COH nerf feels a little too harsh imo

I'm pretty sure that everyone is already talking about this but I just feel that the nerf to 75 to 50 is just too much. if you are injured and want to heal yourself, you first have to set up the boon then heal yourself at the speed of self-care. just to have the killer step on it and you have to spend more time setting it up

sure everyone can use the perk but survivor mains don't like it when their team is just self-caring in the corner of the map for half a minute, and it's just a bigger slap in the face because it would be your perk allowing them to do that and not find a more efficient way of healing

The nerf should be at 50% Lowest then probably like 65% or something for the max their

with the nerf at full effect will make other perks more powerful than the boon

Bring Aftercare to locate survivors to heal you, also has the effect of always knowing where people when in full effect which is great for solo q

Bring Pharmacy + Build to last for 2+ Guaranteed fast heals

Bring Inner Healing for Up to 5 fast heals, and a reason to destroy dull totems other than the chance of Hex plaything or noed (Also Great Synergy with other perks)

or even bring self-care because at least you can do that wherever you want without having to set it up

or even just bring a medkit if you care about healing like that ToT

Comments

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877577#Comment_2877577

    Not if you're a solo player, its kinda worse for the survivors especially if there's more than one in the map, since there's no communication you cant tell if you're wasting time healing yourself and someone else is doing the same across the map, while other one is being chased and the other one on the hook. Solo surviving is already super challenging because as much as u can get good teammates you can get someone who's always crouching behind cover and crouch walking whenever they hear the terror radius. This will encourage more time wasting and worse matches for solo survivors :(

    Purely a solo survivor. I bring it cause I can heal myself and it "can" alleviate pressure on teammates that can't heal on their own. There is no loss if I'm going to pick a healing perk anyway.

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877643#Comment_2877643

    this! people, are still going to be caring more about healing than anything but it's just going to be longer, wasting more time. I don't care if the perk is good or not mainly just worried about how people are going to use it after it is nerfed 😬

    Please elaborate. :)

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877593#Comment_2877593

    Bhvr stated that they don't want to nerf SWF but instead want to buff solo players by giving them information that SWF has then rework the game from there

    After so many years they start learning. But if they dont nerf swf killers will get lost more and more. There was killer:surv ratio of 1:50 at us east coast server for some time. They should not say that they have not been warned. I was killer and changed to surv. And as surv i play against all killers except nurse and blight. Then i dont care about 5 minutes punishment.

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877577#Comment_2877577

    If you care for team plays that much then idk heal them yourself 🤷‍♂️

    Empathy always exists to help locate them, also if they are injured and in a chase (Which happens in all chases) you see where they are so you don't need to worry about the killer running up to you unless they get close to you

    I think coh is still the better pick. I can heal myself and there's no need to waste time to chase down teammates, they can either heal themselves or we can do it faster as a group in a fallback zone. If I'm gonna run a healing perk might as well pick the one with hands off team utility.

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877292#Comment_2877292

    I call bs on the healer perks being underpowered compared to it, I only really ever used COH on a boon build other than that I used Inner healing or just a medkit works fine. I would rather be the medic that helps the team and make sure they get saved and healed than just let them waste more time by healing themselves at a totem

    If you think that the other healing perks weren't underpowered in comparison to CoH you're not being objective. The fact that CoH was seen more frequently than all of the other healing perks combined show that.

  • Teammates make or break the game experience, which is why playing solo is soo annoying. personally, I don't care for the perk I never used it but instead used the things listed above. but if I bring it or a teammate does and all the rest of the team does is get hit and run to the corner to heal at the speed of self-care then that's not fun to play with

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877667#Comment_2877667

    Teammates make or break the game experience, which is why playing solo is soo annoying. personally, I don't care for the perk I never used it but instead used the things listed above. but if I bring it or a teammate does and all the rest of the team does is get hit and run to the corner to heal at the speed of self-care then that's not fun to play with

    Go on.

