SBMM has been a complete joke today

Every single game I was paired with new players, doesnt matter how well I played there is no way of even Escaping.

You're putting me against meta build killers (dont have a problem with perks) who also have some decent game knowledge (not the best like I'm use to) with a team of noobs...

I shouldn't be paired with people who dont do gens and just walk round and hug the edge of the maps wall. Seriously you're tell me that I deserve to lose MMR over this?

And yes mmr matters to me, I dont wanna verse new players. Experiencing and out playing higher skilled opponents is what I find most fun. The LAST thing I want is to go down into games where every game is a miserable loss because people dont help or even play the game.

Every game today. Had at LEAST 1 player like this, days like this is why I uninstall your game for ages at a time and why I debate leaving for good.

Good game, bad ranking.

Comments

  • I just lost MMR for someone being stalked to Tier 3 Myers and then being mori'ed in my first chase when he came my way because the survivor lead him past me.

    EW3 with tombstone piece in less than 30 seconds of the game starting, ridiculous.

    Garbage system.

  • And how can I exactly locker when I was doing a generator and the survivor who fattened Myers to EW3 leads him to me so I get aggro instead.

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862485#Comment_2862485

    And how can I exactly locker when I was doing a generator and the survivor who fattened Myers to EW3 leads him to me so I get aggro instead.

    Did he not have a TR? The game was lost if he got tier 3 that quick, but still

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Every single game I was paired with new players, doesnt matter how well I played there is no way of even Escaping.

    You're putting me against meta build killers (dont have a problem with perks) who also have some decent game knowledge (not the best like I'm use to) with a team of noobs...

    I shouldn't be paired with people who dont do gens and just walk round and hug the edge of the maps wall. Seriously you're tell me that I deserve to lose MMR over this?

    And yes mmr matters to me, I dont wanna verse new players. Experiencing and out playing higher skilled opponents is what I find most fun. The LAST thing I want is to go down into games where every game is a miserable loss because people dont help or even play the game.

    Every game today. Had at LEAST 1 player like this, days like this is why I uninstall your game for ages at a time and why I debate leaving for good.

    Good game, bad ranking.

    "I'm am the greatest person alive, god's gift to dbd" is all I got from that rant

  • Exactly, I literally saw myers for like 1 second before he tombstones me.

  • How would you know that he has tombstone if only one chase happened? And the player hadn't seen Michael up until he was led to him?


    You're making it seem as if one person had already been mori'd or as if the poster was actively in a chase with him, give it a break. As far as the player was aware, he was exposed, running to a locker would help nothing but give the killer a free down with no hope for escape.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862501#Comment_2862501

    Did he not have a TR? The game was lost if he got tier 3 that quick, but still

    Yeah, he had a terror radius it was on the game so there was no visibility downstairs.

    I think there was two survivors trolling him with flashlights because in spectator mode they kept teabagging him so he must have juiced them.


  • Luckily there's always a hindsight hypothetical for every possible circumstance. Even luckier those contingencies aren't accountable beyond the initial handwave to ever navigate all the other aspects of that inevitable "you're #########" situation that would usually lock down the same ultimate outcome regardless.

    Otherwise we woulda had to admit that their post was a damn fine example of where MMR/pips/scoring can just be a total joke at capturing the intended aspects its proposed to represent. Damn near perfect.

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862511#Comment_2862511

    Yeah, he had a terror radius it was on the game so there was no visibility downstairs.

    I think there was two survivors trolling him with flashlights because in spectator mode they kept teabagging him so he must have juiced them.

    Maybe both of you can stop arguing. Its spam at this point.

    @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315309/sbmm-has-been-a-complete-joke-today

    "I'm am the greatest person alive, god's gift to dbd" is all I got from that rant

    Ah I guess all you do is walk round the edge of the map not doing anything, sorry I offended you but I shouldn't be paired with people like that/you.

  • That was a terrible campaign. I'm british and a snowflake and still not into the idea.

    (To non-brits yeah that is a real army recruitment poster)

  • it's pretty awful why can me an above average survivor play with people who have like 20 hours on dbd it's bullshit and makes the game impossible to play

  • The longer I play DBD (play is used loosely here, I'm averaging a match a week now) the more I am convinced that it's a terrible game.

    If you are even remotely competitive (which the game encourages you to be) it punishes you for it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    The longer I play DBD (play is used loosely here, I'm averaging a match a week now) the more I am convinced that it's a terrible game.

    If you are even remotely competitive (which the game encourages you to be) it punishes you for it.

    I dont even think the games that bad, afterall 5years later here I am still playing. Sure there are balance issues from perks, maps etc. But the only thing that actually puts me off is this ranking and being punished for things fair out my control.

    Old ranking was better, just needed tweaks.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862616#Comment_2862616

    I dont even think the games that bad, afterall 5years later here I am still playing. Sure there are balance issues from perks, maps etc. But the only thing that actually puts me off is this ranking and being punished for things fair out my control.

