Has anyone figured out how to get the wrathful well charm yet?

The new Sadako charm was released today and getting it is really confusing, do you need to own Sadako or the entire DLC and for how long? Some people who own Sadako and the DLC don't have it yet.

image.png


Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    Just log in game and watch the video introduction after the press to continue screen.

    The video isn't showing up for some people. It's weird.

  • I was in the hospital the day of release, but when I got out on the 10th, I got the DLC. Been playing every day since and still no well charm. ☹️

  • right now im wondering if its petty to ask Mandy for more info on this XP

  • @DarkJokerOfAmuro said:

    right now im wondering if its petty to ask Mandy for more info on this XP

    I've tried pretty much everything that I've heard about. It's been 7 days since I bought Yoichi, I AFK'd on the start screen, I restarted my game like 10 times, I watched the opening cutscene all the way through, I got adept Yoichi, I escaped with a tape, everything and still no charm or alternate video.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853346#Comment_2853346

    I've tried pretty much everything that I've heard about. It's been 7 days since I bought Yoichi, I AFK'd on the start screen, I restarted my game like 10 times, I watched the opening cutscene all the way through, I got adept Yoichi, I escaped with a tape, everything and still no charm or alternate video.

    same did all of that, including Adept Onryo/Sadako and still got nothing XP

  • I got it this morning after the Cursed Tape appeared on my TV screen. I was pretty transfixed, it's more eerie than I remember it being...

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853346#Comment_2853346

    I've tried pretty much everything that I've heard about. It's been 7 days since I bought Yoichi, I AFK'd on the start screen, I restarted my game like 10 times, I watched the opening cutscene all the way through, I got adept Yoichi, I escaped with a tape, everything and still no charm or alternate video.

    how you get the tape charm I mean I may have it

  • the tape charm u by either buying the whole chapter from Steam/ Console store, or from the chapter code giveaways.... The Well charm is different

  • @DarkJokerOfAmuro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853734#Comment_2853734

    the tape charm u by either buying the whole chapter from Steam/ Console store, or from the chapter code giveaways.... The Well charm is different

    then I must have it

  • I got it today randomly.

  • Been awhile since I posted here because I misplaced my password and just made a new account and everything because of the confusion on how to obtain this charm. I bought the full chapter day one on PSN store and can not get the scene to trigger for nothing. I logged in everyday besides Saturday and maybe Sunday too so maybe you have to log in 7 days straight to get charm..... I have every single charm besides the exclusive ones like the fog whispers program so it would be annoying to not get this one so can the devs chime in on how to obtain it or if it's bugged for some folks please

  • I have a theory as to how you get it. In the Ring films the idea of how you survive Sadako/Samara's curse is by making a copy of the video and showing it to someone else, right? What if the only way you get this charm is by playing with someone who has the charm? Not sure if they have to be wearing it or just own it, but if you do play with someone who has it it unlocks for you when you next open the game. The person you played with passed the "curse" to you.

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    I have a theory as to how you get it. In the Ring films the idea of how you survive Sadako/Samara's curse is by making a copy of the video and showing it to someone else, right? What if the only way you get this charm is by playing with someone who has the charm? Not sure if they have to be wearing it or just own it, but if you do play with someone who has it it unlocks for you when you next open the game. The person you played with passed the "curse" to you.

    u know..... its so convoluted that i actually might be willing to believe it

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    I have a theory as to how you get it. In the Ring films the idea of how you survive Sadako/Samara's curse is by making a copy of the video and showing it to someone else, right? What if the only way you get this charm is by playing with someone who has the charm? Not sure if they have to be wearing it or just own it, but if you do play with someone who has it it unlocks for you when you next open the game. The person you played with passed the "curse" to you.

