why do killers hit players over and over again on hook?
It's not going to make me die faster, in fact I'll go as slow as I can when they do that.
It's not going to make me die faster, in fact I'll go as slow as I can when they do that.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Cause they get mad at every little thing survivors do.
It's usually a BM thing, as the survivor can't do anything about it but sit and watch
Pure Love
Its like Tbaggong at the exit gate. BM when they can't do anything about it. However in this case all it dose is was time.
You wasted too much of their time in chase usually
Gives the killer something to do while they camp you into a new and different incarnation.
Theres no need to feel sour
Theyre spending their precious time on you specifically! They could be slugging... hitting some one else on hook... or maybe even the legendary: Playing the Game Normally
You should feel honored!
Irrational behavior, just ignore it and keep hitting the skill checks.
Same reason survivors tbag
I only ever hit on hook because it's funny and sometimes in character.
Usually, NM. Some killers do it cause it cancels out the survivors loud as ######### scream when hooked though.
The last time it happened to me I coudn't stop laughing, thinking how tilted/new this killer must be to BM.
The first few times it happened to me was not fun at all because I was so new to the game. If they're trying to provoke a early death it's more fun pretending to self-unhook and give team some time to do gens.
Because it is part of my charm, kind of like how survivors teabag. It is to express themselves as a douchebag. I need that as a killer too, you know?
Some killers, especially new ones, think it does make the sacrifice go faster. The fact that survivors on the hook react to being hit makes it seem like the killer's hits are having some sort of effect on gameplay.
Usually, though, it's done as BM or because the killer is bored.
Because it's hysterical
I don't get that or the teabagging at Exit thing, either one. 🤷♂️
they're mad and bad
i have no doubts you scream a lot
Pot calling the kettle black
Why do people fight in real life...its usually to make a point but its also caveman instincts kicking in lol
This. I've had a lot of killers BM me because they didn't like that I popped a gen in their face. What else am I supposed to do...? Let them kick it with pop? I've also been treated badly because I looped, stunned them with a pallet, blinded them, etc. The list goes on and on. lmao
To assert dominance
I only do it to someone teabagging etc, and that's if I'm not playing ghostface because then I can just do it back(Though even then I only do it if they're the last survivor, Im not about to waste time. and if its a map with breakable walls or a killer who can use their power to farm points then I do that instead). If its unjustified, as in you aren't being toxic so you dont deserve the treatment back, It's just them being childish like teabagging at the exit gate.
And im sure you're raging on hook while being hit 😂
some to get a reaction others because they're mad
It's the same as tbagging as a Survivor at an Exit Gate. The person getting BM'd can't do anything about it
Just to be annoying I guess.
So all I can say is the reason that I do it.
I don't hit over and over again that's a waste of time. But if I do hit someone on the hook it's because
1) Someone broke my devour hope.
2) They left someone to die on their first hook.
3) They finished a gen in my face while they were injured.
4) They looked at me funny.
It's totally a dominance/insecurity thing. Like "yeah! I did this! I have power over you!" Or trying re-assert "dominance" after being clowned.
It's something I see the most at lower levels.
Just last night was playing a match against a Nemesis on my new PC account and the killer was tunneling and camping (and slugging late). And giving every hooked surv a few smacks on hook. And while I was on the ground and one other surv was left alive, that surv ran the killer like a racehorse for an eternity, essentially until I bled out.
Then I spectated and watched the killer continue to get run for a good while before going down, at which point they proceeded to hit them on hook until they couldn't anymore. It was sad, and clearly trying to "punish" the surv for making them look bad.
Though I have to admit I did get a little annoyed with a Boil Over/Flipflopper/Librarian the other night and gave them one smack as the entity was taking them away.
Easy, people with powerless real life
It is a type of BM.
There is an achievement to hit survs on a Hook for 1000 times - don´t you know?
Also for every 100 hits your arms get stronger and your hit recovery is lowered by 0,0001% (joke - just in case...)
3 most popular reasons listed in no particular order
killers love hiting you thats why they want to hit you more on hook so you cant enter dying state
Hit once on hook if the survivor being hooked has a really annoying scream. (feng)