what fun do you killers get from camping for no reason?
i will not have done anything to deserve it like teabaggin or flashlight clicking but you still camp me when im the first one found and 5 gens are still needing to be done. i want to have fun and get bloodpoints but neither of us get alot if you sit thier and camp me on no gens done. this causes you to get gen rushed and everyone else escapes because you decided camping was a great idea so please explain why you sit thier right next to me and ignoring other people except you pull them off and drop them
Comments
Camping isnt fun.
Usually killers camp if they cant have fun in the game or if they want to make survivors suffer.
Really hard to tell what was going on in the match, but I assume somone looped him or sth and he was just sick of that. There are only very few killers that camp because they like that "playstyle".
One thing you need to be aware of. If you dont follow the "killers codex", then they might see no reason to follow your "survivor codex"
no the game had just started and he decided to go after me and didnt want to leave i hate killers like that because i cant climb back down to low ranks.
Hard to judge without footage.
But maybe it was one of those guys that enjoy camping, i dont know
You can't climb down unless you wanna depip, in that case is good be camped. That sentence confuses me
Anyway as master said its not fun for either side. Maybe that guy picked you because in the last game other survivors made his game a torture so he needed to vent like that. Its the only thing I came in mind. I know its not fair but happens, play killer sometimes is very stressful if you're against decent survivors and everybody reacts in different ways
Happens, like happens to have that idiot that farm your ass in front of the killer then you play killer and get destroyed by a swf then go back to survivor and get farmed. and eternal cycle of tilting
killers camp for 1 reason and you probably wont like it. its because in high ranked matches or any game really the amount of hooks a person can endure is too much therefore one of the best strategy is camping survivor until hook phase 2 to ensure they dont become altruistic when rescued yeah its no fun but it is required to win against sfws
low ranks as in 1 2 3 4 5 6 i understand what you mean but im talking about getting to the low numbers in rank as in 1
im a solo surv and i almost never see swf
I personally only camp if I know survivors are around. I don't even camp toxic people, as I find it's more effective to just tunnel their ass off the hook.
I keep hearing excuse after excuse... .
"It's only in low ranks."
"It's only in high ranks."
"You must have deserved it."
"Their last match was probably awful."
I get it... there are SOME legit reasons to camp, even though as a rank 10 killer I've ONLY camped because someone was trolling their own team OR teabagging.
please stop making excuses for these trash players.
im at rank 14 because every time i get to 13 i get tunneled and camped before i can do anything its becoming a problem for me to where i dont even want to play like i use to.
Because your tears give us a healthy, vibrant glow.
Btw, if killer camps for no reason and doesnt give a ######### about gens it's because he/she has NOED, do totems!
the guy literally messaged me saying "Lol papa myers making kids salty" after the game because i just dced after he tunneled me after me being camped and because of his lag i was teleporting and he caught me.
I don't want to assume the worst of the killer you faced, so maybe they just went AFK at the hook to take care of their pet or go to the toilet or something, and then came back to see that you had DC'ed, then thought he made you salty by chasing and hooking you.
But some people are incredibly desperate for kills (at the cost of both their and your enjoyment), or maybe after the chase they thought you were too good to be caught again so they wanted to take you out quickly.
I'm kinda confused though, how did he tunnel you if he camped you? People who get camped are 9 times out of 10 going to die on that first camped hook.
Go watch rank 1 streamers play killer. Notice how they're too busy chasing someone every second to be camping. You don't need to camp/tunnel to win games. There's a mental barrier around purple ranks that people struggle with in this mindset.
Camping is basically a killer saying "well you guys are too tough for me, I'm done, I'm just gonna get this guarenteed kill instead".
Almost every game has at least one SWF group now.
Why am I not surprised.
Stop throwing in random terms. If he camped you, then you woudnt have get tunneled, you would have died on the first hook. Then another classic lagg excuse and the classic ragequit in the end.
I do, happens quite regularly that at least 2 gens pop during the first chase. But yeah what an idiot baby killer without brain, why did he follow the survivor into the loops, such a camper, git gud
FYI when the guy said "tunneled" above he probs means when his teammates pull him off the hook anyway regardless of a killer in the area. No need to snap at him.
Firstly, let me just ask what killers do you use? Some will struggle, that's a sad fact about the game.
Secondly, losing 2 gens isn't the end of the game. It does seem that way and I know when I was nrw I felt the same but it's not the end. I've seen games that were in the bag get lost and games that were lost end up won. The game can change at any moment and I think that's the appeal of it.
The top tier killers can apply an immense amount of pressure. I've seen games where someone like Billy can be looped for 3 gens without a single hook, but then he finally gets 1 hook, zookes across the map, lands a quick chainsaw hit and suddenly hes got 2 people on hook, this creates a snowball effect the survivors can't recover from and gens just stop being done.
as a shape main camping has become a somewhat necessity first you get a early grab then stalk from a distance usually by the time they are rescued you can pop teir 3 but first you need to make sure the perosn who was rescued was in stage 2 this is essential as it prevents altruism when you pop teir 3 and begin your hooking spree
Dying Light comes into mind as well... You as obsession dies and the rest gets a major penalty.
I only camp when the gates are powered because there's nothing else to do. As for people camping at the beginning of the game, they are probably:
this is spot on and to be honest number four is least common and number 1 is most common
95% of the games where I camp 1) Ruin is destroyed early, the gens have been done at God speed by the time I've ended one chase, and there's one gen left and or the exit gates are open and 2) If someone has been tea bagging me the entire match. I don't really care about winning at that point, I just want to make sure you die.