    Hearthstone did that with a card back, it's a cool idea:

    "The experiment was simple: Developers created a card back, the Mark of Hakkar, that was infectious. If a player had the card back equipped, anyone they played would also get the art, and would equip it. Unless they changed backs, they would then infect every new player they faced off against, and so on.The infection took hold: After launching Feb. 5, the card back took less than 24 hours to spread to nearly every player-versus-player gamer in the Hearthstone universe, surprising even its creators."

  • I bought the new chapter at 11pmish on the 8th AZ time and I still haven't gotten the video or charm when logging on. :-(

  • @DarkJokerOfAmuro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852145#Comment_2852145

    I have a question for you then ever since release in regular games have you ever use the inexorable stare mini mori at all??? Or the regular mori?

    Yes I have multiple times, that being said I think it needs a buff.

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    I have a theory as to how you get it. In the Ring films the idea of how you survive Sadako/Samara's curse is by making a copy of the video and showing it to someone else, right? What if the only way you get this charm is by playing with someone who has the charm? Not sure if they have to be wearing it or just own it, but if you do play with someone who has it it unlocks for you when you next open the game. The person you played with passed the "curse" to you.

    I have played with other people who had it equipped and I never got it.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853969#Comment_2853969

    I have played with other people who had it equipped and I never got it.

    Same here too, man. This charm is an annoyance. BHVR really need to address this because many have been locked out from getting charm

  • @Clinton said:

    Been awhile since I posted here because I misplaced my password and just made a new account and everything because of the confusion on how to obtain this charm. I bought the full chapter day one on PSN store and can not get the scene to trigger for nothing. I logged in everyday besides Saturday and maybe Sunday too so maybe you have to log in 7 days straight to get charm..... I have every single charm besides the exclusive ones like the fog whispers program so it would be annoying to not get this one so can the devs chime in on how to obtain it or if it's bugged for some folks please

    I don't think so because I play everyday and I got the DLC on the first day still no charm.

  • 7 days from the time you bought the DLC.

    If you didn't receive it then - bug

    If you received it before that - bug

  • @Kurri said:

    7 days from the time you bought the DLC.

    If you didn't receive it then - bug

    If you received it before that - bug

    I guess I'm screwed since BHVR is silent on this issue..

  • So can anyone confirm only the ones that bought the dlc can get it?

  • @Adaez said:

    So can anyone confirm only the ones that bought the dlc can get it?

    There's been a few who said they got it and haven't bought the dlc

  • @AndronikJack said:

    This charm pulled my account out of retirement. We need to know how to get this charm. If it was a one day secret log-in event I'll be upset that I missed it through sheer coincidence. I've played most the other days, and gotten almost all the achievements (Still need the heal one)

    ---Ideas for how to unlock it?---

    -Its time locked: You need to perform an action then wait 7 days

    -Repeating an action 7 times

    ---As Survivor---

    -Watch the TV in a match with Sadako, the secret intro is what is shown on screen, though its fuzzy

    -Left a match holding a VHS. Or while Condemned / Condemned & Holding tape

    -Turning off/on multiple TVs in a match

    -Healing / Being healed while condemned

    -Get Condemned Mori'd

    Also the description for the VHS tape mentions

    • "Can be inserted into another TV to spread The Onryō's message"

    ---As Killer---

    -Onryo has 3 possible addons:

    brown "Videotape Copy", purple "VHS Player", green "Ring Drawing"

    • Ring Drawing: "Condemned Survivors spread their Condemnation to other Survivors, who complete a Healing action on them."

    I'm hoping this is like the secret 'Vic Viper' charm, where its in the game you just need to unlock it. Seriously, if this was a secret 1 day event this will upset all of their completion players.

    I still do not have this charm, and I was trying all sorts of esoteric actions to try and unlock it. If anyone has any ideas, please update. We need to solve this!!

    It wasn't a 1 day thing because I played the whole day it was released and never got it.

  • Wow this was pretty cool, I wasnt expecting this when I booted up my xbox this morning.

