Should "AFK Pig" be allowed?

It obviously is unfair for the survivor who gets stuck with the rbt on their head due to rng and the pig does nothing skillful to earn their kill except use their collision to stop people from using the box they're in front of. The survivor has no chance of getting enough gens done or altruism to get enough points to safety pip, when they did nothing wrong except be cucked by rng. I know not every pig with the iri tape addon does this but it seems really unfair that killers can guarantee kills and at the end of the game nobody gets over 10k points, not even the killer so what was the point? It would be nice if a killer stops in front of a box the box moves similar to pyramid head cages or such, or maybe the key you need transfers to another box if the killer stays too close to the box for a certain amount of time.

Comments

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853189#Comment_2853189

    If something like an AFK killer being able to kill 4 players shouldn't be addressed. The I guarantee that meta perks, map rebalanced, generator speeds and boons shouldn't be addressed either.

    Do you think the developers are going to be proactive with balance changes when they aren't even making the effort to address bugs.

    How does it kill 4 people?

    Or is it the taking it down to 3v1 before game end results in higher 4k chance being the indirect effect?

    I mean I've never encountered it but if I did after failing to remove the trap I'd probably complete as much objective as I could to help my team escape then let my head pop and laugh it off before queing again because hey, its only a game who gives a #########.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853203#Comment_2853203

    How does it kill 4 people?

    Or is it the taking it down to 3v1 before game end results in higher 4k chance being the indirect effect?

    I mean I've never encountered it but if I did after failing to remove the trap I'd probably complete as much objective as I could to help my team escape then let my head pop and laugh it off before queing again because hey, its only a game who gives a #########.

    In their fantasy land where a less than 16% chance to get all keys in the same box means it happens all the time.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    The specific AFK Pig scenario shouldn’t exist, but Pig situationally bodyblocking Jigsaw Boxes in a normal game shouldn’t be nerfed at all. If she sees someone running to a Jigsaw Box, she should be able to block them off it if she gets there first, as long as it’s not for a ridiculous amount of time.

    Eg, she sees the RBT is beeping quick, which means timer is almost up. So she beats them to what is probably the survivor’s last box and blocks it for the remaining 60s or less, so they guaranteed die. That’s completely fine. I’d just make it so if she’s in like idk, 5m radius of the Jigsaw Box for more than 60s, any keys inside it randomly move to other boxes. That way it doesn’t affect strategic bodyblocking.

    Thank you for giving a sensible answer, I actually didn't think of this and 100% agree strategic body blocking should stay as it is a strategic tactic, but just afk in front of a box for the entire first 5 minutes of a match shows no skill. I understand the mmr system has a lot of controversy with how kills = skill, I just think it would be nice to not reward obviously trashy gameplay.

  • @The_Galloping_Snake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853196#Comment_2853196

    Thank you for giving a sensible answer, I actually didn't think of this and 100% agree strategic body blocking should stay as it is a strategic tactic, but just afk in front of a box for the entire first 5 minutes of a match shows no skill. I understand the mmr system has a lot of controversy with how kills = skill, I just think it would be nice to not reward obviously trashy gameplay.

    Thing is, the gameplay isn't rewarded. There's as much of a chance of 0 keys being in the box pig is in front of as their is that all 4 will be in, most likely is a single key, which means every time pig plays that gambit, the most likely outcome is 1 dead and 3 escaped, which drops killers right down the mmr ranking. It's a gamble, not even a particularly good one at that.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853290#Comment_2853290

    You do realise only 1 survivor can ever escape through the hatch at any time, right?

    The hatch only spawns when there is 1 survivor remaining

    So, not to be rude but maybe read up how these mechanics actually work before declaring other people to be wrong

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853293#Comment_2853293

    50% + 50% = 100%

    100% of 1 person dying with no effort on the killers part.

    oh yeah...that's a thing now?

  • I see no problem with it. This is DBD after all. If bubba camping the hook is acceptable then I see no reason AFK pig shouldn’t be acceptable.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    I see no problem with it. This is DBD after all. If bubba camping the hook is acceptable then I see no reason AFK pig shouldn’t be acceptable.