    Old ranking was better, just needed tweaks.

    I'm competitive. I like to win. It's why I like the Souls series so much. I feel like the time I put into learning the game and getting good is rewarded appropriately. It's far from easy but it is rewarding.

    In DBD, it doesn't matter how skillful I am. If I get a bad map, I lose. If I get a good map but bad RNG, I lose. If Survivors bring certain perks, I lose. If the Killer plays a specific character, I lose. If the Killer brings certain perks, I lose. Because I play a certain Killer on Console, I lose.

    There are so many things completely outside of my control that it makes it so incredibly frustrating to even attempt to play. The game wants you to be competitive, hence MMR but it refuses to actually become competitive in its balance. This creates an incredibly anti-fun environment and clearly others think so too, considering the SteamCharts.

    This game has always had so much potential. But by now, I'm well and truly convinced it will never reach it barring a drastic change.

  • @geovana_manguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862546#Comment_2862546

    ASSUME he has it. Reading is difficult for you? Also, you have a third person view. You can check your surroundings. Stop making excuses.

    Lol, except according to the poster, the addon defied all logic because the Myers tiered up very quickly - there is no way for a solo player to understand exactly what had happened in this game:


    Which was that a teammate fed the Myers from the beginning of the game, allowing him to tier up aggressively. This is a communication issue in SoloQ. The player had done nothing wrong than to play instinctively, and with the little information that they had. Myers tiered up very quickly, Myers is nearby, attempt a loop/chase. Not to mention there are far more perks to help engage in a chase/down than there is for a locker. Depending on WHERE exactly the player was, a pallet/vault might've been closer than a locker too.


    Stop being a troll or trying to play Devils advocate in a situation that doesn't demand it.

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862546#Comment_2862546

    Exactly, dullards like the poster you're responding to cannot comprehend anything past their humongous nose.

    It was on the game so there's no visibility and then I get mori'ed.

    Locker would have done nothing apart from instant down but Myers would have dropped me anyway and continued chasing the other guy.

    At this point Myers didn't even stalk me so he lost out on more uses of tombstone piece anyway because he didn't juice me.

    To be honest, getting 1 player out early game pretty much guarantees a 4k. The other poster is either a troll, or someone who plays killer and wants exactly scenarios like that to help boost his game - hence the justification of it happening and blaming you for it happening.


    The real issue behind all of this is - No communication in SoloQ and disproportionate matchmaking

  • I love low mmr...less chance of successful tunnelers and 4 man swf. At least able to play the game. You can still pip and make bp off randos as teammates. Just do gens and harvest then when they get caught. There are ways to facilitate them being found.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Every single game I was paired with new players, doesnt matter how well I played there is no way of even Escaping.

    You're putting me against meta build killers (dont have a problem with perks) who also have some decent game knowledge (not the best like I'm use to) with a team of noobs...

    I shouldn't be paired with people who dont do gens and just walk round and hug the edge of the maps wall. Seriously you're tell me that I deserve to lose MMR over this?

    And yes mmr matters to me, I dont wanna verse new players. Experiencing and out playing higher skilled opponents is what I find most fun. The LAST thing I want is to go down into games where every game is a miserable loss because people dont help or even play the game.

    Every game today. Had at LEAST 1 player like this, days like this is why I uninstall your game for ages at a time and why I debate leaving for good.

    Good game, bad ranking.

    SBMM is a failed system. It doesn’t work because in order for it to work properly it would require far more killer players than we currently have. To keep queue times down for survivors, SBMM has to be modified to allow for a wide range of MMR, essentially making the system useless.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862593#Comment_2862593

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862585#Comment_2862585

    Maybe both of you can stop arguing. Its spam at this point.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862527#Comment_2862527

    Ah I guess all you do is walk round the edge of the map not doing anything, sorry I offended you but I shouldn't be paired with people like that/you.

    Uh...no, I do what I'm supposed to and not worry about anyone else, I'm worried about me, not you

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2862622#Comment_2862622

    I'm competitive. I like to win. It's why I like the Souls series so much. I feel like the time I put into learning the game and getting good is rewarded appropriately. It's far from easy but it is rewarding.

    In DBD, it doesn't matter how skillful I am. If I get a bad map, I lose. If I get a good map but bad RNG, I lose. If Survivors bring certain perks, I lose. If the Killer plays a specific character, I lose. If the Killer brings certain perks, I lose. Because I play a certain Killer on Console, I lose.

    There are so many things completely outside of my control that it makes it so incredibly frustrating to even attempt to play. The game wants you to be competitive, hence MMR but it refuses to actually become competitive in its balance. This creates an incredibly anti-fun environment and clearly others think so too, considering the SteamCharts.

    This game has always had so much potential. But by now, I'm well and truly convinced it will never reach it barring a drastic change.

    Your post resonates very well with me. It's frustrating and sad to admit these things. Yes I know it's just a video game, but winning/losing is winning/losing no matter the game or competition. I just made a post about this same thing if you're interested.