  • I'm still waiting on Series X for my charm. It's been 7 days.. 😞

  • Basically get lucky when starting up the game didn't get it restart and try again

    flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg


  • I think you need open the game for 7 days (I don't know if it's consecutive though, but I believe it is).

  • @AndronikJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855235#Comment_2855235

    Do you have the charm? And can you confirm that you got it by restarting your game over and over again?

    I Have it and I have got it by restarting my game twice today

  • @AndronikJack said:

    This charm pulled my account out of retirement. We need to know how to get this charm. If it was a one day secret log-in event I'll be upset that I missed it through sheer coincidence. I've played most the other days, and gotten almost all the achievements (Still need the heal one)

    ---Ideas for how to unlock it?---

    -Its time locked: You need to perform an action then wait 7 days

    -Repeating an action 7 times

    ---As Survivor---

    -Watch the TV in a match with Sadako, the secret intro is what is shown on screen, though its fuzzy

    -Left a match holding a VHS. Or while Condemned / Condemned & Holding tape

    -Turning off/on multiple TVs in a match

    -Healing / Being healed while condemned

    -Get Condemned Mori'd

    Also the description for the VHS tape mentions

    • "Can be inserted into another TV to spread The Onryō's message"

    ---As Killer---

    -Onryo has 3 possible addons:

    brown "Videotape Copy", purple "VHS Player", green "Ring Drawing"

    • Ring Drawing: "Condemned Survivors spread their Condemnation to other Survivors, who complete a Healing action on them."

    I'm hoping this is like the secret 'Vic Viper' charm, where its in the game you just need to unlock it. Seriously, if this was a secret 1 day event this will upset all of their completion players.

    I still do not have this charm, and I was trying all sorts of esoteric actions to try and unlock it. If anyone has any ideas, please update. We need to solve this!!

    I got it 7 days after buying the DLC.

    -Its time locked: You need to perform an action then wait 7 days

    -Repeating an action 7 times

    -Watch the TV in a match with Sadako, the secret intro is what is shown on screen, though its fuzzy

    I may have done this.

    -Left a match holding a VHS. Or while Condemned / Condemned & Holding tape

    I have not done this.

    -Turning off/on multiple TVs in a match

    I may have done this.

    -Healing / Being healed while condemned

    I have done this.

    -Get Condemned Mori'd

    I have done this.

    ---As Killer---

    -Onryo has 3 possible addons:

    brown "Videotape Copy", purple "VHS Player", green "Ring Drawing"

    I have not used any of the Onryo's add-ons yet, but I have played her and got her Adept.

    I hope this helps.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854932#Comment_2854932

    I got it 7 days after buying the DLC.

    -Its time locked: You need to perform an action then wait 7 days

    -Repeating an action 7 times

    -Watch the TV in a match with Sadako, the secret intro is what is shown on screen, though its fuzzy

    I may have done this.

    -Left a match holding a VHS. Or while Condemned / Condemned & Holding tape

    I have not done this.

    -Turning off/on multiple TVs in a match

    I may have done this.

    -Healing / Being healed while condemned

    I have done this.

    -Get Condemned Mori'd

    I have done this.

    ---As Killer---

    -Onryo has 3 possible addons:

    brown "Videotape Copy", purple "VHS Player", green "Ring Drawing"

    I have not used any of the Onryo's add-ons yet, but I have played her and got her Adept.

    I hope this helps.

    dude its not time locked, there are ppl who still havent boought the dlc and they still got it

  • @DarkJokerOfAmuro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855249#Comment_2855249

    dude its not time locked, there are ppl who still havent boought the dlc and they still got it

    I never said it was. I just posted my experience responding to AndronikJack's theories, the information helps figure out exactly how one gets the charm (whilst trying to figure out what is a bug) through the process of elimination.

    Catch up, you're not on the right page.

  • Play the game for 7 days in a row. I just got it.

  • @Araphex said:

    Play the game for 7 days in a row. I just got it.

