This totem location left me speechless
Very well hidden, as you can see
Very well hidden, as you can see
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
What totem?
Don't you see the hex next to a gen ?
OF COURSE I DO
There's no hex in the picture
We are constantly improving totem spawns with each new map and updated map 🥰
This is why I very rarely run hex perks. They aren’t strong enough to warrant such terrible spawns.
Iv had worse....
It certainly improved from the survivors perspective. Making it far easier to get rid of those pesky hexes.
No gens done, 2 people completely dead, 1 person on death hooks:
Still finds something to complain about XD
Thing is using totems on nurse isnt really needed but ya their spawn can suck at times. I suggest you use none on her or go full on pentimento nurse
If you are speechless you must be new to the game.
As i play killer too i am always sorry for the killer when i spawn directly in front of his Hex and cleanse it the second i can move.
Even I could not find that...
So shiny too
Totems were never meant to be completely hidden anyway. Of course there are better and worse spawns, but on indoor map like The Game, most are pretty well hidden anyway. RNG spawns are part of the risk of running a hex.
where boon there is no risk.
Well. If I do and get value out of it often… won’t you just talk it down by saying I am playing against potatoes? (Which I would kinda agree with, just saying to tell me to do it)
and Devour Hope is especially a high risk/very high reward perk. Take Ruin and you got a perk that’s being used often and is giving value often. Maybe not on top 0.1 % skill. But then again, there is only very few perks valuable on both sides there
Boons have nothing to do with any of this. Or do you suggest hexes should be working like boons, because then you would also need the set up time if you want them to function the same.
no what I want is if the killer snuff it out the totem break or need to be how many time you boon one totem
like if you boon this one totem and it gets put out you can't relight that totem but you'll be able lit different totems but same will happen to that totem if it gets put out.
something!
Yeah, that totem spawn sucks. And I always get it when I play on The Game, so I can understand the pain.
This is honestly one of the harder to find totems. Because you dont often come from that area as a survivor. It's not the best gen to fix, better to travel upstairs as there is more vision on a potential killer running and its out of hearing range from the staircase.
From your angle, that totem looks super obvious, but if we're gonna use angles to make totems look obvious, then I can stand next to any totem and be like "so easy".
Well I agree to some degree. But in the end, Hexes and Boons are two completely different topics.
you are explaining it from a reasonable point of view. We don’t do that here. ;)
Well. Then I gotta disagree with you. I get value out of it often enough when I run it (mostly for a challenge with exposed hits).
of course not every game, but that has been the nature of Hexes since their introduction.
Thats 100% false though. You have a survivor not touching gens in a meta where survivors have to consider a lot of genregression perks to be active. The only way that a hex has no reward, is if no one touched the totem and you never gained the oppertunity to use it. Examples are:
Any other scenario, you got a reward from it. Maybe not a big reward, but that reward can easily outshine a lot of non-hex perks. Even Scourge Hooks are more likely to give you no value than a hex totem.
You're just mad that you didnt get close to the potential of the hex totem and call it worthless and a waste of a perk slot, but you're ignoring all the guaranteed value you have gained from survivors searching for and cleansing the totem.
That’s actually not too bad based on my experience. Usually mine spawn about 5 ft away from a gen in plain view. I don’t run hexes anymore because of how terrible the totem spawns usually are.
I mean, the totem spawns are RNG, most totems are great, some are bad, this specific one is actually one of the better ones in general as its in a corner that survivors dont look for when searching for totems. You'd have to come from 1 specific angle, in a low traffic area. A bad totem is one that has many angles and is in a high traffic area.
Again, you are just mad that you didnt get the value you wanted from the hex totem, even though you clearly did get quite some value out of it, just not the value you wanted.
I shoud add that this totem was next to the stairs too. So not really a low trafic area.
The point of the angle is, from that point of the map, people tend to go through the doorway from the staircase, but unless they are in chase against a ranged killer, there isnt much reason to look behind you. The other way, aka, the angle you see the totem from, is low traffic for survivors, because its not a great gen, not an easy to remember totem either, the fact that this totem hasnt been cleansed with 2 people dead already pretty much shows how good of a totem it is.
If it was as easy as some people here claim, they would start cleansing the moment you downed someone, and it would be cleansed before you could get back.
Refreshing - just did the destroy 20 totems tome.
Jill with Small game and Counterforce - almost did 5 per trial. I didn´t had any NOED worries at all :-)
Also it is nice to learn totem spawns again.
FINALLY
Found a gen on this map.
While it's not the worst I've seen, it's still not a good totem spawn.
If I remember right, the side you're taking the screenshot from leads to an opening, so if survivors look towards the gen at all, they'll most likely see it., and while on the gen, it's highly likely they could hear it too.
It's not about the angle as some here are saying, it's an obvious totem and is beside a generator. Two things that make me surprised you were able to end the match without it being destroyed.
EDIT: Glad someone removed all the stuff that wasn't about the post's subject. But could ya at least leave some of my passive aggressiveness intact when you edit my comments? It's all I have damn it.
That's not really the point here though. The point is to point out a bad totem spot, at least what OP sees as a bad totem spot. The outcome of the match doesn't really have anything to do with that.
The one that's just by a tree in plain sight on Shelter Woods is the worst by far.
You got a LOS blocker between gen and totem, luxury!
This is my favorite totem spot that I've seen personally. I've heard of some totems that spawn on top of a hill or in another high obvious spot called "lighthouse totems" I think they've mostly gotten rid of those. Not that the new spots are much better though
8 Hooks, 2 dead, and 1 person on hook, 0 gens done, and ruin still up in the most obvious place?? What were the survivors even doing?!?!?! hahahahaha
You haven't seen the worst of it