What Do You Think for Year 5 Killers?
So year 5 ended, year 6 anniversary on the way. What do you think for year 5 killers? Nemesis, Pinhead, Artist and Sadako.
For me;
Nemesis: Best killer in game (for me). He is reason i am playing DbD more. I love this big boy so much.
Pinhead: I think this killer showed us BHVR still can make good designs. His passive is great, gives second objective to survivors. Anti-loop is average. He has good animations and great voice-line. I love playing as him sometimes.
Artist: She is strong, she looks great. But for me, she was only one boring killer of year 5.
Sadako: She needs some buffs for sure. I think her passive is not threat for survivors, her stealth is not great either. So she needs some buffs but i love her. She is fun and fresh. I am already using my BPs on her for P3.
Comments
I agree with most except Nemesis. He’s just not appealing to me.
I am Resident Evil fan, maybe that is reason i love him so much. But he can be annoying to play against for sure.
Not a fan of any of them tbh. I don't think they're bad/poor killers, its just none of their powers really interest me.
A year with too many licences and 3 killers that were incredibly unappealing to me. Definitely my least favourite year of playing, though I have to appreciate PR + DMS finally giving us new perks to deal with as survivor instead of ruin undying tinkerer on literally everyone. Wish we had more original (and creative) chapters but alas the only og this year was Artist, bringing us the next flavour of anti-loop no mobility. Engaging.
Though, Sadako has been a breath of fresh air for me. She's not like any of the recently designed killers and, while weak, she's so much fun for me to play and it's reinvigorating my love in the game.
Especially because my PH build is Ruin/Undying/BBQ/I'm All Ears rn, I have had essentially no new killer content I enjoy since Blight. Sadako has given me new perks (Floods of Rage on Freddy and Napkin, Call of Brine + PGTW on people) and a new killer I like.
I hope Year 6 brings more killers like Sadako (as in, they feel fresh and exciting) and a nuclear strike to COH.
I think they should change nemesis into classic model , people hate RE3 remake.
It's interesting that 3 out of the 4 killers were licensed for year 5, compared to 3 original killers and 1 licensed killer for year 4.
I wonder what the balance of licensed/original will be for year 6?
Sadako saved it for me due to how faithful she is to the source. Also she's fun.
Hard disagree on Nemesis. Somehow I find him more boring than Artist. PH with extra steps.
I usually don't like anti-loop killers either but Nemesis is different. I mained him because i am RE fan boy. But i loved his tentacle so much, it is just so much fun to use.
I don't like silent Hill but Pyramid Head has my heart. Everyone else just makes me think "Why not just play Pyramid Head"
Nemesis and pinhead are bada**
artist is alright
ringu is a snooze fest😴
Silent Hill is great franchise, i would suggest you play but all games are so old. And Konami stopped make new games. Sad for horror fans.
Wasn't this last year Year 6 technically?
June 2016-17: Year 1
June 2017-18: Year 2
June 2018-19: Year 3
June 2019-20: Year 4
June 2020-21: Year 5
June 2021-22: Year 6?
Either way doesn't matter. Really love Nemesis and Sadako. Pinhead was eh and Artist was fun during ptb and then like the first day of live servers. Then Artist became eh.
Pinheads voice lines are excellent as they add to the atmosphere. Definitely need other killers to use these.
Nemesis - Not an RE fan so no bias or attachment to it. Not a fan a aesthetically, he looks well over done and the zombies are hopeless.
Pinhead - Cool power and effort gone into making him
Artist - Cool design and concept. She's fallen flat on her beak as she's deemed boring and not many play her
Sadako - Poor mans spirit. Outdated film, just like Hellraiser and SAW.
Here are my thoughts on the year 5 Killers:
Nemesis: Mediocre, boring and an inferior version of Demogorgon and PH
Pinhead: Cool design on theory, but weak in practice
Artist: Love her design, it's sad that she's the only good Killer of year 5
Sadako: Fun, not bad, but could use a few buffs
My opinion on Nemesis has been permanetly soured by the Resident Evil chapter's resounding failure.
Pinhead is extremely weak and the NFT debacle soured my opinion of him and of BHVR.
Artist is perhaps the most boring Killer that BHVR has ever shown us.
Sadako is inspired, but extremely weak.
I literally just started playing in November, but I can give my opinions on some of them. The Artist is rarely ever used after her initial release period, I find her crow gimmick easy to counter most of the time. Nemesis' whole zombie thing is really cool, but I hate playing against his whip ability. Pinhead and Sadako are very cool licensed killers that deserve to be in the game. While Pinhead is frustrating because of his chains, Sadako feels quite balanced to play as/against.
People only hate the missed opportunity with RE3 Remake. This should and could have been fantastic. It is not bad but - a missed opportunity.
Nemesis: Not one of my mains, but I still find myself playing him pretty regularly. I also enjoy facing him most of the time.
Cenobite: He literally became one of my mains, though he can be annoying to face in solo que at times, the fact that he has a secondary objective that needs frequent monitoring is also pretty nice. Shame about the license holders being into NFTs and all that, but, to me at least, it has no impact on my view of Ceno.
Artist: As a whole, I honestly feel the Portrait of a Murder chapter was a flop. Artist is powerful, and I want to like her because ravens (cousins to the crows she uses) are my favorite birds... but I just couldn't get into playing her. Cross-map snipes are fun when you can pull them off, but otherwise, just meh.
Onryo: I haven't played AS her much yet, but what I have done I enjoy. Against her is a different story, since she has the same issue that Spirit used to (and to a smaller extent still does) have on my anxiety.
Nemesis: Decently fun to play as, but I hate playing against him. The zombies are super annoying
Pinhead: The design is cool. Lots of moving parts. I think he's pretty fun. Franklin's/Hoarder box chasing is pretty annoying though
Artist: Seriously dislike the Artist. I don't like to play as her or against her.
Sadako: She's fun. I like her. She could probably stand a buff or two.
Nemesis and Pinhead 👍️
Artist and Sadako 👎️
Nemesis: He’s alright I guess. His zombies are annoying when they actually work though. But I don’t hate going against him beyond that. Then again half the time the zombies just don’t do anything which feels bad on the killer side. Overall very average in enjoyment.
Pinhead: He’s mostly fine, but forever box builds aren’t fun to go against. Chains interrupting box solve is very unintuitive but isn’t as big of a deal once you understand the pattern of how they work. He’s okay to play as. Unfortunately I can’t really enjoy him that much due to the NFTs.
Artist: I really like her, and I know I’m in the minority. She has a higher skill ceiling, is fun to play, has the tools to win, and yet isn’t unbeatable - she just forces you to think more carefully when playing against her. There is a lot of strategy around her crows and how she might use them, and how the survivor can choose to react. She was too strong on the PTB but they nerfed her trap playstyle which left her in a really good spot; that was basically the only problem with her.
Sadako: I like her design and think she’s unique, but she’s weak and could use a few more changes to make her better. If COH gets the significant nerf it deserves making hit and run viable again, then with a few tweaks to this killer she wouldn’t be that bad. I like the ideas behind her so hopefully she gets a bit more love from the devs.