I hated Nurse so I started playing her. Please give me some tips!

Okay I feel like I have to post something about this. I always hated Nurse and I felt like it was time to start playing her myself, I have 2.5K hours in DBD. I'm still learning but I have to say that I have a lot of fun playing her. I started practicing with her and I'm already getting 4K after 4K with her. I'm still using the Plaid Flannel Addon because I'm still learning, but out of 30 games i had 3 games without a 4K. I played against some really good survivors and had some really close games. I'm still not great when going against her but I feel like I'm already getting a lot better since I play her myself.

I really want to play without the Plaid Flannel addon but I feel like I'm not ready to do that yet. That's why I have a question: Do I need to stop using this addon or should I keep using it until I feel like I'm ready to play without?

I'm affraid if i keep using it I can't ever play without it anymore. Does anyone have tips how to do this? Please let me know what I should do! Thank you!🤗

Comments

  • Use no addons at all.

    That's how I trained my blinks.

    I very rarely use addons at all now unless it's against a SWF party.

  • @MilManson said:

    Use no addons at all.

    That's how I trained my blinks.

    I very rarely use addons at all now unless it's against a SWF party.

    That's not a bad idea honestly. I'm using the Plaid Flannel and the yellow blink recharge addon. Did you ever use the plaid flannel?

  • Nope I never used addons at all, they just made me worse at blinking.

    Without addons my confidence grew.

  • @MilManson said:

    Nope I never used addons at all, they just made me worse at blinking.

    Without addons my confidence grew.

    Okay, ty!

  • Just imagine a straight line in your head and then count in your head and remember the distances when you hold the blinking button and then it becomes second nature.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfnmZvK4l88&t

    This video ^^

    This right here, as well as other Nurse vids from this guy, basically taught me how to play Nurse without ever touching her once. They're old but because her kit basically hasn't changed they're still very applicable in terms of general tips (if not the builds lol) and just watching videos and the like can help you massively figure out blink distances to charge times, how to angle your camera, etc. You pick it up while just watching and subconsciously absorbing the info, which helps lessen the learning curve.

    Outside of this, don't use Shadowborn unless you have to. If you use it while learning then you'll always have to play with it, less you have to relearn everything without it.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    Okay I feel like I have to post something about this. I always hated Nurse and I felt like it was time to start playing her myself, I have 2.5K hours in DBD. I'm still learning but I have to say that I have a lot of fun playing her. I started practicing with her and I'm already getting 4K after 4K with her. I'm still using the Plaid Flannel Addon because I'm still learning, but out of 30 games i had 3 games without a 4K. I played against some really good survivors and had some really close games. I'm still not great when going against her but I feel like I'm already getting a lot better since I play her myself.

    I really want to play without the Plaid Flannel addon but I feel like I'm not ready to do that yet. That's why I have a question: Do I need to stop using this addon or should I keep using it until I feel like I'm ready to play without?

    I'm affraid if i keep using it I can't ever play without it anymore. Does anyone have tips how to do this? Please let me know what I should do! Thank you!🤗

    In essence:

    • Don't try to lead survivors. Your first blink takes you to where you last saw them (if they are out of LOS) or just past them (if you can see them). Adjust with your second blink.
    • Don't panic if you whiff, reorient yourself to the survivor, charge both while moving in that direction and go in again.
  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfnmZvK4l88&t

    This video ^^

    This right here, as well as other Nurse vids from this guy, basically taught me how to play Nurse without ever touching her once. They're old but because her kit basically hasn't changed they're still very applicable in terms of general tips (if not the builds lol) and just watching videos and the like can help you massively figure out blink distances to charge times, how to angle your camera, etc. You pick it up while just watching and subconsciously absorbing the info, which helps lessen the learning curve.

    Outside of this, don't use Shadowborn unless you have to. If you use it while learning then you'll always have to play with it, less you have to relearn everything without it.

    Thank you! I will definitely check it out. I never used shadowborn before. Does it really make that much of a difference?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314913/i-hated-nurse-so-i-started-playing-her-please-give-me-some-tips

    In essence:

    • Don't try to lead survivors. Your first blink takes you to where you last saw them (if they are out of LOS) or just past them (if you can see them). Adjust with your second blink.
    • Don't panic if you whiff, reorient yourself to the survivor, charge both while moving in that direction and go in again.

    Thank you! I will keep this in mind. :)

  • Outside of looking up some guides like the one above.

    The main things you need to learn, are the muscle memory of how far a blink needs to be charged for a certain amount of distance, and to not use addons when first starting out.