  • end of story nothing to add on about

    god damn, do you like reading my writing or something

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877752#Comment_2877752

    end of story nothing to add on about

    god damn, do you like reading my writing or something

    Go on.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877332#Comment_2877332

    If you think that the other healing perks weren't underpowered in comparison to CoH you're not being objective. The fact that CoH was seen more frequently than all of the other healing perks combined show that.

    if you are underestimating what healing perks CAN do then idk maybe actually try some of them out, just because something isn't meta doesn't make it bad

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlDphAmfUOw

    ^This clip is nothing special but shows 2 healing perks working at 200%, COH (50% + Limited range) would take 4 times longer to heal the Feng

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877524#Comment_2877524

    EXACTLY!, people acting like COH was the best thing in the game but honestly, I kept using the older perks that are way more efficient IMO, and way more satisfying being the support of the team than just putting a boon and hoping your teammates wont just care more about healing themselves then doing things like gens or saving people off hooks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HBUXAC33XBFD/fpmxn5uvsam486x.jpg

    The only thing that makes COH even remotely worth running is that it's convenient. Before COH we had other, better, more reliable options. We still have those options. Unfortunately, we still have selfish teammates who would rather do a gen than rescue a teammate.

    Personally, I don't consider it a win if it means leaving a teammate behind. I will do whatever it takes to get that rescue, even if it means making a trade.

  • Just like the hatch/key nerf, but killers don’t care. No use complaining on the forums.

  • The change from 75% to 50% is not as big as you might think. Here's a breakdown of each speed for both healing others and healing yourself:

    Healing others:

    • Default: 16 seconds
    • +100% speed: 8 seconds
    • +75% speed: 9.14 seconds
    • +50% speed: 10.67 seconds

    Healing self:

    • Default: 32 seconds
    • +100% speed: 16 seconds
    • +75% speed: 18.29 seconds
    • +50% speed: 21.33 seconds

    As you can see, this is only tacking on an additional 2.67 seconds to healing others compared to the original release version of Circle of Healing, and tacking on an additional 5.33 seconds for self-healing in the area. I don't think this is really going to make that much of a difference. The perk will still be just as powerful for the most part, it's just that less people will be running it because they perceive the 50% as being significantly worse than it actually is.

    Like, yeah, sure, that extra 5 seconds of self-healing time can definitely make a difference and it all adds up over the course of a match, but Circle of Healing is quite overtuned as it stands. It is currently the best healing perk in the game by a massive margin and will remain the best healing perk in the game when the midchapter hits. The only real way for it to lose its place as the best healing perk in the game would be if BHVR outright removed the self-healing part from it entirely.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877590#Comment_2877590

    Purely a solo survivor. I bring it cause I can heal myself and it "can" alleviate pressure on teammates that can't heal on their own. There is no loss if I'm going to pick a healing perk anyway.

    You're giving everyone on your team Selfish-Care, thanks for helping the Killer at that point.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877332#Comment_2877332

    If you think that the other healing perks weren't underpowered in comparison to CoH you're not being objective. The fact that CoH was seen more frequently than all of the other healing perks combined show that.

    Self-Care is used more than CoH, btw. So you are wrong.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    It just sucks that the only decent perk we get in years gets a huge nerf while all the op perks killers have gotten patch after patch rarely get nerfed (i know some have, but many stay super useful).

    It's not even that the game sees 4 escapes over and over, there's rarely all escapes, the game was more balanced, I noticed more 2k and 2 escapes during matches which means the game was more balanced, but killers complain if they don't get 4k every game, and unfortunately the grand majority of people posting in these forums are killers complaining about it.

    survivors have gotten fun and useable perks basically every chapter. What are you on?


    Are most of them braindead strong like dh, iw and coh? no. But doesn't mean they aren't useful.

  • @ElmosPayPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877299#Comment_2877299

    survivors have gotten fun and useable perks basically every chapter. What are you on?

    Are most of them braindead strong like dh, iw and coh? no. But doesn't mean they aren't useful.

    We have mostly gotten "fun" perks like you mention, nothing worth using for a decent game, while the last chapter Killers got 3 strong perks vs "ok" perks for survivors

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877664#Comment_2877664

    You're giving everyone on your team Selfish-Care, thanks for helping the Killer at that point.

    How is it helping the killer if teammates that couldn't heal otherwise patch up while the rest of us focus on gens?

    The alternative I see is the killer keeps the pressure of injuries and 2 survivors minimum are off gens. At least with coh if 2 survivors are healing each other it goes faster.

    I use it for myself and any smart teammates that happen to be in the match, can't do anything about potatoes with or without the perk.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877701#Comment_2877701

    Self-Care is used more than CoH, btw. So you are wrong.

    I don't see that at all. I see self caring Claudettes who probably don't have access to CoH but in both my killer and survivor games I see CoH a lot more.

1 2 ›