    Bubba has to actually win a chase to camp the hook

    As BS as Bubba facecamping is (Which the devs have already semi-confirmed they are looking at anti facecamp measures), the killer at least has to put in a modicum of effort in catching a survivor which if the game is as survivor sided as some would have you believe then that's really challenging

    AFK pig takes no skill.

  • Yes, the add-on puts one on all four survivors at the start of the trial.

  • Ultimately this is not a competitive game, it's no different from structures randomly making extremely strong loops.

  • No it shouldn't, it should be fixed. But I highly doubt that they will fix it.

  • @Sludge said:

    It's a non issue, the killer is losing the game on purpose in an incredibly niche scenario.

    All the meta perks need to be nerfed, maps need to be rebalanced, generator speeds need to be addressed and boons need to be removed.

    Sure. 😭

  • Well, they already nerfed that "strategy" a bit by removing 50/50 (only 2 people affected by bear traps but way higher chance to kill).

    Yeah it's boring from both sides (or atleast for survivors, cause why would you do something boring and not profitable. I guess some Pig players find it "thrilling"), but with how rare it is to go against and how small the chance to die due to it actually is... eh leave it be.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853881#Comment_2853881

    Bubba has to actually win a chase to camp the hook

    As BS as Bubba facecamping is (Which the devs have already semi-confirmed they are looking at anti facecamp measures), the killer at least has to put in a modicum of effort in catching a survivor which if the game is as survivor sided as some would have you believe then that's really challenging

    AFK pig takes no skill.

    True. It requires no input/interaction. I just don’t see a problem with it though. It’s cheap and takes no skill but the same can be said for several things in this game. I wouldn’t complain if they removed it either, I’m just not fussed about it.

  • AFK Pig is pure skill, by MMR standards. Load up NOED and Rancor and you easily can get 2-3 kills. Kills=skills according to MMR. (Sarcasm, for those who can't tell.)

    Unfortunately, afk Pig gets results. I don't know if I could run it as I find it boring and lacking in any effort.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    AFK Pig is pure skill, by MMR standards. Load up NOED and Rancor and you easily can get 2-3 kills. Kills=skills according to MMR. (Sarcasm, for those who can't tell.)

    Unfortunately, afk Pig gets results. I don't know if I could run it as I find it boring and lacking in any effort.

    If pig try hard for kills that much, it's ACTUALLY skilled play.

    The point of MMR is to separate extreme tryhard and anyone else.

  • Of course it should be allowed, in terms of it not being bannable. What's next, banning Killers who interrupt searching the boxes?

    Patrolling / defending a box accomplishes the same as bodyblocking it and banning for that is obviously a terrible idea.

    If blocking the box is a problem then it needs a code solution.

  • Does it suck when you're the one killed? Sure does but I wouldn't exactly call it effective, due to the rng nature of it I've only seen people die to them like 20% of the time anyway. If they're gonna replace the addon they something equally as powerful like I don't know, maybe having the jigsaw skillchecks tremendously harder or something.

  • Never seen afk pig yet. I wish i could to test my luck...

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853189#Comment_2853189

    If something like an AFK killer being able to kill 4 players shouldn't be addressed. The I guarantee that meta perks, map rebalanced, generator speeds and boons shouldn't be addressed either.

    Do you think the developers are going to be proactive with balance changes when they aren't even making the effort to address bugs.

    The probability of killing all 4 survivors while being AFK is literally .3906%

    The expected number of trials for that to happen is 255

    Meanwhile the probability of no kills is 31.64%

    2 expected trials with a variance of only 6.

    Not exactly a reliable strategy, there are better ways to "grief" survivors. Just face camp them as bubba. stronger and more reliable

    I don't think it's very problematic

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's had multiple bug reports be set to 'acknowledged' which means a change is very likely on the way

    Not matter how "consistant" it is or isn't, there should not be a manner of playing where a survivor has a 0% chance of escaping the trial because the killer decides to not play the game

    You dont have a 0% chance of escaping the trial though. You have a 75% chance of escaping. Slightly higher actually due to the small chance you have a team who pops all the gens at once and lets you go for hatch.

  • if it results in kills then it is a skilled play remember

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853233#Comment_2853233

    You dont have a 0% chance of escaping the trial though. You have a 75% chance of escaping. Slightly higher actually due to the small chance you have a team who pops all the gens at once and lets you go for hatch.

