Artist should be made 4.4, but have birds buffed to compensate

So she can rely on using her power more often and not sometimes have it come down to simple 4.6 gameplay. Also think it would make her true S tier. Which we need more of

Comments

  • I think making her 4.4 would just encourage holding W even more than she already does and just make her more clunky to play. It wouldn’t make her more fun at all.

    I thought it was weird that she was 4.6 when she came out but after playing as and against her a bit I changed my mind. I think she’s fine as is honestly.

  • Yall are massively overrating Artist.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    So she can rely on using her power more often and not sometimes have it come down to simple 4.6 gameplay. Also think it would make her true S tier. Which we need more of

    I think Artist is fine as is. Pretty damn near perfect, with the exception of mostly boring/bad addons.

    She still has a chase aspect to her, but a powerful toolkit that can be used for antiloop, sniping, disruption and scouting at range.

    @Steel_Eyed said:

    Yall are massively overrating Artist.

    How so?

    I'd rank her top A tier, just behind Huntress.

  • Artist needs to be reworked to someone who isn’t boring as hell.

  • This would make her even more boring to play and to play against.

  • Wouldn't this be an overall nerf? ShiftW is already her biggest counter, making her 4.4 would make ShiftW even stronger

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    So she can rely on using her power more often and not sometimes have it come down to simple 4.6 gameplay. Also think it would make her true S tier. Which we need more of

    Honestly I thought this a couple of weeks ago, I thought maybe if she cld be 4.4 and then maybe give her crows vertical manoeuvrability it wld make her stronger and less map dependent, however good survivors just hold w and barely give me a chance to actually use my crows other than for recon. I started using stbfl and severed tongue on her and it’s helped tremendously in catching up with good survivors who just hold w.

  • Like injuring even after hitting a walls, and can hit same survivor with two birds at once?

    Yeah maybe, that'd be fun.

  • Tbh no. You would have to buff her birds waaaay too much in order to compensate for that.

  • @georgiebeau said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315155/artist-should-be-made-4-4-but-have-birds-buffed-to-compensate

    Honestly I thought this a couple of weeks ago, I thought maybe if she cld be 4.4 and then maybe give her crows vertical manoeuvrability it wld make her stronger and less map dependent, however good survivors just hold w and barely give me a chance to actually use my crows other than for recon. I started using stbfl and severed tongue on her and it’s helped tremendously in catching up with good survivors who just hold w.

    Verticality would not help her power at all. The best way to use it is angling it at loops in such a way that they either take a hit from you or get birds, then following it up with another set. But using more than one bird shot at a loop is a waste and means you can't get a hit with them, so just don't waste them unless you know you can get a shot or force a hit with one set.

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860806#Comment_2860806

    Verticality would not help her power at all. The best way to use it is angling it at loops in such a way that they either take a hit from you or get birds, then following it up with another set. But using more than one bird shot at a loop is a waste and means you can't get a hit with them, so just don't waste them unless you know you can get a shot or force a hit with one set.

    Actually verticality wld help her, idk if you’ve ever played her on maps like swamp, rpd, haddonfield? But I’d rather keep her at 4.6 than give her verticality (which was my point) You’re right, u shld only rlly use one bird at a time cos the cool-down is too big unless u can guarantee a hit. Smart survivors will just run away from the loop forcing u to M1 them, that’s where stbfl comes into play cos u can easily catch up with the w keying survivor. Severed tongue allows me to use recon even in mid chase to check gens without losing too much distance.

  • @georgiebeau said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860839#Comment_2860839

    Actually verticality wld help her, idk if you’ve ever played her on maps like swamp, rpd, haddonfield? But I’d rather keep her at 4.6 than give her verticality (which was my point) You’re right, u shld only rlly use one bird at a time cos the cool-down is too big unless u can guarantee a hit. Smart survivors will just run away from the loop forcing u to M1 them, that’s where stbfl comes into play cos u can easily catch up with the w keying survivor. Severed tongue allows me to use recon even in mid chase to check gens without losing too much distance.

    You know what, that's a fair point about the swamp maps as well as any level with slight elevation. I don't think it would be worth losing 4.6 over, but I wish her beards just tracked the terrain better in general, I could see them going under the hill at Shack and providing no info.. and RPD is probably a nightmare too. I don't play her enough tbh but I feel for people that chose to main her

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860847#Comment_2860847

    You know what, that's a fair point about the swamp maps as well as any level with slight elevation. I don't think it would be worth losing 4.6 over, but I wish her beards just tracked the terrain better in general, I could see them going under the hill at Shack and providing no info.. and RPD is probably a nightmare too. I don't play her enough tbh but I feel for people that chose to main her

    I semi main her and I find her incredibly fun to play once u learn how to counter the survivor’s counter. I usually am rlly good in chase and only tend to lose against 4 man swfs who get said maps where recon becomes hard because I can’t angle her crows to gens and survivors know this. Yeah birds follow the terrain for 8 metres when they form a swarm and then go through the terrain so I can see how hard it can be for the devs to give her verticality, cos they wld virtually have to change her close range shots too.

  • It's hilarious that people make the assumption that she's unfun to play against when there are only like 6 people playing artist and they all suck at the killer

  • Artist is fine as she is.

  • @DBDfan_groups42k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315155/artist-should-be-made-4-4-but-have-birds-buffed-to-compensate

    The developers were asked directly on the PTB to give it a speed of 4.2-4.4, but they ignored this fact. By releasing her and breaking the balance, since it is not possible to run in circles against her, shacks and pallets

    No killer should ever be 4.2m. Only killer under 4.4 is Nurse, and she's... special

  • This would destroy her.

  • She is fine. Leave her alone.

  • 4.4 killers are boring. Artist is fine.