Tbh, I just camp because I get free 4 man kills! Free bloodpoints 4 me! Seriously, this is why I like camping when there is a Hyper-Altruistic Hero in the game, It gets annoying, but boy does it feel good when you hook him! Yet you all complain about being re-hooked. You're all not taking the hint are you? Something even MORE embarrassing: I've been camping in the higher ranks... and STILL get those 4-man kills!
the only reason to do this for me would be because of the huuge amounts of salt i get in the end game lobby.
or if you played super toxic and denied me multiple hooks with your flashlight. this is enough for me to get rid of you.
i got unhooked he hit the person unhooking me and went after me i was able to get to a pallet nearby
recorrect your statement to PC. on xbox there isnt a SWF around every corner
it was actual lag i literally teleported from one spot to another one that was more than 5 ft away also heres for the other part> @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
he didnt have dying light and i wasnt the obsession
let me just state when i mean why you camp i mean why do you camp when i 1) have not done anything to deserve it 2) the game started not only 1 minute before i was the first person you found 3) i ran you around for maybe 1 minute with no gens popping and i didnt teabag or have a flashlight.
most people are talking about camping with gens done i understand if you camp and only one gen is left or the exit gates are open or certain other situations.
I don't need a reason to camp, if I feel like it I feel like it.
If you don't like the fact that ur being camped just ######### on the hook and move to the next game.
Camping is an allowed strategy according to the developers. As much as it's boring to do, sometimes it helps the Killer win.
This post is the primary reason people camp "without reason". They want to see you upset about it. They're trolls, and posts like this make them feel justified.
I am 100% certain that if people stopped complaining about camping it wouldn't be as big of an issue.
I'm not trying to say it's not a problem for the game, because it is. It sucks the fun out of the game. But it IS a valid strategy for killers who want to just get kills, and the game is built to allow it. But camping always favors the other survivors. They will probably all get out if the 1st person caught is camped. Unless they feed the camper.
And I'm not saying to, "just ignore it" either. Just don't keep posting about it every time it happens. Add to the existing discussions instead. And try to be constructive instead of just flaming killers. The constant threads popping up about camping (or punishing campers) is just making more people want to camp. They love the salt and think it's funny.
The Devs know people hate camping, and they will do what they can. But unfortunately there is no way to "fix" camping.
Just get better at hiding. After they hit you few seconds pass for cleaning the weapon. Usually I hide in that time and I'm just done. I still don't get it now you struggle against killers before reaching red ranks
Even then stealth beats almost all of them.
"Guaranteed kill" like it would give 6k bp if hada good long chase then depip and get 1 kill out of 4.Just be less altruistic and you'll survive a lot more. Save it you're 100% sure he is in a chase or away. That's it, wow so complicated I know
If you're tunneled, find a loop.
If your hooked, you didn't play well enough.
Easy as that.
If someone teabags you shouldn't camp, its a bad mindset. I used to have it back when I was an average killer (myers) trust me stop that habit it ruins ur games since they just do gens.
I won't waste my time on distractions, but you're going to strut around all cocky over 2s stun... I'm going to make sure you get a reminder about who runs the game.
i find that i usually am the first one found since i actually work on generators and not running around looking for chests or totems so when im the only one on a gen it becomes a problem. and i usually do loop them but sometimes like my first game of the day im not so good and dont survive
This is just reason enough to end the argument. If it's not against the rules, deal with it. As good old bricky says, killers don't have to follow any made up code of honor. Either because the context of the game seems to make it pay off or you just freaking want to, Killers shouldn't excuse themselves for this. Same us it's pointless asking survivors why they do one gen after the other.
Ffs, it's a two sided multiplayer game. One side is not "responsible" for the other's "fun". It's up to oneself.
A while ago, I watched a YouTube video offering tips on killer.
One such tip was to never let the first person you hook live.
The line of thinking is a little sound.
1 less person doing gens. Anyone doing a rescue isn't doing gens and can get caught, and maybe killed. That means even fewer doing gens later.
That means no immediate gen rush, and that means less people doing gens later.
Of course the counter to this is just do gens, or gen rush, pop 2, or 3. Apply pressure on the killer to leave the hook. Rescue just before struggling.
Of course, depending on the time spent hooking the first person, that could mean 4, or even 5 gens are done.
Last gen gets done, then there's basically no way the killer will leave the hook.
This leads to the gates being open. Gates done means who ever is on the hook is going to get secures.
So, obviously the make sure the first hook dies tactic can backfire, and the video I watched didn't cover it backfiring.
Of course there the idea of altruism, and bait. Lure in several survivors, knock down more than the 1 originally had.
And chaos. I can't count how many times I watched the yellow auras go into panic mode once I got hooked. Neither rescue, totems, or gens were being done.
If you run around a killer too much, or make yourself known to be dangerous in a chase by killing their time, they may prioritize you leaving the game. The nail that sticks up too much gets hammered down first.
Of course there's just people that do it to make others mad, etc.
Tl:dr the reasons are many, and vary as much as killers. Trying to make sense of it is kinda folly.
^.^
i didnt do flashlight spam if you read the post
i said WHY do you camp not STOP camping its against the rules
There are no rules genius. Killer's do not have to abide by the Non-existent "Survivor Rule-book". IF you got hooked, you got hooked. Learn from your mistakes so you don't get hooked next time.