Lets talk about loops guys
Lemme start of with saying I love mindgames, I promote it and I think mindgaming from both sides is one of the most fun aspects of dbd.
I realized that in the past few patches some loops got changed without any mentionings in the patch notes (at least I didnt saw any, if you have some notes feel free to post them). For example at Autoheaven the random junk loops, there is this one that has on both sides junk piles which are pretty low, one of them had a L shape and now the L shape got changed to a straight I shape. The problem with that is non anti loop Killers have now a way wider loop to run.
We also have for example on Autoheaven a tree/stone loop that was with 1 side a big rock that was tall which promoted mind games and a lower longer loop side which was made out of 2 smaller rocks between 2 trees, it was also pretty much a I shape. Now the rocks are higher which means you dont really see each other much and its now round and not a long shape anymore, its a big round loop.
Same goes to Mac Millain, random big rock loops with trees, some of them used to be also striaght or a I shape but all got changed to more round shape based loops.
To keep it short, I think it is good to some extend, Blight cannot hug tech anymore there for example. However Killlers that benefited from I or straight loops shape like Nemesis, Demo, Doctor, Artist, Oni etc are also getting heavily crippled from loops like this now. I realized this cuz i played alot of Demo again in the past few days.
I mean is it really worth trying to get rid of 1 exploit of a Killer to ######### over all over Killers?
Okey maybe they didnt do it JUST for Blight but then, why then? Those loops became from medium loops to pretty save loops now, why does BHVR loves to keep changing actually fine loops to more save and easier loop tiles which also deny mindgames? Most of these loops deny your mindgames aswell since its easier to loop around a round based shape then a straight or I shape loop.
You can also see that on the Coldwind rework, we got there 3 new loops, the 1 heyball loop which is arguably one of the best loops in the game now, its insanely save and has such weird angles that most killers cannot use their powers there, also they are pretty low which denys any mindgames. Also those very long wide box loops which are AGAIN open without any mindgame, those heyball/corn cart loops again... VERY LONG AND OPEN no mindgame.
I feel like BHVR is getting rid of Mindgames and also unsave tiles which gets kinda boring since it just promotes boring W chases until you finally get close enough, I like that you had a mix of unsave and save loops :/
Comments
"Too keep it short..."
yes
We can talk about it soon™
Where does this sarcasm come from? Did I wrote something that controversal?
Nah its just I take BHVR as serious as I do as an antique inside an air tight plastic bag. Nothing makes sense with them and can never be transparent.
I do get where you are coming from but they did indeed also good changes. You cannot say the hatch, key, ds, insta heals changes wherent good?
I just see it as mostly trying to keep their killer players. They announced a key and insta heal nerf a month before and so killers had to suffer for 1 month straight of constant insta heals. Og ds would have been meh if the game was anywhere near balanced. The only thing I really give BHVR credit for is managing to acquire so many iconic licenses. Other than that all the issues they fixed could have been done by someone you could find on fiver for $5 in a fraction of the amount of time they take.
Agree they are slow asf, I wonder what they are doing in their offices except "Collecting data".
90% of loops that survivors claim are unsafe are actually pretty safe. They just make mistakes, which is really the only way you win as killer.
Ye true, idk though what BHVR has against mindgames, I would say they are a kinda 50/50 if survivors dont use stretch res obviously. It is boring to have the regular hold w loops where you hope for a survivor to make a mistake, it doesnt feel rewarding at all if you are in the mercy of other ppls mistake. Ofc some killers can lead survivors into mistakes with zoning and all but I would also like to outplay survivors by my regular m1 gameplay.
Since this was something people hated because it would make loops harder and it removed 360's, I think we should bring back the turning animations they had when they could turn on their heel.
BHVR have never understood map design tbh and seemingly just do whatever. Why else would they add insane loop chains and a god window to chapel which was widely considered a balanced map?
More then that the Devs don't hand design maps... It's all done by an algorithm and the Devs haven't figured out how to make the algorithm work yet
Yeah idk what is going on in their tile/map design department. There are too many safe tiles.