    Plaid flannel may seem like it's good, but it can actually hinder how well you learn her since you're seeing the info, not feeling it. Which means when you switch out you're going to be back a few steps now that you don't have a visual indicator.


    Among other things, since you asked for multiple tips in the title, there are a few things to keep note of that are a bit less talked about:

    • Survivors have a hitbox when you blink. Think of them as a small pillar that moves around, if you try to blink into that pillar, you'll fail and your blink will be cut short. So with blinks through walls, don't try to blink to where you think they are/will be. Blink to where they're going/have been. Depending on if you think they'll double back or not.
    • When blinking for maximum distance, look up a small amount. This may seem obvious, but I noticed a lot of people I've played with try to look to where they want to be, but this can actually shorten the distance travelled. Look up a small amount so your view is a tiny bit higher than straight ahead of you and you'll go the maximum distance you can. This will also stop you from blinking to a lower level.

    Other than that. It comes down to learning survivors and how they will play. Nurse isn't actually that hard to learn in terms of her power, it's the aspect of knowing what a survivor will do that becomes the issue.

    Hopefully this helps, and I hope you keep having fun with her!

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857738#Comment_2857738

    Thank you! I will definitely check it out. I never used shadowborn before. Does it really make that much of a difference?

    It can be helpful and the FOV makes a difference, but primarily it's used to help those with motion sickness because there's no FOV slider in the game. It's not major but it's noticeable enough that when you take it off you really feel it.

  • I have no tips more than what was already said mine is a plead please don't become yet another nurse with stacked up slowdowns

  • Use the horse and pinecone addon for less fatigue to get a feel for succesful hits.

  • Don't use add-ons, this is best advice i can give you. You need to learn her base-kit and blinks. Learn without add-ons. That's what i did. After learning blinks, you can use add-ons. And learn how to mindgame survivors. So you will be decent Nurse main after this. But don't forget, mindgames are always 50/50 and Nurse is always works like this.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857697#Comment_2857697

    That's not a bad idea honestly. I'm using the Plaid Flannel and the yellow blink recharge addon. Did you ever use the plaid flannel?

    I used to, I wouldn’t recommend it. It can be helpful but don’t lean into that add on too much. It can teach bad habits.


    Than again I also stopped playing her for like a month than suddenly new exactly how to time blinks for no particular reason so idk.

  • 1 _ Once you have used Plaid Flannel once to see how the distance moves, never use it again.

    2 _ Don't ever use any addon. Especially not the powerful ones (recharge, distance, charges)

    3 _ First thing you want to do is to blink everywhere. The survivors on the map are only a distraction, you do not care about them.

    • These machines in the field? Blink to land inside them.
    • These metal stairs outside or inside a building? Blink and land on them.
    • That small blue room on top in that building? Blink to land inside it from the outside of the building as well as the inside.
    • ...

    All this from many angle and distances. You need to be consistent.

    4 _ If you get bored of this, try to chase survivors. Don't try to win, just chase and try to hit them.


    Once you have done 3 and 4 for quite a while (I'm speaking several days) and your finger is doing the distance job for you, you can start real chases.


    Your build: full chase. You want BBQ, Nurse calling, Infectious Fright, Spies from the Shadow, Bitter Murmur, ... you get the idea.


    There are two schools:

    • Prediction
    • Reaction

    Reaction amounts to using the first blink to land close to the survivor, usually to the last position you saw. Then use the second blink to home in.

    Prediction requires more game sense as it requires you to blink where you expect the survivor will be.


    Ideally you want to mix the two.

    Remember good survivors will look at you and guess your next move so fake it from time to time.


    That's about it.


    Good luck and welcome to the family.


    PS: do not use Shadowborn.

  • @AlbinoViera said:

    Outside of looking up some guides like the one above.

    The main things you need to learn, are the muscle memory of how far a blink needs to be charged for a certain amount of distance, and to not use addons when first starting out.

    Plaid flannel may seem like it's good, but it can actually hinder how well you learn her since you're seeing the info, not feeling it. Which means when you switch out you're going to be back a few steps now that you don't have a visual indicator.

    Among other things, since you asked for multiple tips in the title, there are a few things to keep note of that are a bit less talked about:

    • Survivors have a hitbox when you blink. Think of them as a small pillar that moves around, if you try to blink into that pillar, you'll fail and your blink will be cut short. So with blinks through walls, don't try to blink to where you think they are/will be. Blink to where they're going/have been. Depending on if you think they'll double back or not.
    • When blinking for maximum distance, look up a small amount. This may seem obvious, but I noticed a lot of people I've played with try to look to where they want to be, but this can actually shorten the distance travelled. Look up a small amount so your view is a tiny bit higher than straight ahead of you and you'll go the maximum distance you can. This will also stop you from blinking to a lower level.

