Increase survivor bloodpoint reward
I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?
Comments
i know this is why i usually run were gonna live forever and farm people so i get about 30 - 50k
Like I said one billion time since the game release, if you want as much point as killer you should also accept losing your item/addon no matter the game outcome like killers
I think the killer side has a decent bp system, but the survivor's bp doesn't feel like it reflects how the match actually went. There have been times where I have saved people 5+ times on the hook, healed them 2+ times, done a gen, and been chased a little bit, cleansed a totem or two and then I still come out with an incredibly small amount of points. I love the emblem system, but I agree that the points don't feel right.
As a survivor the workload is shared across 4 people. You can relax more as you're holding M1 on a gen half the time.
Killer is all out from the get go. Chase after chase after chase. They have to do it all themselves too against a team of 4.
It makes sense that they get more points.
That said I think the survivor scoring system could get an overhaul. Doing gens while the killer struggles to get a hook all game gived you very little since you get no benevolence and no evader.
As a killer however you can pretty much just sneeze and get a black pip.
yes it does the only way to get survival points other than surviving is either self healing or self unhooking
Maybe we should get points for wiggling and stealth.
the longer we are not in a chase with the killer we should get survival points. not alot but enough to where it balances bloodpoints and i swear to god if someone says that killers only get one thing of bloodpoints while survivors all get 4 bloodpoints ill just shoot myself
Do you want that?
I'd have no problem with that. Most of the times my items and add-ons are single-use anyway because I use them up during the match or exchange it with other items I find in chests. Or I die. So more bloodpoints would be nice.
Of course you'd had no problem. Survivors are not dependent on their Items and their Add-ons unlike most of the Killers.
Sure, if survivors lose all their stuff too, even if they escape
Most crazy strong items are consumables one use key insta's brand new parts etc. Toolboxes ya are problematic but that's a balance issue a slight nerf to toolboxes is definitely needed the depip squad proved that. What's important to note is a survivour needs an items and add-ons where as a killers power is default with add ons being the changing factor.
Every time a double bp or bp event starts up killer lobbies are crap. Because often you can farm up more points as killer. This makes getting consistent killer games annoying so why not make it so survivors get equal bp gain or at the very least slightly improve the amount you get as survivor.
Survival point categories should award points for escaping the killer whilst injured. As a whole survival should award points based on other categories as well. Like benevolence healing someone up, and gen completion. To do this they could slightly reduce escape points but award points across all these activities.
I honestly don't understand why (presumably) killer mains sound so salty about this idea. It's not like anyone's proposing that killers get less points, just that survivors should get more. It's not like it affects you if other people can level up their characters at the same rate by playing the role that they prefer. It did occur to me that perhaps it has to do with the kind of stuff that appears on survivor bloodwebs, maybe it's meant as a balance tactic because otherwise survivors would get too many good items/offerings? But that still doesn't make sense, because it's not like you have to use points earned on survivor to level survivors. It literally just comes down to what role you prefer, and both roles should be more or less equally lucrative. I think the game shouldn't force everyone into the killer role just to earn extra points. Killers queues are long enough as it is.
I think the solution is just to give survivors more points for things they either don't get points for at all currently, or don't get enough. So, in my opinion, survivors should get points for:
Survivors should get more points for:
I'm sure there are other ways to rebalance the survivor bloodpoints system, these are just a few ideas. But I think they're a start.
most of the time they are since you only keep them if you escape meaning your saying your so bad as killer it means you cant kill everyone.
also killer add ons do so much more than survivor items and addons. survivor items and add ons can be one use when flashlights are unlimited and always guarantee a save and tool box and add ons complete a gen in 10 sec
I'd give you an F in textual comprehension. Only bias and malice can interpret "if you want more Bloodpoints, your Items and Add-ons would need to become single-use only without the ability to save and re-use in them in subsequent games" as "I am a bad Killer who can't kill everyone".
I won't bother any further with you. What you're doing is absolutely despicable and pathetic.
The difference in Killer Bloodpoints vs Survivor Bloodpoints is due to item/add-on economy. Survivors can get free items from the match by grabbing something a fellow teammate dropped or using perks to get both the item and add-ons. Killers do not have this option and can only buy there add-ons from the bloodweb. Since the Killer is forced to spend more BP than a survivor, they are rewarded more BP as a way to compensate this economic discrepancy.
its fine the way it is the reason survivors get less its because of two things one survivors can keep their items and two survivors usually will have a faster game then he killer
There are 4 survivors, each capable of reaching 32ķ, same as killer. Actually survs can snatch items too, increasing their effective gain.
Im a casul player but i guess even regular redrankers have rounds where all 5 players have around 18-22k Each. (Unless its a stomp)
While I agree my 4v1 view isn't ideal, neither is comparing 1 surv with the killer
Survivor escape, 1 hook and unhooked another survivor can get 20k (25k with WGLF).