    The addon can create scenarios in which a survivor can spawn in a trial and essentially be dead even if all the generators get done

    It doesn't matter how 'unlikely' it is for a box to hold 2 keys, it's not impossible and it is terrible design.


    Again, gonna reiterate my point - If the pig just so happens to blocks your box, you are essentially dead with no skill, thought or effort on the killers part.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853182#Comment_2853182

    Oh no, survivor players are leaving??? Thats so sad 😨😨😨, anyways.... Maybe itll improve the survivor queue times lmao.

    It's actually really sad that you're okay with people not wanting to play the game and leave / quit but hey go off.


    @Brimp said:

    So from what I'm reading... It's unfair for survivors to get cucked by RNG reverse bear traps. But is it fair to spawn in as killer and have each survivor spawn by a separate gen? Thats basically a lose for the killer because no matter who they pressure 3 gens are always gonna be worked on. And for semi smart survivors thats basically a free 3 out against 85% of the killer roster.

    Just use Corrupt Intervention. I won't deny however that survivor spawns / gen placement on maps needs to be looked at but it really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

  • No it shouldn’t but it’s gonna probably remain, in my opinion it’s the same as a camping bubba, they waste all their time camping and the other 3 escape, easy as.

  • I think a practical solution would be this:

    • Survivors spawn with EXTRA reverse bear traps
    • The key can always be found up to the third box

    That way Video Tape is still an Iridescent-tier addon and AFK Pig is gone. Though having that many RBTs may be a wee bit too much though.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853412#Comment_2853412

    It's actually really sad that you're okay with people not wanting to play the game and leave / quit but hey go off.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853502#Comment_2853502

    Just use Corrupt Intervention. I won't deny however that survivor spawns / gen placement on maps needs to be looked at but it really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

    It has something to do with it when they call it unfair. And corrupt doesn't solve that problem since survivors can spawn by non corrupted gens. Also not to mention that 90% of people just hide out corrupt nowadays.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854390#Comment_2854390

    If pig try hard for kills that much, it's ACTUALLY skilled play.

    The point of MMR is to separate extreme tryhard and anyone else.

    No. The point of MMR is to measure skill for matchmaking purposes. It is not about try-Harding. The problem is the measurement is wrong. Kills and escapes are not a measure of skill by any means. As has been shown, you can afk and get 3 to 4k, but actually trying to pressure gens, and out maneuver a group to get the same results requires skill.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    AFK Pig is pure skill, by MMR standards. Load up NOED and Rancor and you easily can get 2-3 kills. Kills=skills according to MMR. (Sarcasm, for those who can't tell.)

    Unfortunately, afk Pig gets results. I don't know if I could run it as I find it boring and lacking in any effort.

    You're forgettingthe yellow mori :)

  • @drsoontm said:

    Yes. Anything the killer wants to try is his prerogative.

    Any other question?

    dont use big words, i have smol brain

  • You should just be able to interact with the box from multiple angles. Similar was done to hooks long long ago.

    This may require changing the look of the boxes and possibly their placement, though.

  • According to Patrick the Dev and Dowsey, getting kills is skilled (sorry BHVR, no hat towards Patrick, I just laughed at this whole Dowsey thing)


    No but in all honesty, yes it is allowed and a viable strategy, much like camping and tunneling, albeit scummy ones, it is allowed.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    That addon doesn't fit what the game is... But it does fit what the movies show

    So Killswitching that addon should be done until the Devs can come up with a solution to it

    I do like the idea of sabotaging a Pig box... but Sabotage got it's change due to Trapper Traps being able to get sabo'd

    I don't even use that addon... cause it goes against how I play

    I would use that add-on because it gives me an extra few seconds about finding survivors, not because of a scum tactics

  • @Kira15233 said:

    According to Patrick the Dev and Dowsey, getting kills is skilled (sorry BHVR, no hat towards Patrick, I just laughed at this whole Dowsey thing)

    No but in all honesty, yes it is allowed and a viable strategy, much like camping and tunneling, albeit scummy ones, it is allowed.

    Scummy? It's trolling and basically throwing the game.