    Other than that. It comes down to learning survivors and how they will play. Nurse isn't actually that hard to learn in terms of her power, it's the aspect of knowing what a survivor will do that becomes the issue.

    Hopefully this helps, and I hope you keep having fun with her!

    Thank you for this comment. This will definitely help. <3

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857877#Comment_2857877

    It can be helpful and the FOV makes a difference, but primarily it's used to help those with motion sickness because there's no FOV slider in the game. It's not major but it's noticeable enough that when you take it off you really feel it.

    I never understood why people used it. One of the best Blights in DBD (LilithOmen, or something like that) uses it too. I will definitely keep away from it. Thanks.

  • @egg_ said:

    I have no tips more than what was already said mine is a plead please don't become yet another nurse with stacked up slowdowns

    Haha I understand why you say that. I do have a decent slowdown build tho. One of my favorite builds on her is: Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook Gift Of Pain, BBQ and Starstruck. I know it has some slowdown in it but I have seen much worse, for example: Ruin, Undying, Scourge Hook Pain Resonance and Corrupt. I feel like I need some slowdown tho because I'm still learning and because of the SBMM.

  • @q6iha34x1r69psli7pg said:

    Never use Plaid Flannel, it does not help you. Just afk lerys also, you will not learn anything on that map.

    Yeah, I think I stop using it for now. Thank you!

  • @Chadku said:

    Use the horse and pinecone addon for less fatigue to get a feel for succesful hits.

    Thank you, I'm definitely going to use them. These addons look great for a beginner like me.😅

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Don't use add-ons, this is best advice i can give you. You need to learn her base-kit and blinks. Learn without add-ons. That's what i did. After learning blinks, you can use add-ons. And learn how to mindgame survivors. So you will be decent Nurse main after this. But don't forget, mindgames are always 50/50 and Nurse is always works like this.

    I try to stay away from most addons until I learned her base power. I never used any Other addons then the Fatigue and blink recharge addons. Someone told me to use the Horse and Pinecone addon for less fatigue so I might try that out as well. I haven't played DBD in 6 days so I might be a little rusty. When do you recommend to start using addons?

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857983#Comment_2857983

    I try to stay away from most addons until I learned her base power. I never used any Other addons then the Fatigue and blink recharge addons. Someone told me to use the Horse and Pinecone addon for less fatigue so I might try that out as well. I haven't played DBD in 6 days so I might be a little rusty. When do you recommend to start using addons?

    After learn how to blink. For example i am aiming tree. If i success, i know how to blink now. This is most important part about her, if you learn how to blink then you can master her. So don't focus on hooks, kills etc. Focus successful blinks. And then successful blink hits. And you are okey with her base-kit after this.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857699#Comment_2857699

    I used to, I wouldn’t recommend it. It can be helpful but don’t lean into that add on too much. It can teach bad habits.

    Than again I also stopped playing her for like a month than suddenly new exactly how to time blinks for no particular reason so idk.

    Yea, most people here say it's not a good idea to keep using it so I'm not using it anymore from now on. I hope the same thing will happen to me.😂 I haven't played DBD for like 6 days now so maybe I'm a god now, that would be really nice.😅

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857952#Comment_2857952

    Haha I understand why you say that. I do have a decent slowdown build tho. One of my favorite builds on her is: Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook Gift Of Pain, BBQ and Starstruck. I know it has some slowdown in it but I have seen much worse, for example: Ruin, Undying, Scourge Hook Pain Resonance and Corrupt. I feel like I need some slowdown tho because I'm still learning and because of the SBMM.

    Some slowdown especially while learning her is ok. What I dislike is people who already should know how to play her and play as if it's a comp game, but oh well

    Personally I use jolt only on her. I add corrupt if I haven't played DBD for a while, and just for a couple of games to get the feel out of it again. It's enough even against pretty good player to get a decent game out of it. Then again, I don't mind losing now and then nor getting a 1/2 k with 8-10 hooks (I play for the 12 hooks trying not to tunnel most times)

  • @drsoontm said:

    1 _ Once you have used Plaid Flannel once to see how the distance moves, never use it again.

    2 _ Don't ever use any addon. Especially not the powerful ones (recharge, distance, charges)

    3 _ First thing you want to do is to blink everywhere. The survivors on the map are only a distraction, you do not care about them.

    • These machines in the field? Blink to land inside them.
    • These metal stairs outside or inside a building? Blink and land on them.
    • That small blue room on top in that building? Blink to land inside it from the outside of the building as well as the inside.
    • ...