And BBQ works for farming BP and another powered bonus, WGLF only for farming.
The difference between BP is for encourage people to play killer, because in past this game was survivor unbalanced and need people to play Killer.. now that killer is more strong than survivor (solo, not SWF) not need anymore this difference.
Imho
Well, as killer you're playing a 1 VS 4, as Survivor 4 VS 1, i can see the difference on earning BP.
it literally does NOTHING to you... it simply incentivizes more survivor play.
this issue is exactly why I end up playing more killer than survivor. (this and the abundance of campers on xbox)
again items and add ons for survivor is not guaranteed to survive and items and add ons for killers well the item is your power which i can argue does alot more for than my item and the add ons are so much more powerful then our item add ons so when items/power and add ons are given equal power then they can be one use. and no its not a 1v4 for me its a 1v1v1v1v1
7 Objectives for 4 survivors, (Gens + Gates) 2 of these objectives which take little time, whilst 12 objectives for 1 killer.
Tell me again, why should survivors get more bloodpoints?
If killer is so great and gives so many easy bloodpoints… feel free to play killer.
What is holding you back?
Just do it.
And don't forget to come back to the forum and share your experience with us.
Maybe then killers that don't step more than 10m away from the hook wouldn't have such an easy time when survivors decide to attempt an unhook anyway.
It made sense to me, but im an old school D&D player. A solo player (killer) should get a higher amount of exp than a party of 4-6 (Survivors) ... I main killer, but I play occasionally survivor too, so I have enough BP to feed my Meg just by playing my killers. Not a problem for me since it is all pooled together.
I've been playing survivor a lot more recently, and I've come to find that survivors have benefits that killer's don't get to enjoy.
Survivors are able to engage with the trial as much as they see fit; if you want to hide the whole trial, you can do that; on the other hand you can choose to engage more by getting chased and unhooking people; your bloodpoint scores will reflect this. The greatest aspect to this, really, is that as a survivor I have a few options regarding how stressful I want the game to be, not always, but often. As a killer, it's ######### or get off the pot.
Also, survivors can leave the trial early. When playing killer I am stuck in the match until it finishes, but as a survivor I have been able to earn 5-10k BP quickly and be out of the trial in a few minutes, even if I die. So, if I focus on playing that way, I can get in 3-5 games in the time it takes my killer to complete 2-3. Pretty good when I consider that as a killer I'm not guaranteed to earn 50-60k each trial.
It's pretty neat that as a survivor I can leave a trial with an item, even when I didn't bring any in... then continuously reuse that item. As a killer I have to spend points just to improve my chances to win, but even then, if I get genrushed and can't secure many hooks for BBQ I can leave the trial with 10k BPs. Only earning 10k doesn't happen often, but it only pays for the addons I used to enter the trial, meaning I gained virtually zero bloodpoints from that trial.
To be frank, I don't have a problem with survivors earning more BPs, really. I see them do it all the time. Although, I do have a problem with them earning BPs more easily than killers, because those potential BP gains are sometimes the only reason a person is willing to play as the killer.
so you killers can keep your survivors to kill instead of survivors playing killers for more BP
1: Disagreeing with someone does not automatically make them a "whiner"
2: Killers have much harder jobs, therefore granting them more bloodpoints.
second, no one is trying to make killers get less for the work they do, they're trying to get more for the work that survivors do... so where's the problem you have with this?
I guess survivors should just risk their lives for their teammates "just because" ?
breaking totems and voluntarily slowing down the game just in case someone has NOED shouldn't be rewarded?
no, you're right, survivors shouldn't get any incentive to play the game since they're obviously not putting in anywhere near as much work as the killer, hell, they're getting too many bloodpoints already.
Who is whining?
I didn’t say people are trying to make killers get less blood points.
You act like survivors get much less blood points than killers. This is incorrect. Try “We’re going to live forever”
you're right, it's a fallacious point I was making that clearly serves no purpose. it definitely wasn't meant to illustrate that killers are up in arms over something that literally doesn't affect them at all.
and once again, no, you're right, survivors should be forced to rely on a broken mechanic (taking hits for other survivors that rarely register) or throwing ourselves at the mercy of every camper for a rescue to get bloodpoints.
I'm sorry that I forgot how hard this game is on killers... I'll let myself out...
I'd be down for a permanent BP increase, or at least more frequent blood hunts. As it is at the moment, grinding is just painful especially with how bad the bloodwebs can be, leveling up feels like wasting my BP half the time.
Smart!
Killer need more BPs... Killer are the only player that will play the whole game from start to end, no matter what… Survivor can still gain MORE BPs than the killer IF they are good… so what's your point exactly?
Survivor can just jump into the next game and go on playing and gain more BPs per minute, but of course not if you have to wait for your SWF buddies.
can we just let this go already FFS if you want more BP just play killer if not suck it up as I do.