    ...

    Maybe I should make some statistics about this. I'm pretty sure most of the game will be lost.

  • It shouldn't be bannable, but yeah patch it out. We might have to wait for a full-on rework for her though, which will be well worth the wait.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854394#Comment_2854394

    No. The point of MMR is to measure skill for matchmaking purposes. It is not about try-Harding. The problem is the measurement is wrong. Kills and escapes are not a measure of skill by any means. As has been shown, you can afk and get 3 to 4k, but actually trying to pressure gens, and out maneuver a group to get the same results requires skill.

    It is ALL about try-harding, people who take more kills are always people who try hard, it doesn't measure how "good" people are, it measure how desperate they are at achieving kills/escapes.

    The point of SBMM is separating people who playing game casually/normally, to people who desperate enough to bring anything possible to achieve their goal.

    You are missing the entire point of system.

    Oh and you won't get 3 or 4k every match, if you were to actually afk you will get to bottom of MMR because probability of kills are actually really low.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855330#Comment_2855330

    It is ALL about try-harding, people who take more kills are always people who try hard, it doesn't measure how "good" people are, it measure how desperate they are at achieving kills/escapes.

    The point of SBMM is separating people who playing game casually/normally, to people who desperate enough to bring anything possible to achieve their goal.

    You are missing the entire point of system.

    Oh and you won't get 3 or 4k every match, if you were to actually afk you will get to bottom of MMR because probability of kills are actually really low.

    There is a perverse problem in there. I don't "try-hard", by your definition. I don't like to kill beginners. I tend to play very nice against them. (I'm however a perfect bastard against the good ones.)

    I'd only hook them twice, slug giving ample time for rescue, let them do gens and only kill half of them in the end (because there still need to be some danger else what's the point). However the MMR forces me to kill 3 relatively fast and give the last one hatch (because the hatch discards MMR updates). If I don't do it I keep getting beginners and that's no fun. I'm not a babysitter.

  • Boxes should have similar logic to Pyramid Head cages, combined with some of the rules for camping.

    If you are within a handful of meters of a Jigsaw box, and no other survivor is nearby, then that jigsaw box should swap its "unsearched" status with an already searched box.

    As a Pig player, this would only really have an effect on players using the video tape to bodyblock a box from the start of the match, and shouldn't realistically have any effect on the killer outside of that.

    Obviously boxes would not swap around just because another survivor being chased led you to someone's last box to move it somewhere more convenient.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855330#Comment_2855330

    It is ALL about try-harding, people who take more kills are always people who try hard, it doesn't measure how "good" people are, it measure how desperate they are at achieving kills/escapes.

    The point of SBMM is separating people who playing game casually/normally, to people who desperate enough to bring anything possible to achieve their goal.

    You are missing the entire point of system.

    Oh and you won't get 3 or 4k every match, if you were to actually afk you will get to bottom of MMR because probability of kills are actually really low.

    You underestimate the ridiculousness of afk pig or other lazy/boring play styles. You say try hard and it does not fit. Why? AFK pig can easily average 2 to 3 kills a match. Camping can average 3 easily. It's all about the builds and altruistic players. Both styles require little "trying".

    MMR does not measure try hard vs casual. It measures nothing at all. Many try hard players purposely tank MMR so they can roll over easier players.

    The system is completely broken.

  • @fulltonon said:

    It's funny to have something stupid like that in party game like this.

    As long as it's not popular, it's fine.

    FC bubba is much more efficient anyway.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853203#Comment_2853203

    "AFK" isn't even correct anyway, they are just camping the box while pretending to be AFK.

    I want a direct citation and source from the developers in which this game has ever been declared a "party game".

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855919#Comment_2855919

    You underestimate the ridiculousness of afk pig or other lazy/boring play styles. You say try hard and it does not fit. Why? AFK pig can easily average 2 to 3 kills a match. Camping can average 3 easily. It's all about the builds and altruistic players. Both styles require little "trying".

    MMR does not measure try hard vs casual. It measures nothing at all. Many try hard players purposely tank MMR so they can roll over easier players.

    The system is completely broken.