Personally i think the issue here might be the gap in skill between high mmr survivors and everyone else. Most players are casual so they don't have the skill to utilize safe tiles in the same way high mmr players do. So bhvr sees this and wants to help the casual players by making safer tiles for them.
Consequently this leads to more camping/tunnels at higher mmr from killers b/c the tiles are too strong.
This is pretty much it. Play killer enough at peak hours when matchmaking loses its mind and you'll find yourself successfully mindgaming shack pallet. There's not a single tile in the game that is safe below a certain MMR, and that's if they even know to run to it. The maps are huge because a lot of low MMR survivors simply run with no destination.
The flip side of this is making tiles less safe. But then really high MMR killers will win every exchange in an asymmetrical scenario. It's a tough balance to strike. Too safe and the most skilled survivors have a clear advantage unless you're on a high tier killer. Less safe and your most skilled killers start to dominate coupled with a likely increase in stealth.
Right, the balance is hard to find. Especially with a few of the newer killers having stronger anti-loop powers. imo they'll need to focus on a mix of safe tiles and mind game tiles. The trick will be how many of each on the map and making sure the maps don't spawn back-to-back safe tiles like they do now.
Not only back to back safe tiles, but they don't pay close enough attention to tile orientation. Window positioning can turn one jungle gym into two jungle gyms if the nearest filler tile is close enough.
When a long wall window faces a rock filler, it's a rock filler+window+safe pallet for a very highly skilled survivor. And no matter what path the killer takes, they make a safe pallet on either side of the window. The short side of the rock tile needs to face the window or the window needs to flip to the other side in that example.
It's a sneaky power creep issue on maps. Once you get into multi-thousand hour skilled survivors, tiles start to chain together instead of being individual tiles and the issues compound themselves.
Loops are a joke and way way too powerful. Every map has pallets and windows mere metres away from each other.
Its so easy for even a low skull survivor to loop the killer for a few gens. Rinse repeat. Nothing the killer can do
I would say there is a easy way to deal with it. If you didnt know the way the map spawns work is like that. A map is seperated in "chunks" which are rougly 20x20 meter boxes, in each chunk there is 1 tile or random stuff in it like lets say trees, maybe a hill, 1 loop or even 1 big tile like a jungle gym or lets say a fun bus from auto heaven.
Thats why it is rather "easy" to make maps in dbd. So how do we seperate now high mmr players with casual players? Implement an unranked mode and create specific "stronger" tiles only for that unranked mode for casual players. And the weaker tiles with more restrictions like (no back to back spawns) are only featured in a ranked mode.
You can disable the unranked mode for ppl who reached a certain devotion level like lets say if you are devotion level 2 you are no longer able to play unranked mode. Also you can put in extra rewards in ranked mode to give ppl more reasons to play there instead of the unranked mode with extra bloodpoints, maybe a "weekly" system where you if you reached a specific amount of kills or escapes you get some shards as bonus and also more seasonal rewards like charms or even entire outfits specific for that 1 season.
They were good except for the fact, they ghost nerfed Mori's it just showed up in an update, But keys took an extra year, and they announced it was coming so people used them.
Agree that announcements are stupid, especially since they are like a entire month earlier.
To be fair, introducing those things were a mistake, correction for mistake is surely good but...
Which reminds me, Sally should be back in exactly 6 hours and 10 minutes.
I can't wait to see that fine gal again.
I hope it doesn't make me look like a simp 😅.
It's ok to simp for the queen 👑
The way you explain map spawns makes sense. However bhvr won't create a different mode of play. I'm pretty sure they've said as much. I still believe the best way to go is to make balance changes to maps. High mmr won't be impacted b/c the best survivors/killers know how to handle every tile to it's best. Sometimes as killer it just means to leave it lol.
Ye however it was the same with colorblind mode, they devs used to say (It gives an unfair advantage to other ppl so they dont have plans to implement it) after it got enough attention we got it, the same here. I believe if more ppl see it that way that a ranked und unranked mode would help alot they may do it for real. I really believe this would be a really healthy decision for the game.