    So if you just got it today then that means that there was a day or two that you didn't play especially after the DLC release is that correct?

  • @DarkJokerOfAmuro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855402#Comment_2855402

    So if you just got it today then that means that there was a day or two that you didn't play especially after the DLC release is that correct?

    I have played at least one game since last Thursday. Might be that you have to log in. I missed release date because I was in the hospital so Thursday was my first day.

  • I confirmed it today.

    Once you unlock a character, you'll get the special intro 7 days after. You don't even have to watch the intro, if you skip it you 'll still get the charm

    i bought Sadako on the 10th, and today 17th i logged in and got the new intro and the charm

  • @beatddb said:

    I confirmed it today.

    Once you unlock a character, you'll get the special intro 7 days after. You don't even have to watch the intro, if you skip it you 'll still get the charm

    i bought Sadako on the 10th, and today 17th i logged in and got the new intro and the charm

    I purchased Sadako on the 8th when she was released, right from the PSN store. Still have not gotten the charm, thats why a lot of people think this is bugged

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855466#Comment_2855466

    I purchased Sadako on the 8th when she was released, right from the PSN store. Still have not gotten the charm, thats why a lot of people think this is bugged

    Still hasn't happened for me and I bought chapter day one. Wish BHVR would post requirements on how to get it or say if it's bugged or not. This charm is driving people crazy

  • I also purchased the chapter on release date, I play on PlayStation. I have played as both Sadako and Yoichi, I have escaped with the tape, I have both adepts, the only thing I didn’t do is play every day but I have logged in every day. So I am stumped and it is driving me crazy. Ha!

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855466#Comment_2855466

    I purchased Sadako on the 8th when she was released, right from the PSN store. Still have not gotten the charm, thats why a lot of people think this is bugged

    same got it day 1 played everyday still no charm.

  • I did check the wiki and all it says is that the cursed video plays randomly. Hopefully this mea s that we'll always be able to read it cause it would be pretty stupid to leave something like this up to chance for Ring fans. Of course, this is also BHVR so it wouldn't surprise me.

  • Edit: Glitched: Mar 22, 2022

    Thanks everyone for the information on this. We are aware of an issue in which some players have not received the Sadako Well Charm and it's something that we are looking into. Thank you for your continued patience whilst we resolve this issue.

  • I hope we hear something this getting absurd.

  • @HexBeingNice said:

    Sure wish there was some sort of consensus on this.

    I still don't have it either, bought the new chapter on the 8th, nothing so far for me.

    glad I’m not the only one, I’ve restarted my games like 60 times

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851984#Comment_2851984

    glad I’m not the only one, I’ve restarted my games like 60 times

    Same maybe more, during the around the campfire live steam deathbygiggles talked about the charm. This was around the 18 minute mark. From what I understand, the cursed tape should appear after 7 days from chapter release. Unless I misunderstood. So maybe it is bugged for some people?

  • @Kev19915 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856031#Comment_2856031

    Same maybe more, during the around the campfire live steam deathbygiggles talked about the charm. This was around the 18 minute mark. From what I understand, the cursed tape should appear after 7 days from chapter release. Unless I misunderstood. So maybe it is bugged for some people?

    If that's the case BHVR must not know the requirements because it would have unlocked for most people on Tuesday. I'm feeling like it's a bug and we may get left out.. Nobody from BHVR can give any sort of info on this? I guess at this point I need to send in a ticket and see what happens since we can't get an answer here

  • @Clinton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856165#Comment_2856165

    If that's the case BHVR must not know the requirements because it would have unlocked for most people on Tuesday. I'm feeling like it's a bug and we may get left out.. Nobody from BHVR can give any sort of info on this? I guess at this point I need to send in a ticket and see what happens since we can't get an answer here

    Yeah I sent out a ticket already. Hopefully we hear something.

  • I just got it after first time I launched the game after patch I got different intro tho

1 2 3 4 … 7