    You can only get multiple kills with the afk pig if there are multiple keys in the one box you are afk in front of, which there is no way for pig to check. Also just statistically, you'd be lucky to keep a 1k average, and there would be plenty of games where you didn't even get that.

    Playing afk pig is the DbD equivalent to placing a single number bet in roulette every spin. Sure if it actually hits 22, you will make a lot, but it's far, far more likely that it'll stop on any other number.

  • Why does everyone always try to get Pig nerfed?

    As an AFK Pig main, I’m frankly disgruntled with everyone losing their heads over it, and I will not sit idly by as you squeal on the forums, trying to nerf her only viable playsty.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853292#Comment_2853292

    I would use that add-on because it gives me an extra few seconds about finding survivors, not because of a scum tactics

    Fair enough... but in any case the bad outweighs the good

    Sorry to say it

  • I think this strategy should be addressed because its involves "not playing" the game while giving a chance of getting all 4 opponents an outcome that is left to chance, it objectively takes no skill, the sad part is the game already discourage players from doing this.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856023#Comment_2856023

    You can only get multiple kills with the afk pig if there are multiple keys in the one box you are afk in front of, which there is no way for pig to check. Also just statistically, you'd be lucky to keep a 1k average, and there would be plenty of games where you didn't even get that.

    Playing afk pig is the DbD equivalent to placing a single number bet in roulette every spin. Sure if it actually hits 22, you will make a lot, but it's far, far more likely that it'll stop on any other number.

    That's not true at all. Run NOED, Blood Warden and easily get 2 more. Seen it happen more than not.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856168#Comment_2856168

    That's not true at all. Run NOED, Blood Warden and easily get 2 more. Seen it happen more than not.

    And how exactly does a killer get any kills with noed while being afk? Or has the definition of afk changed from "Away From Keyboard" to something else when I wasn't looking?

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855919#Comment_2855919

    There is a perverse problem in there. I don't "try-hard", by your definition. I don't like to kill beginners. I tend to play very nice against them. (I'm however a perfect bastard against the good ones.)

    I'd only hook them twice, slug giving ample time for rescue, let them do gens and only kill half of them in the end (because there still need to be some danger else what's the point). However the MMR forces me to kill 3 relatively fast and give the last one hatch (because the hatch discards MMR updates). If I don't do it I keep getting beginners and that's no fun. I'm not a babysitter.

    You are intentionally doing deranking for some reason, and also even 1k can actually raise your rank up depends on situation.

    Also, finishing a match "fast" is detrimental for MMR afaik, you need to play longer to trick MMR system to think "it was a fair match".

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856672#Comment_2856672

    And how exactly does a killer get any kills with noed while being afk? Or has the definition of afk changed from "Away From Keyboard" to something else when I wasn't looking?

    You do realize the AFK pig means you just sit there UNTIL a head pops, then you clean up the others. If you walk away from keyboard, sure, ok. But most just sit until a head pops or all hats are off.

  • The RNG nature of the trap key is honestly hamstringing pig. It's trash for Pig if their first box clears them, it's trash for survivors if they only get to take it off on their last box. It creates a swing in balance that's entirely outside player control and skill, making the entire trial a dumpster-fire.

    Pig's RBTs should be a number of boxes, as opposed to one randomly chosen one. Just go with 2 < X < N-1, with N being the number of boxes.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856908#Comment_2856908

    You do realize the AFK pig means you just sit there UNTIL a head pops, then you clean up the others. If you walk away from keyboard, sure, ok. But most just sit until a head pops or all hats are off.

    In that case, they Aren't afk. They're guarding a box, which should be allowed. It's not the best strat for pig, but not even a little bit against any of the rules in place.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855984#Comment_2855984

    You are intentionally doing deranking for some reason, and also even 1k can actually raise your rank up depends on situation.

    Also, finishing a match "fast" is detrimental for MMR afaik, you need to play longer to trick MMR system to think "it was a fair match".

    I think you are confusing mmr for emblems.

    From what BHVR has said, mmr for survivors is fully based on If you escaped. And mmr for killers is fully based on kills. There is no time requirement, and getting 1k can't increase your mmr rating because 3 got away.

    Now, it is possible to rank up (pip) while losing mmr rating, which causes a lot of this confusion.

1 2 3