    All this from many angle and distances. You need to be consistent.

    4 _ If you get bored of this, try to chase survivors. Don't try to win, just chase and try to hit them.

    Once you have done 3 and 4 for quite a while (I'm speaking several days) and your finger is doing the distance job for you, you can start real chases.

    Your build: full chase. You want BBQ, Nurse calling, Infectious Fright, Spies from the Shadow, Bitter Murmur, ... you get the idea.

    There are two schools:

    • Prediction
    • Reaction

    Reaction amounts to using the first blink to land close to the survivor, usually to the last position you saw. Then use the second blink to home in.

    Prediction requires more game sense as it requires you to blink where you expect the survivor will be.

    Ideally you want to mix the two.

    Remember good survivors will look at you and guess your next move so fake it from time to time.

    That's about it.

    Good luck and welcome to the family.

    PS: do not use Shadowborn.

    Thank you so much for all these tips. This is something I have never thought about. I always tried to just play with her like I do in a regular game and have never focussed on learning the killer itself. I think this is the best advice you could give me. I always focus on getting kills and that's why I used the Plaid Flannel. I did really well with it and that's why I didn't want to take it off. I will stay away from Shadowborn btw. I will definitely be focussing on learning from now on. Thank you!!!🖤

  • Always use blink visible addons, this is how you learn to blink over a wall.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858899#Comment_2858899

    Some slowdown especially while learning her is ok. What I dislike is people who already should know how to play her and play as if it's a comp game, but oh well

    Personally I use jolt only on her. I add corrupt if I haven't played DBD for a while, and just for a couple of games to get the feel out of it again. It's enough even against pretty good player to get a decent game out of it. Then again, I don't mind losing now and then nor getting a 1/2 k with 8-10 hooks (I play for the 12 hooks trying not to tunnel most times)

    On other killers I sometimes use way more slowdown. I just feel like I have to after the SBMM release. I hope MMR will be removed one day because it makes the game a lot more sweaty. I'm a spirit main myself and use a really good build on her too. I don't use the really strong addons and I have never even used any of her addons that were Very Rare or Ultra Rare. One of my favorite builds on her is: Pop, Pain Resonance, BBQ and the last perk depends, I use the Yellow Speed and Charge speed addon on her.

    About Nurse:

    Someone made a great comment and gave me some great advice, with as best tip: Don't focus on killing. On nurse I will be focussing on learning from now on until I feel like I'm good with her basekit. I will take out all slowdown for now and make a build out of the perks he suggested me to use. When I feel like I'm good enough I will start playing with a better build but since Nurse is already very strong I don't think I will be using my Spirit build on her if I ever get good with her.

  • I feel like Shift + W is really bad against all killers except Blight. I will be focussing on learning from now on until I feel like I'm good with her basekit. I will start playing with addons when I feel like I'm good enough with her basekit. But I think Shift + W will always be strong.

  • @q6iha34x1r69psli7pg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858909#Comment_2858909

    Use double recharge because nurse right now is really bad against shift + W without those.

    I've played 3 games of nurse yesterday and I have to say that they were going surprisingly well. I didn't use double recharge but with the yellow recharge I'm doing okay for now. I tried playing without addons and with the yellow recharge and another addon, i believe it was the pineapple and I was doing better then expected. Thank you for the tip tho, I will definitely try it out next time.

  • Don't use Plaid Flannel. You'll need the add on slot for something else against the best teams, and you need to build the muscle memory. Best to rip the band aid off.

    Pay attention to where the survivor is looking as you charge your blink. Looking back at you = likely to double back or stutter step. Looking straight ahead = likely to hold W.

    You can manipulate the survivor movement a bit by aiming one way while you charge the blink and flicking a different way at the last split second. Only works on survivors who are actively reading and reacting to you. No point in doing this to survivors who have their head down charging straight ahead.

    You don't need to be blinking all the time. Waiting on one or two perfect blinks is always better than going full send on a hope and a prayer and being wrong.

    Use your ears when you can't see. Plant your face into a wall and follow with sound if you hear footsteps/cries. You'll eventually get a feel for distance relative to sound. Then you'll be sniping blind on Lerys.

    Mix up corner blinks with prediction. A high level survivor will bully a predictable Nurse.

  • Don't show weakness, survivors will put you through hell if they catch you playing as a baby nurse, When i went against my first SWF streak as Nurse, I felt so horrible that I thought of completely quitting DBD all together and wishing I haven't bought this game at all, It was all pain and suffering, and it still makes me think of that to this day.

    TLDR; Playing Nurse as a Newbie Killer is PTSD.