felt awesome. Had some really good games as Survivor and as Killer.

    Day 2 wasn't horrible. It was really hit and miss. Sometimes the games were chill and not sweaty, other times they were atrocious.

    Day 3 was horrible. Constant map offerings, very experienced Survivors, same perks. Felt like the first couple weeks of MMR.

  • most killer players want easy games. how do you think otz acquired his 50 winstreak on no add-on clown? It wasn't by facing good players. it was by facing bronze MMR survivors. Let's see him do 30 second afk no add-on killers with same skill-level and call the game "killer-sided".

    Day 1 MMR was me winning games as killer with 5 generators standing. rest of the days were proper. talk about facing 5-6 minute generators every game.....

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880561#Comment_2880561

    most killer players want easy games. how do you think otz acquired his 50 winstreak on no add-on clown? It wasn't by facing good players. it was by facing bronze MMR survivors. Let's see him do 30 second afk no add-on killers with same skill-level and call the game "killer-sided".

    Day 1 MMR was me winning games as killer with 5 generators standing. rest of the days were proper. talk about facing 5-6 minute generators every game.....

    Bronze/Iri/etc has no bearing on your MMR.

    I will agree, though, that the people that get to Iri 2-3 days after reset are also most likely at a high MMR given that you need to win X amount of games while pipping in a very short time to do so.

  • March 31 - Day 4

    balanced matchs in both sides, and even with a lose, i felt the matches were fun.


    Ps: The first day had almost instant matchs, but their quality was the worst of all the test days.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880627#Comment_2880627

    Bronze/Iri/etc has no bearing on your MMR.

    I will agree, though, that the people that get to Iri 2-3 days after reset are also most likely at a high MMR given that you need to win X amount of games while pipping in a very short time to do so.

    bronze mmr is figure of speech. no one knows what their MMR is, but you need be facing trash survivor players to be winning 50 games in a row with weak killers vs people of equal skill. Said nothing about emblems. I'm not sure why he is shocked. Day 2-4 MMR is pretty standard to what everyone else in more competitive regions is playing against every day. I thought he was just deranking/smurfing or something.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880635#Comment_2880635

    bronze mmr is figure of speech. no one knows what their MMR is, but you need be facing trash survivor players to be winning 50 games in a row with weak killers vs people of equal skill. Said nothing about emblems. I'm not sure why he is shocked. Day 2-4 MMR is pretty standard to what everyone else in more competitive regions is playing against every day. I thought he was just deranking/smurfing or something.

    Not personally interested/invested in 'win streaks', but based on what you said:

    For clarification, do you mean winning 50 games in a row under any circumstances or just under this MMR test?

    What regions would you consider 'competitive' compared to the region Otz plays in?

    Do you think there's something sketchy with these win streaks occurring behind the scenes that thousands of live viewers are unable to see/recognize?

    I don't really understand "you need be facing trash survivor players to be winning 50 games in a row with weak killers vs people of equal skill" as it's a contradictory statement.

  • You offer some fair points, that I can't peer into his games and know what's happening. It may have been that on every day except the first day that he was just thrown into games that he stood no chance of winning. That MMR matched him with survivors that could not be beat. But I doubt it. The test was never about putting you against out matched opponents it was about how much weight to put towards MMR vs how much to put towards fast games. Fair games are sweaty games, because fair games require both sides trying their best to win in order to win.

    You shouldn't as survivor or killer be able to use meme perks or add-ons and expect to do well. If you're using weak perks than expect to lose. He talks about how survivors run meta perks, but he doesn't bring up his own perks. It's obvious that he's only presenting one side of the argument. And that's why I come across as hostile, and I'm not really. I'm just pointing out that his argument is absolutely fabricated with the goal of taking advantage of poor matchmaking to be paired with individuals that don't cause him to sweat. And that somehow when I want fair games, I should be playing Scrim because I should not get fair match making in public matches.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880541#Comment_2880541

    Maybe ask them what their results were before making up scenarios in your mind?

    Just a suggestion, of course!

    Too much logic that actually takes being able to admit their true intention.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880155#Comment_2880155

    What you call fun is honestly bullying. The reality is that your non-sweaty games are just babies that you're beating up. I don't need scrims to find appropriate opponents, they already exist in the MMR pool, they just need to be put into my lobbies.

    That's crazy because I get them all the time sounds like you aren't at the MMR you think you are if you're not getting them respectfully.

  • High MMR play is very boring when you see the same killers with the same addons.


    Nurse with faster blink options or Blight with two of four offering choices.

  • @Pulsar said:

    The first day felt awesome. Had some really good games as Survivor and as Killer.

    Day 2 wasn't horrible. It was really hit and miss. Sometimes the games were chill and not sweaty, other times they were atrocious.

    Day 3 was horrible. Constant map offerings, very experienced Survivors, same perks. Felt like the first couple weeks of MMR.

    Mm. I think that the fact my experience was essentially the opposite demonstrates that 'day 2' was the sweet spot.

    Day 1 was bedlam. I went from complete newbies to a 4000 hour bully squad. Queues almost instant. It felt like ranks again - which will be fun for veterans looking for chill (see: easier) games, but not so much fun for everyone else.

    Day 2 felt great. Most of the matches I had, win or lose were quite close. It felt like I was facing off against people with a level of skill/experience close to mine - and the hours bore that out (only one player with substantially more hours than me, none with substantially less).

    Day 3 felt the most even - but the queue times got a bit silly.

  • YEP.

    meta survivors are disgusting to play against and all you will get is blight blight blight nurse blight as survivor.

    Stacked survivor games are some of the most boring experiences i have ever had in gaming.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880617#Comment_2880617

    Mm. I think that the fact my experience was essentially the opposite demonstrates that 'day 2' was the sweet spot.

    Day 1 was bedlam. I went from complete newbies to a 4000 hour bully squad. Queues almost instant. It felt like ranks again - which will be fun for veterans looking for chill (see: easier) games, but not so much fun for everyone else.

    Day 2 felt great. Most of the matches I had, win or lose were quite close. It felt like I was facing off against people with a level of skill/experience close to mine - and the hours bore that out (only one player with substantially more hours than me, none with substantially less).

    Day 3 felt the most even - but the queue times got a bit silly.

    There was one outlier on Day 1 for me. Nurse that took us to Midwich and slugged us to death. Other than that, good Survivors but nothing super crazy. They made mistakes, but they weren't stupid.

    Day 2 was totally inconsistent for me. We had very experienced groups and then Killers with two yellow perks.

    Day 3 was awful. Didn't see anyone under 3K hours, nor did they seem particularly inclined to allow for a fun match.