Badham Killswitch?
Ok theres no possible way the doors being removed from the school was intentional. Like no way right? So Badham will be promptly killswitched right?
Ok theres no possible way the doors being removed from the school was intentional. Like no way right? So Badham will be promptly killswitched right?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Nope it has been confirmed a bug in the bug reporting section the post went from unseen to acknowledged usually meaning it's a confirmed bug. Most likely it's something with the spawning RNG I know someone posted an image of father's campbell with a Tree literally blocking Shack door so possible we'll see two kill switch maps.
pretty sure dead dawg got disabled once because one of the breakable walls near the "room of death" was accidentaly removed creating an infinite
Wasn´t it because a totum can´t be cleansed?
P.S. two Badham offerings in 1 match.
It was both. It was disabled because of the infinite, fixed, and almost immediately disabled again when the totem was discovered.
If that happened to me as killer, the survivors would not have a good game.
As survivor, I'd probably remove myself from the match ASAP.
Obviously it's a personal choice, but I tend to not entertain people taking advantage of the situation.
Everyone died and i regretted setting up my boon.
Would've ended the game faster
Reason was uncleansable totem, not breakable wall.
How... How do these things even happen... the map's files had no reason to be touched they had both been rework already...
I mean there's a system that randomly generates map tiles its quite easy for that to get messed up with new assets added to the game such as TV's possibly exactly what is conflicting.
Wake Up! wasn't changed as far as we know and yet it suddenly got a new gamebreaking bug lol
I so agree. Often in solo q I play the sacrificial ward, to prevent any match offerings on either side.
Embrace the randomness!
i had a tree spawn in a house on badham so it doesn't surprise me
The pattern of bugs returning after being dormant for years is rather concerning.
The bug that resets all your progress recently came back too after being "fixed" for a year or two.
Ah yes, returning bugs. Because this is absolutely the bug that increases action speed by 15%. Definitely the exact same bug. This is a bug which has happened before, totally isn't brand new.
This is true.
Apologies, I haven't slept in a while and my brain isn't quite on it would seem.
I did, curiously, have my game crash on Badham when a Survivor touched a Gate Switch, I think.
Not cleansed, snuffed out. It never happened that a Map got killswitched because of uncleansable Totems, but several Maps got killswitched for Totems which cannot be snuffed out (so the Killer had no way of getting rid of a Boon-Totem). This happened shortly after the Boons have been introduced.
Unsurprisingly, BHVR has done the same for both sides in the past.
Well, I stand corrected. I honestly completely missed that one, I did not even know that there was an uncleansable Totem on Dead Dawg, I only know of those at Coldwind Farm.
Saw someone say it was because they nerfed artist. She can't bird the doors any more and shooting them at the doors hits an invisible barrier. I have not confirmed this.
No worries.
In the interest of complete honesty, I didn't know until I Googled it 😅
I mean I know coding can be annoying from experience where random ######### breaks somewhere else for no reason but like how does it happen so often in DBD or how does it consistently make it through to patches.
yes but Badham main is a fixed spawn except pallets and why would adding TVs then remove breakable walls of all things. I would genuinely like to see the code that leads to TVs removing walls but only on badham main.
I mean it could happen if each variation has their own spawning rules which most likely do as they are variations of the original map. Example possible the 5's spawning rules are conflicting because of the TV assets while the others aren't because that conflict may only exist on the preschool variation 5.
They literally did disable Dead Dawg over the missing breakable wall.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001Now will they be consistent and disabled Badham? Who knows. Coldwind had an unbreakable totem many times and wasn't disabled everytime it happened, whereas Dead Dawg Saloon got disabled over it the first time it happened. It's random what the devs decide is a big enough problem to killswitch that there's really no way to know.
Then how did they manage to not have a single Badham generation intact. I haven't gotten all 5 badhams yet but every time Ive gotten badham its missing the doors.
Because it's an issue with the school tile which is reused on each variation.
I mean it can go both ways possible the confliction exists on all variations it can happen both ways either way it's likely it's an asset clash because each map as a set number of assets it can spawn possible due to the TV's it's causing the walls not to spawn we could go on for ages but I'd assume Behavior is working to fix it with their map designers.
Yes I would say on tuesday we will get a hotfix and patch it but I do wonder how these things slip through so often. Did nobody in QA play a single match of Badham?
Imma keep it a stack I don't think they actually test the builds before going live.
I don't play the PTB so I can't answer but was this an issue there? I know the Devs have said that we are always playing a build weeks out of date and that just makes 0 sense to me. They should update the PTB way more often and use it for TESTING. Right now it feels like a preview of the chapter to generate hype.